[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's taken me 30 years to realize that lusting after figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8072.jpg (2MB, 3502x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8072.jpg
2MB, 3502x4096px
It's taken me 30 years to realize that lusting after figures is the best part of the entire collecting process.

My question is why
>>
>>6429159
I get that too. Like, it's more fun to hunt for something than to actually catch it.
>>
File: IMG_8122.jpg (1MB, 3940x2156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8122.jpg
1MB, 3940x2156px
>>6429164
Yeah I think it's the point where I trade my money for shit that ruins it
>>
File: spock.jpg (93KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
spock.jpg
93KB, 500x398px
>look at something
>ok this looks cool I need it now and can't wait to get it
>it shows up, wow this really is great
>two days later it's untouched in a growing pile on my desk
>muster up the effort to take some pictures once a week or so

The next one I buy will be different though, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>6429220
You'll catch the one that got away from your childhood one day and it'll all be worth it, just wait and see.
>>
>>6429159
Its basically like that with anything. The anticipation/thrill of it gives us a natural high and when its over we seek the next thing so we get that feeling again.
>>
>>6429159

It's actually more exciting to look at all the new convention/magazine pictures each month than it is to actually own the toys to be honest.
>>
I love toys but u gotta admit they are kinda useless junk. They offer nothing whatsoever besides the personal satisfaction of owning them. And that's a pretty shallow joy and doesnt last
>>
>>6429245
It never is. Toys will never be as fun as when you were a young child.
>>
>>6429306
deep
>>
File: IMG_8129.jpg (2MB, 3024x3221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8129.jpg
2MB, 3024x3221px
>>6429306
Action figures, as we on this board treat them, are actually false idols from false religions. If that wasn't bad enough, our false religions have been hijacked to be used as weapons of propaganda, further subverting our already dilluted and distracted minds.

>mfw I know this and spent $200 on toys just today
>>
>>6429576
I wouldn't know I wasn't allowed to have toys.
>>
File: IMG_1703.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1703.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>>6429787
Egon, is that you?
>>
>>6429779
I need that prime.
>>
File: IMG_8127.jpg (1MB, 2303x3145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8127.jpg
1MB, 2303x3145px
>>6429796
I'm a little disappointed. Build quality is great and no QC issues, it's just that everything I didn't like in pictures dosent really look any better in hand like I was hoping.

His face sculpt is totally fucked imo and I'm already plotting how I have to fix it. Way too much 'eyebrow' exposed.
>>
>>6429812
I'm not expecting amazing, but I'm hoping we get the other 3 first autobots.

I'm aware of the issues, shame about his massive forehead.
>>
>>6429791
My Aunt bought me Grimlock and I forgot to hide it one day and my mom threw it out and phoned my Aunt to tell her to never buy me any childish garbage like that ever again.
>>
Yeah I'm coming to grips with the fact that sometimes ogling every millimeter of a toy in online photos is more satisfying than actually unboxing it and experiencing it in person. Not a bad thing though, helps me keep my collection tiny and means every new figure I buy is motherfucking personal must-have.
>>
>>6429844
>shame about his massive forehead

What pisses me off is that it's not like that on the box art photos
>>
>>6429861
was your mother a jehovah witness? those people are insufferable
>>
Am I weird for actually enjoying the figures I buy?
Hunting for toys sucks.
I finally got my grail a while back and I am much happier having it than looking for it.
>>
>>6430283
No.
>>
>>6429861
Somebody must've shoved a sharp stick in her twat throughout her childhood whenever she wanted a toy of her own, Anon. That shit ain't right.
>>
>>6430283

I agree with >>6430363 Hunting sucks balls depending on the figure.

>tfw the figures you're hunting for are rare af and the one opportunity they become available you miss it by basement trolls hovering over their keyboards the second it's listed
>>
>>6429576
As trite as your statement is, this comment unironically really makes me think...
>>
>>6430401
Search your heart; you know it to be true
>>
>>6429861
I think it has more to do with your being a useless autist and collecting worthless shit for children.
>>
>>6429576

I understand that might be true for some, or even most, but it ain't true for me. I enjoy them more now than I did as a kid. Finally they make toys like I always wanted them to make. (I mostly collect high-end modern gokins.) Plus, I better understand what it is I like then I did when I was younger. As a kid I would sometimes want a shitty toy just because it was subject matter or a character that I liked. No more. Just awesome toys of stuff I like. It's all gravy now.
>>
>>6429159
>>6429220
https://youtu.be/-wtYGZt7aI4
>>
>>6429159
For figures I only like, then yeah I guess lusting after it is the best part. For figures I fucking love, the best part is having them. Seeing them on my shelf and making a happy cry internally every time I look at them, picking them up and posing your favorite character in a pose from the media they're from. It's great.
>>
>>6429159
Clean your laptop.
>>
>>6429779
What if I don't really care and just project whatever I like into them because pretty much all toy-related media is not worth giving much thought?
At most I read the bios on transformers, most of the time those are more interesting than whatever they do in the current comics/movies.
>>
>>6429159
As with everything in life, the thrill of the chase is always the best part of the journey.
Kinda like death, the actual fun part is the road to it, not the part that comes after (nothing comes after)
>>
>>6429159
Cool Zaku!
>>
>>6429576
No but it will be a different kind of fun
>>
>>6432278
Those marks by the trackpad are marks left by glue from fixing figures over it. Which was stupid and is gonna eventually get me in trouble bc that is a work computer lol
>>
Agreed. Wanting is better than having. Having is better than needing.
>>
>>6432892
Fear is the path to the dark side.

Also, I get that "craving" for hunting or desiring a toy. But with the ones I have its comfy fun, posing them is like playing with a puzzle of sorts, very relaxing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.