[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ninja Turtle General: Secret of the Ooze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 62

File: Raph.jpg (161KB, 698x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Raph.jpg
161KB, 698x1024px
So it's been a while since the last Ninja turtle general thread died, I figured it's a good time to start a new one. Discuss anything Ninja Turtle toys here.

New Releases: The latest (and perhaps final) wave on Ninja Turtles is out, this one featuring Usagi Yojimbo! Playmates, in their infinite wisdom, decided to make Usagi (the most heavily coveted figure of the wave) one per case.

Also out is the NECA 1/4th scale Turtles based on their first live-action film adaptations. All but Michelangelo are out, and Mikey is due out in September

Coming Soon: The NECA SDCC box set is due to be shipped out around July 20 for anyone who got a set during the online sale. Also, if you're going to SDCC this is your only chance to get the set for non-rape prices. For everyone else? Good luck on eBay, is all I can say.

Also out are some lovely, but more expensive figures by Mondo, who are releasing 1/6th scale figures of the turtles based on their original comic appearance. Currently, only Leonardo and a Mouser two-pack have been released. The next release is Donatello.

Also, if you're a fan of 1/6th scale, ThreeZERO is releasing a line of the four turtles and Rocksteady and Bebop from the "Out of the Shadows" movie. They are due for release this year, but ThreeZERO is pretty notorious for their delays, so they will probably get pushed back.
>>
>>6406923
wow, thanks anon. a lot of good info
>>
season 5 the last TMNT?
>>
>>6406923
>Coming Soon: The NECA SDCC box set is due to be shipped out around July 20 for anyone who got a set during the online sale. Also, if you're going to SDCC this is your only chance to get the set for non-rape prices. For everyone else? Good luck on eBay, is all I can say.
I'll just get the bootleg just like with every Neca TMNT set that has released
>>
>>6406973
legit question, are the bootleg versions good enough?
>>
Good April O'Neil figure when?
>>
>>6407004
people have said good things about them.

Of course that only applies to the bootlegged set that has been released, not to a hypothetical bootleg to an official set that isn't even released yet
>>
>>6407014
...maybe next year, when NECA gets to release another extremely limited set?

I would say Figuarts could potentially make a really good April, but I don't see her being a likely candidate for Figuarts.
>>
did any one bought the TMNT Funko Playmobil?
saw them at target and the paint quality was really bad. the green paint went over the blue paint, noticeable gaps on wrist.
>>
Should I get a first gokin shredder to go with my figuarts turtles or is he too big?
>>
>>6408267
I don't own him, but I have seen pics with him next to the Revoltech turtles. He appears to be nearly twice their size. So that would probably make him a bit taller than the Turtles, but not so tall he'd be out of scale. No, I think he'd look good with him
>>
>>6408658

> a bit taller than the Figuarts turtles

>with him
I meant with them

Jesus, what's wrong with me today
>>
>>6407976
fukno and gaymobil are match made in their own heaven
>>
File: Gathrokka_360.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Gathrokka_360.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>6406950
yup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(2012_TV_series)_(season_5)#cite_ref-3
latest ep brings back Salamandrians; still disappointed with the Newtralizer figure Playmates made but would have bought a G'throkka remold anyway
>>
>>6408878
that sucks.
I'm sure they won't make another movie
whats next for the turtles?
I hope a gritty, dark and violent turtle would be nice. make the foot solider human and see Leo and ralph go to town with their weapon. a lot of blood and limbs flying
>>
>>6411685
Most likely we are getting a Teen Titans GO-esque show for the reboot...
>>
>>6406923
Man, those Mondos look so good. I wish they were easier on the wallet.
>>
>>6413892

Really? They look like crap from all the reviews I've seen. Really rough sculpts. Not worth the money at all.
>>
>>6413895
I should have said "that single Mondo in OP's picture looks so good", although I also thought the production shots of Leonardo I saw looked good. If they suck it's actually good for me because I can just stick to the, like, five sets of turtles I already have/want.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 765x601px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 765x601px
Well, fuck you too TRU. Not like I wanted to give you 300 dollars anyways.
>>
File: Foot-Clan_01[1].jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_01[1].jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
>>6408267
Way too big, my man. The Figuarts would be as tall as the First Gokin Shredder's waist. You'd be better off waiting for the Figuarts Shredder or a bootleg of the upcoming Neca version.
>>
>>6413895
I know to me its not that good, just big.
plus NECA did a better job
>>
>>6414180
why does toys r ur jack up their prices
>>
>>6414321
best shredder yet
hopefully the helmet comes off
>>
>>6414911
to be fair, you do get it shipped for free, which can't be said for most other places that sell those turtles
>>
>>6414911
Because that's what TRU lives to do. They have their "bump up" program, too, so they seem happy to just push prices as high as they can.

What's real fun is watch the prices on shitty toys that then become the Christmas hit. TRU raises the price on it instantly.
>>
>>6414911
>best shredder yet

There isn't a whole lot of competition, but yeah agreed.

Neca is a godsend. Without them we still wouldn't have a quality 1/12 Shredder figure, and desu the Figuarts looks kind of iffy to me.
>>
>>6413895
>>6413905

...not really sure what that anon is talking about. The reviews of Leonardo I've seen mostly are praising the sculpts and the paintwork.

The main complaints I've seen for these toys are that the joints are "very tight". One reviewer even said you can even hear the joints squeaking when you try to move them for posing purposes.

The other complaint I've seen is that with the joints, Mondo didn't make an effort to "hide the joints" very well, which they could have done using the turtles wristbands/knee pads/ elbow pads, etc.

And to be fair, that does detract from the feel of "realism" from the sculpt, and considering it's such an expensive piece to buy ( even buying just one turtle, nevermind buying all four!) I can completely understand why some people would skip these.

However, I think there are way worse figures of the Turtles out there, and if you want an original comic depiction of your favorite one of the four, I don't think Mondo would be your worst option.

Btw, this review is the main one I refer to, although I looked up several when trying to decide if I wanted to get one of these

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-122316a.htm
>>
>>6415069
long time a go I saw a 20% sale on legos, but the price was as same as target
after the 20% off
>>
>>6416200
true
I was very disappointed with playmates classic turtles, tempted with the Japan toy companies turtles but the price and the sculpts was little off for me. even the nick turtles, for me the joint was annoying. (but I have to say the poseable was very impressive, but for me the sculpt was important. ) the $200 SDCC TMNT was justifiable with the case and 8 figures, the head looks little wide but I can deal with it
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (322KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
322KB, 500x335px
>>6416200
>when the only good Shredders are the three Comic-Con exclusive Shredders, the Figuarts that doesn't even have a release date yet, and a fucking Mega Bloks figure
Goddammit this is inexcusable.
>>
>>6418063
Better than the almost 30 years when the best 80's toon Shredder toys only kind of looked like the character.

