[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Pre-WF Reveal Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 83

File: AY Magneto.jpg (105KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
AY Magneto.jpg
105KB, 960x720px
At least one more AY will be shown. Who could it be?

...This makes me want him to sculpt a new Raoh.

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Woody(Toy Story)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Venom (reissue)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya

>SEPTEMBER
Wolverine
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fuujin
Game Classics Vol.1 Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Game Classics Vol.1 EX Golden Armor Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

>OCTOBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01
Evangelion Evolution EVA-03
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Raijin

>NOVEMBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.06
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.09

>TBA
Magneto
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Dino Getter 1
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Samurai (rumor)
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

>MIA?
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
http://kt-jizai.com/

Previous >>6409778
>>
huh, well that's cool. Not a magneto fan though, was hoping for more spideyshit
>>
>>6435532

>>everyone always used to make fun of Kaiyodo's "only looks good from one angle" sculps and mono-shaft joints
>>suddenly they throw in a few "modern" joints and everyone loves them

why
>>
>>6435547
They didn't actually owned them before?
And there's still plenty of hate.
>>
File: 2017-07-12 18.49.08.jpg (320KB, 1123x747px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-12 18.49.08.jpg
320KB, 1123x747px
>>6435532
The funny thing is that he's one of the first characters in the line that doesn't have a glut of marvel legends alternatives out already. Gwen had one figure that was passable, but there are straight up no decent 6" magneto toys. Also I see pegholes in his hands, bring on the effect parts.

>>6435547
For the most part, shitty joints were the biggest thing holding them back. Spider-gwen is easily one of the best 1/12 figures I own.
>>
Fuck the Knicks!
>>
>>6435547
Wtf? I love Revoltechs now!
>>
>>6435568

Sentinel and Storm when?
>>
>>6435558
Yeah I saw the holes too. I wonder if we could have chunks of metal inside the effect parts, like it's being shot out, or just floating mid air.
>shitty joints
If you mean ratcheted joints, the working ones, I never understood why that turned away so many people. Many American action figures have some type of ratchets, dull ones, but still functions in increments. Even ML.

And unlike other common joints in Japanese figures, back then anyways, the spherical joints were so much better allowing to rotate at both ends.
>>
Y'know it's great that it's a villain and like >>6435558 said, it's one of the only options available for him PERIOD so they kind of have the market cornered on that front, means there'll probably be a bunch of new people buying AY figures, and I do want to see the line succeed. On the other hand I'm not a big Magneto fan so it will take some convincing via rad poses for me to get him.
>>
>>6435575
>means there'll probably be a bunch of new people buying AY figures
Oh boy, double 6mm shoulders, bunch of revo joints for the cape, thigh is probably a cut swivel. Can't wait to hear the cries.
>>
>>6435573
>Revoltech Sentinel
My penis can only get so erect
>>
>>6435532
I was happy for 2 seconds then remembered he has a cape and how weird Vader's looked
>>
>>6435547
>>>everyone always used to make fun of Kaiyodo's "only looks good from one angle" sculps and mono-shaft joints
I still think these are big problems.

They have done better on some recent releases, but these issues for sure still exist.
>>
>>6435579
At least they started with Deadpool so the largest bulk of normie fans are out of the way
>>
>>6435573
>sentinel
>after medium-sized venom had trouble supporting himself
>thinking face emoji

>Storm
I'm gonna wait to see how magneto's cape turns out first.

>>6435574
>I wonder if we could have chunks of metal inside the effect parts, like it's being shot out, or just floating mid air.
My first thought was something like pic related, but like, super anime styled. Maybe pink or something.

About the whole joint thing, I was ok with revoljointed hips like raiden, but I'm way more onboard with the switch to balljoints. Deadpool and gwen are just about perfect in that regard.
>>
>>6435585
Oh... oh... crap.

Well, maybe I can make a wired cape for him...
>>
>>6435599
>>Storm
>I'm gonna wait to see how magneto's cape turns out first.

if it's 80s punk storm you might dodge a bullet.
>>
>>6435599
Venom's body is loaded at the top, though. Sentinels are usually big all around, with solid legs to stand on.
>>
>>6435617
>Sentinels are usually big all around

Especially in the bedroom, *wink wink*
>>
>>6435617
Maybe I'm misreading you, how big are you thinking here? In-universe big? Really tall guy big?
>>
>>6435532
The cape is going to look so incredibly bad.
>>
>>6435532
I want them to start showing off non-Marvel stuff. Give us some DC, some indie, some Eurocomic stuff.

For example: Yamaguchi classic Superman, Hellboy and The Metabaron.
>>
>>6435585
Vader was a different deal as it was sculpted by another guy, then jointed by Yamaguchi. And tried to have both ways being still and dynamic. This is all dynamic 100% Yamaguchi, so could be good.
>>
>>6435599
Yeah even with simple ball jointed hips Yamaguchi does it so much better. Like the angles they are positioned or how the receiving end is shaped. It makes me almost sad seeing other toys not able to mimic some of that little added thinking.
>>
File: Rmgf2n7.gif (1019KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Rmgf2n7.gif
1019KB, 500x382px
>>6435656
I feel like I'm seeing pic related play out already. The cape is going to be a letdown, we're just waiting to see how bad it will get before it's labelled as either ugly or a downright disaster.
>>
>>6435651
>some indie, some Eurocomic stuff
It was talked here when the line was announced, I laughed then, even more so now. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Unless their movies does MCU good at the box offices.

At best DC and then some Japanese stuff.
>>
>>6435673
Renewal Getter 1 was pretty good though.

In motion I assume no one has objections? As always it will be "Ah he looks like crap standing still" drama with the cape.
>>
>>6435656
Capes do not look good with revos, ever. Revo articulated clothing doesn't work well and never really has.
>>
File: KAIOH.jpg (37KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
KAIOH.jpg
37KB, 600x470px
>>6435727
I think Fist of the North Star series did capes pretty well overall. Granted it was a simple is better approach.
>>
>>6435532
Holy fuck that cape is going to be fucking hard to pose, isn't it?
>>
>>6435742
Like most things with revos, it might look oaky from certain angles, but looks pretty wrong most of the time.
>>
>>6435746
Difficult to distribute weight for sure, if you have a thing against stands like me. But he should be flying most of the time and the stand hole seems to be at the base of the cape, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
>>6435532
I wonder if the shoulder pieces are separate or attached to the arms. It looks attached to me.
>>
>>6435754
>It looks attached to me.
You can see one of those mini-revo joints on the far end of the shoulder pad facing the camera, it's red so it sticks out.
>>
>>6435532
Is there a way to straight up pull the cape and replace it with non crazy cape from Select Magneto??

I'm fine with crazy segmented plastic cape, but in some poses they don't look as good.
>>
>>6435770
I have no idea what you're talking about. Only relevant joints I see are the red double 6mm for the shoulders and a bunch of purple singles for the cape.
>>
>>6435778
My eyes were apparently playing tricks on me, on further inspection.
Sorry anon, my bad.
>>
>>6435775
We don't know yet
Part of the cape could be molded onto the shoulders just like Vader so you would have to do some cutting to remove it if you want to replace it
>>
>>6435775
Shoulder cape pieces might be attached permanently to the arms, and so could the back piece of the cape where all the joints goes into. So with everything that can come off detached you still might have like a mini cape thing left behind.
>>
Think of it this way. We are one step closer to the possibility of AY Batman and Superman if they're not staying away from capes.
>>
> Spiderman -> Venom

> Wolverine -> Magneeto

So I guess if they give us a new hero character, we can expect his nemesis later on.
>>
File: Mvc2-sabretooth[1].jpg (114KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-sabretooth[1].jpg
114KB, 540x780px
>>6435892

>Nemesis

Wolverine is ABC gum on Erik's shoe. Now Sabertooth, that's a REAL nemesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ
>>
Why not just include a super poseable cape and a static cape for when he's just floating almost completely still?
>>
>>6435532
Why the holes in palms?
>>
>>6435911

Obviously for effect parts. Same reason Spidey's fists had holes in them.
>>
>>6435911

Energy spheres, energy blasts, the possibilities are endless.
>>
>>6435914
i thought he just controlled magnets
>>
>>6435904
Problem is he wont sell.

>>6435892
Not really a nemesis each time, but I think they want to have a good balance of heroes and villains, while keeping a degree of connections between characters.

>>6435910
Why not bump the price up for no real good reason?

Also, I thought his cape was spread when floating, static when on ground.
>>
>>6435923
>Problem is he wont sell.

Let's agree to disagree.

>>6435920

>i thought he just controlled magnets

hue
>>
>>6435920
He controls metals through manipulating magnetic fields.

Which always made me wonder, aren't there plenty of metals that are not affected by magnets? It always seemed like he can move any kind of metal. Just one of those thing we agreed to ignore?
>>
>>6435923
I'll pay 800 more yen for whiny faggots not to slam complain in every thread because they hate the joints in the only cape they got with a figure.
>>
>>6435936

>Which always made me wonder, aren't there plenty of metals that are not affected by magnets? It always seemed like he can move any kind of metal. Just one of those thing we agreed to ignore?

No he's been stymied by non-ferrous metals/amterials before, but when you're literally standing on the world's biggest magnet how much of a fuck do you give? This is a man who can control the iron in your blood and manipulate it to render you unconscious.

Hell, they made a giant Sentinel made of non-metallic materials and what does he do? Cleaves its fucking head off with a jet airliner.
>>
>>6435943
Well that sounds way better than somehow reprogramming a bunch of Sentinels with strands of metals. I get it if he moves them like a puppet with that, but they were completely operating on their own lol.
>>
>>6435943
At one point didn't he even use his power to slightly tweak the moons tilt or something?
>>
>>6435580
>>6435573
Which style of sentinel though?
>>
File: mvc2-team-close.jpg (644KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mvc2-team-close.jpg
644KB, 1000x1000px
>>6435988
u knoe
>>
>>6435938
If people making complaints about a weak point in a design is enough to make you this upset you should take a step back and think about your priorities.
>>
>>6435532
GRAVITY SQUEEZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvyPD02UJU
>>
finally opened my spider gwen today and what the fuck is with her hips? idk if they're supposed to rotate or not but mine are stiff as fuck.
>>
File: DeadpoolLoev.jpg (426KB, 1390x1084px) Image search: [Google]
DeadpoolLoev.jpg
426KB, 1390x1084px
>MFW Magneto is after Wolverine
>>
>>6436049
Needs warm to hot water. Afterward, hold it at the base and gently jostle it back and forth. The water should works its way into freeing them.

