[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figure Preference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: vpHVcch.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
vpHVcch.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
Do you have a preference for your figures? Do you find yourself ending up with more female than male figures? Or ones that all follow a common theme? I was going through my collection and I have a random assortment of female figures from various lines I don't even collect- I just thought they looked cool
>>
Most of my figures are of Japanese men in brightly colored full-body suits.
>>
>>6452413
I play with my toys. so i mostly collect anything that's known for their fighting abilities.
>>
I mostly collect articulated stuff. I especially like anything robotic so I have stuff from mecha musume to daibadi to gundam, but I still have some stuff that breaks the mold. Right now I think the gender amount among my figures is about 50/50, but I prefer males.
>>
They are mostly robots and toku.
>>
I only collect female xeno/monster/furry, yes, I'm a monster...
>>
Male: Female ratio is about 50:50 at the moment.
Entirely characters from series I enjoy. That's the only theme going on.
>>
>>6452413
I only have a few male characters. I'm actually a bit nervous about owning female figures.
>>
>>6452828
Whys that anon
>>
>>6452852
Just nervous about judged.
>>
I have more heroes than villains and I tend to favor girls and robots but not so much that they outnumber the dudes.
>>
>>6452828
>>6453011
Wow. That's fucking ridiculous.
If you can't enjoy your hobby without worrying about what people think, you need to find something else.
>>
I only collect scale figures. I used to also collect articulated ones but that was just too much effort considering Im in the doll hobby as well. So i like scale figures with lots of elements and high detail to decorate my shelves
>>
Self-imposed rule is to focus on buying articulated figures with standard proportions. It originally was to protect my wallet and save me the headache from deciding whether I should get nendos and statues, but the more my collection grew, the more I realized how much I love playing around with articulation.

I just get characters I like, but male characters tend to have quieter designs (making me less likely to like them) and get less figures.
>>
Besides my Star Wars shit, I only buy things with swords or other melee weapons.
>>
Most of my figures are from video games and female, but that's just a coincidence-I don't watch a lot of anime and I won't buy a figure if I haven't seen what it's from, so that sort of limits my collection. And more cute girls get figures than big burly guys. I'd buy more boys if there were toys I'm interested in. Also half of my figures are blonde with more on the way, not sure what's up with that.

I don't care about scale though, I have Revoltech Layton next to Nendoroid Mackenzie with my Splatoon amiibo not far away, no shits given.
>>
>>6452413
What figure is this? Also who made that model food?
>>
File: 6782740227_9a1339fb6a_b.jpg (192KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
6782740227_9a1339fb6a_b.jpg
192KB, 1024x710px
>>6452413
MOTUC is the primary focus of my collection, and the majority of the ones that I have are non-human males.

(pic is not mine)
>>
Super deformed or Chibi, almost all non-human characters or fully covered faced characters, like Predators, knights, superheroes. Almost all male.
No, I don't think Funko pops count as Chibi.
>>
>>6452413
Only females, ~15cm high, mostly shinkis.
>>
I don't really care about toy gender.
I just buy characters I like.
Mostly males and monsters since most female characters that get made are from shitty source material or only get SD shit.
>>
>>6452413
>Do you have a preference for your figures?
Self imposed rule of strictly articulated figures so I don't bankrupt myself and I'm really not into statueshit so it works out.

Do you find yourself ending up with more female than male figures?
There's a pretty large gap between male and female figures I own simply because there hasn't been any good figures or any that exist of my favorite dudes.

Or ones that all follow a common theme?
Only shit like figma, figuarts, revoltechs and I've actually seen the source material and like the character. I've just recently branched out into nendoroids. These things are fucking cute holy shit.
>>
Generally I just watch something and if there character I like I usually see what they have and I buy what's best albeit I mostly have anime shit, mecha anime shit, and toku shit, some cape shit but not enough
>>
>>6454024
Tomoko from Watamote, she got a Nendo that's now out of production. And the food are erasers actually.
>>
I like articulated high quality toys, so I mostly collect the fancy Japanese figures, though I do have a couple hot toys as well.
>>
robots and kamen riders
>>
File: 198429.jpg (65KB, 500x797px) Image search: [Google]
198429.jpg
65KB, 500x797px
My collection is practically all male. The stuff I'm into is predominately male so there's rarely a female character I like, let alone would want in my collection.

