[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

Where the fuck are they
>>
I thought he said a few months ago we'll be getting them in Fall if we're lucky.
>>
>>6443440
He's in over his head.
>>
He seems to respond to people everyday who comment on the project so he's at least better than the fwoosh guys.
>>
>>6443440
It's a Kickstarter from a first time toy company. Delays aren't just expected, they damn near mandatory. But unlike video game KS, action figure KS deliver far more often then not, it's just rarely delivered "on time".
>>
>>6443714
I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a figure and got it without a single delay.
>>
Took the money and run.
>>
He's been posting pictures of prototypes in finalized packaging on social media, so soonish.
>>
File: Velociraptor-detail-header.png (340KB, 1043x463px) Image search: [Google]
Velociraptor-detail-header.png
340KB, 1043x463px
>>6443440
>scientifically accurate feather bullshit
Fuck that gay ass shit, where are my JP classics?
>>
Is this a "if you didn't preorder, you won't get a holda" (these) thing?
>>
>>6444216
No, they are all up to buy on bigbad
>>
File: 1393709622788.jpg (222KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
1393709622788.jpg
222KB, 640x606px
>>6444194
JP shit and feather shit sucks.

Give me super articulated triceratops or protoceratops.
Fuck raptors.
Raptors is a wolf-version for dino-fags.
If you like raptors you are no different from a wolf T-shirt wearing beta
I always hate dino-threads on 4chan on any boards because they quickly become raptorfags generals.
>>
>>6444283
The second KS is gonna be for Cerotopsians.
>>
>>6444283
Calm your shit bro. The guy is just getting his start so of course he'd going to go with a species that has pretty universal appeal. He needs something to establish his name and business first so it makes sense to start with raptors.

He did say that, if the KS project went well, he would look to expanding the line to other dinos in the future, even teasing the triceratops as the next line. While not without its hurdles, the KS has done exceedingly well, beyond what he expected, and has stated he will most likely be launching a second campaign for other dinos once this one is wrapped up and is already considering the possibilities and how to improve upon the campaign next time.
>>
>>6443440
Probably show up before Broken Arrows western stuff.
>>
>>6443440
I love that his feathery world is crash g down around him.
>>
>>6444361
What are you even talking about? The guy has been posting regular updates (slowly but that's expected at this stage) and has been active on the comments section and nothing he has posted in either has given clues to things going poorly.

What leads you to believe things are going poorly? Not to mention, why do you seem to want the project to fail?
>>
File: DSCN0535_500 (1).jpg (36KB, 472x354px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0535_500 (1).jpg
36KB, 472x354px
>>6444305
>>6444314
f-fine...ill wait!
>be a triceratopsfag
>90s
>everybody loves raptors and t-rex
>no triceratopses anywhere
>JP has 1 shitty scene with sick triceratops lying on the ground
>JP2 has no triceratops
>you can make amazing scenes with mad triceratops or triceratops being just dangerous chasing humans or cars or fighting T-rex
>no such scenes in modern films

fuck this shit. i hate JP because it ruined my dino-mania for me and flooded marked with neverending raptors and rex-toys

Jurassic World was a PINNACLE of shitty JP-stuff for me. it didnt evenhave a triceratops like old JP line with that amazing rubber-trike.
it had some stupid hybrid with useless gimmick.
and the movie triceratops had a godawful CG.
>>
>>6444443
haha. great. Tricerabottom
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 111x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 111x90px
>>6444483
>Tricerabottom
>>
>>6444283
>S-stop liking what I don't like
>>
File: 1381640698091.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1381640698091.png
19KB, 512x323px
This is the only Kickstarter I've ever backed. I generally don't bother with KS projects but I can't say no to articulated dinosaurs. I can wait a bit longer for them to arrive and his updates seem to show everything is progressing well at least.
>>
File: triceratops04.jpg (242KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
triceratops04.jpg
242KB, 1920x1040px
>>6444443
>JP2 has no triceratops
>>
>>6444283
Dude I like triceratops as much as the next guy but I doubt raptors are the wolves of dinosaurs...besides the feather detail has appeal and I love the colors
>>
>>6443440

He's been constantly posting the paint prototypes and packaging tests on his instagram. Get an instagram account bro.
>>
>>6444443
>you can make amazing scenes with mad triceratops or triceratops being just dangerous chasing humans or cars or fighting T-rex
>no such scenes in modern films
I'll admit being a T-Rexfag even before JP (tail-draggers anyone?) but yeah, it's kinda sad that we only ever get Triceratops stuff from videogames but never in modern films.
>>
>>6444194
So weird how I used to think those raptors were the coolest shit ever as a kid. Now they just look stupid without avian features.
>>
>>6443440
They look like birds
>>
>>6453999
Heh. Nice post.
>>
>>6446281
My interest in dinosaurs has plummeted the more bird like they try to make them.
>>
File: big cock.webm (2MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big cock.webm
2MB, 720x1080px
>>
File: 1491868499329.jpg (337KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491868499329.jpg
337KB, 1200x1200px
>>6454086
I find avian dinosaurs so much threatening, badasses and plausible which helps to give the sense of real threat.
It also makes them a lot more visually interesting and fun to draw.

I feel people should understand it's not "they trying to make them more like birds", it's that all raptors and several terrapods had feathers and portraying them as such is just the way it is, like portraying manes on lions but no on tigers. It's just reality.
>>
>>6454261
theropods*
Sorry.
>>
I wish he would have picked a smaller scale, like 1/12.