I had the same problem too on top of frozen Revo joints. I had the same hypothesis, but I felt it would be too odd a design choice even for Yamaguchi if it was true. I still am unsure if this is the result of being shipped in summer heat or what, but it was a weird first for me.
>>
>>6435964
You might be thinking of Ultimatum, where Ultimate Magneto used his powers, apparently amplified by Thor's hammer for some reason though it's never actually referenced in the story, to "invert the Earth's magnetic poles" which caused a tidal wave to hit New York. I assume it fucked shit up everywhere else but it didn't bother to mention anything but New York.

God Ultimatum was ass.
>>
File: X-Men_Gold_Vol_2_6_Textless.jpg (17KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Gold_Vol_2_6_Textless.jpg
17KB, 250x379px
>>6435633
I am saying that Sentinels are huge, but they are typically more proportionally so than monstrous Venom. Venom is bulky more on the upper half of his body. Sentinels have as large a lower body as they do an upper body, with big, flat feet to stand on. Also, while they may not make any Sentinel design Marvel gives them to scale, I think they will make it big enough where it has enough space to filled with sturdy revo joints in it engineering.

With that in mind, nobody should really worry about balancing issues with a revo Sentinel. They'll stand just fine.
>>
>>6436086
>mfw Blob straight up ate Wasp
Weirdest boner ever.
>>
File: 6p_sen_nimrod[1].png (715KB, 770x382px) Image search: [Google]
6p_sen_nimrod[1].png
715KB, 770x382px
>>6436111

>Nimrod Sentinel

Never has pink and white been more dangerous...and sexy
>>
>>6435936
He can even control blood iron, pretty stupid since magnetism dont work like that
>>
File: kyd00329_0_1500534019.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
kyd00329_0_1500534019.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
There's a new Kaiyodo sofubi of Getter Robo coming out in November. Hopefully we get the whole team, but I'm not betting on it
>>
>>6436111
Actual giant Sentinel wont happen. They will not do big items like Kokuoh anymore. Plus body proportions, balancing, whatever, is not the issue with revolver joints, the total mass is. The 3mm pegs against the peg holes just doesn't have enough friction to hold the weight of massive pieces. Spread the arms and that torso 3mm peg will not be enough.

A bigger item will need many dedicated joint systems and Sentinel is not popular enough for the cost, even if fans were buying multiples.

Smaller guys, maybe. I think there is a place for enemy cannon fodders, not sure who is the best choice for that.
>>
>>6436528
Those are overpriced re-use of their old soft vinyl model kits though. If they did the others in the past maybe but I doubt it.

Fucking reissue Renewal Getter !! Make 2 and 3 to go with it! Have a Getter Brand too.
>>
>>6436540
>Actual giant Sentinel wont happen.
I know, that's what I meant when I said they wouldn't be made to scale. I think a hypothetical Sentinel would be as big as a hypothetical Hulk, who is a character I think both will be bigger than previous AYs and will mark Yamaguchi & co.'s height ceiling for the line.

I can see your concerns with the pegs. However, my ultimate point was that I don't see a Sentinel having the most common issue people have found with Venom, which is falling over. As it stands a Sentinel may "droopy", but it would have to be standing on one leg in a weird position to get it to actually topple over.
>>
>>6436549
Honestly Getter is somewhat of a dead property at this point, so I'm just taking what I can get. The new SoC looks awesome at least
>>
>>6436583
Venom's issues are less with the feet toppling over than it is with the torso just floppingaround because it's so topheavy

Unless they do something else for future large figures they're likely going to have all the same problems
>>
>>6436588
The D.C. one? (confusing name) Yeah I canceled but re-ordered it las minute.

Kaiyodo did the best Getter line that ever exists, so a shame it wont live on.

Also, huge, HUGE regrets that they never did Jeeg. It's ment to be an awesome Revoltech with all those extra parts, plus Yamaguchi made a tiny one in the past. Bandai really fucked it up with SRC,
>>
>>6435532
why not just make a better red villain?
>>
>>6436664

congratulations on making the worst post with the worst opinion
>>
>>6435532
ARMPIT TESTICLES
>>
>>6436668
You have shit taste.
>>
File: SentinelBAF02.jpg (170KB, 521x768px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelBAF02.jpg
170KB, 521x768px
>>6436604
>because it's so topheavy
Exactly. The typical Sentinel wouldn't have as much a problem because they aren't shaped like upside-down pears. It will have much less of a problem supporting itself with legs like these.
>>
>>6436664
i dont think he's a better villain, i dont even think he's a good one at all. But he would make for a way better toy, that's for sure.
>>
>>6436664
Well... He would be better for this line. Crazy and creepy poses would be fun to do with this guy. The bizarre, unorthodox position revoltech joints can sometimes put their figures into would actually be somewhat beneficial.
>>
>>6436691

Nah this is partially that no one is communicating it 100% clearly cause I think the word "topheavy" is kind of throwing things off but you're not understanding what he's actually saying.

The venom figure doesn't really have problems with balance, it has problems with the upper torso being too heavy for the joint that supports it. It just swivels around under its own weight.

So it's independent of the proportions of the upper body to the lower body and the issue is about the sheer weight of just the upper body itself.

So in order to do more large characters and not have the same problem, they would need to make a different torso joint rather than use the regular revo joint that Venom uses, unless their upper torsos just weigh less than Venom's.
>>
>>6436700
I see what you're saying. Although, the way the original post >>6435599 framed it, it sounds like he thinks a Sentinel would just fall over. I suppose you could try to interpret the sentence in another way. However, I read it in context of what I see people commonly complain about Venom, which is not being able to stand without a stand propping him up. In that regard, I don't the comparison between the two.

How well a Sentinel would work in regards to your issue on swiveling on the peg of a joint would depend on how Yamaguchi translates it and how much plastic they pump into it. If it really does prove to be a consistant problem, they could alway make a new size of Revoltech or do "custom" engineering that don't use revolver joints that some of the recent releases have.
>>
>>6436729
>or do "custom" engineering that don't use revolver joints that some of the recent releases have.
That will certainly be the case for a future big size AY.

There were a few in the past that had built in ratchets, I can see that happening for both directions or a torso articulation.
>>
>>6435651
>Give us some DC
pls no
>>
>>6435651
Fucking off yourself dude.
>>
>>6435651
>Give us some DC

>Batman
>Joker
>Harley Quinn
>Superman
>line is dead
>>
>>6435651
I would rather they release more of "Obviously Marvel Vs" line before they start going to different things.
I want a Revoltech Psylocke and Cyclops. This line may be our only chance to get a good Blackheart or Shuma Gorath figure.
>>
>>6436860
>Blackheart or Shuma Gorath
No they will only do big names. That's ML territory.

Psylocke is the grey zone.
>>
File: mini vs.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mini vs.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>>6435532
If those cape pieces are attached to the shoulders, that is an interesting approach to do capes for action figures. We've seen something like this with Mini Venom Snake.

Usually there are two types, one is a flat looking cape draping off the back, shoulders all free to move around. This can look boring even though articulation of the arms are not hindered. The other one is having the cape piece drape over the shoulders, either a solid piece or have its own articulation points on the body. It looks better as a cape but likely block the arms from going straight up.

Being attached to the arms, we get the look and no interference for the arms. The cape moves with the arms like a real one would. Would be perfect if they also move on their own, ball jointed like the shoulder armors of the last Hunter Yamaguchi made.

How all the back cape pieces behave will be the big deciding factor.

According to the "Man in the Shadows" they seem confident on how the cape turned out.
>>
>>6436860
>This line may be our only chance to get a good Blackheart or Shuma Gorath figure
If you think there's any chance of them in this line you're delusional

Characters most people only know from their appearance in MvC aren't going to be getting figures from anyone but Hasbro
>>
>>6435532
I'm sure Yamaguchi will come up with a nice poseable cape design, but it won't be cloth and I really want cloth at least as an option.
>>
>>6436664
I'm not sure how to feel about this carnage. Is the black supposed to be the only pary that's symbiote, and the rest is just a human body with no skin?

just a little scared
>>
File: 41VWFTVRTKL.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41VWFTVRTKL.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>6436860
The Marvel Legends Blackheart was perfectly passable. It is one of my favorite ML because how unique he is. Like you, I'm no comic reader but MvC secondary and the ML Blackheart is pretty faithful to the MvC look.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_114833.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_114833.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6435532
Lol RIP my custom 'Neto. Now what am I supposed to do with this guy
>>
>>6437404

Make him into Joseph?
>>
>>6437404
Finish it and sell it you fucking pussy
>>
File: 2017-07-23 11.14.32.jpg (444KB, 747x982px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-23 11.14.32.jpg
444KB, 747x982px
>>6437404
Good question.
>>
Anyone know if this site is legit? These prices seem too good to be true.

https://otaku-bowl.myshopify.com/products/spiderman-action-figure
>>
>>6436846
You first, you tasteless pleb.
>>
>>6437441
I'm pretty sure if you pay with Paypal and it turns out to be a bootleg or something you can just get your money back.
>>
File: OTGeyI9.png (396KB, 934x834px) Image search: [Google]
OTGeyI9.png
396KB, 934x834px
>>6435532
Does everyone thinks the other "new member" that will be shown is Cyclops?
Gambit? Colossus? ...Cable?
>>
File: Mvc2-cable.jpg (87KB, 450x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-cable.jpg
87KB, 450x900px
>>6437451
pls cable
>>
File: 1390102032964.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1390102032964.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>6437451
>People actually like any incarnation of headcondom Scott
>>
>>6437451
Hope they take a left turn and announce something from another franchise.
>>
>>6437465
It does specifically say "member" in katakana so I take that as meaning team member, and so far that sounds like X-Men.
Otherwise I think the phrasing would be hero or villain.
>>
>>6437469
Hoping for Professor X in his yellow hoverchair, with legs that have loose revojoints with no ratchets in them.
>>
>>6437451
I think Cyclops will be the next one. Biggest X-Men hero character next to Wolverine himself.