I agree it sucks that all the choices are a pain though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTgqiadkPg

The SDCC set looks damn nice. It has far and away the best Shredder figure we've gotten so far.

I'm hoping this is the last time NECA uses these molds. It's time for something new with the next comic con exclusive.
>>
>>6418206
wow, that looks amazing.
hopefully NECA will do bebop and rocksteady.
a decent looking April will be nice too. or the puck frogs, or the Neutrinos. man I can't stop thinking
>>
>>6419231
or a party wagon with full detailed interior with light up function
>>
>>6419231
>>6419233
NECA is pretty much the only game in town when it comes to quality TMNT figures so no matter what they do next they'll most likely get my money.

(1/12 Henson figures pls pls pls)
>>
>>6419355
Uh, SHF turtles, much?
>>
>>6419360
I love the SHF turtles but I wouldn't count on anything else coming from them after Shredder. It's possible, but unlikely.

NECA is the only company producing quality turtle figures on a semi-regular basis.
>>
>>6419355
what happened with the baby turtles, I thought I saw a mutated baby turtles on display few years ago. is Micky the only getting it?
>>
yo if you order the SDCC NECA TMNT
check your email for tracking number
they are sending it out!!!!!!
>>
>>6418206
>The SDCC set looks damn nice
I can't wait for my set to get here. My only gripe is the all-angry headsculpts. I would have happily traded the 4 turtle-coms and grapple-hook for some extra expressions to go with the pizza.

>>6420606
It's best just to ignore trolls, anon.
>>
File: figuarts raph.jpg (269KB, 1133x972px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts raph.jpg
269KB, 1133x972px
I broke out my Figuarts in anticipation of the NECA figures shipping and I forgot how great these figures are. The diecast parts give them a great center of gravity and the articulation is really impressive.

I'm bummed that the NECA Raph doesn't have a place to hold his sai, but not only does Figuarts Raph have a holster, he can even reach behind his back to grab them!

I just wish someone would make a turtles figure with a better ankle rocker. It's a weakness of just about every turtles release so far.
>>
>>6420770
I only need Mike to complete my set, but I haven't opened them yet. Now I want to pose them!
>>
>>6420612
>They're coming out still. 2-pack.
what? do you have more info on that 2 pack?
>>
>>6420770
>he can even reach behind his back to grab them!
holy shit
>>
>>6420770
Pretty sure Neca can store them on the sides. Raph never stored his sais on his back.
>>
>>6420827
>>
>>6420770
Damn, that's some nice posing. Shame I don't care for the face (would have liked smaller eyes and the "crease" down the nose) or the body proportions (there's something weird about them).

100% agreed on the rockers, nobody can seem to get them right for the Turtles. I wish at least one company would put some thought into developing a solution for them.
>>
>>6420770
the darker skin on that picture makes it look better
>>
>>6420770
Yeah, it's just too bad they look as bad as they do. Otherwise they would've been worth the price.
>>
>>6420813

I do not. I think Randy brought it up in one of Pixel Dan's videos last...Toy Fair? I forget. He either said it there or said it on Twitter, but that was the plan for those little guys.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (258KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
258KB, 1600x1200px
This set of NECA comic guys is up on eBay right now, can anyone tell at a glance if they're bootlegs? I'm not sure what to look for.
>>
>>6422114
Donatello features an alternate left hand with spikes on this pic. Only the originals has this accessory. Also, the originals has softer plastic on the laces of bandanas and belts, but obviously only the seller could confirm this feature on his auction.
>>
>>6421195
thanks, ill look it up
>>
>>6422152
>alternate left hand with spikes
the bootlegs looks so good its hard to judge just by the picture, but.just like anon said that left hand is an accessory that comes with the original NECA TMNT
>>
>>6422114
>>6422152
>>6422858
where is the street light post? fire hydrant? the base plate for the turtles?
>>
>>6414911
My favorite part is when Jews R Us has a sale and they mark up Legos %50 and than have a buy one get one sale.
>>
>>6422869
those only came with the rectangular package releases. there were tube ones that included no bases.
>>
>>6422980
what? thanks I didn't know about the tube ones.
I thought all the tube ones were bootleg.
guess I just stoped fallowing the news on it once I got the turtles
>>
File: 91rH22o2onL._SL1500_.jpg (308KB, 776x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91rH22o2onL._SL1500_.jpg
308KB, 776x1500px
is this any good?
I only have the turtles and the price on this is not bad for an SDCC exclusive
>>
>>6423297
It's not bad. The V joint at the crotch sucks, but everything else is pretty serviceable. It's definitely the best April figure we've gotten so far.
>>
>>6423297

Yes! Very good figure, and she's got those great Mousers.
>>
>>6423730
>>6423747
I really like the face, and it scales grate with the turtles.
>>
File: figuarts leo.jpg (177KB, 1366x604px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts leo.jpg
177KB, 1366x604px
People seemed to like the Raph pics so I figured I'd try a few more with Figuarts Leo.

I don't blame anyone for giving these a pass because of the price, but the diecast parts are a dream for anyone that likes to pose their figures. I got Leo to stay in kneeling and walking poses without much effort.
>>
>>6426226
every time I see an figuarts TMNT, I feel like I'm missing out. so only raph and Leo has die cast parts right? is it on their legs?
that Leo looks so good with dark lighting. their skin tone was too bright for me. leo's side profile looks amazing, thanks for sharing anon
>>
>>6426300
All the turtles are constructed with diecast parts in the exact same way. IIRC the diecast is from the knees down.
>>
>>6426300
I'll be honest with you, I still have yet to pull the trigger on them but got to play with them at a Tamashii Event in Asia a while back before they got released. They let you pose it around and even change the accessories. They're much nicer in person and have got some heft to them. Really well made toys of the cartoon TMNT.
>>
>>6426226
nice photos. If you get the whole set, I'd like to see your team pics
>>
File: necatmnt.jpg (591KB, 1348x1008px) Image search: [Google]
necatmnt.jpg
591KB, 1348x1008px
Just got my NECA set in. Both Leo and Mikey are cross-eyed. Mikey's not too bad, but Leo looks terrible.
>>
>>6426934
Wow, that sucks. Sorry anon.

