[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wait for the Storm Collectible they said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 89

File: FIGURE-031283_18.jpg (78KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-031283_18.jpg
78KB, 536x800px
>>
at least you get figures, tekken fans are left without any
>>
>>6398896
Lucky Chloe when?
>>
>>6398894
Literally 2mm more of eyeliner paint and it would be flawless.
>>
>>6398948
>>6398948
And maybe a resculpt around the bottom of the eyes so they'd look less baggy.

Also, a reworking of the proportions in general. How they should be reworked would depend on the direction of the sculpting.

Are they going for a realistic Chun Li or a SFV caricature look? Because it seems they're going for an in-between of these two aesthetics, where she has realistic details but cartoony proportions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>6398974
I've been wondering what was off about this figure and you just about nailed it
>>
>>6398894
Looks good to me
>>
>>6398894
Jeez she looks like a tired single mom who's beat her kids a little too much
>>
>>6398978
lmao
>>
>>6398894
looks like she's been waiting all night
>>
>>6398982
NOW I want this figure, and I'm not even big on SF.
>>
>>6398982
The mom that is tired is the mom that doesn't beat her kids enough.
>>
File: Chloe_Sevigny_8631.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe_Sevigny_8631.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
>>6398894
Why is chloe sevigny cosplaying as Chun li?
>>
File: tumblr_moq0l1gh2u1rcaovvo1_500.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moq0l1gh2u1rcaovvo1_500.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>6398894
>Dem hands tho
>>
File: hard mode.jpg (302KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
hard mode.jpg
302KB, 1370x2048px
She's beautiful, isn't she?
>>
>>6398894
Wants it. It's just the lighting and seeing how they do molds all the finer details will me gone.
>>
>>6399272
>hard boiled
>>
>>6398894
I do't see the problem, yes its a bit late for a City Hunter homage, but better late than never.
>>
>>6399447
Finally, a Jackie Chan figure.
>>
>>6399312
>This bombs and the line fails cause everyone bought the SHF Chun Li
I'd argue it was already bombing.
1. QC issues on Ryu and Bison such as plastic having shit tolerance and cracking on people. There isn't a single Bison without cracked shoulder sockets and many have ripped rubber skirts and stressed out hip joints. Ryu has his own set of problems like broken knees, cracked ankle sockets and if you try to take the gi off you will crack his shoulder sockets.
2. Stupid mistakes that shouldn't happen like fucking up Ryu's iconic eyebrow over headband design aesthetic. SC has flesh folding over the bandana instead of just the eyebrows. This Chun Li also fucked up with the paint on the eyes and eyebrows.
3. Shit scale.
4. Using rubber.
5. Less articulation than SHF.
6. Effect parts not as good as SHF

Let's be honest...if the line didn't have QC issues and paint/design issues then the line would have still had a hard time competing with SHF which has excellent QC, articulation and is in the proper scale. Bandai may not have nailed the SFV look but they were never going for it in the first place. They just wanted to make great figures that could be used in all kinds of Capcom displays.
>>
File: Happiness.gif (349KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
Happiness.gif
349KB, 500x320px
>>6398894
Had to take another dead man shift, Chun?
>>
>>6398894
wtf is with those eyes!?

even the PAK chun li's face doesnt look bad as STORM even tho the quality is SHIT. figarts chun li is nice even tho is small. maybe i'll buy this and swap the heads
>>
>>6399739
>Shit scale.
Your other things are correct, but only an autist complains about scales between lines or calls one scale inferior to another. It's not a "shit scale," it's a scale that you don't collect. Boohoo, the world doesn't always cater to you.
>>
>>6399447
Chan Li
>>
>>6399272
Hahah,Id buy this,reminds me of the landlady in Kungfu hustle!
>>
>>6398894
She basically looks like a HE. And to think people were shitting on the SHF line while praising SC. Fast forward some months and all the QC issues the latter has across the board make them basically DOA.
>>
>>6401197
>the QC issues
What qc issues?
>>
>>6401200
Cracked joints, ripped rubber,
>>
>>6401207
Not surprising. Any pics/source?
>>
Whatever, she looks fine. I'd rather have her with a that face instead of a generic anime girl face.
>>
>>6401197
SC's shitty face doesn't absolve SHF's shitty face. The criticism for SHF Chun-Li's anime bullshit face is still 100% valid, even with another shitty head sculpt now on the market.