>>6437460
They probably will choose a swimsuit design considering the costume they chose for Wolverine. I just hope they make a maskless head for Cyclops with the visor still on. Also, to have this head actually be part of the production plans from the start, instead of a last-minute inclusion sculpted by another sculptor like Gwen's face was.
>>
>>6437441
I saw an ad for that on Facebook a week ago so I looked into it and only saw complaints.
>>
File: IMG_8082.jpg (46KB, 633x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8082.jpg
46KB, 633x502px
>Using this cape style

Uh oh
>>
File: cyclops1.jpg (61KB, 786x640px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops1.jpg
61KB, 786x640px
>>6437605
Like this, right?

Don't worry it will be planned and sculpted by Yamaguchi in this case.

And I think the biggest problem with Gwen, besides clearly being last minute, it had to fit into a specific space and not be a separate head.
>>
>>6437635
It looks different enough.
>>
>>6437455
I don't understand people like you. SDCC cable was as good as it gets Marvel Legends wise. Is Revo gonna be better? Sure, but there is no actual need for such.

ML Magneto has always been abomination, we never had such good Magneto until this one. Deadpool and Spiderman are understandable, but rather than directly compete with Marvel Legends I'd like this line to pick up the slack and give us some classic characters that is ignored by Hasbro, or Hasbro's offering aren't that great. For example:
- Leotard classic Psylocke
- Silver suit classic Storm
both of these are stable in XMen vs SF and MvC.
>>
>>6437747
This looks damn good for a Legends figure and it's uncannily accurate to Liefeld's art - right down to the feet being cropped out of shot.
>>
>constant complaining over revo capes
We've been over this time and time again, Revo has a way of doing things, and you either love it or you hate it. Why is there discussion or surprise when you see a jointed cape?
>>
>>6437706
>have an almost perfect figure
>fuck it up to save literally pennies like 5g of plastic
Sasuga revoltech
>>
>>6437747
It's a completely different cable design. It shouldn't be hard to see why some people might want that.
>>
>>6437747
I don't understand people like you. Its almost as if people have different preferences and would prefer a revo over the marvel legends.
>>
>>6437757
I think it's more surprise that they even bothered to attempt a caped character
>>
File: 11807404955_1db3dae08d_b.jpg (297KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
11807404955_1db3dae08d_b.jpg
297KB, 1024x768px
>>6437763
>>6437769
I'm all for Revo, I'm just saying that the Legends substitute are decent compared to the 2 Psylockes that we had both of which are abominations
>>
>>6437757
Just because they have ways of doing things doesn't mean that people aren't concerned. Even moreso than Deadpool or Spidey, there will be more crossover from typical hardcore Marvel Legends collector because there is no decent Magneto ever.

Jointed cape can be good or bad depending on the sculpt. Here we're trying to microanalyze it based on the one picture that we had. This >>6437635 is an example of terrible cape while pic related is an example of excellent one
>>
>>6437579
that would be the most fucking amazingest thing ever
>>
>>6437747
Not him, but I prefer a Revo Cable, which ever design he may be, because REVOLTECHS CAN HOLD GUNS PROPERLY. Which is surprisingly a difficult concept for many action figures.

Sure he is usually holding a giant rifle with one hand but I like my figures looking like they know what they are doing, holding a rifle right with both hands.
>>
>>6437761
I thi k it was less a cost cutting measure and more a rush job. I don't think the ML was out for long before the revoltech was officially announced for release, no? I can imagine the founder of the AY line begged to put in as a response to the ML. I don't think that problem will be happening again after that.

So, I hope that if they ever do GwenPool they'll make a fully individual, unmasked Gwen head.
>>
>>6437757
Wow, it's like different people that don't lurk the thread 24/7 like to discuss their different opinions and how they feel about a toy
Fuck off
I rather have this than any of the same shitposting you see in generals like NECA, Kaiju, or Transformers just to name a few or subjectanon whining about #notmyvenom or Yamaguchi again
>>
File: TOY-RBT-1473_05.jpg (47KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-1473_05.jpg
47KB, 600x603px
>>6437782
This was well executed too making the pieces modular so you can get different effects. Same idea as Venom's tendrils.

Both of which done by Yamaguchi, while Vader, hard to say who's at fault.
>>
>>6437635
At least the pieces to Magneto's cape look like they dynamic and are designed to layer ontop of one another. Of course we need more pictures ofnthe whole thing, but right now the cape at least looks nice enough to have flairing up in a floating pose.
>>
>>6437782
Vash's is good because the coat is already segmented like that. Given, he added an extra segment but it was already 4 flaps. You expect a cape to be one single piece so it would never work
>>
>>6437789
>founder of the AY line begged to put in as a response to the ML.
I'm not sure how long it takes for a Revoltech to go from the planning stages to announcement, but I imagine a pretty long time. Everything for next year is probably all set to course already.

I forget when ML Spider-Gwen came to be known to the public, but it's probably all a coincidence. ML is spitting out all the characters relative to AY so the little they make will likely be done by ML already.
>>
>>6435532
I never liked the 'shoulder over the cape' look for magneto. It never made any sense, it is as if he's wearing shoulder pads but he's actually not and just have a really gigantic muscular shoulder bone.

It is also a giant paint to translate into action figure, this is why the MS Magneto and ML Magneto are incredibly lacking
>>
I really hope if they do Cyclops it's the Jim Lee design. It's just by far the best costume he's ever had. I don't think it's necessarily unlikely because it seems like Yamaguchi's just doing kind of whatever in terms of designs.

Deadpool was his current comic look
Spider-Man was pretty classic standard look
Venom was kind of a made up design that isn't accurate to anything specific
Spider-Gwen has only ever had one design
Wolverine is another kind of made up design that's a combination of a couple things
Magneto is his classic design

Seems to me like Yamaguchi has just been given creative freedom to do whatever designs he feels like because there's no consistent thread between those design choices
>>
>super articulated x-men figure
>no one mentions nightcrawler
>>
File: character_header_venom.jpg (67KB, 655x220px) Image search: [Google]
character_header_venom.jpg
67KB, 655x220px
>>6437838
venom is a modernized version of m.vs.c
>>
>>6436852
>line is dead
???
batman would be their bestselling figure
>>
>>6437858
hah hah no, he would sell but the rest wouldnt, dc is somewhat irrelevant, with their mediocre comics and trash movies (exept the dark knight)
>>
Honestly, I'd like Doc Ock more than anything. Any style, just want his arms done with revo joints.
>>
>>6437859
>mediocre comics
What? DC is consistently better. It's the rest of their media that's trash
>>
>>6437863
Animated stuff is still okay.
>>
>>6437863
still characters like superman, the flash aquaman etc arent as popular as say the avengers, gotg, xmen, most spiderman characters etc.
>>
>>6437859
DC comics has been better than Marvel comics, also selling better than Marvel comics. IDK what are you smoking on. DC has better comics & video games (Injustice, Batman Arkham). Marvel has better toys for sure, better MCU, but their comics are dumpster fire and their vidya are either mobile shit or MvCI which is also dumpster fire
>>
>>6437870
Nobody likes GOTG except normie movie watchers, and they don't consume other media or buy toys. GOTG waves are pegwarming and choking ML distributions everytime they come out.
>>
>>6437859
you reeeeaaally underestimate how popular superman, harley, and joker are. Just as popular as any marvel character except maybe spiderman. Any other DC character is a literal who.
This is a stupid argument because:
spidergwen and magneto are literal whos compared to deadpool and spiderman anyway so obviously they aren't doing characters starting with popularity first
and they are never doing joker or superman anyway unless the line keeps selling well
>>
>>6437838
>Seems to me like Yamaguchi has just been given creative freedom to do whatever designs

I don't think so. Also Wolvdrine is a specific costume from the comics, no alterations besides stylization, expression level. Same thing if different artists drew the same character.

I think they are picking costumes from a certain period in the comics. Some characters, like Spider-Man and Venom had the same-ish design for forever, so their "classic" look is also their "modern" look as well.

I think the same is with Magneto. He had that red and purple costume, with some slight variations, for a long time too until very recently as well, correct? Captain America might be like that too, I see him in classic costumes while other characters have much more recent versions in the same issues.

But whatever period they are looking at, Cyclops is not in his Jim Lee outfit so I think chances are low for any of those X-Men getup.
>>
>>6437870
Superman is definitely more popular than GotG, the X-Men, and most of the Avengers. Avengers is only very recently relevant, before the movies the Avengers was a team of C-Listers. Meanwhile Superman is timeless and always relevant even if some people do consider him a useless overpowered boring boy scout. They still know who he is and will continue to do so long after this current film cycle is over.
>>
>>6437882
No, the red and purple costume is from a specific era whether you like it or not and NOONE likes or wants that fucking TERRIBLE Cyclops costume
>>
>>6437870
>gotg
>more popular than Superman
You're joking right? Even after the movies they're still like just barely second string characters in comics. Given, marvel's pushing the dumbest shit right now but GotG have never been that big.
>>
>>6437747
I don't collect Marvel Legends. I have bought several of them and they always suck for one reason or another. All three of the AYs I have are some of the best toys I own.

Maybe that ML Cable will be rad, it certainly looks good, but it's not for me.
>>
>>6437898
Superman is largely dismissed since he doesn't really have a place in comics for most people anymore. I think he's great but the majority of people aren't into Supes sadly. Even though he is well known he won't sell more figures necessarily
>>
File: sad.png (570KB, 588x522px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
570KB, 588x522px
>>6437859
>dc is somewhat irrelevant, with their mediocre comics and trash movies (exept the dark knight)
>>
File: boing.gif (221KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
boing.gif
221KB, 500x612px
>>6437778
good point.
>>
>>6437899
Ehh, sure? The point I'm making is the costumes so far are not taken out from different eras, as certain costumes do overlap. Not everyone changes all at once, so some could still be sweating in his oldies while others enjoys their brand new suits.

