[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combining robot toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 22

File: Lex_Linn1425211990[1].jpg (314KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
Lex_Linn1425211990[1].jpg
314KB, 600x770px
We all know one thing that's better than a robot is more robots, and additionally the one thing better than more robots is robots that combine into bigger robots.

So what are some best/coolest/funnest combiners out there? I was thinking about getting Sentinel's Dancouga, but the price, size, and fragility put me off. I prefer smaller and more play friendly combiners, but it's still really hard to beat that amazing look. Any suggestions or want to share a favorite?
>>
>>6460745
>So what are some best/coolest/funnest combiners out there?
SOC Gaogaigar is my favorite. A majority (of Americans) seems to like SOC Golion/Voltron a lot so maybe look into that but IMO, it's pretty bland, all the individual forms are too similar and the combined mode is lazy as fuck not even offering an option to hide the lion legs and not even trying to fix the proportions. If "handling fun" is a factor, you should definitely drop the high end toys and go for the Transformers/3P option. Some of them are REALLY solid when combined and fun to transform. I don't like most of them because of how they look but I admit you can't beat them when it comes to playability. Also most of them have an individual robot mode which is nice.

>I was thinking about getting Sentinel's Dancouga but the price, size, and fragility put me off. I prefer smaller and more play friendly combiners
Smaller? STN Dancouga is really small already, and also pretty solid. Yes, I know, some people had some parts breaking on them and since people like to shit on expensive figures, the very few issue reports were blown out of proportions. The truth is some people did break theirs, like they would have broke any other figure, and that's it. It has nothing to do with widespread issues or fragility.
The price is a valid complaint though. Dancouga looks awesome when combined but not so much in individual forms plus the engineering, articulation aside, is fairly simple. The combination is almost non existant and it doesn't feature any particular gimmick. While I do like the figure for its glorious combined mode, I don't feel like it's worth the asking price. Maybe half what they asked for.
>>
>>6461413
>If "handling fun" is a factor, you should definitely drop the high end toys and go for the Transformers/3P option. Some of them are REALLY solid when combined and fun to transform. I don't like most of them because of how they look but I admit you can't beat them when it comes to playability.

SOC Golion is actually more solid than any 3p combiner. The most solid and stable combiner I've ever come across. Great hand candy, on top of having better build and finish quality than most other SOCs. Any robot collector who doesn't at least handle one is missing out on something amazing.
>>
>>6461439
>SOC Golion is actually more solid than any 3p combiner.
That's just plain wrong. Not all 3P combiners are Hercules.
>>
>>6461508

Haven't handled Golion or any of the recent 3p combiners, have you?
>>
>>6461514
>Haven't handled Golion
I did. As a matter of fact, I own it.
>or any of the recent 3p combiners
>recent
>>6461439
>any
And here starts the backpedaling.
>>
>>6461530

Backpedaling from what? Whatcha got? Feral Rex, Quantron, Warbatron, Hades? I only own Feral Rex and Quantron, but I've played with the others and then some. So, whatcha got?
>>
>>6461540
>SOC Golion is actually more solid than ANY 3p combiner
>SOC Golion is actually more solid than RECENT 3p combiner
>"Oh and by the way, out of all the 3P combiners that exist, I only own 2"
There's no point arguing with people like you. Have a nice day.
>>
>>6461546

Lol, what are you even complaining about? The recent ones have generally been more solid than the early entries, but yeah, feel free to claim that GoLion is less solid that Tfc's superion or some such.
>>
>>6461566
What he's saying is that without knowledge of the recent combines, making a statement that Golion is more stable than them is a bit unfounded.
>>
File: po.jpg (95KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
po.jpg
95KB, 640x960px
>>6461540

You can pick up and shake Maketoys Giant with one hand and nothing will move. Giant was nothing but stable and was like the second original combiner from third parties years ago.