Think about it like this: we got our SHF, and it was a let down. Then we got our SC, and it was a let down.

And do you know what that means?

We're going to be let down for years before another attempt is made. We're talking minimum of 5 years before we get another option for Chun-Li. SHF fucked us over royally by giving us an almost perfect release, but then making the most uninspired face possible for Chun-Li and demolishing it. It might as well have been taken off of some generic shitty figma boat girl. There's nothing in the way of accuracy that denotes it as a unique face, and that's absolutely criminal. I have WAY more venom for SHF than I do for SC, because I wasn't expecting anything from SC and that's exactly what they delivered. SC could deliver figures with such wildly poor QC that they come in the box burnt to a crisp, and I would still blame SHF more for giving a shoddy product because they should absolutely know better.
>>
File: 1497264943762.jpg (191KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1497264943762.jpg
191KB, 2048x1536px
>>6401210
These are Ryu's feet. Notice the cracked cups.

I saw 1 picture of Bison's skirt flap being ripped right out the box and several of his shoulder joints being cracked, from multiple owners.

>>6401222
I like the SHF's face and was pleasantly surprised by the articulation. To be fair, I can understand how some people might not like the SHF's anime face. While it's unique, it's also generic in the sense that it could pass for any anime China-girl.

>>6398977
Yeah, I think the "neither fish nor fowl" sculpting and proportions are what's off about the SC Chun Li. Well, that and her sad-tits face.
>>
File: received_1445313382158069.jpg (164KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1445313382158069.jpg
164KB, 1536x2048px
>>6401257
Same on both sides. Right out of the box.
>>
>>6400539
>Your other things are correct, but only an autist complains about scales between lines or calls one scale inferior to another. It's not a "shit scale," it's a scale that you don't collect. Boohoo, the world doesn't always cater to you.
My complaint is they advertised it as 1/12 and it's not 1/12, therefore it's a shit scale. Don't assume I am shitting on it because it's a different scale than I wanted. I'm mad at false advertising.

>>6401222
The SHF face isn't "shitty" though, it's a perfectly reasonable representation that YOU didn't want. Would I have liked a Bengus style figure instead? Yes. Do I think SFV or SF4 look better than what we got? HELL NO. The only reason those look fine in their games is the shaders they use. The Storm Collectibles proves it's a shit sculpt without the use of said shaders. It's why Bandai probably went generic anime route and Capcom probably wouldn't let them do it Bengus style.
>>
File: Street Fighter 2 Guile.jpg (30KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
Street Fighter 2 Guile.jpg
30KB, 360x640px
>>6401440
>it's a perfectly reasonable representation that YOU didn't want.
>it's a perfectly reasonable representation [for SF4]
Hahahah
>>
>>6401460
The SHF mimics the SF4 anime cut-scenes which were generic but it at least does match something despite you autists claiming it doesn't. Like I said, there are better looks they could have went with but there are also much worse looks.
>>
>>6401440
I don't own her myself but personally I think Chun-Li's face looks alright. Reminds me of SF2 and the anime movie. It might not be 100% accurate to SF4, but it's certainly not bad-looking.
>>
>>6401491
If youre talking about the storm collectibles one, it looks like that one Jackie Chan Cosplay
>>
>>6401505
No, talking about the SHF. Sorry, should have made that clear. The SC one looks awful IMO.
>>
File: official street fighter 2 art.jpg (2MB, 5232x3328px) Image search: [Google]
official street fighter 2 art.jpg
2MB, 5232x3328px
>>6401464
>generic anime is perfectly acceptable
>but generic realistic isn't
You're cute when you're being hypocritical.

Sorry dude, but there's nothing autistic about wanting the most prominent style and rejecting something that is only suits your fanboying.

Go ahead and defend Hasbro's figures based on this official art and i won't call you a hypocritical fanboy.
>>
>>6401510
Then we're on the same page my dude
>>
>>6401284
It's a feature according to Storm Collectibles. Blue Fin said the same thing.
>>
>>6401549
If you think thats generic realism you need to take the nightmare glasses off
>>
File: generic realistic asian female.jpg (56KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
generic realistic asian female.jpg
56KB, 720x960px
>>6401556
>>6401556
Martial artists generally aren't hollywood beautiful and that is supposed to be a nightmare of a monster in that art too.
>>
>>6401549
>generic realistic
Yeah, I think that's precisely what's wrong with it. It's generic realistic.

