[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect by McFarlane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 18

File: MEhips.jpg (238KB, 1095x1164px) Image search: [Google]
MEhips.jpg
238KB, 1095x1164px
So i got this the other day.

This is how high he can lift his legs.
>>
File: MEwide.jpg (220KB, 1099x1226px) Image search: [Google]
MEwide.jpg
220KB, 1099x1226px
>>6399589
This is how far his legs can stretch.
>>
File: MEcornershot.jpg (50KB, 575x754px) Image search: [Google]
MEcornershot.jpg
50KB, 575x754px
>>6399591
He's not all bad.
His head, elbows, shoulders, and torso all have great range of motion.
This is why he's able to hold and aim his gun so well.

It's so good he can shoot from behind cover with the bar minimum of exposure.
>>
4chan is not your blog, we all know the ME toys are shit, and most know the games are shit too.
>>
File: MEcornerstance.jpg (147KB, 1052x1019px) Image search: [Google]
MEcornerstance.jpg
147KB, 1052x1019px
>>6399592
What he looks like behind cover

>>6399593
Never played the games, but i like the designs enough to buy this toy.
I also have bought the Halo novels and toys despite only ever playing the multiplayer in a few social settings.
>>
File: MEelbows.jpg (309KB, 1384x1135px) Image search: [Google]
MEelbows.jpg
309KB, 1384x1135px
>>6399599
These are his elbows and why he's able to hold his gun so well.
Notice the asymmetrical sculpting, so his right arm gets greater bend at the elbow, while the left not so much. This also means the right arm can't fully extend straight out, while the left one can.
>>
>>6399593
I actually enjoy toy reviews like this. Please keep going Mass Effect Anon-kun.
>>
File: MEcrab.jpg (467KB, 2153x1264px) Image search: [Google]
MEcrab.jpg
467KB, 2153x1264px
>>6399602
Here he is crab walking.

That's about as far as his elbows will bend and it shows how far the arms can go straight out.
Do note that he has great ankles. They have barbell joints.
>>
>>6399599
I suppose I'll have to shave away parts for clearance on the lower legs or replace them altogether. Good for a custom I suppose.
>>
File: MEpegs.jpg (281KB, 1246x1203px) Image search: [Google]
MEpegs.jpg
281KB, 1246x1203px
>>6399604
Speaking of joints, this fucking bastard of a double hinged rotating revoltech-wannabe-that-mcfarlane-probably-invented-in-the-early-00s is fucking tiny.
The hands do not want to stay connected and will pop out with firm movement, so you can't force the joints as much as I'd like without a lot of frustration.

It's surprisingly durable though, despite being too fucking tiny.
>>
I think you should do professional reviews OP this is very good.
>>
File: MEup.jpg (155KB, 671x1122px) Image search: [Google]
MEup.jpg
155KB, 671x1122px
>>6399607
Here's a shot of how high his head can look up and how great his torso joint is. I believe they're both barbell joints.

The ME guy's head is swappable, btw, but i'm not showing it because helmets are cooler.
>>
File: MEupside.jpg (136KB, 648x1086px) Image search: [Google]
MEupside.jpg
136KB, 648x1086px
>>6399613
Side shot.
Note the bulge, because that's where the sculpt ends. So it's hyper extended and i did force it quite a bit, which shows how excellent the plastic is.
>>
Shouldve went with a Neca Predator instead
>>
File: MEdown.jpg (84KB, 411x849px) Image search: [Google]
MEdown.jpg
84KB, 411x849px
>>6399616
Here he is looking down. Max.
So it's not as good as looking up, but it's still better than a lot of toys out there.

>>6399612
I could ramble on and on, but 4chan's format doesn't really allow a full review, so this is all short and showing only the important parts of the toy.
Not saying anything about the sculpt or paint, as the images mostly speak for themselves.

Also, fuck video reviews.
>>
>>6399589
what's the scale? like the Halo ones?
>>
File: Gears of Mass Dredd.jpg (872KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Gears of Mass Dredd.jpg
872KB, 5312x2988px
I bought this Gears guy today.
I never play his games, but i bought him today because i was impressed with ME guy. I always liked the Gears designs too, but i never bought the NECA figures either.

I'm not posting more, because it's late.
Mezco Dredd is in there for scale, despite not showing the full bodies.

So all I'll say about Gears guy is that he's a slab of chunky plastic. His jointing with the sculpt is more symmetrical, but his beefiness takes away from his range of motion. His hips are even worse than ME guy's and he only has high boot cuts, no ankles.
But look at that aiming!

I may buy more, because they look great and do the action poses above the waist extremely well.
I hope McFarlane adds more fucking thigh articulation in the future, because it does everything else well or great.
>>
File: MEscale.jpg (423KB, 1785x967px) Image search: [Google]
MEscale.jpg
423KB, 1785x967px
>>6399620
Ok, since i didn't take a proper scale shot, here's one.

