[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix stain plastic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: 20170704_171545_Burst01.jpg (67KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
20170704_171545_Burst01.jpg
67KB, 960x540px
I placed my toybiz hulkbuster and miku together in storage for a few months. I just took it out today and noticed miku was stained red from hulkbuster. Does anyone know how to take out stain?
>>
>>6405036
Have you tried a magic white pencil eraser yet?
>>
>>6405036
I think the paint was socked in. my Brian from family guy toy has a same thing on his head. no matter how hard I try to rub it out it won't come out.
>>
File: 1448632817103.jpg (187KB, 862x846px) Image search: [Google]
1448632817103.jpg
187KB, 862x846px
>>6405036
>Beating your figures
Anon how could you!

Is it just some sick power trip for you?
>>
>>6405036
So essentially, she got Herpes from Tony?
>>
>>6405036
>this thread is relevant to my interests

I've heard that make up remover works, but I've rarely seen it work with my figs that need it.

I've also heard "paint over it" but I'll fuck it up and don't want to try it on a figure I care about.

Looking for other tips that might work.
>>
Magic eraser. It'll take the surface off so just use it sparingly over the stain.
>>
Try acne cream, OP.

>Place a liberal dollop of acne cream on affected area.
>Place figure on a window sill with plenty of sunlight hitting the affected area.
>Wait a day or two.
>Wipe off acne cream from figure.
>????
>Profit!

I've done this technique on several different types of plastic. It works the best on sharpie marker ink on vinyl. The chemicals in the cream suck out the ink when activated by the sunlight.

It's not 100% effective on different types of plastic & ink/paint stain combos, but the acne cream won't damage the plastic if it doesn't work. It's worth a shot.
>>
Try a tiny bit of alcohol on a q-tip. Barely moisten the end, and rub only the area with the spot. Wipe down immediately with a wet cloth/napkin.

Also, and I hesitate to recommend this, especially if you're not used to using it, but if the alcohol doesn't work, put a tiny, TINY amount of nail polish remover on a q-tip and rub the spot only, not the surrounding plastic.
I can't stress enough that you must use it sparingly. Nail polish remover contains acetone which will eat the plastic in nothing flat, but a trace amount on a q-tip. and an immediate wipe down with soapy water will do the trick. Use this as an absolute LAST resort.
>>
>>6405631

Also, another product to use is Goo-Gone. It's faster and more effective than the acne cream, although you do have to be careful.

>Place a drop of Goo-Gone on stained area.
>Wait 10 minutes for the drop to get into the stain.
>Rub stain with a Magic Eraser.
>Stain should come off.
>Wipe excess Goo-Gone off figure.

This is almost guaranteed to work, but you have to be a bit careful not to get the Goo-Gone on painted details because it may remove them.
>>
>>6405646
>Place a drop of Goo-Gone on stained area.
>Wait 10 minutes for the drop to get into the stain.
I wouldn't recommend this. Like I suggested above with nail polish remover, you could use this on a q-tip and rub it until the stain comes off, but using too much, and leaving it on for any length of time is asking for trouble.

>careful not to get the Goo-Gone on painted details because it may remove them.
No may about it. It'll eat it right off.
>>
>>6405036
I had this with a queens-blade figure. Certain paints seem to just love to soak deep into the PVC. This may be a bit blasphemous but I ended up useing a fine grain sandpaper to remove the paint.

Of course don't do this until you try all other less harsh methods first. this a last resort kind of deal.
>>
>>6405665
>careful not to get the Goo-Gone on painted details because it may remove them.
>No may about it. It'll eat it right off.

Rubbish. I use Googone to clean elasticizer leak. Even with tough rubbing with a gg soaked towel the paint on everything I've cleaned so far - Marvel legends, NECA, Nendoroids, has remained intact.
>>
>>6405036
> those messy paint apps and obvious seam on the PAK

Throw it away, it was shit before the stain.
>>
This seems to happen a lot with metallic paints. I had my Pokemon figures stored with the Pokeballs that came with the golden Pokemon cards from BK years ago and the paint smudged onto the a few of the figures. It was a few years ago so I think it's permanent at this point though
>>
File: disgust.png (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
18KB, 280x280px
>>6405631
>place figure in sunlight
>>
>>6405036
try rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover
>>
>>6406661
Or put it on a heating pad. Cover the thing with saran wrap if you want to go nuclear.
>>
>MOTUC Weapons Rack
>has metallic red weapons even though the vintage had plain gray
>shit quality paint apps on them, well of course it IS Mattel, too cheap to buy quality paints because a "collector" line can't be better than kiddie retail crap
>put mace in Zodak's hand
>red stains in hand after a couple of DAYS
>>
File: 1499167882968.jpg (41KB, 500x455px)
1499167882968.jpg
41KB, 500x455px
>>
File: 1449019790710.jpg (19KB, 200x355px) Image search: [Google]
1449019790710.jpg
19KB, 200x355px
>>6408294
Thicc!
>>
>>6405631
This is the only way to go that doesn't require taking off a layer of plastic. I've done this before and it works well, even in really weak sunlight.
>>
>>6405036

3000-5000 grit sandpaper,and very precise fingers.
>>
>>6408294
now do the top
>>
God I hate that. I've got a late 90s Metal Gear Solid "doll" of Meryl (pic related). It's probably the best Meryl figure they ever made (fuck PAK). But the elbow pads stained the hell out of her elbows.
>>
>>6412416
Oh nice. I have her and Solid Snake. I also have a set of the McFarlane figures too.
>>
>>6412416
The PAK wasn't bad honestly
>>
>>6408294
Hey! Look who got a Figma!!
>>
>>6416037
Yeah, it's OK, but it's not quite MGS1.
>>
File: silverhawks.jpg (457KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
silverhawks.jpg
457KB, 2656x1494px
similar question, how do I get this rubber thing to go back to it's original shape? Been sitting in a box in my closet for a decade.
>>
>>6420515
Hair dryer or hot water.
>>
>>6420564
and dip it in ice cold water to hold shape
>>
>>6420515
>Been sitting in a box in my closet for a decade.

let it sit outside the box for another decade
>>
>>6420564
Tried this earlier today, worked like a charm, thanks!
>>
File: IMG_20170717_180623213.jpg (956KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_180623213.jpg
956KB, 1456x2592px
I'm trying to sell this guy but the armor left those stains on his arms. Will the acne cream method work?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.