[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Who is this?
>>
>>6405235

them coming out with this figure was so hype... they they kind of half-assed the rest of them to do a partial-transformation gimmick and never released a Drago.
>>
Servo aka Gridman aka a fragile piece of shit.
>>
Proportion was so weird with this one.

Top of the list for a SHF remake in my book. Screw the armor gimmick just be a separate figure.
It had a great number of cool kaiju as well.

Never gonna happen though,

The show itself was very interesting and fun even looking at it now. The original, not the American trash. I never saw it but like all American adaptation it must be garbage.
The show had a pretty good idea of how technology will evolve in the next 10, 20 years, maybe just missing smartphones.

Gridman Sigma looks amazing too so maybe there is a chance of SHF of just the Gridmans.
>>
>tfw own the candy toy
>>
File: 1494951457929.jpg (214KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494951457929.jpg
214KB, 767x1024px
>>6405572
>tfw owned all the DX toys as a kid
>I only still have Gridman
>>
>>6405570
>The original, not the American trash. I never saw it but like all American adaptation it must be garbage.

when you're a kid you don't give a flying fuck
>>
File: your opinion is trash.jpg (56KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
your opinion is trash.jpg
56KB, 600x547px
>>6405570
>I never saw it
>>
>>6405602
Sure, but I watched the Japanese one again recently and it was still good.

Besides just like Power Rangers and such, the bits that kids liked about those shows were the Japanese footage and the forced in kids/teen drama were terrible. Not saying original was a masterpiece, but I can't see the NA one being better.
>>
>>6405570
>>6405660
Tim Curry voiced the villain in the American version, so it gets points for that.
>>
Hold on, did Trigger just announced they are making a Gridman anime for real this time?
>>
*opening riff to SSSS starts playing in your head*

>>6405238
They didn't release all the combinations? I thought they did. I ended cancelling my pre-orders of the other two and now with the anime on the way I regret it.

>>6405239
Mine isn't fragile at all, I love him and I'm satisfied. The fact that we got an arts of a one season forgotten toku of the 90s was awesome.

>>6405570
I want to watch Gridman but it's not subbed so i've never been able to. Hopefully with the new Anime someone actually starts subbing the original Toku.

SSSS is awesome though, it's super cheesy but that makes it more rewatchable for me since it reeks of the 90s. Easily the best Power Rangers rip off.
>>
>>6405674
Yes, they did. And they're calling it Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Gridman.
>>
File: E0mpuJE.png (503KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
E0mpuJE.png
503KB, 670x503px
>>6405694
U knoe..
>>
>>6405677
I grew up in Japan during the 90's, so not my culture lol.

Biggest regret of my youth is not getting the toys back then. I was a nice, understanding mature child. Fuck myself.

Excited for the anime, maybe SHFs could happen after all. Like that short anime I'm guessing it will be a sequel, with Sigma, just like those magazine photo story thing they had back in the day.
>>
>>6405709
>I'm guessing it will be a sequel, with Sigma
Hm reading up on the news I guessed wrong, it looks like it will be original story with no ties to the tokusatsu show, so modern day remake?
>>
>>6405697
what the fuck is this white man anime
>>
File: gridman trigger.png (308KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
gridman trigger.png
308KB, 600x338px
>>6405235
>Who is this?

A computer-based hero with a great theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nybqhMbWTOI
>>
>>6405770

Man, when they do the anime they're basically required to use this song or a cover.

Put JAM Project on that shit.
>>
>>6405780
That's what I'm hoping too.
>>
>>6405763
Its decent. Give it a shot
>>
>>6405763
It's actually one of the better things to come from the mid 00s anime ripoff era.
>>
>>6405763
a disney cartoon...a GOOD disney cartoon
>>
>>6405660
Have you not seen the absolute shitstorm Power Rangers fans throw whenever you suggest that the original Rangers were one-dimensional and undeveloped (accurate) or worse, that none of them were very good actors (also accurate)? Lots of people are very attached to the localized bits. And while none of it was high art, I'd personally rather watch Jason and Zack kicking it at the Youth Center than Zyuranger's dinosaur princes or whatever they're supposed to be fagging it up in their little Shakespeare costumes.
>>
File: icon-van.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
icon-van.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>6405982
>>
>>6405934
>a GOOD disney cartoon
You didn't grow up in the 80's/90's did you anon?
>>
Managed to get all the SSSS toys back together recently, or the DX ones. Saddened me to realize Playmates took out all the electronics, but the figures are still phenomenal despite their age.
>>
fuck.. I liked having something obscure

now the normals will know about it
>>
>>6406382
A gidget will not make you special. Being the only one holding a toy does not give you the power to become that, despite what Heroman says.

I'm hoping that we get new toys with better tech because of this.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6405770
I don't know why but I had this toy when i was younger not sure how I got it but it's mine
>>
>>6405235
Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad
Aired on WGN
>>
As a kid I always wanted the small 2" or 3" figures, I can't find any good pictures of them and only a few here and there on the internet. I would love to own those.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.