As of late, TFC's Poseidon is probably the best third party combiner effort in terms of stability, size, and playability given every limb can be an arm, a leg, or a gun for the combiner. The limbs and torso still maintain competent robot modes and alt modes. You just have to like the colors and TFC's aesthetics.
>>
>>6461590
>What he's saying is that without knowledge of the recent combines, making a statement that Golion is more stable than them is a bit unfounded.

No. That's what >>6461566, >>6461514 was saying. >>6461546 was just flailing with nonsense.

>>6461600
>You can pick up and shake Maketoys Giant with one hand and nothing will move.

That's laughable bullshit. Unless your Giant was magically nothing like mine.
>>
File: RIDCF-Ultra-bee-01.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RIDCF-Ultra-bee-01.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Hasbro's official combiners are virtually indestructible!
>>
File: b3rhgw.jpg (258KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
b3rhgw.jpg
258KB, 1050x800px
>>6461727
Jokes aside, if you're not too hung up about articulation or style, there ARE sturdy and fun kiddie toys out there.
>>
>>6461723
I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid.
>>
Why do giant robots always bring out everyone's autism
This is why I usually never go into any giant robot related thread
>>
>>6461872
Because giant robots usually means giant figures, giant figures usually means high priced toys, high priced toys usually means that poor people will have a hard time admitting they made the wrong decision by buying it. And since most people here are poors...

Go check some boards dedicated to high end robot toys. People there usually have money and you'll see how different discussions and opinions can be when money is out of the equation.
>>
File: pic_powerdsuit_series02.png (85KB, 880x383px) Image search: [Google]
pic_powerdsuit_series02.png
85KB, 880x383px
>>6460745
DIACLONE 2.0
>>
>>6461987
>>
Officially licensed and produced Lego Voltron. (Announced)
>>
File: smug reign.jpg (308KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
smug reign.jpg
308KB, 857x1143px
It's too bad the best-looking Combiner Wars torso is also the least stable one.
>>
>>6460745
>So what are some best/coolest/funnest combiners out there?
picrelated
no joking. i have it and its fucking awesome
>>
File: 20170618_140941.jpg (442KB, 800x748px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_140941.jpg
442KB, 800x748px
>>6462851
>is also the least stable on
>doesn't post Hot Spot

Hot Spot/Onslaught/Pyra Magna mold is wonderful hot trash. They all have the same problem that has never been addressed because its easier just to leave it alone. And its sucks because Bruticus, Defensor, Victorion are really neat.

Best TF Combiner hands down though is this motherfucker.
>>
>>6462963
God I fucking wish I knew where my Omega Prime went.
>>
>>6462895
this is like a model kit, right?
>>
File: reduced-image_5834_106.jpg (66KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_5834_106.jpg
66KB, 640x816px
Prepare your collective ani.
>>
File: CkjEMoWUUAE7bEx.jpg (105KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CkjEMoWUUAE7bEx.jpg
105KB, 800x800px
>>
File: dUEfqT7.jpg (212KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
dUEfqT7.jpg
212KB, 800x900px
>>6463013
>>
File: TOYSBZ26059.jpg (297KB, 1229x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TOYSBZ26059.jpg
297KB, 1229x1600px
>>6463013
>>6463017
FINAL FUSION!
>>
File: doraemon_combiner.jpg (58KB, 527x712px) Image search: [Google]
doraemon_combiner.jpg
58KB, 527x712px
And for the Doraemon fans.
>>
>>6461988
Ahhhhhhh Big Powered why you tempt me so
https://youtu.be/eLNT-L4wvmY
>>
File: south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>6465285
Fucking hell, I already have this on preorder but damn.

Why are these commercials so good?
>>
File: muxgtZS.jpg (460KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
muxgtZS.jpg
460KB, 2000x1125px
Dancouga is amazing, but honestly not much of a combiner. He puts "boots" and a head on, and you're set. The base Big Moth's articulation sis o nice it makes it a great figure no matter what, but it does lose some wow factor you should get from combiners.

