[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Machine Robo/Gobots thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 15

File: mrgb.jpg (295KB, 2510x1109px) Image search: [Google]
mrgb.jpg
295KB, 2510x1109px
Machine Robo/Gobots reboot thread. They just updated to post some color shots of Missiletank Robo and Shuttle Robo coming in August. Plus they are apparently launching another, larger scale 'DX' ine that's more toy accurate starting with Bike Robo. Does anyone still care about the line? I don't hear any buzz in the usual circles about it. Are they going to make it to the bigger designs?
>>
File: br.jpg (81KB, 480x665px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
81KB, 480x665px
Larger Bike Robo DX
>>
These guys scream Maketoys's combiner.
>>
File: sr.jpg (229KB, 2048x1486px) Image search: [Google]
sr.jpg
229KB, 2048x1486px
>>
>>6411057
>Shuttle Robo
OK, now we're talking. That's the one I've been waiting for.
>>
>>6411047
Honestly I think so many of these look great, and I would love to get into the line, but fuck man, I just can't bring myself to drop like $50 on such a small and simple figure.
>>
no Turbo or Red space ship ones yet?
>>
where can I download all past machine robo manga and anime?

is there a database of all released machine robo toys? it's so hard to track them down.
>>
I'm still hoping for the Devil Invaders. The combiner was probably one of the best things in the line.
>>
Still waiting for the scooter.
>>
File: mr0702.jpg (83KB, 630x960px) Image search: [Google]
mr0702.jpg
83KB, 630x960px
I gave up a little bit after the first three figures (thank fuck Bike Robo got delayed and I canceled my preorder), but I might swoop Missiletank Robo. I wish they didn't have diecast or come with those modular bases so they could be cheaper. Hopefully Turbo and Blue Jet are next.
>>
>>6411047
Oh cool, they're still working on this line? I was worried they put it out to pasture given how long it's been since we've had any news about it.
>>
File: DSC_0066.jpg (4MB, 3149x2044px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0066.jpg
4MB, 3149x2044px
>>6411719
I was worried that too, but I'm super happy that they're still going.

I really hope to see all the awesome prototypes come to fruition. I'd also love to see them continue into the more odd vehicles, like city buses or submarines.
>>
>>6411590

There's really nothing substantial as far as the toys go. Can't help you with the other media. What's out are these 6 releases:

Bike Robo
Rod Drill
Eagle Robo
Battle Robo
Mixer Robo
Blackbird Robo

You can find them on some toy sites and that's all there is. Missiletank Robo and Shuttle Robo in August. Everything else are just prototype teasers. Plus the bigger DX line.

>>6411082
This is exactly how I feel about the diaclone reboot. Machine Robo is doable since I've bought some third party stuff, but the diaclone line is just nuts.
>>
>>6412188

man, thanks for the reply. it's such a good toy line.

any idea how many toys are there in the MR rescue line?

care to share more about the 3rd party MR?
>>
File: crash.jpg (63KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
63KB, 960x635px
>>6412521

I should have specified I bought third party transformers who have a higher price point than official stuff usually. Third party machine robo are basically just repaints and slight remolds of transfomers characters that sort of work. DX9 did repaints of their Mirage to Crasher and Wreck-Gar to Cy-Kill. Xtransbots Wheelie was turned into Turbo and they changed one of their Pipes into one of the trucks.

As a side note, the designers for this Machine Robo line have worked on third party Transformers before. Jezai-Toys is notable for his work on the good Function X releases from Fansproject and one of the guys that did a lot of Maketoy's/Fansprojects combiners and the Manga Mech Tailgate has also made a few bots like Eagle Robo. You can feel the similar touch from the designer, but most obvious is that Eagle Robo shares the same hand design with MT/FP Combiner limbs.
>>
>>6412587
wow, i didn't know all these. how did you get up to date?
>>
File: blackbirb.jpg (180KB, 916x1268px) Image search: [Google]
blackbirb.jpg
180KB, 916x1268px
I'm trying to play catch up. Did they end up changing this headsculpt and deco for Blackbird robo? I can't find anything about a different release or version from the silver headed one.
>>
I see. I'm new to this stuff too so can't help you on that.
>>
Missile Tank and Shuttle are both up for pre order. Not really feeling Missile Tank, but I'm thinking I'll grab Shuttle.
>>
I got Rod Dril and I love the little dude. I'll probably grab Eagle Robo sooner or later along with Shuttle Robo and Missletank Robo. Really want that Train Robo/Loco along with Blue Jet. From the stuff they haven't shown off yet more of the unconventional dudes like Spoons, Tux, Royal T, and Road Ranger.
>>
>>6417450
No, black head version was a prototype.

Also, got my preorder for Blaster in. Not sure if I want to double up on Spacy yet though.
>>
Why are these $45 each?
They look like Hasbro deluxes.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>tfw every machine robo uses diecast extensively
d-damn you action toys
>>
>>6420486

This. Especially since they're using lots balljoints and pins.
>>
File: baseeee.jpg (604KB, 1434x960px) Image search: [Google]
baseeee.jpg
604KB, 1434x960px
>>6420449
Diecast, limited availability, boutique designers (Jizai Toys to name one)... oh and these giant modular bases that come packed with every figure for some reason.
>>
Preorders up
>>
>>
>>6420540
>>6420537

These latest two scream the make maketoys more than the others.
>>
File: quanted.jpg (192KB, 1920x773px) Image search: [Google]
quanted.jpg
192KB, 1920x773px
>>6420588

I had a stroke but get bring myself to delete dubs. Both of these guys scream the maketoys designer is behind them.
>>
Where the fuck is Spoons?
>>
>>6420537
>>6420540

I want to love these but they just have that slightly cheap, "off" third-party look to them. Maybe it's the plastic.
>>
File: amored.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
amored.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
Don't you die on me thread.

I want want of these, but the plain jane is appealing compared to how busy the loaded out version is. IIRC the armored Pro Truck Racer is black, while tough trailer is blue.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.