I'm not cheering for this Cyclops, just saying from what we see, mostly by Wolverine, 90's is likely not the period of choice.
>>
>>6437910
Hes right though
>>
File: jim's bat.jpg (128KB, 569x674px) Image search: [Google]
jim's bat.jpg
128KB, 569x674px
>>6437858
Batman will sell very well and most of the related characters like Joker, damn I want a AY Jim Lee's Batman, but characters like Superman and Wonder Woman aren't in the same level of popularity (as figures), the rest of characters is the same story, maybe the JL movie make all of them more populars but I feel like the line just gonna be Marvel because the Marvel characters are more striking, X-men and Spider-Man characters are very loved in Japan and around the world, that's the reason I feel like the line just gonna be about Marvel, but who knows, maybe in WF they show something unexpected.
>>
>>6437936
They've already said the AY line isn't supposed to be just marvel. They're looking into other western properties and eventually might even open it up to Japanese properties.

Which means DC Revoltechs are probably likely. Hopefully Magneto's cape ends up being good, because if it does it'll have me hyped for a Revo Bats and Supes.
>>
>>6437946
>They've already said the AY line isn't supposed to be just marvel.

Yeah, but it was when the line will called "Amecomi" the "Amazing" sound more like just marvel for me. But again, who knows.

If they announced a Batman I buy it in a blink.
>>
>>6437958
I mean, they never differentiated AY and Amecomi as different lines, it was just a name change, most likely so they wouldn't infringe upon DC Collectibles' Ame-Comi line.
>>
>>6437946
>Hopefully Magneto's cape ends up being good, because if it does it'll have me hyped for a Revo Bats and Supes
maybe magneto is just practice to try to nail the cape before the attempt batman, a figure with an obviously higher demand
wouldn't even care about the quality of the cape as long as it is removable so I can put a custom on
>>
File: 9b960b2f908e0be0aa49f37168db7cca.jpg (193KB, 1136x992px) Image search: [Google]
9b960b2f908e0be0aa49f37168db7cca.jpg
193KB, 1136x992px
Considering how much of a WWII nut the CEO of Kaiyodo is, I'm surprised he isn't forcing a Red Skull Revoltech.

Then again he has zero interests in action figures. Or comics. He probably doesn't even know about the character.
>>
Is anyone else slightly bothered by the way the colors are done on Wolverine's boots?

Every variation of the kind of Wolverine costume the figure is based on has blue boots with the like Y-shaped accent being black, but on the Revoltech it's reversed, with dark gray boots and a blue Y-shape.

It's not a big deal but it basically seems like a mistake and it's weird that it's just staying that way as far as I can tell
>>
>>6437910
DC sucks and batfags are fags.
>>
File: RedSkull.jpg (354KB, 567x790px) Image search: [Google]
RedSkull.jpg
354KB, 567x790px
>>6437983

I would fucking LOVE a Red Skull, but only if we got a Cap to go with it.
>>
>>6438057
The posability of a revoltech is unnecessary for Red Skull
>>
>>6438110

Thats bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>6437747
I would love to get this but legends distribution is shit in my country and it is impossible to beat scalpers for what little stock we get. I've seen the same figures on shelves for years. Netflix wave is out and the the two biggest walmarts and 3 Toys R us's still have shelves full of Iceman and Copperhead with the occasional Nuke.
>>
>>6438117
No, he just straight up doesn't need to bend over backwards and shit that Revos can do. I'd like a great figure of him sure but he isn't exactly Spider-Man when it comes to posing
>>
>>6438110
Same could be said for Magneto but its happening anyway
>>
File: IMG_4868.jpg (301KB, 736x2774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4868.jpg
301KB, 736x2774px
>>6438161
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>6438150
>No, he just straight up doesn't need to bend over backwards and shit that Revos can do

By that logic neither does Wolverine or Deadpool or Venom, all of whom are as athletic, or less so, than fucking Red Skull, because the guy has the same super soldier shit Captain America does.
>>
What's with these new autismo fans thinking that they -NEED- a revo of their third world villain or hero?

Yea we really need another fucking faggot tier reddit batman. Or why not give Red Skull 30 points of articulation for all that action standing around he does?
Y'know what we really need is a revoltech Cosmic Cube. Action packed with zero points of articulation.
>>
>>6438169
magneto is boring
>>
>>6438192
>third world villain or hero
literally what
>>
File: IMG_4869.jpg (452KB, 913x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4869.jpg
452KB, 913x1280px
>>6438184
Dude Wolverine is perpetually hunched over, always lunging or swinging his claws wildly. He's a fucking berserker for christ' sake. And venom is just "evil, big Spider-Man"

I really like reds going and I'd like to get a great figure of them but he pretty much only ever needs to stand up straight
>>
>>6438110
I get that from a priority perspective, who should become Revos first, but there is no such thing as unnecessary articulation. The more the merrier. That's the same stupid logic people had about Revo Stormtrooper.

99% of action figures doesn't even come close to the range a human body can move. So any attempts on having higher range is welcomed.
>>
>>6438192
that's right all action figures only need 5 points of articulation
>>
>>6438202
*I really like Red Skull and I'd like to get a great figure of him
>>
>>6438199
Only communists like Red Skull.

>>6438206
Well shitty monopose villains and heroes certainly don't need any more.
>>
>>6438208
your right who need action figures they should all just be statuses. all we need is our imagination
>>
File: 1446355981211.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446355981211.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>>6438208
>communists like a nazi supervillain
>>
File: RedSkullRiderKick.png (1MB, 711x798px) Image search: [Google]
RedSkullRiderKick.png
1MB, 711x798px
>>6438202
>but he pretty much only ever needs to stand up straight
>>
>>6438169
He's definitely more flexible than I thought, I'll give you that much
>>
File: RevoltechRedSkull.jpg (143KB, 1024x544px) Image search: [Google]
RevoltechRedSkull.jpg
143KB, 1024x544px
>>6438215
>but he pretty much only ever needs to stand up straight
>>
>>6438212
With a shitty character like Red skull, you're right.

>>6438214
>The joke.
>Your head.
>>
>>6438203
Revos objectively sacrifice sculpt for posability that is SO unnecessary for Red Skull.

>>6438206
Don't be willfully ignorant and go to the furthest end of the spectrum with this; posability is great but Revoltech is the furthest end of the spectrum, characters that necessitate posability are the priority. I'm not saying Red Skull has to be a McFarlane statue, i think a Mezco would be cool for him since it'd have a great headsculpt
>>
>>6438222
it's not like red skull fights against captain america
>>
>>6438229
Yea mostly by having clever quotes and throwing hordes of goons at him.
>>
>>6438212
Oh ok so there are only those 2 ends of the spectrum? Great i guess Figma, Mezco, Marvel Legends don't exist
>>
>>6438233
mostly is the key word and what a bout his static poses the higher the articulation the better they can be achieved
>>6438237
your in the wrong tread this is the reveltec one where articulation is king
>>
>>6438237
and this thread is the Figma, Mezco and Marvel Legends general?
>>
>>6438239
>your in the wrong tread this is the reveltec one where articulation is king

I think you're in the wrong thread buddy, i think you'd prefer the Marvel one. I don't want Yamaguchi to waste his time sculpting comic book characters for more than just a year at the most considering that he doesn't even like comic books. Red Skull is so far down the priority list he doesn't even register. We don't need the entire MU in Revoltechs, relegating yet another company to a superhero figure factory
>>
>>6438243
Leave 99% of the Marvel characters to them, Yamaguchi's focus is on posability
>>
>>6438245
I forgot Yamaguchi read posts from 4chan to make all the figures.

Everybody stop makish wish lists right now!
>>
>>6438245
>I don't want Yamaguchi to waste his time sculpting comic book characters for more than just a year at the most
That's too bad because pretty much everyone that's not you seems pretty into it
>>
>>6438245
what a moronic response i want highly articulated figures so i should go to a tread where all they went are statues because you think yamaguchi is sculpting figures out of the kindness of his hart and not because its his job
>>
>>6438255
... except Yamaguchi, who isn't even into comics, which was my point. Besides turning Yamaguchi into just another employee working at the nth Marvel figure factory is frankly just a depressing prospect to me
>>
>>6438264
None of those companies make statues you fucking feverbrain. Yamaguchi isn't just going to make a revoltech of every marvel character
>>
>>6438266
I mean, this is his job so I'm pretty sure Yamaguchi's into sculpting whatever sells. Which right now is Marvel.
>>
>>6438272
never said the companies make statues i said the people in the tread only want statues i also never said yanaguchi would or should make the entire marvel line you halfwit
>>
>>6438266
>turning Yamaguchi into just another employee
Not like that wasn't the case before. If he actually had any real creative freedom we get nothing but Sengoku Basara and, I don't know Kemono Friends he seems to be really into it lately.

Plus he seems to like comic book movies enough.

He has a long career and will continue, Kaiyodo is not going anywhere despite what people may think. We'll get back to random Japanes IPs and the likes sooner or later.
>>
File: DElbVttVYAETNfL.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DElbVttVYAETNfL.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>>6438266
>... except Yamaguchi, who isn't even into comics, which was my point. Besides turning Yamaguchi into just another employee working at the nth Marvel figure factory is frankly just a depressing prospect to me

Yeah, his life is hell, just look at this picture, clearly Yamaguchi hate all those characters and wants to die. Poor man, is a slave of the system.
>>
>>6438285
Sorry I called you a feverbrain dude, it's no use getting worked up over such an inconsequential thing and I feel bad for losing my patience. We ought to be congratulating each other on our great taste in action figures!

