[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name the Best Figure for a Character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

File: Chun-Li_(CFA).png (296KB, 599x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chun-Li_(CFA).png
296KB, 599x480px
Can't decide which Chun Li to buy
>>
>>6446512
I have RAH's and Figuarts. If you really really like 3rd strike, RAH 1.0 is the most stay true to the art Chun, but it could look off and not as attractive to other people. If you like anime Chun from Alpha, or Capcom vs. SNK/Capcom vs. Tatsunoko then RAH 2.0 Chun is for you.

If you're thunder thigh fetishist however, both RAH's are underwhelming in term of the soft goods obscuring the delicious thigh sculpt and you should get the Figuarts version
>>
File: chun li PAK.jpg (101KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
chun li PAK.jpg
101KB, 500x800px
PAK.

Actually looks like it came from the video game, but holy fuck at the knee.

NECA's is alright, but not a fan of the style from the video game it's based on.

Everyone else has made generic looking chun li.
And there are the cloth ones, which i have no opinion on.
>>
>>6446512
Figuarts.
>>
File: chunkick.jpg (163KB, 635x878px) Image search: [Google]
chunkick.jpg
163KB, 635x878px
Watch or read reviews of the RAH, the SHF, the PAK, and take a hard look at the SC production shots and see which one you think you'll like the best. I only have the SHF out of those and plan to get the SC but the SHF can do pretty much any pose you want. I got her into this pose in like five seconds when I first got her. Big fan.

There are also the old SOTA figures but they are looking rough.
>>
>>6446529
I want a good chun figure but i hate all these obvious joint figures. Ruins the aesthetic of chun. The new one looks ok but has a horrible face.
Cannot win.
I wish figma made a chun but then it would probably not have her muscle legs
>>
>>6446563
And generic anime blob fave
>>
File: MD_RAH_CHUN_LI.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MD_RAH_CHUN_LI.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
>>6446570
RAH 1.0 has non generic face that is very true to her 3rd strike look, but nobody appreciated it
>>
The PAKs get a lot of hate but all the figures are easily the most game accurate we have ever gotten.

But the god damn knee's and the fucking scale that you can't display with anything else ruins them.
>>
>>6446575
Because of those pants. They're supposed to be opaque stockings...
>>
>>6446575
I like the figure's aesthetic, but not so much the scale and the fact that my only real pairing option is the Cammy that they utterly fucked up for whatever reason.

But as derpy as SHF Chun looks, it meshes more nicely with the rest of my figures, so I display that one. 1/12 has so many more possibilities for crossover game displays and general SF ones.

But for just a solo display, I would probably go with a RAH or just a statue if you're not intent on constantly rotating your pose.
>>
File: 20160205_172400_resized.jpg (428KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_172400_resized.jpg
428KB, 918x1632px
RAH 2.0 for 1/6th
Figuarts for 1/12th
>>
>>6446812
>>6446729
RAH chicken tender thigh is a turn off for me, I need the thunder thighs
>>
>>6446829
Especially when it comes to Cammy. Moar like Gammy amirite
>>
File: CvS2ChunLi.jpg (22KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
CvS2ChunLi.jpg
22KB, 300x416px
For the longest time I would have said High Dream's CvS2 Chun Li. It's hard to point in pictures or otherwise, but there's something in that figure that says Chun Li. Their Ryu and Ken were fantastic as well even if objectively speaking some parts of their scuplt were just ridiculous. It was a line with lots of character into it and it is a shame that it was dicontinued before we got Guile and Terry Bogard.

Now I'm not sure. I was let down by the anime look of the Figuarts and for a moment I though I would not buy it, but it is a great figure with very little to criticise apart of the anime look, she's technically great and she's got secured a place on my shelves. I'm very interested on Storm Collectibles one and I'm curious to see how her apparently overdetailed eye bags and disinterested eyes will translate to the final model and in-hand scale.
>>
File: sakura cammy.jpg (8KB, 338x149px) Image search: [Google]
sakura cammy.jpg
8KB, 338x149px
>>6446729
I don't get why people buy things they know look derpy.
You also know that they're going to make a million more Chun Lis from here until the sun engulfs the earth.

Why not just wait and buy something that actually looks like what you like?
Why waste your money when you konw you're just going to replace the derp as soon as someone makes something that's good?

Figures like Sakura here are nearly perfect and Cammy here would be buyable if it weren't for her fucking knee. So I skipped Cammy and bought Sakura, because the Sakura actually looks like she's supposed to and has a lot of great articulation.
I don't mind the difference in scale, as the design/character wouldn't match the rest of my collection anyway.
>>
File: Chun Li(Microman)2.jpg (174KB, 1600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Chun Li(Microman)2.jpg
174KB, 1600x1170px
>>6446812
Microman for 1/18 :(
>>
>>6446512

SHF by a mile.
>>
hot toys need to do a streetfighter line
>>
File: x-zero (18).jpg (811KB, 1746x3104px) Image search: [Google]
x-zero (18).jpg
811KB, 1746x3104px
>>6446512
the thiccest Chun-Li out there is the NECA figure. her legs are literal tree trunks and the joints are pretty seamless.

the only downside I can think of is that she stares at your soul.
>>
>>6447202
Shes got the 1000 squats stare
>>
>>6447202
God that paint is so horrible.
>>
>>6447050
I think the best Sakura is still the SOTA one, the PAK shows too much of her midriff and doesn't look like a teenager, granted it's her SF4 look but yeah Alpha style Sakura is the best.
>>
>>6446529
>PAK knees
>nobody ever notices the wrists
>>
>>6447117
BRRRAAAAAAAAPPP
>>
>>6447202
>Only downside
Are necafags this delusional all the time? Jesus Christ
>>
>>6447760

The SOTA has a shit face. I tried to warn Jerry to resculpt the thing but he went ahead with that POS.

Best Chun Li is a mash up of the High Dream body with the Capcom portraits trading figure head. But it's 7". And everything is now hard to track down.

The PAK is pretty nice if you never bend her knees.

The SHF has a very inaccurate face, but she's very sturdily constructed and is fun as fuck to pose.

Points to the Revoltech Chun Li for a fun fiddley toy as well.

Ignore the rest. The murrikan stuff has been shit. I'm apprehensive about the upcoming SC one too.
>>
>>6447783
Yes, yes they are.
>>
OP asked for best figures for any character

Here's the best Link
>>
>>6448815
>Link
>With brown lipstick
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>6448826

Don't do that to your figures fag
>>
>>6448815
>inb4 this turns into a super autistic thread because nintendbros love to argue about why they didn't do a 1:1 copy of ingame models
>>
>>6448815

This is bait.
>>
File: 1356735533510.jpg (62KB, 247x308px) Image search: [Google]
1356735533510.jpg
62KB, 247x308px
>>6448902
I didn't. Max Factory did, though. The mother fucker has brown lipstick.

Also Skyward Sword was a shitty game, even by modern Zelda standards. Base a figure off one of the worst games, be surprised when it looks like shit.
>>
>>6448815
Cute, but the Twilight Princess Figma is going to be nicer imo.
>>
>>6449004

It feels like you were trying to say something important, but you weren't able to get it out.

Stop projecting yourself onto figures. No one here will judge you for putting on lipstick to go suck off a stranger. However, that has nothing to do with the figure.
>>
>>6446512
buy her bishouji statue and her SHF figure
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.