Getting lousy QC on a single figure you can look at before you buy is one thing, but buying a 200 dollar set sight unseen should warrant a little more care put into it.
>>
>>6426934
That suuuuucks, but I'm actually not surprised by this. After seeing the early in-hand photos on Fwoosh and Pixel-Dan's review, I had a sneaking suspicion that those guys got the luck of the draw...
>>
>>6426934
Buy a white and a black paint-pen and fix it yourself.
>>
>>6426429
thanks for the info
>>
>>6426469
saw display at barns and noble. almost did an impulse purchase.
>>
>>6426226
>>6420770
yes, do it
>>
>>6426934
Those aren't at all as bad as you're trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>6427073
come on man, its bad
>>
I know this is really slowpoking and everybody is already talking about the new SDCC set but my poorfag ass finally decided to bite on scalper prices and get the NECA NYCC exclusive Mirage Foot Clan set. I've been waiting so long for these figures to release that finally having them in-hand is fantastic.
I wasn't expecting them to have the range of motion they do. Sure the lack of ab crunch isn't the best and the ankle joints can be hard to work with but man, they move like I'd want ninjas to otherwise. The accessories are nice, the paint apps add a lot of comic book-y detail, and I am just so happy to finally have a good Shredder in my collection after so long.

Well worth the bumped up price of admission.
>>6426226
>tfw the paint on your Figuarts Michelangelo's shin scraped surprisingly easily and you sold him because of it
First turtle I get from them and I win the shitty QC lottery.
Still seemed like a nice toy otherwise but that scared me too much to try it again.
>>
>>6427082
Wait, that's them? There's 100% nothing wrong with them there.
>>
>>6427082
I'm betting you don't have the Arcade set. That's exactly how they're supposed to look. They're not crosseyed, it's just an illusion caused by the bandanas.
>>
File: 1500402854611.jpg (516KB, 1348x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1500402854611.jpg
516KB, 1348x1008px
>>6427086
the left pupils are little big and off center
mine is out for delivery and I'm a little worry
>>
>>6427088
no I do not. hope I'm wrong and its just a illusion due to the angle of the head
>>
>>6426934
hey anon, any more picture?
>>
>>6427097
Thats all? That's like...nothing. they're still facing forward even. I don't know why you would be freaking out about something so miniscule.

Here I thought you were on about Playmate's level of pupils....that? That's harmless. Come on.
>>
File: tmntneca2.jpg (514KB, 1259x1259px) Image search: [Google]
tmntneca2.jpg
514KB, 1259x1259px
>>6427027
I'm going to have to. Or, rather, get a friend to do it because my hands are like the fucking Waco Kid's. But, like the other anon was saying, I expected a little better from such a limited set.

Do people not realize that the guy posting the production stills isn't me? You can argue about how bad it is, but it's certainly not great. Leo's left eye is painted all the way to the right.

>>6427104
I'm terrible at posing, but I can post some more later if you want.

I tried to get a similar pose to the figuarts anon's, but the heads don't really have much downward movement.
>>
>>6427140
nah, you're doing good.
yes anon, please do post more, ill be seeing mine late afternoon due to work.
>>
>>6427140
just by the production picture my disappointment is the ankle movement.
the limited head movement is a bummer but how awesome is that shredder, cool pic anon
>>
can someone with photoshop skills delete their pupils?
I'm just curious how they look
>>
File: Ninja-Turtles_09.jpg (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Turtles_09.jpg
961KB, 1920x1080px
>>6427235
forgot pic
>>
File: test.jpg (1MB, 1893x1080px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
1MB, 1893x1080px
>>6427238
>>
>>6427263
thanks, not a good idea I guess.
hopefully ill get lucky and don't have to repaint it
>>
>>6427263
Doesn't match the cartoon aesthetic but I think it looks cool.
>>
>>6427073
>>6427088

Nah senpai, they range. Stolen from the NECA facebook group. I have two sets and they both look different.
>>
>>6426934
>>6427082
I'm sorry this happened. I should be getting mine Thursday. Wish me luck.
>>
File: IMG_0624.jpg (203KB, 1228x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0624.jpg
203KB, 1228x806px
What does /toy/ think of the DreamEx turtles? I gather they are 1/6 scale.
>>
File: tmntneca4.jpg (596KB, 1323x988px) Image search: [Google]
tmntneca4.jpg
596KB, 1323x988px
>>6427407
Good luck. Man, I love these figures.
>>
>>6427417
I'd get one but 1/6 scale
>>
>>6427399
what the fuck is going on with Mikey looks like he's on drugs
>>
>>6427417
They look pretty cool, but not $800 cool. At least they don't have pupils to ruin.

>>6427433
You have autism.
>>
>>6426934
so I just got mine, the pupils doesn't look good
my Don looks just like your Leo, and Raph looks like your Mikey
wtf NECA.
the eyes are pissing me off but holding these toys makes me happy, they smell nice too
>>
File: L.png (449KB, 713x469px) Image search: [Google]
L.png
449KB, 713x469px
>>6427458
the blue paint went in to Leo's eye but looks ok.
>>
File: M.png (421KB, 632x503px) Image search: [Google]
M.png
421KB, 632x503px
>>6427458
Mikey got that smirky looks going one
>>
>>6427464
That looks terrible.

>>6427469
That looks okay at least.
>>
>>6427027
would gundam marker work?
the bandanas are soft rubber I think I can do it
>>
>>6406923
Did Muckman even hit the East Coast, and is their a possibility for muck man to be in other assortments?
>>
>>6411685
Nope we are getting a more child oriented show next year with Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Keep your eyes open this ddcc as we might see some of the show revealed and also if Playmates does one last wave of TMNT 2012.
>>
>>6427489
>>6427511
if I push down Mikey's bandana it goes down and covers the black line and it looks normal. and I kinda like the raised eyebrow look.
in Leo case the paint that bleed into his eye bothers me, I can justify my self and call it aesthetic, that he's twitching his eye.
so with M and L I can live with it. I can try
but don and raph really bothers me. the pupils location is not asymmetrical.
so its something I'm considering to get it fixed.
like I said, the eyes are pissing me off but holding the turtles and the villains makes me smile, and the smell takes me back to child hood.
I'm happy with my purchase, I'm just glad its not worst.
paint is an easy fix.
>>
>>6406923
So since Playmates is ending their Ninja Turtles line this year and won't start putting out new toys for the new show until later next year is their anyway for Neca to sneak some 6 inch figures into stores.
>>
File: 20170719_134310.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170719_134310.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Thanks NECA, you worthless pieces of shit.
>>
>>6428685
Contact NECA's customer service. They'll probably send you the missing part.
>>
>>6428685
That's a much easier fix than the poor bastard's with fucked up eyes, just contact their customer service account on twitter and they'll send you a new hand.

