[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gormiti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (326KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
326KB, 2048x1152px
newfag here, in both the hobby and the board, after lurking a few days here i started looking for flea markets and trade fairs to see if i could start collecting these little motherfuckers for old time's sake and to my pleasant surprise they still are around in huge quantities and at very cheap prices as well
now my questions are: have they ever picked up outside of Italy? if they did, whats your opinion of them? personally i had a blast collecting all of them again and i love their designs but maybe its just me refusing to take off the nostalgia goggles so i wanted to hear other opinions
>>
I remember them being around in Britain for a few years, though they didn't seem that popular.
>>
Same in the US. They were a pretty short lived grab at yugioh type stuff
>>
>>6428800
I just love that you can get big randomized lots of them online for like nothing. Always had a thing for little figures like these and some of the designs are great. Not a fan of the bigger ones, though.

No clue how to play the actual 'game' to it. They did get kind of big here (US) for a year or two, though, then died out pretty fast. Heroscape even lasted longer.
>>
>>6428800
>have they ever picked up outside of Italy? if they did, whats your opinion of them?
Well, you can get loads of them really cheap in Poland as well. Some have REALLY cool designs and i had even seen guys painting them and using in wargames like warhammer and such. Pretty cheap and nice looking thing as far as toys go.
As far as game itself goes i remember you need to have some kind of mtg looking cards for it. Cards are way more rare than figurines themselves but you can get them rather cheap as well. But game isn't aparently nothing particularitly good.
>>
>>6428800
I remember seeing them in some retail stores late 00's to early 10's,
>>
>>6428800

Was a huge but very shortlived success here in France. All the kids loved them for... one year maybe. And then they were clearanced. They tried coming back what, two years ago and it was a huge fucking flop.

Designs are cool, I bought a few of them because it gave me "monster in my pocket" nostalgiagasm flashbacks.

>>6429071

Game is garbage, all the figures had a number under their foot, plus a number on their cards and you could move them that far and do that much damage by comparing the numbers on the card and characters. It's an afterthought, not like Heroscape, Heroscape's pretty damn good.
>>
>>6428800
Only lasted two waves in the US, both went straight to clearance. Third wave was planned but canceled. By that time the franchise was dying in the UK and a couple years later finally died in Italy as well. They tried to reboot it in 2013 with an interactive app and new cartoon but it was--as the kids used to say--an "epic fail" and buried the franchise for good.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.