>>6438293
That's a good perspective on it, no matter what he's making i'm always game for more Yamaguchi figures
>>
>>6438306
that we should all the toy companions seam to be rally stepping up there game let's enjoy it while we can
>>
>>6438317
Yeah figures have come a LOOONG way in a short amount of time, I can see why people want their favorite characters to get a great new figure. Imports are much bigger now too especially now that they're making western properties, drawing attention in the west. The Marvel movies are universally appreciated but I'm glad a line like AY is doing the comic figures at all
>>
I really would like an hand ninja from amazing line. With the bootleg version that would ensie, I could finally armybuild the hand.
>>
>>6438818
Why not go for those ninjas that the Fwoosh KS backers are wanking themselves dry to? kek
>>
>>6438818
I'm down for some army building characters. It could go for generic ninja action figure so might get enough distribution the can keep the price down.

I don't mind small Sentinels, maybe Ultron bots. Hydra soldiers if they can bring that Shocker combatants from Kamen Rider feel to them.

None of these will sell or be made though.
And fuck off with buying bootleg trash.
>>
>>6438931
Oh yeah and Skrulls. Have some part swapping fun. That's about it for your typical Marvel enemy army I think. Forget the hazmat suit AIM guys.

Again, never gonna happen I know.
>>
File: doooooooom.jpg (254KB, 550x721px) Image search: [Google]
doooooooom.jpg
254KB, 550x721px
Doctor Doom is a real possibility now, no? They can ignore FF altogether and just have him if necessary.
>>
>>6439463
They mostly seem to be making villains that can serve as adversaries to one of the heroes they've released, so I wouldn't count on Doom unless we see a prototype or announcement of any of the Fantastic Four.

Though Doom is an interesting case where there are a lot of Marvel fans who love Doom but don't especially care for the team he's traditionally a villain of. So I dunno, maybe they actually would make just him.

That said, I think a Revoltech Thing or Human Torch would be pretty cool.
>>
>>6439631
Yeah that's my thinking, I could see him being made just for the sake of being a fan favourite, visually looks cool, and could be a villain for anyone really.

I think Marvel has that aspect better than DC, Heroes and their villains are not necessarily tied together. Not as much perhaps.

The Human Torch is problematic because you really want two figures, all fire and no fire. If they want to go all out on fire effects.I think Phoenix can be a cool figure, they could do articulated fire wings. Hell have a separate jointed fire bird, the pieces could double as different fire effects. It's like Saint Seiya armour but with fire.
>>
>>6439704
A flaming torch would look great next to Spidey
>>
File: doom-fierce.gif (77KB, 249x160px) Image search: [Google]
doom-fierce.gif
77KB, 249x160px
>>6439463
>They can ignore FF altogether and just have him if necessary.

It works for capcom
>>
>>6439463
>>6439631
I mentioned in the last thread how perfect Mr Fantastic would be for this line, but it would be very unlikely because then you'd have to all 4, the rights issues, not popular enough, ect, ect.
Honestly I think Doom has the best chance of any FF character, even if he is just a stand-alone, maybe even Super Skrull if the Captain Marvel movie successfully makes Skrulls mainstream
>>
File: Human-Torch-original-4.jpg (103KB, 449x326px) Image search: [Google]
Human-Torch-original-4.jpg
103KB, 449x326px
>>6440403
>the rights issues
Kaiyodo is dealing with Marvel, well Disney actually for a good long time so that shouldn't be an issue. But yeah its all 4 or don't bother scenario so AY line has to be really running out of things to do to go there.

As for an excuse for a stand alone, original android Human Torch? kek

And there is a Doctor Doom movie in the works???
>>
>>6440500
>And there is a Doctor Doom movie in the works???

Yeah the guy who did the FX show legion is in charge of it.
>>
>>6440500

Even Johnny keeping Annihilus on a leash isn't enough to put him on Hammond's level

>haha with my new plan the entire world will come under my complete control!
>then I'll burn it. I'll burn ALL of it.
>Wait what?
>If you take away humanity's free will I destroy everything and leave you to rule over nothing but ash.
>>
>>6440506
Ahhhh neat. Just gonna keep renewing movie rights in anyway eh. Which is a shame because I think FF can fit right into MCU way more than X-Men (there were mutants all along and nobody knew?), especially with the cosmic side of things.
>>
>>6440403
>the rights issues, not popular enough, ect, ect.
I thought the rights were in regards to just movies and Marvel deciding since they don't have full movie rights they aren't going to bother pushing the characters in the comics? Wasn't X-Men undergoing something similar with comic treatment?
>>
File: Fantasy Masterpieces #9-01 .jpg (433KB, 850x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy Masterpieces #9-01 .jpg
433KB, 850x1279px
>>6440500
yo, i would legit buy a original torch straight up, even better if there was a namor, even better if he carried the classic faceless design.
thats legit the best character they had and symbolizes a ton of sci fi things I dig.
Shit I would pre order if it come with the capsule
that mother fucker killed hitler
>>
File: 1143508-torch001.jpg (140KB, 768x904px) Image search: [Google]
1143508-torch001.jpg
140KB, 768x904px
>>6440500
Thats marvel first ever character, I think you would find he has way more fans than it seems at first.
>>
>>6440605
I like it if they do it, well market it as the original Marvel Comic #1 trio with Captain America. But I'm okay with that being ML. They already shown some of that classic packaging variation figure. Just add a Namor with classic head and Jim Hammond the same way and we're there.
>>
You guys are getting carried over. I'd say personally very little chance that AY gonna do F4, Doom or any obscure characters.

So far the picks have been very safe. Either MCU or MvC staple (how most japanese know Marvel characters as they don't read western comics) with exception of Spider Gwen.

Also the non AY line has been concerningly quiet. I hope the Game Classics line pick up, Beat got a release date (it's been like 2 years) and we'll get something cool and out of the blue again just like the good ol' Revo Yamaguchi days
>>
>>6440629
I get why Revo General gets Marvel centered since AY is the only actual brand doing new shit. Magneto was a bit of a curve ball though you got to admit, and shown some flexibility in their choices that they are not just gonna make the top 10 heroes we see in films today.

Yes he is a film/game character, but would be considered low priority. Kaiyodo is still doing the thing where they do something unexpected. The guy picking the characters talks about shit like Moon Knight so who really knows what can happen.

Also no one actually thinks (insert obscure hero #4839) can happen, just having fun imagining it happening.

Union Creative's position in their own action figure lines will be clear from what we get to see at WF. I assume they want to keep doing more gaming stuff.
Unless we see a good number of new stuff in Movie, AB Nexus, Takeya, and VulcanLogs it's gonna be an even slower year.

This could be all the hibernation period for the reboot and we get so much new info. That's possible too. It will be a crucial WF for sure.

That so called catalog could turn out to be interesting too.
>>
When are they going to start dropping payment requests for the kirin girls? I need my monster hunters and july is almost over!
>>
>>6440718
It says 27th release, so soon I guess.
>>
>>6437914
>>6437778
Magneto and Wolverine really excites me because Xmen have been pretty much ignored or the Xmen figures have always been B-team tier in Marvel Legends until very recently

S: tier would be Psylocke
- She's super agile and needs Yamaguchi dynamic posing
- As mentioned her ML variants weren't so great
- Her classic leotard costumes might be too sexy for modern ML today

A+ tier: Gambit, Storm, Doom
- Gambit needs Revo poseability. There is also no good ML Gambit Storm Doom, and all 3 of them are staple of MvC game

A- tier: Sentinel, X23
-Yamaguchi + mech design always come up good. Any Sentinel by Marvel Legends would be unposeable awkward brick.
- X23 Marvel Legends has never been that great, and she's one of the few female figure that needs to have true poseability

B tier: Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Black Widow
One could argue that they both benefit from Revo dynamic poses but these characters are kind of obscure and ML variants are decent.

C tier: Emma Frost
I had her just because her costume might also be too sexy for Marvel Legends, and her Legends variants were atrocious. However she's super obscure outside of /co/ world.

Meme tier: Gwenpool

In your dream tier: Silver Samurai Nippon STRONK
- There hasn't been a ML of Silver Samurai ever
- Even if there is, it won't be able to hold the katana with both hand pose.
>>
>>6440826
>In your dream tier: Silver Samurai Nippon STRONK

Monkey paw time: You get your Silver Samurai. BUT, he's done entirely in chrome, except for the parts where his skin would be showing.

Also theres an exclusive version that comes with a Yuriko figure, but it's mail order only, and only delivers to verified Japanese addresses, AND it's packed with a hardcover book that doubles the already exorbitant costs.
>>
I want a silver surfer :(
Why he couldn't maintain his b list status?
>>
>>6441020

Anything related to the Fantastic Four is basically poisoned by them being one of the most "meh" teams in comics for nigh on 30 years now. They also have always received the most garbage comic movies known to man. Atop that modern Reed is basically a cuckold and uncaring to the point of idiocy, and modern Sue is a slut lusting after fishman dick.

The only things immune to the FF corroding everything they touch with shit and unpopularity seem to be Doom and Galactus.
>>
>>6441025
Just to add, Johnny is now pretty much honorary Inhumans and balls deep into the Inhumans cult, including participating in the recent war doing the mutant genocide against the XMen.

Marvel Comics is in a pretty rough shape
>>
>>6441117

Ouch, poor Johnny. Inhuman's are another "never in a million years will it be popular" group. Whats worse is Marvel keeps trying to shove them down everyones throats like fuckin' Carol, no matter how much people keep puking them back up in disgust.

I can get why they're trying it with Inhumans: "Oh no we don't have the mutants movie licenses we need a replacement because the Mouse doesn't like sharing money", but fuck. Only an idiot would back the Inhuman's of all fucking things against one of Marvel's most enduringly popular franchises.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 723x985px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 723x985px
>>6441123
Yeah Inhumans are just bootleg Xmen. It has gotten so bad that one can wonder if the writers are actually doing it on purpose, e.g. having Inhumans be the token bad guys because everything they do has backfired incredibly. The Inhumans are extremely hierarchical society where Kings (Black Bolt) and Queens (Medusa) order are absolute. Then until recently they were literally gassing mutants and causing mass death without a shred of guilt because muh' sacred gas.