For example, take a mannequin with its vague features and dress it up. It'll look okay, maybe even really good.

But if you give it more pronounced features and a pair of realistic eyes, then it's going to look creepy and kinda disgusting.

Make a full on statue, made by highly skilled craftsmen, and it'll look brilliant.

SC Chun Li falls into the second category. It's neither generic nor realistic. It has realistic bags under the eyes and a pronounced nose, yet no cheeks. It's proportionally small if it's meant to be realistic, yet proportionally accurate to the cartoony source material.

>>6398974
>>6398977
Yeah, I think that's why there's something "off" about the figure in general. Even if we discount her "tired Chinese hooker" look.
>>
>>6401570
Then you've finally gone full circle and conceded the point that you contested to begin with.

Other anon wanted an anime face and was content with the SHF, you want an unsculpted realist potato and are not content with the humanoid offerings so far.bottomline you're both selfishly hoping for a particular style and Bandai delivered on one of them since its appealing and sold like a charm. End
>>
>>6401570
>Martial artists generally aren't hollywood beautiful
Right, instead they're Chinese/HK martial arts movie beautiful, which means they actually look like women and not men in wigs.
>>
>>6401572
>by highly skilled craftsmen
Completely subjective, since you're probably just thinking about making them look like an idealized female and rejecting what the highly skilled craftsman who sculpted the toy because it doesn't suit your idol.

Feels like you're just defending SOTA's generic stuff, which i passed over so easily. Just like I passed over SC's, because I'm certainly not even defending their shit.

>>6401579
All I'm saying is that you're hypocritical and being way selective about what's acceptable and what isn't, just because it suits your spin on the matter.

Both of the toys are disappointing as fuck, making PAK's look competent.
And here I am waiting for something that's actually looks like its worth the license it came from.
>>
>>6401582
You need to look up the definition of hypocrite and selfish in the dictionary,they're not synonyms
>>
>>6401606
Not sure why they relate.

Yes, I guess i am selfish for expecting and wanting toys to look like they're a game i play.

You're still hypocritical and love spinning shit like even saying it's wrong to be selfish to expect toys to look like they're from a video game.
Is that what you're even trying to say with "Selfish?" I'm not really even sure and i think you're better off saying I'm autistic for expecting something from a video game to look like it came from a video game or whatever you want to use to dismiss criticism for your favorite toybrand over.
>>
>>6398894
Bioware sculpts toys now?
>>
>Everyone complaining about how SC figures apparently have bad QC issues, how bad they look, how bad the articulation is, and sperging over the tiny use of rubber

My Ryu and Bison are perfectly fine, so either I was super lucky and the ones I received didn't have as bad QC, or everyone in this thread is being autistic as shit and blowing the "issues" out of proportion.
I wonder if this is just a hivemind on /toy/? Damn. For the same price as the SHFs I much prefer SC because it just looks higher quality than the SHF. Much more details in the sculpt and paint, and has less of a cheaper shiny look on the plastic parts compared to SHF.
But definitely if you're looking for Street Fighter toys to play around with and handle like 10 year-olds then SHF is better, I just like displaying my figures.

I feel like most of the people complaining here don't even have the SC figures in-hand. From the Youtube reviews I watched before I bought Ryu it looked really good, and after receiving it in-hand it was what I expected and more. /toy/ is really the only place complaining about all of these claims like here >>6399739.

While y'all keep whining and crying about the use of rubber and "cheap QC" that doesn't break unless you have hamhands, I'll keep getting the SC figures because imo they look better than SHFs.
>>
are there any other images of SC Chun Li?

>he doesn't want a milf version to go with the young anime SHF version
>>
>>6401661
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-031283&page=top
>>
File: smug anime girl2.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl2.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>6401645
>y'all
>not "you"
>mfw

my only complaint is that face.
>>
>>6401687

she actually looks pretty good from other angles

the rest of the body is definitely better than the SHF (even though SHF is really good too) provided it stays in one piece and doesn't have busted joints
>>
>>6398894
I think the eye bags won't be noticeable on the actual product, partly from being washed out through production and partly from not looking at the figure through a magnifier. I guess they are over-scupting the details? At least I hope so, kinda how dot-printed figuarts faces actually look good in hand.
>>
File: waifu.gif (483KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.gif
483KB, 500x200px
>>6399272
>>6401011
I love dat woman!
>>
File: predator monsterats.png (831KB, 633x749px) Image search: [Google]
predator monsterats.png
831KB, 633x749px
>>6401645
This type of shit always happens when a Figuarts version is released.

