[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the trash, my money goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: thanks man.jpg (49KB, 663x601px) Image search: [Google]
thanks man.jpg
49KB, 663x601px
>Meets someone who can repaint a figure
>Promises that the colors will stay on the figure
>Buys figure and sends it to him
>Later
>The repaint gets shattered at the slightest manipulation
>Gets a refund
>It's less than 1/10 of the whole issue ( new figure + repaint)
>"Sorry. I can give you no more."

Well @#$% me in the $%#, daddy.
>>
>>6407322
>having to pay someone for paint

LUL wow.
>>
File: 1495364884799.jpg (46KB, 350x406px) Image search: [Google]
1495364884799.jpg
46KB, 350x406px
>>6407322
You should really look into painting tips in the future, and do it yourself man. Gunpla thread can probably help you out a lot. It sucks that you got hosed, but, in the future, do it yourself man. Painting isn't that bad, so long as you look at tutorials and get good materials.

Still, sorry you got hosed, man. If it was someone that does it as a profession, make sure to point them out so others no to steer clear.
>>
>>6407322
>falling for the customizer meme and not just doing it yourself since you wanted a repaint badly enough to pay for it
>>
When you start painting your own figs OP remember this one piece of advice:

NO MATTER WHAT ANY AUTIST ON 4CHAN SAYS, DO NOT THIN YOUR PAINTS!!! It's the whole reason your figure flaked off in the first place, mixing paint with water is cancer, especially if you drink it.
>>
>>6407322
show pics of the fine work done
>>
>>6407322
OP, who was it?
>>
>>6407362
Don't listen to tardasaurus rex over here. If you thin your paints correctly, sand down the joints as well as the connecting parts, all you have to do is apply some matte varnish and yourpaint job will be fine
>>
File: tumblr_n7a2j36vF71rpjjrio2_400.gif (1MB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7a2j36vF71rpjjrio2_400.gif
1MB, 350x240px
>>6407415
This. At least help everyone by making your mistake a cautionary tale to others.
>>
>>6407362
>>6407420
First of all, OP's figure for sure lacked primer which helps paint grip.
Secondly to flake like that theres no way a protective sealing was done.

So there you go. Painting more thin layers wouldnt have hurt though. either properly topcoat the shit or just sand/primer it well. either makes a world of difference.

Also learn some custom skills OP, you'll fuck up the first couple times of course but it goes a long way.
>>
File: 20170706_195604.jpg (907KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_195604.jpg
907KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20170706_195830.jpg (328KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_195830.jpg
328KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>6407465
>>6407468
Why did you need this painted?
>>
File: FIG-IPN-0806_01.jpg (60KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-IPN-0806_01.jpg
60KB, 533x800px
>>6407470
Because.
>>
>>6407473
I'm not >>6407470, but I still don't see why you needed it painted. Who did you pay to customize it?
>>
>>6407473
Couldn't you just get a cheap Ultimate gohan and use that body?
>>
>>6407465
Wait, isn't that the sdcc variant? Why would you try to get that customized?
>>
>>6407473

Ask him what kind of paint he used. If you're unhappy with it now, and he used acrylics, you can just submerge it in water for 24 hours and acrylic will be gone. It would be wise to swap waters every few hours to avoid dying it very slightly though.

In the future, if you need to have this repainted, I would recommend a few things, and this is coming from a model fag so please just take my word for it and if you don't, well at least I tried.

1. The only paints suitable for poseable figures is lacquer. The reason for this being, it's the 'hardest' of the paints and will rarely chip. It's so firm a chemical grip that when you fuck up painting, you typically have to sand the paint away.

2. This guy used one color (by the looks of it) and obviously had either never done this or doesn't have an airbrush. A guy with an airbrush, given the lacquer paint, could do this jumpsuit in about 2 hours if you did 2 coats for everything. You need to pick a base coat color and a highlight color.

3. Seal it with a clear coat if you plan on moving it much. This is a must, 2 coats of matte or semi-matte, you don't want it being compromised.

In the future, I hope you have a better go at this. I would recommend going onto Twitch (yes, I know) and having it painted by someone there who's work you can see an observe come to completion that way you can gauge how good they are first hand.

Anyway, i'm sorry about your figure anon.
>>
>>6407478
He could've
Not sure why he went through the trouble of getting someone to paint it rather than just buying that
>>
>>6407499
>>6407478
Because I'm a dumbass.

>>6407482
I asked him to paint the normal version so that it looks like the SDCC.
>>
Also yeah, he used acrylics.

>>6407490 suggested a way to remove the colors.
>>
Did you have TJ Dukett do this?
>>
Yeha, who did you hire to customize this? do they use instagram or anything? Shame them.
>>
File: smeZ3.gif (490KB, 220x166px) Image search: [Google]
smeZ3.gif
490KB, 220x166px
>>6407362
>thinning paint with water
>>
>>6407490
submerging it in simple green too for even just an hour and a half will b enough, then rinsing with water to remove too.

I hope this guy is referring to spray lacquer, its near impossible to handpaint unless thinned to oblivion. acrylic sealed with say a tamiya spray clear coat is also fine, for the record.
>>
If you want the SDCC Goku that badly I will just sell you mine.
>>
File: golden flow release.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
golden flow release.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>6407593
90% alcohol diluted by a third of water makes a great thinner.
OR a few dribbles of this (which also contains water) to make a 1:3 ratio of release to water

All thinners contain water, but some dummies here like to buy their stuff ready made and don't know what's in their thinners.

Also, you have to have some really shit quality water if it's causing it to flake. Like, seriously heavy water that will dilute your IQ just for drinking it.
>>
>>6407322
>Promises that the colors will stay on the figure
if you believe this, I have a bridge to sell to you.
>>
>>6407549
seconded this, I need to know who this mothafucka is so I can block him.
>>
>>6407362
Thats miniature painting advice.
>>
>>6407476
he's probably autistic about the shade of orange, forgetting that super saiyan gives the clothing a lighter shade
>>
>>6408035
>90% alcohol diluted by a third of water makes a great thinner.
No it doesnt. Different paints call for different formulas, but any thinner that's just solvent isn't any good. Paints get diluted because as is obvious the binder proportions are reduced as you add solvent. A proper thinner should have extra binder, typically just clear medium of whatever paint it is, so the paint doesn't go to shit. Many commercial thinners do have binder content, like am acrylic thinner might be some parts alcohol, some part distilled water, and some part acrylic clear base so the paint doesn't lose too much content. That's why people use stuff like Future acrylic in their thinner formulas
>>
File: liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>6408432
>derp
While you're right that different paints require different ratios of thinner, you're either buying shit paints or don't realize that practically every hobby paint is meant to be thinned down. Quality brands formulate their paints so there's extra pigment and binder to compensate for the thinner you're going to use.

Those brand thinners? They're bilking you.
Brands that already come pre-thinned? Bilking you even more.

Mediums like this exist for those special cases where you desire different effects that aren't possible just using your normal pots and thinner.
>>
Unless you have factory tools, no paint application will be as durable and stress resistant as the factory coat.
>>
>>6407465
Wow you're a fucking retard
That figure goes for around $300 and you got it painted??? Just paint the $30 non exclusive version
>>
>>6409247
Wait nevermind lol. I read the rest and that is what you did. Would have been a good job if it didn't chip
>>
>>6407322
Did you use ebay or paypal?
If you're unhappy with the refund open a case.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.