[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Line of gorilla toys from 90s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: gr5.png (1MB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
gr5.png
1MB, 1050x900px
Help me to find more information of series of gorilla toys that looked like this?
It was a VERY popular toy that flooded market back in 90s. All of gorillas looked like this - this kind of face and style (leather chest and face/hands/legs + soft fur).

It has patch that says "Bianca" but there is little to no information about this in the internet.

What the hell was this line? I was seeing these gorillas everywhere in all kinds of colors and sizes. What were they?
Who made them?

they were like Funko Pops or beanie Babies only 1 type of gorilla.
>>
File: il_340x270.1224013178_ioq7.jpg (34KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1224013178_ioq7.jpg
34KB, 340x270px
Rainbow Monkeys, Rainbow Monkeys,
Oh, so very round and super chunky,
Bringing love where ever they go,
Everyone's made of a big rainbow.
Oh, red and orange, and pink and blue,
Rainbow Monkeys, Rainbow Monkeys,
We love you!
>>
>>6449137
this is literally a competely different thing

But i give +5 points to Griffindor if this was a joke.
>>
>>6449103
that kong has a funny face.
>>
>>6449143
this face was the same on every figure. either super sized or a very tiny keychain-type.
They were everywhere and i seen them even in some comics that were aired during that time.
They were THAT popular...but..i dont see or hear them anymore. like they never existed.
I wonder if Funko Pop will sink into oblivion like that after 20-30 years.
>>
I LITTERALLY googled "90s gorilla plush animal" and I found out they're called Steven Smith Gorillas.
>>
>>6449103
I need info on this too! At my parents house I have a gorilla from my childhood that looks very similar to this and I have always wanted info on it. BUT--it has some key differences.

- Instead of googly cartoon eyes it has plain marble-like eyes like most stuffed animals
- its brow ridge is lower and more prominent, hiding the eyes
- it has no leather parts, it's all soft plushy fabric

I know that sounds very different on paper, but the shape of all the limbs and parts is pretty much identical to the pic you posted, OP. It also feels super high quality so I'm fairly sure it's not some sort of bootleg.
>>
>>6449233
This one?
>>
>>6449217
oh anon thanks!
it seems like its this. at least i have some clue where to go!
thanks anon!
>>6449233
this guy answered the question i think: >>6449217
>>
>>6449233 here.

Looking up Steven Smith Gorillas didn't turn up anything recognizable to me. Those are all leather and googly eyes like OP's, there's nothing like mine.

>>6449253
Nope. Mine doesn't have any leather parts, and the eyes are obscured completely by the brow ridge.

Now that I look again, I think the arms are a little longer on mine too...the likeness to OP's is still striking though.
>>
File: m_57ee360f2ba50aa82a03c2c9.jpg (159KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
m_57ee360f2ba50aa82a03c2c9.jpg
159KB, 580x580px
You're not talking about the Kipling Gorillas are you? I remember they made really big ones a long time ago
>>
>>6449103
Wow shit I had one of these as a kid. Well one with black fur. Named him Bundolo and brought him with me everywhere I went. Lovet how floppy the arms were. He always won the fighting tournaments I had with my plushies. The black of the eyes got smudged away and my dad drew in new eyes with a marker. Good times.
>>
I found a similar style gorilla from a brand called cuddle wit creations.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.