Kinda glad I passed now, knowing my luck my set would've been all fucked up. Figuarts will have to make due for now.
>>
>>6428707
I tried this for almost 6 months of twitter messages and while the customer service guy seemed friendly he literally said "Once we get defects or returns in our warehouse I'll send you that part ASAP!" and the chances of these SDCC sets getting returned are so slim that you have even less of a chance to get a corrected part.
>>
My tracking status has been on "Shipping Label Created" for the past week.

Fucking NECA! Same shit happened with my Vasquez order. It was stuck on that status for a month and had to contact them through Paypal complaint to get shit moving.

Worst warehouse operations for any toy distributors.
>>
>>6427464
>>6427469
>>6426934
>>6428685
>both SDCC Arcade sets and the NYCC Mirage set were amazingly well done with nary a QC issue in sight
>this happens
Makes me wonder if these came out of a different factory or something.
>>
>>6428728
Sorry to hear that, man. If you're on Facebook, you can send them messages directly. They typically respond within a day or so, and I've seen people already post about issues they've had with this particular set. Its worth a shot anyway.
>>
im surprised my shredder eyes are good.
krang's eye is little off center but only noticeable when looking up close, (drilled eye ball) so left eye looks bigger then right eye
and the robot leg sits flat. thank god
but wait theres more!
all the turtles eyes are fucked up.
the thing that makes me angry is my Leonardo left eye ball is sticking out far more then his right eye ball.
and all the turtles upper left front chest plate has a paint scratch on the side as if they cut off the mole at that location.
I'm starting to think maybe I should have pass on the SDCC and just bought the 1/4 turtles
>>
>Slash, Traag, and Granitor before Bebop and Rocksteady
Wow color me surprised.
Not that I'm complaining considering how little merch any of these characters have.
>>
>>6431401
idk that pixelated paint looks bad on those rock soldiers...
Instead of making these i would rather love having a perfect Stockman-Fly figure. Or a Triceraton.
>>
>>6431401
YES! I no longer regret missing out on the arcade 4-packs
>>
>>6431568
But these would match the arcade 4 packs.
>>
>>6431401
Wow, that Slash looks really good.
>>
File: nOJ2G3c.jpg (222KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nOJ2G3c.jpg
222KB, 1200x1200px
Mixing human actor faces with the turtles was a mistake unless you really wanted a Bill Murray turtle.
>>
File: SDCC-2017-NECA-Thurs-026[1].jpg (104KB, 1362x2048px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2017-NECA-Thurs-026[1].jpg
104KB, 1362x2048px
This line tempts me so badly. I hate the scale but fuuuuuuck
>>
>>6431831
how hard would it be to swap on normal turtle heads
>>
File: 1483275709548.jpg (82KB, 319x541px) Image search: [Google]
1483275709548.jpg
82KB, 319x541px
>>6431401
>figuarts line dead
>figuarts shredder stuck in proto hell
>neca train keeps on rolling
>>
>>6432010
Depends, these might be that weird 6 inch scale like the WWE Turtles.
>>
>>6431831

Could be worse.

Could've been the Fembusters.
>>
>>6431970
Downscale fucking when!?
>>
Thoughts on DreamEx Turtles?

I've been collecting Donatello figures and I'm looking at this one in particular.
>>
>>6432050
They are

>During a panel at San Diego Comic Con, Playmates revealed crossover figures, the Ninja Ghostbusters. Each figure is six inches in size with full articulation, and will be packaged with the familiar Ghostbusters equipment, as well as a unique ghost accessory for each Turtle.

>The figures are planned to retail for $19.99 each, and will be a Target exclusive. They are expected to go on sale this fall, and are believed to tie into IDW plublishing's plan to see the Ghostbusters and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cross paths once more in a sequel to 2014's four-part miniseries.
>>
File: dang it.jpg (176KB, 735x735px) Image search: [Google]
dang it.jpg
176KB, 735x735px
>>6426934
>>6427418
>>6427458
>>6427464
>>6427469
>>6428685
It could always be worse. Where do you even go to talk to NECA customer service? Is there any hope for this? Shredder was the figure I was most excited about in the set.
>>
>>6432254
this guy >>6428685 could have bought two sets and trolling people.
buy you, I feel bad. lets know how it goes.
>>
>>6432254
NECA quite famously has no real customer service department. There is a twitter account they kind of use for one. The only way to reach them is to tweet at them.

Seriously.
>>
>>6432297
I actually just looked on eBay and saw that there are a shit load of loose Shredders for like $50-60. If nothing else I'll just buy one of those, so at least I have a way out. $50 isn't that bad to fix a $200 set if NECA are unresponsive.
>>
File: yellow ass.png (1MB, 850x537px) Image search: [Google]
yellow ass.png
1MB, 850x537px
>>6427083
Okay actually I just noticed something weird on my Foot Elite figure. Under the skirt, his ass is yellowed. It's a very minor QC issue and it took me this long to actually notice after fiddling around with him, but it's an odd one nonetheless.
>>
>>6428685
Typical Neca QC. About 25% of the time I get factory error figures from them. I had two of the same Terminators both arrive with a foot sheered off inside the packaging. I've had Aliens arrive with missing parts or parts not glued on at the factory and Predators with broken spears in the package. So incidents like your's are not an isolated incident.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (362KB, 1675x653px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
362KB, 1675x653px
Well, even with Shredder being fucky this is still the best haul day in recent memory. I didn't plan it so that they would get here on the same day but sometimes it works out nice like that.
>>
saw more Rise of TMNT figures at Target; carded samurai, samurai with horses, baby turtles two-packs, battleshells, and re-releases of the modified original figures
>>
File: mikey.jpg (229KB, 837x1083px) Image search: [Google]
mikey.jpg
229KB, 837x1083px
These SHF guys are all the fun. Having a hard time moving the joints on the NECA guys, been a while since I had a NECA figure.
>>
>>6432254
[email protected]

I was told this is their CS email.
>>
>>6432573
same here, the NECA turtles joint are too tight I was scared to move them, specially the shoulder.
>>
Has anyone got a response yet? I haven't, but I figure things are going to be slower with SDCC going on.
>>
File: img.jpg (347KB, 1224x1224px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
347KB, 1224x1224px
>>6432695
I have them moving now and I don't know which set I like better.
>>
>Tfw waiting on them to ship my turtles still.