I really like SoC GoLion/Voltron and GaoGaiGar. I get thatVoltron lacks a certain "wow" factor since its so basic, but in hand it feels very nice, and compared to other combining robots it has the weight and height give it a commanding presence. Personally I'm glad they didn't hide the lion legs, I like the look with them exposed.

GaoGaiGar is great, and I think looks best just alone, free from all the expansion sets. I do own and display them all, having it with the StarGaoGaiGar upgrade, but you're best off with just the base figure.

Daizyujin/Megazord is a fun, but very underwhelming piece. Especially for th eprice. Like GGG, I don't think any expansions(Dragonzord & Titanus) would really improve the base figure since it'd just make it a brick, except for the alternate Dragonzord combo.

Gunbuster is another cool piece, but severely dated. It doesn't capture the animation look perfectly, but does an admirable job. Its a bit awkward due to weight distribution.

I'm inteerested in more, but aesthetically a lot of SoC releases are a bit too dated looking for me. When it comes to 70's/80's mecha, I usually prefer more dynamic redesigns,which is why Sentinel's Dancouga and their Obari line is up my alley.

Also interested in Generation Toy's Yellow gravity Builder, or G2 devastator. Their basic release doesn't match my G1 collection, but my G2 stuff is more a free-for-all
>>
>>6462963
What's the problem with them? I own the Takara Bruticus and Hasbro Hotspot. Bruticus torso seems to hold up well although I never looked at the instructions so I may be unintentionally fanmoding him while Defensor holds well thanks to the chest piece tabs. Am I missing something?
>>
>>6462846
fake
>>
>>6465404
Idiot.
>>
>>6465404
I'm sure there were fake versions in the past, but this one was just announced, along with a ship in a bottle.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/f20a58da-a8fd-4a2c-a0db-3a094de6fe21
>>
File: JR8Yr.jpg (160KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
JR8Yr.jpg
160KB, 1024x732px
>>6466663
i just know the lions will be CCBS based instead of regular bricks
>>
>>6461753

is this the chinese sentai?
>>
>>6460745
>I was thinking about getting Sentinel's Dancouga, but the price, size, and fragility put me off. I prefer smaller and more play friendly combiners
I think the fragility issue is only with the alternate, non-transforming head. Also the Sentinel Dancouga is a lot smaller than the SoC one.

I still regret not picking it up. At least I have the new SoC on pre-order.
>>
>>6463019
I'd love it if it were capable of standing under it's own weight.
>>
File: mugenbine.jpg (293KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mugenbine.jpg
293KB, 1200x1000px
Ever since I was a child, I've always had the opinion that if a robot can't transform or combine, then what's the point?
>>
File: macross city.jpg (99KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
macross city.jpg
99KB, 800x446px
>>6474532
Who wants to be squished when riding a transforming combining robot?
Who wants to be killed when you take 30 seconds to combine?

I never liked combining robots because they're basically useless until they combine.
And transforming ones would make me feel uncomfortable. I saw Robotech, so falling to my doom while jogging down a playground or being squished between what used to be a hallway is scary as fuck.
Nevermind all the pilotable transforming combining mech where I'm suddenly a fist being thrown at 200mph against steel wall and other crazy organ liquifying, bone pulverizing martial art bullshit.
>>
>>6474542
Your mom gets squished when she rides my transforming robot.
>>
>>6474542
Tha's why I like Diabattles 2.0 so much. There are a bunch of different configurations so that if the team is interrupted during combination they can abort and still be left with combat-ready options.
>>
Did someone call the Zybots?!
>>
>>6484866
What in the frozen 9th layer of hell is that
>>
>>6474532

thats some gurren lagann levels of combining
>>
File: b0058836_1233215.jpg (102KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
b0058836_1233215.jpg
102KB, 443x600px
>>6485188
That's Machine Robo Mugenbine, and **that isn't even its final form**. Literally the only thing limiting the size of your gattai is the amount of components you have available. It gets pretty damn insane.
>>
>>6466684
You don't know shit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.