[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/DST/ Dollar Store Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: JustAnInnocentToy.jpg (51KB, 750x444px) Image search: [Google]
JustAnInnocentToy.jpg
51KB, 750x444px
Dollar Store toys...are they ever worth it?
>>
>>6416394
Perfect for kids of people you don't know well but are obligated to buy presents for. Especially in large families.
>>
File: boot1.jpg (837KB, 1250x828px) Image search: [Google]
boot1.jpg
837KB, 1250x828px
>>6416394
Yes, for a laugh.
>>
Depends on the reason why you're buying them. I found some scaled-up M.A.R.S. Heroes KOs that worked perfectly to divert my nephew away from my collection. Didn't bother me in the least when the little shit found a way to break the hands on them.

While the actual figures can be trash, sometimes the accessories they come with can be pretty decent.

More recently, I found foam ninja stars for nerfing. I also found foam suction tip darts which weren't too bad, either.

The crappy role-play sets can be useful for making a cheap Halloween costume to go bar-hopping.

So in those ways, dollar store toys are worth it. If you're looking to collect, then no.
>>
>>6416394
The Evilstick is well worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZctu0y8JY
>>
I went to two dollar stores during my winter & fall semesters while searching for foam dart blasters. Dollar general had Zuru and Buzz Bee, Family Dollar just has a fuckton of Snapfires.

Every other blaster I found was generic cheap shit. Dollar Store stuff is worth buying if it's a cheaper product/model from a name brand.
>>
>>6417124
I have some ninjas with the same body.
>>
>>6416394
i'm guessing they are probably worth about a dollar
>>
Some of my local dollar stores sell scout class Transformers.
>>
>>6417124
Hah, I just bought that set for the dumbbell and ladder. The heads seem a bit big for 1:18 figures, I might've dremeled them out for a headswap otherwise.
>>
File: IMG_3513.jpg (87KB, 700x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3513.jpg
87KB, 700x303px
Everything at the dollar store is shit, but I still check every chance I get in hopes I'll find something like this
>>
>>6425620
me too. all i get are those generic multicolored ninjas, and those aliens that look like the Destroy All Humans one. I even live near a downtown and chinatown
>>
I think dollar store toys can be worth it. They're a pretty good source of cheap accessories.

>>6425620
And of course you can sometimes strike gold like this. Although in my experience stuff like this is found more often at big lots, tuesday morning, or random gift shops ran by asians.
>>
Sometimes. Dollar Stores are infamous for action figures/accessories that are neither 1:18 nor 1:12- something in-between. However, I've been able to find some nicely made 1:15 scale rifles (like M-16s, and a Thompson) and the folding chairs that come with the wrestling figs are worth $1.00 by themselves. I keep the accessories, and donate the figures to the Goodwill. Win/win.
>>
>>6425757
aint that the truth. My brother in law hosts gigantic D&D parties and would find the best weapon packs that fit his figure scale.
>>
File: xZN4s1h.jpg (117KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
xZN4s1h.jpg
117KB, 960x720px
>>
Why do these things always say "A wonderful welcome home gift for the kids" do Taiwanese people give their kids gifts every time they come home?
>>
>>6425847
when they come home from doctorschool after 12 years it's tradition to host big party with wonderful gift
>>
>>6425846
Did u buy it?
>>
I used to regularly go and buy them for laughs but it's been years and I gave them away. My favorite was an expandable snake you put in water. It had these flavor text boxes on the front that said "GROW TO OVER 6 FEET!" "JUST ADD WATER!" and my personal favorite "DO NOT SWALLOW!"
>>
>>6417208
I genuinely feel bad for that store owner, because you know that he bought a palette of those things thinking that they were fairy wands or something, and now he's stuck with some sick, Chinese fuckery. But, he can't do anything but sell them all, so he can get his investment back. This is just bad all around.
>>
>>6417208
TOPKEK
>>
>>6417208
I'd take them all if he has problems selling them
>>
>>6437097
On the contrary, merch like that is cheap and he may have gotten in in a random shipment with other shit (I strongly think so, manager's don't personally inspect every item they sell and choose) and in today's society, he could have just bought them all himself and use the ensuing e-fame to resell them online for more. Hell even at $2 a pop he's doubled his investment.
>>
File: 251942.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
251942.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
Local dollar tree always has hot wheels and other off brand cars.

Also I've found furniture that scalles with nendo/cu-poche.

I've noticed Yokai Watch merch keeps popping up. I've picked up several plush and figures from the series. Gave them to a toddler and he calls them Space cat, fire cat, robo cat, etc....

And the rest is for silly fun. I did buy a whale bubble machine. It works surprisingly well for a dollar store toy.
>>
File: 1474674796967.jpg (318KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1474674796967.jpg
318KB, 1024x701px
>>
>>6437160
which one is Space cat?
>>
I buy $1 toys for the cheap LED gimmicks. Decent way to get electronic parts.
>>
>>6447061
Koma-San is space cat.
>>
>>6445511
>>6425620
Dollar Tree employee here, this stuff is more likely to be found at a Flea Market than our stores.
Our toys are 90% shit, 5% stuff small children can't tell is shit, and 5% decent stuff.
My store has some 80's TMNT keychains, some left over Yokai Watch plushies, and some little Disney villain figurines.
Right now, the thing I'm lusting after most is the DC string dolls in the gumball machines at the front. There's too much penny crap in there for me to justify trying much. I'm hoping the guy that collects the money and has the keys will come by when I'm on shift soon so I can just give him the money and dig one or two out.
We got fidget spinners on the truck last week, but they sold out while I was stocking paper plates and towels.

On an unrelated note, the Christian ABC books are the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen. Motherfuckers come with a sing-along CD, but it only goes up to V. Fuckers couldn't afford the last four letters I guess.
>>
>>6448662
do you get 10% off stuff for working there?
>>
>>6448778
No, in the paperwork you have to read after you're hired, there's a line like "Because Dollar Tree offers such great values, you don't need an employee discount!"
>>
>>6417208
God damn it China...
it's brilliant really
>>
>>6448662
So uh... what's the life a dollar store employee like?
>>
>>6448834
Not horrible. They give me enough hours so that I actually get paid a decent amount, and the only bad part is when I have to explain to a customer, usually some entitled boomer, that this isn't a restaurant and that you have to buy food before you eat it.
Even the literally retarded people that come in here know better.
>>
>>6448918
I feel like there's some good transgressive fiction in there somewhere probably not for /toy/ but still.
Also fuck boomers.
>>
File: mh.jpg (181KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
181KB, 375x500px
hell yeah they're worth it
>>
>>6425846

The legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R_r0KgBf7I
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.