Label was made on the 14th. I'm only like 600 miles away from their mailing center, too.
>>
File: IMG_4466.jpg (225KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4466.jpg
225KB, 980x980px
>>6432705
I haven't seen this anywhere, but there's just barely enough give to put Raphael's sais on the front of his belt.
>>
>>6432403
Figuarts look like shit.
>>
>>6431572
yeah but i dont need more raphaels and michaelangelos
>>
>>6433115
At least Bandai actually cares about their product and does a FAR better job with quality control.
>>
File: TMNT-Ghostbusters01__scaled_600.jpg (289KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Ghostbusters01__scaled_600.jpg
289KB, 600x400px
They just revealed this at SDCC.

Something about the hair & eyes on the Turtles freak me out bad.
>>
>>6433355
well that's horrifying
>>
>>6433331
>does a FAR better job with quality control.

Nigga don't you even start, look at the legs on the turtles
>>
>>6431401
Those look like shit. I'll wait for the non-pixelated versions.

Does anyone have the Playmates classics Rocksteady and Bebop and the SDCC turtles? I'd like to see how they look together.
>>
File: DSC_8505ss.png (1MB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8505ss.png
1MB, 1000x665px
>>6432304
Not true. I had to do some digging a couple of years ago, but I got a hold of their customer service email. It took over five months of back and forth, but I eventually got sent a replacement for my broken 24 inch Godzilla and they even let me keep the original.
>>
>>6432403

Damn it if I don't want a cartoon accurate Slash to go with those figuarts.
>>
File: When.jpg (138KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
When.jpg
138KB, 1365x2048px
Still no release date?
>>
NECA finally responded: "I do apologize. We aware of the ongoing issues with your TMNT set, we are currently compiling the information and are working on a solution. Please allow us some time and we will get back to you shortly with a resolution."

Yeah, this set was a clusterfuck of factory errors. What a disappointment.
>>
>>6433512
They didn't even bother to display him or the others this year. Bandai could still release him on a whim but, I think its pretty safe to say its not happening.
>>
>>6433521
thanks for the update anon, I should e mail them just in case
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x1200px
meet ralph selleck
>>
>>6431463

There's still one more figure coming out that they haven't released. All we know it's a villain. Baxter-Fly or Leatherhead seem like the best bets.
>>
>>6434045
I'd say Krang's android body since it's a Dimension X set.
>>
>>6434045
>>6434115
Neutrinos
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRVRrsgRzM

Dan interviewed Randy about NECA's upcoming TMNT slate. It's a good roundup of all the SDCC announcements. Randy confirmed that the Dimension X assortment is a 4 figure set, so one more figure is going to be included that hasn't been shown yet. Randy called it a "Villains of Dimension X" assortment so it's most likely Krang's android body. Randy also confirmed it will be a con exclusive.

The best news IMO is that Randy said, "Our commitment to Ninja Turtles is ongoing", and that they're already working on 2018's con exclusive, which he said is even better than this year's.

I'm so glad NECA's keeping this up. What the hell would TMNT fans even have if NECA hadn't worked out this con exclusive deal with Playmates?
>>
>>6434859
I'm excited about the ooze canister and it lights up? NECA is a god send
trench coat raph is cool but we need an bath tube
>>
>>6434859

I just hate that it's always con exclusive. Fucking Playmates.
>>
>>6427417
I really like them. Has there been any word on the line being continued?
>>
Since we're getting new comic-versions, should I try paiting my NECA turtles bandanas?
>>
File: 2Spky.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2Spky.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>Order one set for my friend's birthday
>NECA sent me two
>I've only been billed once
>>
File: pepe removes mouth.png (73KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
pepe removes mouth.png
73KB, 454x453px
>>6435226
>order one set
>Haven't even gotten that

Damn.
>>
>>6435214
New comics versions? Or rereleases?
>>
I want to buy the 2009 NECA April
What are the odds that NECA will re-release it or new one? It's about $30 right now
>>
>>6435486
I feel like we might see a cartoon april to go with the sdcc set this year later/next year. Maybe even bebop and rocksteady.
>>
>>6435654
But not mirage April right? I want mirage to fit with my neca mirage turtles
>>
>>6435665
Probably not.
>>
>>6435689
sweet thanks! Going to buy it now!
>>
>>6427417
I have Leo, Raph, and Casey and think they're great. Really nice figures.
>>
>>6435702
upload pics when you get it.
I'm sill on the fence
>>
>>6435847
Sure. It probably be here in a week so if this thread dies I'll post in the next TMNT thread
>>
>>6433174
Is this some new form of spam?
>>
>>6435427

The 2008 versions.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_162946.jpg (3MB, 3072x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_162946.jpg
3MB, 3072x4096px
What is the best way to remove the weapons from the plastic racks without them turning out with too much plastic attached?
>>
>>6437987
A spru cutter (nipper) for model kits would probably work well. Or an exacto knife.
>>
Still waiting for my SDCC turtles.

NECA gave me a tracker but they've yet to actually ship it. I think I'm the last person who've yet to get their order.
>>
>>6432254
>>6432304

They could just stop engineering/shipping out factory rejects

They have so many good licenses and the paint/sculpts are generally great but goddamn

Repeating the same mistakes for 10 years in a row is nauseating
>>
Said it once, and I'll say it again. It's not shitposting if it's true.

>>6433473
>It took over five months of back and forth, but I eventually

So effectively, no customer service. You're the exception, not the rule. The last moron who was in charge of CS never responded to my issue, and ~two years later they helped me with my Striker Eureka issue. My other 4 things they didn't bother with because "too much time has passed and we can't provide support for those."
>>
File: -1.jpg (2MB, 2802x3736px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
2MB, 2802x3736px
Got my SDCC set and noticed that Raphael has two right shoulders.
>>
From what I've heard Neca apparently had loads of these at the con so that's probably why QC is so hit or miss. The guy I'm getting mine from said he'd go through the sets he's selling.
>>
I don't care about this whole NECA vs SHF turtle thing because both look neat.

