[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAK General/Rant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: FIG-KAI-8316_01.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-8316_01.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
This line is more miss than hit, but there is still some good figures. Or just rant about how much the line sucks.
>>
PAKs are fucking shit, from sculpting to painting to pricing. Designs are also trash unless you want edgelord stuff
>>
File: IMG_0424.jpg (2MB, 3024x3911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0424.jpg
2MB, 3024x3911px
I only have PAK Miku. I actually really like her for... reasons.

The new Nomura Harley actually looks kind of cool too. Very expensive though.
>>
Only PAKs I own are Jensen and SS Venom Snake. Both are pretty neat figures, especially Jensen.

Thinking of picking up the H2 Master Chief.
>>
File: kai.jpg (266KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kai.jpg
266KB, 1000x1000px
>>6438460
Pre-ordered that Harley because I own every other PAK Harley, RIP Wallet. AT least I'll group ship with Figma Tracer. Also here's a good PAK
>>
File: Fenrir FF7.jpg (154KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
Fenrir FF7.jpg
154KB, 900x582px
Never bought a PAK, though, I've liked what I've seen from some (weeped about how the FFXV ones turned out. But, that may all change very soon now that I have beheld this (which might actually be bring arts instead?)

Cloud's Advent Children figure turned out pretty darn well, so a version that has goggles to obscure some of the trickier details for the PAK sculptors and a FULLY realized Fenrir is very tempting. Advent Children was just a fun ride from my childhood, never imagined this would happen for some strange reason.
>>
File: cloud_strife_fenrir.jpg (261KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
cloud_strife_fenrir.jpg
261KB, 800x782px
>>6438842
What makes you think that would be Bring Arts? It clearly says PAK on the little label descriptor thing there. If you want it in a smaller scale, though, there's always the original Play Arts version of the same thing. They've got regular FFVII Cloud with the Hardy Daytona motorcycle too, if you prefer the look of Cloud's original design and an actual real looking motorcycle
>>
I have a few from the original play arts range, and one PAK.

The original play arts figures are pretty cool, got Aerith, Tifa and Sephiroth and they all look good.

I also have Ibuki PAK and she's not so great, way too big, hard to pose and has none of the character's personality from the games.

I have high hopes for Bring Arts tho, would love some 1/12 scale final fantasy figures and it would be great if we get some Nomura versions of superheroes in that scale too.
>>
>>6438144
i would totally buy them if they were Bring Arts and cheaper
>>
PAK stands are shit for the price of the figures
>>
>>6438099
It's become almost an inside joke that showcases the worst Nomura could come up with.
>>
The ones from the metal gear line are "pretty good"
>>
>>6438861
I'll admit I never payed attention to that part of the picture, but after posting I did remember reading it was PAK elsewhere and was too lazy to "edit" the post.

I've done my research on the other Cloud figures with a bike. I'd probably get the Daytona, but I want a fully functional Fenrir. It's not that I want it smaller, just mental laziness with my post there.
>>
>>6438783
I love those designs, I wish that there was a Bootleg Tetsuya Batman because it's really expensive and don't sant to pay that much for it. I'm buying the FF VII ones though.
>>
>>6438099
I have MGR Raiden and he's really good I think, especially since PAK prices were more reasonable then, now he'd probably be like $100+

I also have Jensen but his foot broke off and I don't know how to fix it
>>
>>6439084
>PAK stands are shit for the price of the figures
Yes, I finally got around to opening a couple of my boxed PAK's I had in storage, and HOLY SHIT THESE STANDS SUCK MAJOR DICK.

You can't even use them for characters with the stupid plastic non-articulated capes. I thought it might just be something the older figures came with and maybe they included better stands with the newer releases. Nope, Joker Batman came with the exact same retarded stand. They should have some sort of stand that plugs into the back where the cape attaches, or maybe a short one with a really wide base that can attach to the lower leg of the figure.

I also cannot see how people pay the current prices for the new PAKs, the price increase is crazy unwarranted. The quality has not improved to the point they should be charging $200 for a $80 figure.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (17KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
17KB, 480x272px
Is there any chance they made PAK type-0? I really want to rem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.