No Halo dudes, because they're stored away.

Predator in the back is the Ultimate City Hunter.
>>
>>6399625
>>6399628
Is there anything funky going on with the actual gun? Like weirdly sized trigger guards or grips? The figures look like trash but I'm literally thinking about getting them to use the guns with other toys.
>>
File: Barrel rifling.jpg (257KB, 975x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Barrel rifling.jpg
257KB, 975x1034px
>>6399685
You know, i was actually thinking of getting the early figures for their guns too. my TRUs has the older wave on clearance for about half price and they have a 15% off coupon for clearance stuff that will apply to them.
I'd go for those, if i were you, but I can't speak for their details.

Since this guy came out, i'll probably buy whatever new stuff they release from here on out.

As for his weapons, it's basically replica tier, as far as i can tell.
They actually managed to give them deep barrels and the appearance of rifling too. Great molding and a lot of nice detailed paint apps.

Overall, I'd probably put these figures with McFarlane's best in the early 00s. Amazing paint and sculpted detail just like from back then. Odd articulation, but this time they're sculpted to be less dynamic and that actually makes them more fun to pose around.
If they had better hips, like just adding a swivel piece where where the ball joint connects to the hips (like the Halo 3 figures), they'd be fantastic toys.

Oh, and the gun is massive, so normal sized hands will have trouble holding it even in 7" scale.
>>
>>6399730
Cool. Can you do a close up of the mass effect guy's gun? That one looks smaller so maybe it'd be a slightly better fit with legends etc.
>>
>>6399589
McFarlane should just stop. Let the memories remain good ones...not this shit.
>>
How is McFarlane still in business?
>>
File: mass-effect-andromeda1.jpg (68KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-andromeda1.jpg
68KB, 620x349px
I got mine opened, and I really like it. It's limited articulation, but it's the RIGHT articulation so in my book it's better than the later Halo stuff they made.

Not sure how he looks in the game, but I wish the whole neck section was swappable so when he has a helmet on it is actually space worthy. Or another gun.

I'm worried the female version, twin, whatever wont be able to hold the handgun properly though, I can't tell from the official pics.It would be real stupid not to if they are sticking with this style of action figure.
>>
File: Quality.jpg (49KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
49KB, 500x753px
>>6404854
>How is McFarlane still in business?

When people eat up shit like this, how could they not be in business?
>>
File: Mass Effect Show.jpg (263KB, 729x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect Show.jpg
263KB, 729x1301px
Ok, i didnt feel like doing anything during the week, so here's how the guns look.
>>
File: Gears Show.jpg (201KB, 740x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Gears Show.jpg
201KB, 740x1087px
>>6411375
Here's Gears of War guy being nice enough to show his guns better.
>>
File: brute wide.jpg (475KB, 1368x1295px) Image search: [Google]
brute wide.jpg
475KB, 1368x1295px
>>6411376
And i bought this guy last week and he arrived the other day.

HUUUUUGE difference in articulation in 2008.
He has a fucking t-hips, that connects by a swivel to a ball-hinge joint, that connects into the thigh. Knees are a ball-hinge joint, which connects through a swivel a ball-hinged ankle.
That's 16 PoA for his legs/hips alone. His packaging says he has 15PoA.

His torso and neck are barbell jointed, so that's 4 more PoA. Wrists are just ball joints. Elbows are ball hinge. There's an above-bicep swivel and a ball-hinged shoulder.
So that's another 18PoA, for a total of 34PoA for a 2008 Brute Halo figure.

You really can't find toys this detailed, near perfect looking and with high QC, with this much articulation anymore.
Crazy what you could get for $8 back then.
>>
>>6399602
>>6399607
>>6399618

Ugh. US toy companies need to quit this pin hinge joint shit. It's so ugly and outdated.
>>
>>6411546
Not sure why you're trying to pick on McFarlane when they're one of the few companies that tries to hide the joints as much as possible and have them concealed.
>>
>>6399604
It bothers me that Commander Shepard can't crabwalk in the games.
>>
>>6415464
I don't think this is Sheppard.
>>
>>6408859
WHY ARE HIS ARMS SO SMALL WHAT IS THAT
>>
>>6399589
>>6399591
so about as much as the average american. don't see an issue here
>>
>>6399618
But you cut all the chaff out. If you posted these pics and brief voicover, it would be great.a
>>
>>6417044
>read everything for me mommy
Nope.
Spoken language takes 2-10x longer to do.
Faster to read everything in your head, unless you're a grade school drop out.
>>
test
>>
>>6399589
Does anyone know when the Destiny figures will show up
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.