I do care, however, that NECA has had my money for nearly 2 weeks and hasn't sent the item I paid for while people at the con were able to get some. I understand it's an SDCC exclusive, but in my opinion a customer who has already paid you should 100% get their item before someone who just walks up does.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-07-20 10.12.22.png (114KB, 1182x568px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-20 10.12.22.png
114KB, 1182x568px
>>6439417
Did you get this email as well?
>>
>>6439477
No, that's why I'm a little worried. Complete radio silence regarding the order. Only thing I got was the shipment notification on the 14th about the label being created.
>>
File: uncle_shred.png (426KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
uncle_shred.png
426KB, 467x700px
>>6438034
you'll also need some patience
>>
Is there any reason the get the regular release over this one? It even comes with his two sais and the pizza the original did.
>>
>>6440491
So you can have one Raph flashing your neighbors out your window and the other hanging with his bros.
>>
>>6440491
They explained in the interview with Dan. If they didn't do that, there wasn't going to be one for this year. Since their working on Shredder and the Foot for 2018.
>>
>>6440491
NECA pulls this shit all the time. They release a figure, and then release an improved figure later. Although I don't know if they've done it this soon after the initial figure's release, or if this is the first time they've done this
>>
Who else still waiting for their SDCC figures?

My status is stuck on Label Created for the past two weeks. I fucking hate this company.
>>
>>6441563
There is no "pull this shit" you dumb asshole. This is a different version to help the cost of tooling new figures. Fuckin idiot.
>>
>>6441563

Every toy company does this. They have to if they expect to keep a line viable. Deal with it.
>>
>>6441816

I got my shipping notice last night.
>>
My exclusives all arrived safe and sound early last week. I fucking love this company!
>>
>>6441816
I never even got an email saying mine was delayed. Just stuck on shipping label created for 11 days.
>>
>>6440503
When does Mikey come out?

>Foot soldier's upper cover/hood not glued properly
>Raph's wristband stuck to his hand
>Turtle grappling hook broken right out of the package
>email the NECA store CS
>blahblahblah we're compiling info on the sets, we'll get back to you

T-t-t-thanks, NECA,.
>>
Just got this email: "We shipped you a spare set of foot soldiers hand. In regards of your Turtles eyes, we are still working on a way to resolve this. I will add your name to the list and we will keep in touch."
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
It is just my imagination, or are the Samurai turtles sculpts like...WAY better than everything else we've been getting in the 2K12 line? The detailing on the armor is so damn intricate, and they even picked good molded colors, that gunmetal plastic looks GREAT.
>>
>>6442523
It's a surprisingly competent wave for Playmates.
>>
>>6442490
Hi Steven
>>
>>6442523
All four Samurai turtles are identical molds from the neck down, but it's still pretty impressive for Playmates. This is the last wave before the line is relaunched for the next cartoon so maybe they wanted to go out on a high note.
>>
>>6442523
how is usagi?
>>
File: IMG_20170602_202234959-2672x1503.jpg (564KB, 2672x1503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_202234959-2672x1503.jpg
564KB, 2672x1503px
>>6442523
I still feel like the original basics and maybe the battle shells are the best. The Sam turtles are pretty good, but there are some paint apps missing and they use the same body, just different heads and helmets.

>>6447128
The standard outfit one is hard to come by due to being one per case. The carded armor one is harder to pose and the dragon mask is glued on for some reason. The horse version has a removable mask and better colors imo.

This is probably the most poseable Usagi to date (almost on par to basic/battle shell turtles), but that's not saying much. Range of motion could have been better and the scabbards are glued on to his waist.
>>
File: TMNT Villains.jpg (1MB, 3976x2623px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT Villains.jpg
1MB, 3976x2623px
Still waiting on the extra Foot Clan figures I got off of eBay
>>
File: lori.png (559KB, 685x608px) Image search: [Google]
lori.png
559KB, 685x608px
>>6447394
This makes me want to hunt down those B&R.
>>
>>6447394
Will these get Chinese bootlegs like the comic turtles did?
>>
still waiting for my NECA SDCC to ship out.

At this point, I might as well order from ebay. The only figure I'm only really looking for is Shredder and Donatello.
>>
>>6449117
I am too. This is worse than the 4horsemen shipping, to be honestly with you.

>>6447394
Damn I should have grabbed that Bebop and Rocksteady duo when they were affordable. Too bad they were shit to pair with the playmates turtles.
>>
>>6447178
How often do they restock these figures? I really want this Usagi figure, but don't want to pay ebay price.
>>
>>6450708
Depends where you live, but cases of TMNT are big. I recommend monitoring any areas with low stock.
>>
>>6428685
Geez are their arms supposed to be that long?
>>
>>6449582
>This is worse than the 4horsemen shipping, to be honestly with you.

So not a problem at all? Because there's nothing wrong with how they ship.

>>6451225

Are you 15? They're robots, yes they're supposed to be that long. Goddamn.
>>
>>6451115
Thanks
>>
File: Foot Soldier toy 5.jpg (24KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
Foot Soldier toy 5.jpg
24KB, 250x367px
>>6451225
Foot Soldiers in the cartoon were lanky, but still had relatively normal human proportions. The toys, on the other hand, were some gorilla armed motherfuckers. NECA seems to have a taken a bit of influence from both sources.
>>
>>6451451
Come on, if you can't admit 4horsemen has a very slow shipping situation you're being silly. It takes them nearly a month to get things out.
>>
>>6451225
yes
>>
>>6447394
$50 for a foot soldier is too much.
its boot leg time
>>
>>6453190
You're full of shit if you think that was slow. Especially for the size of the operation.

I guess patience is out of style.
>>
I got an updated shipping label created today. Maybe this one will ship!
>>
>>6455484
Same. I highly doubt it.

I got an email 30 minutes earlier that they're expecting a shipment of their stock to come this week. That's seems a fast turnaround.

Why the hell would you give customers shipping labels for orders you don't have stock with?
>>
I had issues with my set and I emailed them at the beginning of last week. I get they're probably going in order or issues received and whatnot, but I'm just wondering when I'm gonna hear something.

