[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have we not see NJPW figures recently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4642.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4642.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Hoping to break into the US market, it's ridiculous they don't have any figures. Granted they wouldn't nab Mattel or Hasbro, but Figuarts or Figma would be PERFECT.
>>
I would buy the fuck out of a Jushin Liger or Tanahashi figure.

It is actually weird that SHF offer American wrestlers but not Japanese.
>>
File: IMG_4643.jpg (53KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4643.jpg
53KB, 600x300px
>>6423212
I would throw down money for Four Pillars figures from AJPW. A Tana or Okada would be great as well though
>>
File: 558921 (1).jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
558921 (1).jpg
93KB, 600x600px
>>6423208
There's this, but I need a Muta too
>>
>>6423312
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06gfgjqxwg0
>>
>>6423218

Honestly, I think that (in the unlikely even this got greenlit) they would start with current day stars. You'd probably see Tanahashi, Okada, Naito and Omega and the first wave.
>>
>>6423425
Depends who their audience is. If it's Japan I'd expect Tana, Okada, Liger, Makabe and possibly Naito. US would be Tana, Okada, Omega, Kushida and Naito
>>
U KNOE
>>
>>6423431

I'd expect it to be Japan, with little thought given to western audiences as they are only a small part of NJPW's audience.
>>
Has any Japanese promotion ever been into action figures the same way WWE has? I got into Japanese wrestling for a while in the early to mid 2000's mostly Noah but a bit of other stuff too and I couldn't really find anything at the time.
>>
>>6423892
The 90's-early 00's saw a good amount of figures from lots of promotions, even RINGS & Pancrase had some. Generally they were all shit though. Niche popularity for wrestling in general, older average age of fans and japs generally preferring statue shit has killed any proposed figures though. Mexico is generally too poor for official figures (though some have been made recently) so WWE have essentially had a monopoly on wrestling figures since TNA ended their line. I honestly think a small run of Figma or Figuarts would be beneficial for NJPW though. They wouldn't be huge sellers but there's an audience for it.
>>
>>6423892
There were some statues made of Okada and Nakamura a few years ago.
>>
>>6424338
There was also a line of figures from Charapro/Mogura House that were essentially all the older names from the 90's; Inoki, Maeda, Liger etc. They also made figures for AJPW (including Baba & Abby who commands a hefty price nowadays) NOAH, as well as RINGS, Pancrase and the like. They were pretty limited with movement but there was also a line of GI Joe style figures that looked kinda shit. Charapro/Mogura House lost the license in 2007 and no one's since made any more figures.
>>
File: Jushin Liger titles.jpg (21KB, 210x284px) Image search: [Google]
Jushin Liger titles.jpg
21KB, 210x284px
>>6423208

I've been begging for NJPW Figmas for years. Especially since Good Smile have made Nendroids of Tanahashi, Tenzan and Kojima before as well as those statues of Nakamura and Okada.

The upcoming Chono one gives me hope. I really hope that means they'll make a Muta one next. hell, you could make an entire line out of Muta due to all his awesome looking designs over the years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZea3mbLVF8

>>6423453

A Liger with all the fixings would be so great. Entrance cape and all.
>>
File: 1448470994768.jpg (444KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448470994768.jpg
444KB, 1000x800px
>>6423431

Naito is arguably the most over guy in NJPW and all the Los Igobernables de Japon gear is selling close to Bullet Club levels.
They'd definitely put him in before Makabe whose position has been much less important after Ishii established himself as the toughest son of a bitch in the company.
>>
>>6426249
Makabe had crossover appeal in Japan. Tana has stated Makabe gets recognized for his work on tv more than Tana himself does in public
>>
>>6426249
Regardless of how he's used, Makabe is one of the most popular NJPW stars in Japan due to his appearances in media outside of wrestling.
>>
>>6426252

Oh yeah, I forgot about his cooking show stuff and those weird Japanese panel shows.
Still, it's pretty obvious that Ishii has taken his spot on the roster nowadays. Especially since he's back in full singles again and not fooling around with Toru Yano.
>>
>>6423208

Imagine a Kenny Omega toy if he manages to keep the momentum he has going now.
Those shits would be stocked at Hot Topics across the US considering the thunderous success the Bullet Club merch has been.

It'd have to be a Nendroid or god forbid Funko Pop though cause normies ain't gonna buy a Figma
>>
File: tiger guds.jpg (127KB, 920x651px) Image search: [Google]
tiger guds.jpg
127KB, 920x651px
>>6423208

Does this count?
>>
>>6426455
>ACH & Kota Ibushi got figures
>Okada being this buried
Eh, sorta? I thought Ibushi's run as Tiger Mask was fun for it was, aside from all the fans bitching that he should unmask. Preordered Tiger Mask and I can't wait for it to come.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.