Anyway if you're into /co/ all the mainline characters had it rough. However if you truly dig through there can be some gems in the rough. IDK why people are so against Gwenpool, yeah she's not the most original concept, and she's just bootleg SpiderGwen 2.0, but her comics are actually pretty good. People wrote her off because she's le so crazy memer Harley Quinn + Deadpool combo. In some respect yes, but she's so far down the C-list that she doesn't interact with any other big shots like the main avengers, etc. On the first issue she got her sidekick killed, and she became a henchman for MODOK (e.g. bad guy) fighting heroes and robbing banks. The cute artstyle also helps. Honestly, legitimately one of the better ongoing comics out there.
>>
>>6441155
>Anyway if you're into /co/ all the mainline characters had it rough

Oh I know it. I browse /co/ and read comics-Though much less than ever before, thanks to Marvel's retarded policies.

>IDK why people are so against Gwenpool

I don't think she'd be "worthy" of getting a Revo figure, but beyond that, meh. She doesn't bother me. Shit, I'm more bothered by Spidergwen, but thats only because I never liked Gwen Stacy and all of the shit with her-Coming back, alt reality versions, whatever-Always had me eye rolling. I love the costume design though, it looks great.
>>
>>6441155
>People wrote her off because she's le so crazy memer Harley Quinn + Deadpool combo.

But she's not, and the idea that you think she was is why people don't like her and the last couple issues shows that she's really just a NEET who winds up in a world where she thinks she's the only person that matters.

I think most people are against it because on the surface you'd expect a Harley Quinn x Deadpool esque memefest when in reality its a gift to Marvel fans.
>>
For anyone who was interested in picking up the Vulcanlog Goshogun -Real Form ver.-, it's on sale for a pretty insane price right now, so grab it while you can.

>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-016111
>>
>>6441155
>IDK why people are so against Gwenpool,
I can't speak for everyone, especially since I don't read comics, I just don't like her design.
>>
File: Lina Inverse.png (151KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lina Inverse.png
151KB, 300x400px
>>6437782
Fuck this guy looks so good. Never even watched Trigun but that figure looks sublime.

Speaking of old anime and Revoltech, you knoe who needs one?
>>
>>6441351
That's 100% figma territory.
>>
File: IMG_20170725_103353.jpg (2MB, 3120x3932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_103353.jpg
2MB, 3120x3932px
Cool packaging
>>
File: DSC_0342.jpg (126KB, 1685x948px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0342.jpg
126KB, 1685x948px
>>6435558
My spider-gwen came with a very small back peg hole, and spidey's elbow joints seem kinda fragile. But even still as my first revos they are awesome figures, sorry for crappy pic.
>>
File: 1500738926483.png (2MB, 1850x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1500738926483.png
2MB, 1850x1271px
How the fuck is gwen supposed to hold her phone? The hand i have doesnt grasp it
>>
>>6441542
There is a very subtle sweet spot. It"s not like it snaps in and doesn't fall out though.
>>
>>6435532
Looking at the relative size of the sculpt to the 6mm double joint, and the fact the arms use 8mm joints, I think Magneto will be a pretty big Revo.
>>
>>6441542
one word anon: epoxy
>>
I got the Revoltech Spider-Man in the mail a couple days ago and I am loving him. I've handled many many Spider-Man figures in my years of collecting, but this is the best one. The bright red and blue, the dynamic sculpt, and of course the articulation. It took me awhile to get used to that leg system but when I did, it really works perfectly. Possibly the best Revoltech in my small collection.
>>
File: Revoltech-Magneto-Scan.jpg (109KB, 738x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Revoltech-Magneto-Scan.jpg
109KB, 738x1000px
Wider shot.

So they did that thing which some were nagging about. Doing the knee cap panel piece, even though the costume has no armor piece but just skin tight knee sculpt.

What do you think about that?
>>
>>6441804
>What do you think about that?
About fuckin time
>>
>>6441804
wish they did that for spidey
>>
>>6441804
Oh jesus that cape looks more like Vader cape than the good capes. Better start buying the Select Magneto and steal his cape
>>
>>6441804
>So they did that thing which some were nagging about. Doing the knee cap panel piece, even though the costume has no armor piece but just skin tight knee sculpt.

Why can't they just fucking do what they did to Venom knee. It was bulky but a perfect knee joint. Revos are good for a lot of things, but knee joint ain't one of them.
>>
>>6441804
>What do you think about that?

Perfect, it's what they should've done for everything. Solves the issues of an exposed joint very simply. Surprised more companies haven't copied shit like this already.
>>
>>6441851
I can't say I agree just yet. Magneto's cape pieces at least are dynamically sculpted, which was helped previous capes work. Meanwhile, Vader's pieces are more like neat blankets stitched together. I won't make my final judgement until I see how it looks from other angles and poses, though.
>>
I agree with the Doomfags in this thread: I would rather have a Dr Doom than a Magneto.
>>
>>6441804
As usual, a wired cape would be better.
>>
>>6441804
>Knee is hardsculpted to the shin
So they fixed nothing.
>>
>>6441351
>>6441376
Figma will be cool but I feel like Figuarts gonna do her.
>>
>>6442026
Because it looks a bit awkward. Like it is an armored pad piece they added to the costume.

If it looks fine in hand I ain't complaining. I think they can get away with it because of the bulky build and boot design.
>>
>>6442081
It appears to be attatched to a joint like Deadpool's were

>>6442098
>Because it looks a bit awkward
And Spidey's knees didn't?
>>
>>6442081
That's the under bit leading up to the knee. The actual disk is represented by the separated piece.
>>
File: magneto-jim-lee.jpg (158KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
magneto-jim-lee.jpg
158KB, 456x640px
>>6441804
HOT!
>>
>>6442100
>And Spidey's knees didn't?
It's the complete opposite, a trade off. Spider-Man's legs looks perfectly fine straight.

Short story, nobody is perfect.
>>
>>6442095
Maybe. SHFs are still unreliable with Anime sculpts.
>>
>>6442101
Unless that piece is hinged where it meets the lower leg, this is going to be horrid.

They really just need to stop using revo joints for the knees. There are WAY better options for knees.
>>
>>6442103
WELCOME TO DIE
>>
File: 1.jpg (67KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 800x800px
>>6442119
>They really just need to stop using revo joints for the knees. There are WAY better options for knees.
This. I don't even mind the double jointed shoulder armpit, but with Venom and Wolverine I thought Yamaguchi is done with using revo joint on knees as these systems look infinitely better.

What's with the relapse? Yamaguchi KNOWS how to make non-ugly knees there is no excuse
>>
>>6442125
I think Venom and Wolverine only have the hinge knees they do because they're bulkier characters. I'm sure it was never his intention to start using them exclusively, even if it would solve some of the line's problems.
>>
>>6442132
90's Neto, which Yamaguchi is trying to emulate has thunder thighs comparable to Chun Li and unlike Spiderman Mags doesn't need to bend his knees all the way into extreme crawling position
>>
>>6441512
at least you got correct legs
>>
>>6442119
>Unless that piece is hinged where it meets the lower leg,
Do you not own or seen DP and the two Snakes Revoltechs? That's exactly what they do.

>>6442125
Wolverine has some questionable depressions at the back of the thighs. Venom hid it well with the musculature but probably hard to pull off unless the figure was just as ripped.

I think maybe as a time cutting measure he used a same base body sculpt he has from making Deadpool.
>>
>Use revo joints on joints that only move one way

I hate how dumb the engineers at kaiyodo are.

Fine, use them on shoulders, wrists, torsos whatever, but there's no point using them on knees and elbows when there are better hinged joint options for those.
>>
>>6442199
If they could find a way to put a swivel in the middle of the doubles they use for shoulders, I'd basically be cool with them. Hell, just slightly upscale the mini hip joints they used for gwen's shoulders, those do exactly what they need to and look way better.
>>
>>6442211
Bandai made some great swivel elbow and knee double joints for the kinnikuman figuarts, so it's totally doable.
>>
File: WiyczarN2XMm4.gif (778KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
WiyczarN2XMm4.gif
778KB, 245x190px
>>6442217
Oh shit yeah, the ones on the WWF stuff? I did a double take when I actually messed with those they're great.
>>
>>6442199
The two pegs on both ends are important and necessary at certain points for the way revos are sculpted. That includes knees and elbows. The added twisting can be important and shouldn't be removed, ever.
>>
>>6442230
>The two pegs on both ends are important and necessary at certain points for the way revos are sculpted.

The peg ends are in no way necessary for the elbows or knees.

As for twisting, see

>>6442217
Other people have already been doing this much better for years now.
>>
>>6442250
You haven't posed or played with revoltechs?
Knees you could get away with it, why some had hinged knees before too.

Elbows, no it can't just be a hinge.

As for the mentioned newer joints some Figuarts has, THE SAME OUTCOME IS DONE WITH SIMPLE REVOLVER JOINTS ALREADY. You morons. Kaiyodo has been doing it for a decade and others caught on doing similar tricks, not having to break up the shoulder and upper arm sculpt, for example.

Fucking pick up a Yamaguchi Revo already.
>>
>>6442280
The thing the new bandai joints do better than the revos is that can actually incorporate things like elbow and knee caps and look way nicer while doing it.

They are lower profile, double jointed, and can add those caps.

It's not good to act like everyone but you has no idea what they are talking about when you don't even know the difference between these two joint configurations.
>>
>>6442211
The torso joint used in Minis are like that, a bigger sphere version with a ball joint end. Ultron used it for the elbows. Klaus had them for the knees since he was a bigger fellow.
>>
>>6442280
bicep swivel makes elbow swivel irrelevant.

Even then, you can still do what bandai is doing.
>>
>>6442286
I know the joints being discussed. I got Knnikuman figures, Ryu too which has the elbows.

The look just as ugly, chopped up when bent. There are more parts division visible from the folding side of the joints too, when Revolver Joints are basically just a sphere.
It's not that drastic of an improvement.
>>
>>6442291
>bicep swivel makes elbow swivel irrelevant.
And ads an ugly cut in the sculpt. Rotation from the shoulders are not enough so you use the rotations at the elbows to go further. This looks more natural and anatomically correct.