1/6 is great for raptors, but it means there is zero chance of us ever getting any bigger dinos.
>>
>>6454261
Until you realize that most of them were the size of a turkey. Several in thjs lineup were cat sized.
>>
File: 1476163272730.png (167KB, 276x389px) Image search: [Google]
1476163272730.png
167KB, 276x389px
>>6454120
that's a huge bucket of chicken
>>
I still want to preorder one of these guys sometime but I can't decide between Acheroraptor temertyorum or Linheraptor exquisitus. Love the colors on the second guy but the fact that the first one has blue-footed booby coloring makes me laugh.

Stupid question, do you pay at checkout for the preorder, or will we get prompted about it in the future before they ship?
>>
>>6455574
You didn't read the thread, the KS page, or check his instagram, did you?

He's going to launch another campaign for a Ceratopsian series which will be 1/18 scale. Sounds like he's going to be using that scale going forward as well for any further campaigns for big dinos like T-rex or Brontosaurus. I just hope he gets to doing a spinosaur (yes, I'm aware of the new evidence of how they likely walked on all fours outside of water and I still think they're awesome), Carnotaurus, Akylosaur, and some of the ocean monsters like Plesiosaur and Mososaur.
>>
>>6455698
Having different scales is even dumber.
>>
Why do people get so upset at the idea that real life animals may not have looked their 90s movie monsters?
>>
>>6455900
I mean, I love Jurassic Park as much as the next 90s kid, but I don't take it as a personal attack that science says the dinosaurs may not have been 100% accurate.
>>
>>6455917
Then you're one of the logical ones. I wish there were more of you.
>>
>>6455788
It's unfortunate, yeah, but it was going to happen with the raptors anyway since many of the raptors in the lineup are drastically different sizes to begin with, thus don't even scale with each other.

I think he kinda planned this a bit from the start because he wanted to A. have as much detail and articulation packed into the raptors as he could, which gets more difficult as the figure gets smaller and B. he knew that despite the scientifically accurate looks, people were still going to want these things primarily for terrorizing their 6 inch people figures. He wanted to keep a lot of fun factor in there as well and to a lot of people, the JP sized raptors are what equate to fun.

I'm a bit bummed he had to go 1:18 instead of 1:12 for the rest of the line because I would have been more than happy to pay the prices for that but not everybody would have and it would have made it harder to raise the funds next campaign. It's a bummer for sure but oh well, we'll still be getting some fantastic dinosaur toys out of it in the end and at least the big dinos will all scale nicely together.
>>
File: Vraptor-scale.png (16KB, 220x155px) Image search: [Google]
Vraptor-scale.png
16KB, 220x155px
>>6455900
>>6455894
SAme reason people don't want scale raptors, because they want the giant ones as seen from JP, feathers or not.

They don't want realism.
>>
>>6455958
>people were still going to want these things primarily for terrorizing their 6 inch people figures.
This is what I never understand. All the featherfags were muh science, but then once these figures roll out I bet people will start posting anime girls riding on the raptors as if these are 1/12th scale figure

Despite how much David Silva touted the scientific accuracy, he's making things up and mix/matching jaw molds and arm molds to create frankenstein raptor glued together with a paintjob.
>>
>>6456346
Yeah, I wish he wouldnt have used scientific accuracy as a selling point. If he just said he was making fun dinosaur toys, everyone would havs been fine with it. Saying they will be scientiically accurate and then deleviring something else just makes him a liar
>>
File: Utahraptor_scale[1].png (139KB, 2506x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Utahraptor_scale[1].png
139KB, 2506x1142px
>>6455991
But those are real things, they're called Utahraptors.
>>
>>6456346
>Implying I'm not going to have my Leo team fighting off a pack of raptors.
>>
>>6456413

Yeah, I just think of the scale on these as being what works for a fun, relatively affordable toy size. Otherwise, even the larger raptors would be tiny, and most other things really huge. That would definitely be putting the entire line into an unnecessary box of restrictions.

If people want scale, they should stick with those old Smithsonian collection dinosaur figurines or something.
>>
>>6455991
I would unironically want a velociraptor as a pet.
>>
>>6456706
Just get a cassowary.
>>
File: Dromaeosaurid_parade_by_durbed.jpg (2MB, 5009x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Dromaeosaurid_parade_by_durbed.jpg
2MB, 5009x1950px
>>6457499
And why did he only pick shitty, tiny Turkey sized raptors? Where's my fucking Utah raptor?
>>
>>6454120
>>6455588
>those tendies
>>
>>6457501
probably because he wanted dinosaurs people knew from their childhood and Jurassic Park.

Also, does JP have a copyright on large raptors? IS this why he pretends they're 1/6 scale, when they're actually meant for 1/12 and 1/18 scale as envisioned by Jurassic Park?
>>
>>6458140
>Also, does JP have a copyright on large raptors?
You can't copyright something that actually exist in nature.

Anyway seems like from the last update these figures gonna ship in September/October
>>
File: ML BAF Lizard.png (1MB, 998x1194px) Image search: [Google]
ML BAF Lizard.png
1MB, 998x1194px
>>6458140
Universal has a copyright on the raptors as they are designed in all the JP franchise, which are a specific stylized form (funny, the new Marvel Legends BAF Lizard coming out has a JP raptor head this time). Change the sculpt of the head to something different and it becomes fair game.
>>
>>6443567
Stuck in the red?
>>
>>6458372
Like the other guy said, the designs are pretty specific for JP and the raptor from JP isn't natural.
Just which of those qualities that are copyrighted and how far they extend is what I wonder, especially with how he protrayed them on the kickstarter (showing how they interact with other scales).
>>
>>6458372
JP does have a copyright on their raptors, but not serpitine raptors in general. There are plenty of JP ripoff films and toys.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.