Their fanboys are the worst and will take any little evidence no matter how minor it actually is and blow it out of proportion, just so they can say that everyone should buy the Figuarts instead.

It's one of the reasons why the Star Wars and NECA threads are so bad these days. They never really recover as long as long as they continue releasing products, but at least they can admit how bad the product is is after preorders and stores no longer sell them... almost like these fanboys are just shop owners needing to clear out the merch.
>>
File: nop.jpg (86KB, 402x246px) Image search: [Google]
nop.jpg
86KB, 402x246px
>Dat open mouth head

reminds me Figma Saitama, my less favorite figma figure.
>>
>>6402525
>All that strawmanning
Nah bruh, SC just sucks. Sorry you invested in the wrong brand.
>>
File: microman SF.jpg (266KB, 1600x1033px) Image search: [Google]
microman SF.jpg
266KB, 1600x1033px
>>6402635
>investing in any brand but my own is wrong
I like how people in this thread aren't really defending SC's sculpt, nor anyone talking about how SOTA's stuff are the greatest. PAKs are brought up with a caveat. Hasbro's were mentioned to compare how bad is bad is bad. No one's even brought up the Revoltechs or the NECA figures.

So this thread, and others, show pretty clearly what really causes threads to devolve.

Also, everyone knows Takara made the best Chun Li.
>>
>>6401645
SHOW ME ONE FUCKING BISON WITHOUT CRACKED SHOULDERS.

I've gone through 3 at my local store and they're all cracked.

Its almost like it was done on purpose and its fucking amazing how terrible it is.

There is seriously no excuse for this.
>>
>>6402525
>>6401645
But it's true, SC does have bad qc and shoddy practices. Take a look on this review of their Mike Tyson figure
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My_MiePcOrA

The joints are made if bendy wires as if they don't care if it will break in the future as long the the customers get it in one piece. Now it's happening again to their SF and Mk line and I'm not surprised. If I'll buy a figure from them and not move the joints to not break them then I'll just buy a statue instead.
>>
>>6401549
"What you want senpai"
"Make me look more feminine"
>tapes two baseballs to inside of shirt
>>
>>6402826
>Mk line
I have not heard of a single bad widespread QC issue with the MK stuff.
>>
File: SFV-Chun.png (326KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
SFV-Chun.png
326KB, 750x400px
>>6402529

Not just the mouth. She's also got the same beady eyed look.

The face paint apps are just all wrong. Even compared to the game model.
>>
>>6402886
Only because there's no other company making MK figures right now, so there's no one to say how bad it is compared to their brand.

Come on dude, you should already recognize how /toy/ works.
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Chun-Li-Figure-008.jpg (136KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Chun-Li-Figure-008.jpg
136KB, 1370x2048px
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Chun-Li-Figure-004.jpg (176KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Chun-Li-Figure-004.jpg
176KB, 1536x2048px
>>6403319
it looks good to me, Gonna get.
>>
File: DSC_8541_3_480x480.jpg (21KB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8541_3_480x480.jpg
21KB, 480x321px
>>6403323
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/28/storm-collectibles-street-fighter-chun-li-figure-258034
>>
>complaining about Bandai loyalists while also being loyalists by ignoring reported QC issues with Bison
The irony
>>
>>6402755
>>investing in any brand but my own is wrong
I don't have a brand, I buy from whatever line has the best figure.

If mezco made a Ryu, I'd drop the figuarts in a heart beat. Mezco has QC just as bad as SC but at least the figures look really good.
>>
>>6403316
That's not how QC issues work.
>>
>>6403345
>buying anything at all when the sculpts are this bad
Better just to wait until someone makes something good and not waste money.

