[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY WHO ASKED FOR THIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: FIGURE-031420_11.jpg (68KB, 735x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-031420_11.jpg
68KB, 735x800px
WHY

WHO ASKED FOR THIS
>>
BIGGER. JUMP DIRECTLY TO 1/5th SCALE
>>
Where's my pre timeskip usopp?
>>
They're going the wrong way.
>>
>>6405998
Said your mom as I stuck my balls up her butt.
>>
File: and you may ask yourself.jpg (17KB, 503x373px) Image search: [Google]
and you may ask yourself.jpg
17KB, 503x373px
>>6405938
I don't understand
>>
>>6405938
fujos
>>
>>6405938
>bigger figure has less detail
The fuck
>>
>>6405938

Don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ALL THOSE POORFAGS WHINING ABOUT SCALE
>LET'S MAKE THEM BIGGER HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I don't expect the DX figures to sell that well.

It'll pretty much just be for huge fangirls of specific characters.
>>
>>6406168
are you blind
>>
>>6406008
Megahouse is making a new line of Variable Action Heroes figures called VAH DX that are bigger.
>>
>>6406359
Look at the sculpt of the pants and the chest
>>
>>6406741
I'll give you the chest, but the pants actually look normal now instead of looking stupidly wrinkled to shit. Plus the bigger one has more sculpted detail on things like the belts, the cuffs of the boots, and the elbow thing.
>>
Just like the anime, the rise in cost lowers the quality of the work.
>>
>>6406747
Posable POPs
>>
>>6406563
they barely started the fucking line.
what they released so far had serious issues.
QC errors everywhere
crazy price
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED ENGINEERING hindering articulation, telling us they have no fucking idea how to make action figures work.
how will making them bigger do any good?
>>
>>6406220
>huge fangirls
I know you meant "highly invested fangirls" but I want to believe that this larger model is made for fangirls who are physically larger. They're like 8 feet tall, they need an Ace proportional to their size.
>>
>>6405938
Why are they doing this... I don't understand. Is this 1/6 scale?
>>
>>6406563
Are they more detailed?
>>
>>6405938
Well, VAH are probably the best OP figures so if they make them even better you can't wrong.
>>
>>6408997
Bigger /= better
>>
>>6409024
sorry these bad boys will make your shitty tiny figuarts look tiny
>>
>>6406839
No. They're a fusion of "traditional" 1/8(ish) scale anime statues and VAH. Interestingly enough, they'll apparently scale with the jumbo sized SAS BIG JoJo figures. So in a roundabout fashion, this is the only way you can get JoJo and One Piece figures to scale with each other, if that interests anyone. What a strange world.
>>
>>6409024
Look at OP's pic and tell me with a straight face it's not an improvement.
>>
If they make a Whitebeard in this new line, I'll be all over it.
>>
>>6405943
why is there an appeal for large scale characters for short characters?
>>
File: JUST.jpg (59KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
59KB, 655x480px
>>6405938
>Hey you know how everyone's always complaining that our figures don't scale well with other lines?
>Well what if we made them EVEN BIGGER so they scale with PAKs?
>>
>>6413350
because manlets
>>
>>6413417
Literally nobody but western autists complain about scale.
>>
I get the feeling this is the same strategy as PAK (and probably the big SAS). Action figures are expensive now, and the normies won't pay big money for a smaller figure. But if the figure is big, they think it matches with the price, when in fact the cost for those figures are not that different if it's the same amount of assembling and painting processes.

>>6414507
WTF? So no other regions show, I don't know a lineup of different brand figures when they do reviews. Japanese anime statues don't have 1/7 1/8 etc in their name, plastic models of all kind made in Japan, no scaling?

True, action figures are generally non-scale for sake of convenience but the people who buys a lot of them cares if they line up relatively well, and people making them wants those people to keep buying them. So no, it's more than that.
>>
>>6414507
>Literally nobody but western autists complain about scale.

I'm sure tons of Japanese otaku that live in closet-sized apartments are thrilled at the prospect of owning a complete set of 10+ inch action figures.
>>
File: IMG_2505.jpg (330KB, 1398x1967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2505.jpg
330KB, 1398x1967px
>>
>>6414848
>worse articulation

I'd rather just get statueshit at that point.
>>
>>6414507
>muh superior japanese collectors never complain!
>>
>>6414612
B-b-but America is the only country in the world!
>>
>>6414587
>>6414612
The majority of figure collectors in japan also collect statues, it's not like here where we hue hue hue at statueshit collectors. And statues are never accurate in sizing. Put five 1/8 anime statues from 5 different lines next to each other and you'll get wildly inconsistent sizing between all of them.

Scale autism is quite literally just a western problem. Sorry if your world view and perspective is your mom's basement and you can't look beyond it.
>>
>>6414973

>Scale autism is quite literally just a western problem.
[citation needed]
>>
>>6414973
Japan started the whole scale thing with 1/18th Microman and 1/6th Henshin Cyborg running at the same time.
>>
>>6418478
Scale autism is mostly a /toy/ problem really. Most people don't freak out if their figures don't line up exactly.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.