[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

San Diego Comic Con 2017 Loot thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

File: sdccloot2017.jpg (1MB, 1912x1304px) Image search: [Google]
sdccloot2017.jpg
1MB, 1912x1304px
So what did you guys get?

Missing are more than a few sketch books, cards, and prints, because i entrusted them to someone who is really forgetful even 4 days later.

Very disappointed in the lack of booths with trades. Booths they used to sell trades only carried FUNKO POPS shit now.
Pops are fucking cancer.

I'm surprised that booths like NECA and Mezco didn't have giant lines. Although my Deadpool sold out, in like two days, there were always like one or three people there, instead of giant lines like years before.
>>
did you have fun
>>
>>6442856
how much money did you spend for that pile of stuff
>>
I hardly go anymore despite living in the area, but I managed to get my sister to snag me the exclusive Star Wars Destiny cards.

That's pretty much it. Had I gone, I probably would have checked out the 3A and Acid Rain booth to see what was for sale.
>>
File: loot2007.jpg (372KB, 1256x731px) Image search: [Google]
loot2007.jpg
372KB, 1256x731px
>>6442860
SDCC is always fun. Only got like 4 hours of sleep a day and i wasn't even mad.
Met a lot of cool people, including a cutey happa who seemed to have gotten upset when i said it was okay if she went with another group to one of the outside events.

>>6442867
I exceeded my budget for this year by a few hundred bucks.
So i spent too much, despite not getting half of the things i was planning to get... mostly because i was disappointed seeing them in person.
So i spent a lot more money on art and the free stuff more than made up for everythng else. These Game of Throne figures are one of the best exclusives I've ever gotten (free) at SDCC. This Grifter mask was very awesome too, which was a surprise to get from a DC/Wildstorm panel. Usually they give squat.

>>6442876
Toynami booth had the Abaddon figures in my OP pic, the astronaut and exclusives. Disappointed they didn't have the skull faced gas mask figures.

3a's booth was a huge disappointment. They said they were going to carry a bunch of 3000ad stuff, but the first day they had shit and the day after that they were still going through their inventory. By Saturday they said they sold out of everything.
They said that the offsite store they set up in downtown had more, but like fuck i was going to go dozens of blocks away to find nothing either.
I don't think they even sold out of their String Diver exclusive.

Very disappointing year for exclusives.
>>
>>6442856
Nothing, because I live in a land of beer and cheese.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (81KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
81KB, 598x800px
I didn't go, but I did absolutley have to order one of these bastards the second they showed up on ebay.
>>
>>6443116
what the fuck? skull man is a SDCC exclusive? please its me the glow in the dark gimmick is the only reason why hes SDCC exclusive and that they are going to have a regular version.
>>
>>6443121
I honestly don't know, I would think a regular release would be in order but there hasn't been any real information on the line.They also released a Gid dark Full Armor X, Gid Zero aan a Gid classic mega man for the convention
>>
>>6443116
wat

That looks really cool.

Why the fuck did Loyal Subjects not show off their exclusives this year?
They usually plaster their shit everywhere.
>>
been wanting to go to comic-con but I'm a Texas-fag

besides the plane ticket and hotel stay, how much am I looking for tickets and food?
>>
File: night king funko pop.jpg (209KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
night king funko pop.jpg
209KB, 1200x1600px
>>6444188
If you luck in for full 5 day pass, it'll be about $250.
If you only get a few days, you can either visit the city and local attractions (zoo, seaworld, museums) when you can't get in. Or you can be like the 23490342 people outside of the convention without passes and going to the offsite functions to get free booze, food, and other nifty freebies.
There were over a dozen areas that you could go to to see movie/tv/cartoon stuff, where you play games or/and enjoy free shows. Expanse, Game of Thrones, Blade Runner, the Tick, Adult Swim, and a bunch of stuff had giant tents or sets for you to visit.

As for food, it's standard downtown restaurants, kiosks, carts fair. Don't eat inside the convention. It's $5 hot dogs, $12 nachos, 10 hamburgers, which are all mediocre as fuck.

Mr Robot this year gave out free internet coins which you could redeem at various local food places. So giant slices of pizzas, ice cream, tshirts, mexican food, soda, and who knows what else. So you could have gotten by a whole day and gotten full meals without paying a dime.

pic of what they gave out at the Game of Thrones Experience outside of SDCC.
>>
>>6443087
Wisconsin? At least we are close to C2E2, but that's in chicago.
>>
I didn't do a haul shot this year. I think I'm just starting to loose interest in most things.

Now that I think of it (as far as toys go) I only bought some legos and a nendo playset.
>>
>>6442856
Can you post some pics of that Gary Gianni sketchbook?
>>
File: book plate signed.jpg (559KB, 2068x1305px) Image search: [Google]
book plate signed.jpg
559KB, 2068x1305px
>>6444546
Might as well use this to show off my Micronauts, since /toy/ didn't seem to go to SDCC.
>>
File: hedge knight.jpg (391KB, 1302x728px) Image search: [Google]
hedge knight.jpg
391KB, 1302x728px
>>6449329
>>
File: mystery knight.jpg (356KB, 1302x735px) Image search: [Google]
mystery knight.jpg
356KB, 1302x735px
>>6449331
Can't believe that so few of you guys went to SDCC and bought so little
>>
File: iron throne.jpg (827KB, 2128x1267px) Image search: [Google]
iron throne.jpg
827KB, 2128x1267px
>>
>>6449335
i picked up a 1/12th clear synthetic, but nothing else really caught my eye. doesn't really seem worth taking a picture of one thing
>>
>>6443077
>>6442856
What's that avatar legacy thing w/ Aang on it? Want to sell the covenant pins?
>>
>>6444317
Yes Wisconsin, but who'd want to go to Chicago?
>>
File: xindi vs miranda.png (2MB, 734x1230px) Image search: [Google]
xindi vs miranda.png
2MB, 734x1230px
>>6451939
It's some kids scrap book, with a bunch of little souvenirs (scrolls, wanted posters, in-universe comics, etc) throughout it.
Got it signed by one of the artists who did a lot of the art and also did old Comic Con promo stuff too. Got some sketches done as well.

So it's basically a really nice sketch book.
>>
File: star trek wanted.jpg (345KB, 735x1238px) Image search: [Google]
star trek wanted.jpg
345KB, 735x1238px
>>6454730
I really really love this Borg spaceship.

It's just a bunch of random shit glued onto a battlestar galactica ship, so it has no front or back, top or bottom.

I can understand why Enterprise got a lot of hate, but i really loved the appearances of "they're ruining the timeline!!!" races in the show.
>>
File: borgside.jpg (214KB, 727x1305px) Image search: [Google]
borgside.jpg
214KB, 727x1305px
>>6454747
It's a very cool design and doesn't make any sense like the borg cube
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.