>>6403360
you're right. QC means that it's completely random because the workers don't care if they do it right or not, making it highly subjective on whether the toy you received has problems or not.
>>
>>6402886
If you watched Anthony's customs video review of Bison, he mentioned Subzero's wrist as prone to breaking.
>>
File: 594991.jpg (33KB, 472x315px) Image search: [Google]
594991.jpg
33KB, 472x315px
I'm collecting the SHF, but I wouldn't mind getting this one just because it's Akuma (and I'll still get the SHF if they make one of their own).
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499280807965.jpg (95KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499280807965.jpg
95KB, 1440x960px
>this fucking design
HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHBAAHAHAHABAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>6405418
>>6405931
So I guess he just can't move his head at all?
>>
>>6405931
I hate akuma, this makes me hate him more lol
>>
>>6405958
>I hate akuma, this makes me hate him more lol
Sounds like someone needs to hakuna matata
>>
>>6405931
This look really didn't translate well into figure form
Looks like he's coming out of someone's red asshole
>>
>>6405962
akuma matata*
>>
File: akuma matata.jpg (345KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
akuma matata.jpg
345KB, 1440x960px
>>6405931
>>6405962
>>6405964
>>
>>6405977
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Aah... saved!
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-003.jpg (189KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-003.jpg
189KB, 1370x2048px
I know people like to shit on the design for looking "silly", but I personally don't mind it. Also considering how Akuma's entire gimmick is how he's not even a normal human anymore, I don't really find the lion mane design to be that ridiculous. Maybe I'm just biased towards Akuma's general design motif being sourced from deities and demonic entities which tend look more bestial in appearance, but it's why I don't really get all the joking about his new look.

Anyway, Storm put out more pics, and it's probably the first and only one I'll get from their line.
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-001.jpg (187KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-001.jpg
187KB, 1370x2048px
>>6407184
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-011.jpg (187KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-011.jpg
187KB, 1370x2048px
>>6407186
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-002.jpg (166KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-002.jpg
166KB, 2048x1370px
>>6407188
>>
>>6407184
>and it's probably the first and only one I'll get from their line.
Might as well get two so that you have a back up when the first one falls apart.
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-010.jpg (194KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-010.jpg
194KB, 1370x2048px
>>6407190
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-008.jpg (178KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-008.jpg
178KB, 2048x1536px
>>6407192
>>6407191
I'll admit, I plan on sticking with SHF, but Akuma is the only one I'm willing to make an exception where I'm fine with buying figures of him from other lines. I'm just hoping that I don't get hit by Storm's QC issues.
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-014.jpg (172KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-014.jpg
172KB, 2048x1370px
>>6407195
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-013.jpg (156KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-013.jpg
156KB, 1370x2048px
>>6407196
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-016.jpg (176KB, 2048x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-016.jpg
176KB, 2048x1375px
>>6407197
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-015.jpg (208KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-015.jpg
208KB, 2048x1370px
>>6407199
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-018.jpg (175KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-018.jpg
175KB, 2048x1370px
>>6407201
>>
File: Storm-SFV-Akuma-021.jpg (211KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-SFV-Akuma-021.jpg
211KB, 1370x2048px
>>6407202
>>
>>6407205
The beads going inside the tunic, instead of being worn on the outside is triggering the shit out of me.
>>
>>6407202
I will never buy this, and I will not say that it is a good look for Akuma, but that is really fucking badass looking.
>>
>>6407205
why does he look like the cowardly lion?
>>
>>6407202
>>6407205
Wow this design looks terrible.
>1:12
6" inches my ass, more like 7-8" inches.
>>
>>6407568
1/12 can be 7-8 inches, dumbass. That's how scale works.
If the character is 8 ft, then at 1/12 scale the toy would be 8''.
1/12 doesn't automatically equal '6 inches'.
>>
>>6407596
So are you trying to prove his point anon? By listing how 1/12 works that is what you ended up doing. Ryu is a manlet and wanna guess how tall his figure is? Akuma is a slightly taller manlet than Ryu, wanna guess how tall his figure will be?
Manlets should have manlet figures if they are in 1/12 scale, no? That is what you stated
I guess that means these figures aren't actually 1/12?
>>
File: satsui no euphoric.png (608KB, 675x851px) Image search: [Google]
satsui no euphoric.png
608KB, 675x851px
>>6407202

M'demon
>>
>>6407596
You retarded? He is saying it isn't actually 1/12 scale, this line advertised it but it made everyone wildly out of scale.