Oh well. I paid with PayPal.
>>
>>6455484
>>6455528

A day later and it still sitting on shipping label created. Are their logistics team a bunch of high school dropouts?
>>
>>6457580
No, otherwise you'd be working there.
>>
>>6411685
>ralph

kys
>>
>>6418063
this, but beggers cant be choosers. recently got a comic style shredder from ebay and couldn't be happier with it
>>
File: Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg (347KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
347KB, 2560x1600px
>>6419231
>hopefully NECA will do bebop and rocksteady.
>>
>>6422114

>>6422152

the lack of street stands on display suggests they cylinder packs, not clamshells

while there were legit cylinder packs produced, that's what all the bootlegs are (thus 99% of whats available on the market now is bootleg)

standard signs for bootleg tmnt necas:
-yellow plasteron is glossy instead of flat, also a brighter, almost fire orange
-bandannas are glossy instead of flat
-feet are slightly arched instead of flat
-shell is almost a blue

looking at your pic i'd put money on them being bootlegs. No display stand being used in his display is a big warning sign, and the glossiness of their plasterons and bandannas are dead on for the bootlegs.
>>
>>6427464
>so pissed his eyes twitching
>>
>>6431970
ohh my god.

a movie shredder? are you fucking kidding me?

GIVE ME MY 1/6 NECA. ILL BUY TWO SETS OF EVERYTHING I PROMISE
>>
>>6432403
i'm not a huge fan of either

neca:
-heads too wide/smushed
-too dark / all same color tone (though I get why, just not my preference)

figuarts:
-shoulder sculpt too broken up
-heads/expressions based on promo art

however im going to have to say figuarts wins for me simply because of toe articulation.
>>
>>6437987
X-acto and sanding.
>>
>>6457580
My set shipped out and should be here tomorrow.
>>
>>6458756
it is. That anon always shows up to "REEE" at Figuarts turtles (probably because he can't afford them) while sucking NECA's dick.

No one likes him or wants him here

Most of the other people here are just like "yeah, get whatever turtles you want, it's all good. None of them are perfect."

And I will be the first to admit NECA came close with their SDCC set this year...except for one, their weapons were way too big (especially Raph's sai) and the QC is some of the worst fuck ups I've ever seen. And we're talking NECA here
>>
>>6423297
Im sad that the bootlegers never stole April mold and made a Yellow one.
>>
File: Usagi2017.jpg (418KB, 1197x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi2017.jpg
418KB, 1197x1500px
Any one had luck finding Usagi?
>>
>>6460569
I have. I still haven't decided if I want to open him or try to resell him. I'm not a scalper... but 40 bucks would be nice. But then again I like Usagi. Sooo... tough call for me
>>
>>6460576
Look for 2 more.
One open
One in box
and One to sell.
>>
>>6457829
I don't know if they can do 1/6th scale. It depends what Playmates allows...

Has NECA ever done 1/6th scale for that matter? I know they do 1/12 and 1/4 but Im not sure I remember them ever doing 1/6
>>
Tell me I didn't fuck up buying this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-NECA-2008-figures-set-/192251857916?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=s%252Fy1AM6K02wsDz%252Fwf%252BJzCdLdbq4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It doesn't look like bootlegs and does look like a decent price and although it doesn't have accessories I'm pretty sure it was the four pack box so everything seems on the up and up.
>>
>>6460569
I managed to find him. Opened him and currently giving it a paint job.
>>
>>6460660
PRobably fine. From what I've heard the bootlegs are pretty good too.
>>
>>6460671
My autism will not allow me to enjoy bootlegs.
>>
>>6423297
Yeah, what gives with this figure? I always see it so cheap, especially when I go to nearby comic book/collectible shops, cons, ect. even online they always have this figure really cheap. It kind of turned me off to buying it.
>>
>>6461318
>It kind of turned me off to buying it.

That's a really stupid reason to not buy it.
>>
>>6447178
>standard outfit one is hard to come by due to being one per case

>What if we stock the one figure that the majority of people would want just one per case with a bunch of duds. Then let the rest of the stock gather dust for weeks and just wait until they eventually sell or head toward the discount lane before we send new stock?

I hate when companies do this.
>>
>>6461334
What, you don't love bright teal Master Splinter sitting get on the pegs forever more?
>>
>>6461334
I think the way things were stocked back in the 80's is the mindset that toy companies still use today. Shelfwarming wasn't as big of an issue back then (why? I don't know. there's probably a lot of reasons. The economy wasn't nearly as bad back then, and toys weren't nearly expensive, just to name a couple reasons)

But back in the 80's if you saw several of the same toy on a shelf, it was BECAUSE they were popular and sold on a consistent basis, like G1 Optimus Prime and Starscream, for example with Transformers. Sure, you might see three Optimuses when you went to Toysrus, but that doesn't mean those three would be staying on that shelf for weeks at a time

That same logic is applied to toys of today. For example with this picture you showed: The logic here is "Iron Man is popular. Kids are going to want this figure, so we need to pack several per case." And that's pretty much as far as they went into thinking.

What they didn't consider is

1. Marvel Legends are primarily a collectible for adults Their high price point tends to steer parents away from purchasing these toys when there are other, cheaper toys displayed right next to them. And the "kids love Iron Man" angle doesn't work for Adult Collectors. An adult collector probably has one or more of Iron Man already and probably doesn't want another.

2. Even if your customer happens to be a kid, this Iron Man doesn't look like the one from the movie. Most kids don't care about how poseable their toy is, because they're going to play with it, not put it in some dynamic battle pose and leave it on a shelf. So unless they find the GOTG Iron Man to look "REALLY COOL" they're going to skip it for a cheaper toy that looks more like the movie Iron Man. Same logic can be applied to the Ninja Turtles. Kids probably want a standard Mike, not the "Skateboard Star Mikey" or whatever ridiculous repaint is collecting dust on the shelves
>>
>>6461400
I also notice, from all my younger cousins/family members, that kids prefer video games and electronics now far more than toys. When I was a kid you had some video games, but toys could keep me occupied way longer and were more fun.
>>
>>6422114
>>6427097

These figures some of them I want, and some I ask myself are they modified.

>>6427417
Seems like china looks to show the best, and then the rest will look like shit..

>>6447178
Are these the almost foot tall ones? Donatello looks like the same one I have.
>>
>>6460569
Is he an exclusive?
>>
>>6461744
No you can find it at Toy r Us, Walmart, or Target.
>>
File: tru80s.jpg (67KB, 736x527px) Image search: [Google]
tru80s.jpg
67KB, 736x527px
>>6461400
>But back in the 80's if you saw several of the same toy on a shelf, it was BECAUSE they were popular and sold on a consistent basis, like G1 Optimus Prime and Starscream, for example with Transformers. Sure, you might see three Optimuses when you went to Toysrus, but that doesn't mean those three would be staying on that shelf for weeks at a time
Confirmed for being an underaged fag.