Do regret not getting this though.
>>
>>6452453
toko?
>>
I basically like to collect characters from shows that I like. Not really a fan of female characters but I have two, one chun li and kaoru from rurouni kenshin, the rest of my collection is just male characters.
>>
I only collect female Marvel Legends and wrestlers
>>
>>6452413
All my human-like figures are females, even the robot girls. All my gunpla, is well "male". No nobel gundam or anything like that.
>>
>>6452413
I collect random shit that I like. The only thing they all share in common is that they're 1:12 scale and fully articulated.
>>
>>6452413
Anything with articulation, really.
>>
>>6457001
Do you go store to store and just see what you like and buy it? Or do you randomly decide to browse online and buy anything that catches your eye?
>>
>>6458173
I look up characters I like and see if they have a figure I like. If yes, I record it in a mental list and get the ones I want most. Occasionally, I'll see a figure I like of a series I have no connection too. If that happens, I'll usually either check out the source material or make mental note to do so. This has introduced me to a lot of shit I may have never checked out otherwise, like Judge Dredd or Summer Wars.

Also, like 97% of my figures were purchased online. Out of those, 1% is from cons and the other 2% from retail.
>>
File: FriendsChatting.jpg (620KB, 1526x1162px) Image search: [Google]
FriendsChatting.jpg
620KB, 1526x1162px
>>6452413

Robots, and big titty/fat assed women. Bonus points for both. Also one-off figures of various series I like.
>>
Even after many years of non-TF lines I think my collection is still majority robots. The non-robot toys probably skew female. One, because animu is mostly female. Two, Hasbro and Mattel are such shitters with distribution and remaking a very small handful of characters over and over and over. Like how many fucking Spidermen and Iron Men does anybody need?
>>
>>6458187
This is somewhat similar to me actually. I'll dick around /toy/ and peek into other general and see if anything catches my eye of a character I like or just something that looks good and go from there. I've even looked at doll threads in the off chance there's something decent there.
>>
>>6458616
Same here, I came to this board solely for the jojo thread and since then I've gotten into lines that I had absolutely no interest in when I first learned about them
>>
I prefer my humanoid figures to be canonical androids. Something about having physical representations of real humans weirds me out. Animated humans too, but to a lesser extent.
>>
The only theme I'm following is characters from Tsutomu Nihei series like Blame!
Other than that, just characters I like. Preferably as Nendoroids.
>>
>>6452413
I like CUTE figures.
>>
>>6452413
I basically only collect female figures, because I like to think with my dick. But anything Hulk or Superhero-related I like to nab as well.

But I've recently started getting in Dragon Ball S.H. Figuarts.
>>
File: water_starters.jpg (250KB, 1469x1224px) Image search: [Google]
water_starters.jpg
250KB, 1469x1224px
>>6452413
I collect only Pokémon figures, that are in-scale. I have a preference for articulation if possible - it excites my inner kid to have the kind of toy I would've loved. I usually choose Pokémon I like and evolution lines I can complete. For example - the Haunter line in Jakks form, Kanto starters etc. I have some nendo trainers too.

Here's a quick example of some of my collection. I was going for the starters in each gen. Just by chance, a water theme appeared, because they happened to be the ones I was finding at the time.
>>
>>6452413
I collect 1:12 but will go mezco/neca/diamond scale if it's a character I like enough.
Most of my collection is Nintendo but I wouldn't say that's really preference, just what I want to collect. Not a fan of nendoroids but do own a few.
I also seperate my nintendo from random figures. Maybe one day it will be fun to try and incorporate them together.
>>
If I had to sum up my collection it'd be:

Bright/interesting colours
Non-humans

By non humans I mean anything that's not a typical human, so even stuff like the Hulk, because it's over the top.
And if it is a human, I generally go for ones that wear masks/helmets.

I don't really know why it is, but regular human figures just kinda bore me.

Oh, and most of my collection are males. I have a few female figures but honestly it always seems their designs don't interest me much or their costumes are more about fashion than flamboyance, and I fucking love flamboyance.
>>
No, not really. My preferences before were just 1/12-ish (includes 1/10) and decently articulated but recently I've found myself collecting a line that doesn't adhere to either of those rules/
I guess as long as it looks decent and is based on an IP I have an interest in I'll at least consider buying it.
>>
>>6458299
Did you preorder Ianna?
>>
>>6474912
>recently started getting in Dragon Ball S.H. Figuarts.

Don't, get out while you can that's a fuckin money pit
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.