[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my favourite teddy from when I was a kid. I have had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-07-30_00.31.31.jpg (106KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_00.31.31.jpg
106KB, 1080x1080px
This is my favourite teddy from when I was a kid.

I have had him for probably 14 years now. However, he was not built to last - he was really quite a cheap low-quality toy when I was bought him, and so he is showing his age.

I have stitched up countless tears in his body, and have done my best to clean him insomuch as its possible to, but his condition is detoriating.

Hes skin doesnt fit him anymore as the polysterene fillings have distended with moisture(?) and stuff - the back of his head sags while the front of his head bulges, his left leg is much more swollen than his right, etc etc

What can I do to preserve him/take better care of him do you think? He has enormous sentimental value and I dread the day where he fully disintegrates in my arms
>>
>him
did you just assume xir gender?
>>
File: backstitch7.jpg (724KB, 1617x662px) Image search: [Google]
backstitch7.jpg
724KB, 1617x662px
>>6450363
I would say remove all the polystyrene from inside him, gently hand wash his "skin" (definitely don't machine wash him), then check all the seams on the inside and reinforce them where needed. Use a backstitch like pictured. I would buy brand new filling for him because the old stuff is disintegrating and could be releasing chemicals. Finally, you can sew back the seams you had to open to take the stuffing out by folding them back in and using a ladder stitch, like:
http://www.positivelysplendid.com/sew-a-pillow-closed-by-hand-blind-ladder-stitch/

Good as new.
>>
>>6450395
Okay. Where should I make the incision that opens him up to remove the filling?
>>
File: Unpicker.jpg (12KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
Unpicker.jpg
12KB, 520x520px
>>6450422
Does he have a long seam on his back? Probably there. Hopefully you'll be able to get inside his legs and arms through the back. And don't cut anything, just use an unpicker to take out the stitching. If you can'tfind oneto borrow, they're not expensive from craft/sewing stores.
>>
>>6450363
That's not a teddy its a pig op. Look at its nose for fucks sake.
>>
File: 2017-06-24 01.08.37.jpg (2MB, 2597x1911px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-24 01.08.37.jpg
2MB, 2597x1911px
>>6450379
all of my toys were male when i was a kid

guess i was just a born misogynist

>>6450395
>>6450444
Yeah, he does have a backseam.
Ill do this, thank you so much.
>>
>>6450764
You're welcome bro, post pics when you're done. If you have any more questions, I'll be monitoring the thread.
>>
>>6450764
He is not in the picture!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.