Sure, they can, but it's not as a big or necessary improvement as you might be thinking.
>>
Fucking amiami still hasn't issued refund for return shipping yet and I see that the package is in Tokyo, probably out for delivery tomorrow
>>
File: elbow 1.jpg (104KB, 792x491px) Image search: [Google]
elbow 1.jpg
104KB, 792x491px
>>6442295
No, they actually look quite a lot better.

The whole point is to solve the sharp cut issue that plagues revoltechs, since the revo joints do nothing to try to maintain a natural shape or continuation of limbs.
>>
>>6442302
>And ads an ugly cut in the sculpt
It trades a totally disjointed elbow cut that sticks out harshly for a low profile bicep cut at the shoulder.
>>
>>6442308
>actually look quite a lot better.
I'm looking at the same figures, plus Spidey and Ryu as well. From various angles.

This is "agree to disagree" point of this argument, because I think it's not a big improvement. Bandai joints stands out visually and looks gappy from the front too, relatively. (no bulge so that's all that matters?)

And Kinnikuman's knees have a bad case of visual breakup at the lower leg side too.

I get why anons like double joints, and why they will look better, because your eyes are used to seeing them you're likely to forgive some common issues.
>>
>>6442312
Honestly, no one who is worried about awkward cuts should even be in to revoltechs.

They cut spiderman's head in half.
>>
File: revo spiderman.jpg (96KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
revo spiderman.jpg
96KB, 720x540px
>>6442331
Bandai joints stands out visually

So do Revo joints, the bandai ones actually maintain a natural looking line rather than making the lower limbs all look like they are bolted on.

>And Kinnikuman's knees have a bad case of visual breakup at the lower leg side too.

Do you really want to get people started on the visual breakup with revo knees?
>>
>>6442333
I think the bandai joints look like shit and revos are fine.

Fight me fag.
>>
>>6442333
What part of me saying they're not that different do you not understand?

The floating elbow piece among all the visible hinges are not that better. Even looking from the sides. Besides bent elbow from the side doesn't actually look rounded.

And that's the same idea for having articulated knee pads, to have a continuous form.

All I'm saying is neither is perfect. And you end up with very-specific-use-joints which Revoltechs were never about. One of the ways they cut costs if you haven't figured that out. Even the Mini joints which were pretty specific they made good use of them in different ways.
>>
File: elbows 2.jpg (307KB, 868x1356px) Image search: [Google]
elbows 2.jpg
307KB, 868x1356px
>>6442368
>What part of me saying they're not that different do you not understand?
I dunno, what part of me saying they are and directly demonstrating how do you not understand?

>The floating elbow piece among all the visible hinges are not that better

Vs a hard cut, a visible ball joint, and a huge gap with no continuous sculpt, it is.

>And that's the same idea for having articulated knee pads, to have a continuous form.

Which they still don't have because of the massive ball disconnecting the sculpts between the knees.

>All I'm saying is neither is perfect.
I didn't say the bandai ones were perfect, just that they are better than the revo ones. They aren't even "very-specific-use-joints" either. They operate as both swivels and double hinged limb joints, vs the revo joints that are single hinged swivels.
>>
>>6442362
If you like craters and tumors for elbows then yeah.
>>
>>6442441
Like with anything, what looks better or worse is POV, at what level of bent, etc etc.It can go both ways. I don't see that much of an improvement OVERALL. Hence agree to disagree. It's like eliminating one issue with another issue. Thanks for the biased photos though.

If you didn't get what I meant, specific use as they are for elbows and knees, especially if you want part of the sculpt as part of the joints. You said it, for limbs. Revo Joints are crazy versatile being used in different ways. That's why we have a wide variety of genre of figures all using the same joints.

The type of joints you want, if you're cool with a 1000, 2000 yen mark up for the next bunch or Revos to pay for all the limited use but brand new joint metal molds. The figures can't vary in size as much because they need to look connected with the new specific joint pieces. Extreme example I know. Bandai can afford doing all that but Kaiyodo can't.

Honestly, just wait until Bandai copies Kaiyodo and does their own comic book line. Or figma if you like those better too. Even Mafex. It's gonna happen in some way or another.
>>
>>6442441
And the knees I'm talking about is like Magneto's. Which the point is to cover much or that ball of the revo joint. Practically the same end result as Kinnikuman's knee joint, assuming it acts just like DP's.
>>
>>6442500
Don't be hyperbolic, changing the knee or elbow joints won't jack up the figures 1000 or 2000 yen.

>The figures can't vary in size as much because they need to look connected with the new specific joint pieces.

Why is it always the same in these threads? People suggest ways revos can be improved, and someone flies off the handle and claims any changes would be devastating to the line.

That's not any argument based in reality, that's just fanboyism stepping up.
>>
File: dp knee.jpg (89KB, 659x539px) Image search: [Google]
dp knee.jpg
89KB, 659x539px
>>6442500
The knee pad deal the revos use only mask the joint/have any benefit from pretty much head on.

They still look horrid from other angles. It's not a good solution. \

revo joints were fine, 7-8 years ago, but they can't rely on them forever. They know it, too, that's why they've been subbing in alternate joints for some figures.

Its long crossed over into stubbornness/gimmick pushing territory.
>>
why do people always complain about the revel joints if you do not like them than just buy the figures from a different company whit joints you do like
>>
File: Bengus Sentinel.jpg (63KB, 381x585px) Image search: [Google]
Bengus Sentinel.jpg
63KB, 381x585px
>>6435997
>>6435988
seconding, COTA-94 was made for a line like Revoltech's.
>>
>>6442526
>They still look horrid from other angles.
So does the Kinnikuman style joints. I'm not defending anything, I like both in different ways. I'm not listing every single bad thing about revo joints and surrounding sculpts because it goes without saying here. Don't take that as me being blind to them,

>>6442518
I said extreme example. One of those metal molds costs like 80k USD apparently so investing in a brand new joint sets isn't cheap. Also you pay property tax for them. And they already saw disaster with Revol Mini failing, a line with 100% new joints. They kind of need to keep using them to justify making them in the first place.

There is a don't fix what isn't broken mentality here. If they're doing fine, selling as many as they want, why risk it all. For you and an uncertain number of people? Risk loosing fans of today? That's the reality.

Realistically, you can hope and see the Rovolmini joints or built-in hinges being used better for a while, Or wait for Figuarts to do comic book characters.

>>6442704
Because Kaiyodo makes their favorite characters and they got no choice but to deal with revolver joints.
>>
>>6442807
It would be interesting if Sentinel made some Sentinels. Get it?
>>
>>6442704
B-because they could be better! It's not like I hate Yamaguchi or anything baka! Bandai should just take over revos!
>>
>>6442810
>So does the Kinnikuman style joint
Nowhere near as bad as the revos though, which is the whole damn point.
>>
>>6442810
>One of those metal molds costs like 80k USD apparently
Where did you hear this?

The company I work for had to have some injection molds made for some parts and they paid somehwere around 11.5k for their molds, and it would have been even cheaper in china.

The only molds that cost shitloads of money are ones that are huge molds that make a shit ton of different parts at once, and multiples of each.

Let alone that it's not like molds can only be used for one product run, especially on generic parts.

Everything they make has new molds made, and they've still got near price parity with the companies that have been making new joints on a regular basis.

>And they already saw disaster with Revol Mini failing, a line with 100% new joints
The joints had nothing to do with Revol Mini failing, and you know it just as well as I do.

>Risk loosing fans of today?
Anyone who would ditch a line because they improved the joints has mental issues.

>>6442704
The joints haven't been updated in coming on ten years. It's stunting the line. I like Revo figures, but they could be way better with minor changes.
>>
>>6442807
Even if I had to pay $100+ for a full-sized MvC Sentinel Revo, it would be worth it. I can just imagine those individually articulated fingers...
>>
>>6442820
>Nobody is allowed to ever have a criticism for a product! Only people who love them unconditionally should talk about them!
>>
>>6442820
>>6442864
but your solution is to make them like this other company making them loose there individuality
>>
>>6442912
People don't buy revoltech figures because they want literally every joint to be revo joints.

Revo joints are great for very specific uses, but they suck ass in a lot of others, and that's what people want to change. They can keep them pretty much everywhere but the two places where they make no sense vs modern alternatives. It's not 2010 anymore, there's better shit out there.
>>
>>6442912
Oh yeah, all those other companies that are making Magneto, venom, MVC style wolverine etc.

Get off this doomsaying fanboy crap. Revoltech isn't going to die if they stop using click click click joints in knees and elbows/stop doing retarded capes.
>>
>>6442926
The non-revo joints they use are kinda shitty though.
>>
>>6442886
I mean when that criticism boils down to "I don't like any of this toy line's staples but they're making figures of characters I like now so I demand change" it's kinda bullshit
>>
>>6442934
They barely use any, and they don't have to be shitty.

>>6442955
If you really think
>Hey they can do better on these elbow and knee joints like x company does
or
>These capes don't look good

is outlandish criticism then I don't know what to tell you. That's either incredibly thin skinned or not coming from any reasonable position.
>>
>>6442847
To me it can look just as bad. Not in the same way, but different ways. Have just as much of a visual footprint. I don't know how many ways I can say it differently, we are both looking at the same figures.
>>
>>6442926
to my knowledge people buy them for there dynamic posing if a different joint allows the same level of articulation than fine if not than the lose of some ascetics is a sacrifice i am willing to make
>>6442931
than bitch at the company you do like to make the figure you want .no one said they would die if they stopped using revo joints just that they would be a clone of the company you do like
>>
>>6442518
>Why is it always the same in these threads? People suggest ways revos can be improved, and someone flies off the handle and claims any changes would be devastating to the line.
>That's not any argument based in reality, that's just fanboyism stepping up.

Why always someone come here to say how the revol joins triggered him so much? The articulations are the emblem of the mark, "but looks like tumors" and? the articulations are durable, have the best range of motion and the figures sells well. If you don't like don't buy it, it's easy.
>>
>>6442926
>>6442931
The companies don't change just to make happy a few assholes. The rest are happy with the products.