Back in the 80s, shelfwarming wasn't a problem because the majority of toylines were made in one large batch. So it was basicaly one wave for the entire year and that was the expectations stores had, despite those figures arriving at different times throughout the year.

So all those bumblebees you see shelfwarming today? That would have been normal way back when.
And it was just as annoyng back then as it was today. Certain figures were hard to get, BUT because there was basically just one wave a year, restocking meant getting hard to get figures was easier to do (plus the collector scene was almost nonsexistant back then, so scalperinginging wasn't a problem)

It wasn't until the 90s, where it became the norm for retail stores to ask for multiple waves a year. Not only did they sell better, but they didnt have to worry about stock as much either. That constant seeing of new toys was a pretty big thing compared to how it was before, so interests never really waned, as kids were constantly bombarded with new stuff.
It's probably why the XMen line was as popular as it was back then... plus scalping.

So before, despite there being a lot of shelfwarmers, it wasnt a big deal because of how toys were made.
Once toy waves every quarter became a thing, shelfwarmers prevented stores from getting new figures every couple of months. So fans missed out on new figures that were only sold during that limited time
>>
>>6462440
can the 2017 SDCC turtles foot peg fit into the 2008 Neca TMNT street base? I'm still waiting on my turtles
>>
>>6460580
what scale is the neca comic turtles / foot in? 1/12?
>>
>>6460660
they look like the originals, the plasterons are a matte dull orange instead of glossy fire orange
>>
File: tmnt11.png (390KB, 654x670px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt11.png
390KB, 654x670px
>>6411685
I'd really love to see an animated film or series based on the original comics.
>>
File: seahunter+sharktrap spiderman.jpg (119KB, 916x469px) Image search: [Google]
seahunter+sharktrap spiderman.jpg
119KB, 916x469px
>>6461400
>they're going to skip it for a cheaper toy that looks more like the movie Iron Man

I question if you saw the toy market in the 90's

there was a variant xman/spiderman figure released every day, and they were -awesome- and sold like hotcakes

as a kid, I wanted various spiderman action figures BECAUSE they looked different.

pic related

I got sea hunter, brother got shark trap. I was always jealous cause his was fuckin cool translusent blue, and that gd shark is an 11/10 on the cool scale, easy.

As for your other theories, I'm confident to say you're underestimating what kind of marketing research million dollar companies do. I'd be more inclined to believe they do shortages of high demand figures on purpose, probably due to a mindset of "If they have to keep coming back looking for the one popular figure that keeps our brand in their mind and keeps them returning to the product. Eventually some will decide to buy less popular figures just to fill the void between visits"

Just a theory, but i'm 100% sure they're doing a LOT more market research than "ehh what worked 30+ years ago works the same today, no need to look into it any more". Everything a company does is calculated. You're just not looking from the right mentality- they want your money, and if they give you exactly what you want immediately, you'll never buy there less popular products.
>>
>>6462579
Yeah before I took the plunge I read a post that said a bunch of stuff including that that was probably your post that was super helpful. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>6460580
they have some older things in 12 inch scale but articulation is non-existant.
>>
>>6462625
You can enjoy the scene from Turtles Forever for the time being.
>>
>>6462625
If there is a hard core fan of the mirage comic turtles working in the industry instead of fans of the cartoon i think we could see it happen.
>>
File: 2k12.png (455KB, 789x434px) Image search: [Google]
2k12.png
455KB, 789x434px
>>6462660

and when they just did it again for 2k12.
>>
Got my sdcc set today. I have to admit the first feeling I had was disappointment. Paint on two of the four turtles eyes is pretty derpy. Also mikey's nunchuck was cracked off the chain right out of the package. Also had some seriously stuck joints on all of the figures. I'm sure after I mess with them more I'll like them but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.
>>
File: DSC_3373.jpg (469KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3373.jpg
469KB, 663x1000px
>>6460670
mind posting some pics when you're done? i would love to see one in comic style makeover
>>
>>6431401
I want that Slash so bad.
>>
>>6427440
Pizza is like crack to them.
>>
>>6462736
kevin eastman works directly with/under nickelodeon and they're not shy to turn to him for advice in just about any tmnt related facet. Though he's technically only handling the IDW comic I'm sure they come to him time and time again with just about everything, it's honestly what I attribute the success they've had to

I'm sure hes chimed in with his thoughts for the show plenty, and I"m sure that exact thought has been uttered from him
>>
>>6462926
kevin eastman has very little influence on anything outside of the IDW comic

and it doesnt matter either way cause he's a fuckin yes man with no quality filter. he's responsible for the next mutation, he helped out with the michael bay stories, and has made some really shitty turtle comics.

passive fans who know no better suck his dick but he really doesnt offer much
>>
>>6462745
i liked 2k12's better, and not just because of the reprised va's. i know the 198x turtles were barely violent and just throw things, but they werent cowardly crybabies that throw things
>>
>>6462629
Well not every kid is the same. I too wanted various spider-mans If they looked cool ( I had the sea hunter as well) But my favorite spider-man toy was the original costume.

Same goes for ninja turtles.

But again, you and I are talking about a time when the economy was legitimately better. And toys were cheaper, as well.People in general had more money to spend (not everyone, that's a given) so parents could afford to give their kid multiple spider-mans and villains to go with them.

Nowadays? not so much. "You already have spider-man, sweety. Maybe we'll get a toy next time"
>>
can anybody ID this triceraton?
>>
Where the fuck would you even look to find First Gokin Krang to buy now? I'm turning up nothing anywhere.
>>
File: download.png (189KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
189KB, 300x400px
>>6464888
>>
>>6464891

Commander Mozar.
>>
>>6435213
Yes. There is a orang with robot body prototype that has been shown, and they said splinter and April were in the works.
>>
>>6462937
I agree. Peter Laird.is a purist and was much more involved in the production of the 2003 series.
>>
This seems like as good of a place as ever to ask, but two questions about these mousers. First, are they still relatively easy to find?

Second, how are their legs and joints attached? Do they easily pop in and out without risking damage? I was thinking about finding another pack and repainting them.
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (2MB, 3930x2947px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
2MB, 3930x2947px
>>6466724
Damnit
>>
>>6462573
probably. but those are con exclusives. They're not really competing with Playmates in ToysRus or Amazon. They're very limited runs.
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.