No one forces you to buy revoltech things. If others companies don't make these characters, what a pity for you.
>>
File: DFobaPBVYAIWzvv.jpg (126KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFobaPBVYAIWzvv.jpg
126KB, 1200x675px
>WELCOME TO DIE
>>
File: DFobbqHVYAE5ddH.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFobbqHVYAE5ddH.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>6443002
>Fuck off, Wade!
>>
>>6443000
We know. You understand that as individuals and consumers we are fully entitled to both have an opinion on the products we buy and to express that opinion, correct?

Nobody is standing up and declaring they are more important than anyone and that the company MUST do what they say. If you are getting that from any of the criticism of the line in the thread, then it fell out of your own imagination.
>>
>>6442975
>to my knowledge people buy them for there dynamic posing if a different joint allows the same level of articulation than fine if not than the lose of some ascetics is a sacrifice i am willing to make
They do.

It's like you guys are purposely forgetting which joints people wanted to change and just keep assuming it was all of them.
>>
File: AmazingYamaguchiwishall.png (4MB, 2648x1100px) Image search: [Google]
AmazingYamaguchiwishall.png
4MB, 2648x1100px
>>6441804
>>6442103
Man, I have to wonder what's going on during negotions between Marvel and these guys. Is Wolverine's situation simply that they want the Astonishing suit to replace the old tiger stripe suit? Out of the multitude of Wolverines Hasbro has released post ML revival has never been that Wolverine either. The Red Hulk ML wasn't bad, but so were many of the old MLs of characters were are getting new MLs of now.

Whatever the case, I kind of thrown in a loop. I suppose Marvel is more lax with Magneto. Wonder who else Yamaguchi's team can get the more nostalgic suits of. I don't mind some of the newer suits, like Rogue's or Jubilees. I just don't want shit like Beast's Astonishing suit, which looks like goddamn male lingerie.

Also, I just realize that every other AY that is not X-Men can be labeled as a Spider-man related release. Spider-man has had one-on-one crossovers with almost all these guys. I say this now, because I am beginning to doubt the Japanese will dive deep into Spider-man's native rogue gallery. It's gonna be symbiotes and maybe Green Goblin. Perhaps other Goblins if they start reusing parts.
>>
Yesss , got my payment confirmation for the female Kirin hunter
>>
File: Ehhhh.gif (3MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
Ehhhh.gif
3MB, 316x213px
>>6443136
>mfw waiting for them to come back in stock at HLJ because I can justify adding her onto an order I already have, but not making a whole new one from somewhere else
>mfw will still be disappointed if I can't get one at all

I guess I'm actually looking forward to her now? Man, when did this happen.
>>
>>6443126
Yeah they are definitely going with Spider-Man and characters related to him directly, power wise, etc. I doubt we will even see a Green Goblin. Characters that are variation of, or similar to Spidey (Symbiotes) will likely get picked further.

And X-Men of course. The selected characters having a certain degree of interactions is important for this line for sure. Makes you want to buy more than one.

My theory for the costumes, as of now, is they picked some point in the comics universe history and sticking with the designs at that time. Some character continued to have their old costumes while others got updated. Not necessarily the "ideal ver" for each character. More or less. Gwen is an outlier because she is much more recent, but she is in many other ways too.

In the end the group shot of Marvel AY should look like it makes sense, like it was taken out of a particular comic book event. Plus maybe the occasional extra brand new charters or suits like Gwenpool and X-23 Wolverine.

My guess as of now based on the few revoltechs we got. Hopefully we might get cards for the next couple of characters too.
>>
>>6442149
I hope we get some metal scraps as option parts. I've been looking around and there aren't that many good candidates to be tossed around besides weapons, robots, motorcycles...
>>
>>6443002
>>6443004
Praise be to Yamaguchi
>>
I'll speak my prediction again before WonFes hits. I think there is a good chance for a Movie Revo Baby Groot, say about 1/2 scale.
They wont do all of GotG but can bank on Groot pretty easily, he can sell well on his own.
And there is no real competition for that size/articulation/price.
>>
>>6437854
Venom is mostly based off the Ultimate Venom look
>>
>>6443278
Get on the Kirin train. I lost all hope when that basic looking female hunter Capcom made was revealed.
>>
File: f7a3b321749a83cc10344a04c1000539.jpg (142KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f7a3b321749a83cc10344a04c1000539.jpg
142KB, 714x1000px
Good night.

Since Lizard isn't going to be released so soon, do you think I should get a Lizard Marvel Select for my Spidey?
>>
>>6446455

Put your shit straight, Tyrone. Get this Lizard instead.
>>
File: nyan.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
nyan.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
Mini Nyanboards, 3 types for October release.

Interesting how after they said they're restructuring under 5 brands, they release more Danboards not part of any of the 5.

Is this the first cat versions for Revoltechs? I think they only had sofubi for Nyanboard.
>>
File: 1422916974164.jpg (154KB, 800x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1422916974164.jpg
154KB, 800x1192px
>>6443560
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say either Punisher or Captain America is next in the AY line. I think they're trying to cover one hero/villain from a lot of different comics and teams so there's representation from all across the Marvelverse. Cap's super popular, and Frank would be Venom 2.0, so they both seem likely.

That said, my dream Yamaguchi is Guts.
>>
>>6447112
I still think next AY is Cyclops, but after that maybe so.

Just to be clear I'm talking of Movie Revo which is different sculptors, live action or animated movie properties.

That will remain a dream since that's a property well represented with figmas and they won't step on their toes.

I wish Yamaguchi will redo Hokuto no Ken because that's been untouched by everyone since the early revoltechs. Do it before Bandai!
>>
Someone make a new thread already in prep for Wonfes.
>>
>>6447795
Or just make it with the info and pics from WF it's less than 2 days.
>>
File: KAI_REVOL_71_SUPER_GURREN.jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
KAI_REVOL_71_SUPER_GURREN.jpg
158KB, 800x600px
Hey guys, cleaning up my revoltechs I found that one of them is most likely leaking plasticizer, as I have read here a lot. Is there something I can do about it, or am I fucked?

Pic related, said leakage just happened in the shoulder drills.
>>
>>6448297
wash in warm soap water
>>
>>6448309
for real? i cleaned it off with soft paper I had around, is there any way to prevent it for the future or should I just keep cleaning it regularly?
>>
>>6448316
>keep cleaning it regularly
I think is really the only option. certain environment (dry and cold?) makes it not as bad but as far as I know there is no "cure" for it.
>>
File: IMG_8097.jpg (136KB, 700x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8097.jpg
136KB, 700x870px
Calling it right now
>>
>>6448379
I'll take that, but will say not that costume.

Now we wait.
>>
>>6443355

This would make me so happy
>>
File: 1390508503859.jpg (195KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1390508503859.jpg
195KB, 667x1000px
>>6448379
I guess now's our last chance for predictions and dreams?
I'm hoping they branch into DC with Batman. Vidya Classics needs to start pumping out Capcom figures so we can have an unofficial MvC line.
>>
Just got the old Scifi Revoltech Batman. Sculpt looks a lot better in person actually, even the Bale face isn't that bad. The cape isn't very intuitive but it's not hard to make him look nice for non-standing poses.
>>
If Japan is ahead one day of the western hemisphere is WF happening now?
>>
>>6449094
Google before posting...basically Japan is ahead of NA by half a day. So WF will start around Saturday night.
>>
>>6448933
I replaced the cape with a cloth one I made. Pretty solid figure after that. I liked how they did the hip joint and the crotch section is just panels.

Him and movie Spider-Man from that line were pretty good action figures if you don't mind the smaller size.
>>
File: Cyclops_Astonishing_X-Men_Model.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops_Astonishing_X-Men_Model.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>6448379
Yeah. If it's gonna really be another member of the X-men, it's gonna be Cyclops. It's gonna be in his Astonishing suit though. Maybe he will have a cap-down head like this >>6437706
as an alternative head because the capless look is his most recognizable look in Japan.

Just look at the X-men side of this image here >>6443126 . He's most important member there.

The only characters I can see take his place are certain women because Yamaguchi wants to make another female character. Psylocke, Phenoix, Rogue, or Storm. Outside of self-interest in diversifying your craft, then it's Cyclops, easily.
>>
File: 1501337140051.jpg (176KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501337140051.jpg
176KB, 600x800px
Vulcanlog Kirin pics on 2ch:

http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3689834.htm
>>
>>6450028
I guarantee we will have Phoenix or some form of Jean Grey in the future, to have that love triangle completed.

I'm pretty sure Spider-Gwen was successful enough to get another female revo, or at least show there's enough interests in that. I fear she had a few missteps that clouded over how good of a figure she actually is.
>>
File: dayum shame.jpg (41KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
dayum shame.jpg
41KB, 393x393px
>>6450029
>tfw I wanted the green version but had to settle for the white one and these pics only confirm I'm gonna be disappointed
>>
File: 1501315676487.jpg (434KB, 730x730px) Image search: [Google]
1501315676487.jpg
434KB, 730x730px
Intredasting...
>>
File: DF4bjmNVYAAcUVK.jpg (66KB, 702x768px) Image search: [Google]
DF4bjmNVYAAcUVK.jpg
66KB, 702x768px
Some teasing I found on Mr Assemble's twitter. Looks like we might see 3 new panels(?), I'm guessing concept art or photos of sorts for some new AB.
He mentions Chouchin (lantern) and Noren (tarp thing on doors) which might be hints, or just talking about some Japanese looking display, who knows.

Hmm thread about to disappear but I really want to have new one with WF pic and info.
>>
If Beat isn't painted with a release date I'm going to rip my own head off
>>
>>6450391
We saw him painted before, I'm sure he is GC Vol.2. I just hope there is a Vol.3...
>>
File: IMG_8061.jpg (178KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8061.jpg
178KB, 1024x576px
Far away pic but it shows the Eva line up.
>>
>>6450425
Another event in China shown some Evas too, had MP Eva.
>>
>>6450438
>had MP Eva.
New sculpt or re-release of the old movie one? A redo is easily my #1 want as far as revoltechs go.
>>
>>6450720
Oh sorry about that, it's the old one.
>>
File: noren.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
noren.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>6450310
It was a real Noren lol.
>>
New one >>6450872

Cap!!!!!
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.