If this was truly 1/12 Akuma should be a little less than 6 inches.
>>
File: rlly bitch.jpg (43KB, 564x567px) Image search: [Google]
rlly bitch.jpg
43KB, 564x567px
>all of their SF figures are from the SFV designs, plaster SFV everywhere and are very clear that their Street Fighter figure line is specifically from SFV
>people still surprised/butthurt that they're doing Akuma's SFV design
Wow, it's almost like Storm is doing whatever Capcom is allowing them to do.
Can't believe all these "toy collectors" don't even understand how figure licensing works.
As expected of facebook.
>>
>>6401284
>>6401257
Just as clarification, how loose does the cracked socket made the joints? Are they floppy now, or is it just manageable?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Bison. I'll probably get Bison, Alex and Zangief on Storm Collectibles to combine with my SHF fighters because SHF is unlikely to do Alex and Zangief, or even Bison since they barely do any villains and try fudge the scale
>>
>>6407962
>Just as clarification, how loose does the cracked socket made the joints? Are they floppy now, or is it just manageable?
If your still considering getting it after knowing that its going to come broken, will it really matter how loose it is? It seems your determined to own it no matter how shitty it is.
>>
>>6407764
Not sure why you're surprised, given that this thread is mostly to shit on a company for daring to make the same toys as another company.
>>
>>6408069
>>6407764
Or maybe "toy collectors" aren't obligated to like something purely because of its source material.
>>
>>6408073
They aren't obligated to like it but I'm seeing lots of people like on their fb page saying "Why not the previous games' Akuma design????" When it's obvious by now that they're only making figures from the SFV designs most probably because that's what they CAN do with their license from Capcom.
>>
>>6408076
Oh, you were talking about the actual facebook, instead of calling 4chan/this thread that. Alright then.
>>
>>6408073
Well, there's that too, but when it's an SFV thread about SFV and you hate the designs... why are you there in the first place?

There's a ton of shit i hate and I'm not in TF threads shitting up the place to tell everyone how much their Bayformer shit sucks or Barbie threads about how stupid and unarticulated they are with their non-human looking idol.

Shitting on Chun Li for looking like she's 50 is one thing, because she clearly doesn't in the game, but it's another for hating on Akuma's SFV design in the game.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact most hate clearly comes from people just not liking the company for making toys that another company is making.
>>
>>6408088
>Of course, this is ignoring the fact most hate clearly comes from people just not liking the company for making toys that another company is making.
That's not it at all, and this isn't even a SFV thread to begin with, it's a Storm Collectibles thread.

The Akuma figure seriously has some faults, they didn't even give his mane any articulation/optional pieces to let him turn his head to the side properly and they seriously should have put some kind of paint detailing on his face beyond the black lipstick, it looks so bland and flat compared to the detailing they did to the hair surrounding it. And beyond that there're the usual worries of QC that SC has accumulated now.
>>
File: Akuma-Intro-2.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Akuma-Intro-2.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>6408114
>this isn't even a SFV thread to begin with, it's a Storm Collectibles thread.
duh?
That's my point, in that the hate comes mostly for the fact that this thread is to hate on the company.
The guy still has a point though, in that a lot of criticism is for them trying to make accurate looking toys.

>they didn't even give his mane any articulation/optional pieces to let him turn his head to the side properly
plz no retarded yamaguchi articulation and butchering the look of the figure.

>they seriously should have put some kind of paint detailing on his face beyond the black lipstick, it looks so bland and flat compared to the detailing they did to the hair surrounding it.
I'm not sure what more they can add.
I'm not sure if they already added the shadows themselves, or if that's just the lighting creating those shadowing effects in his face, but it looks fine as it is. There's really nothing they can do, unless you want them to darken the shadows that already exist?
>>
>>6408088
>Shitting on Chun Li for looking like she's 50 is one thing, because she clearly doesn't in the game, but it's another for hating on Akuma's SFV design in the game.
This. Saying that the eyes on Chun looks lazy is fine because you're just picking apart the figure's execution with regards to the source. In comparison, shitting on the Akuma figure simply because of its design source when the Storm figures have clearly been inspired from SFV is just plain silly.
>>
>>6408049
It does matter how loose it is. If it is still functional then I don't care what's inside the joint
>>
>>6408135
How did they not foresee that clipping would be a huge problem for this character model?
>>
>>6407184
It just looks dumb. Maybe if the mane ended at a beard on his chin he would look better, but he's a literal neckbeard with a man bun.
Then design comes off as a really desperate cry for attention on Capcom's end that backfired.
>>
>>6407764
A lot of people flat out stopped following SFV so they don't know about a lot of these shitty new designs in the first place and were just expecting renditions of the characters that appeared in games they actually played, or at least something close enough. Akuma isn't close enough to most fans.
>>
>>6407205
The face needs more shading/wash so it's not as plain and derpy looking.

The mane is stupid, but I wonder why they don't add the regular head on him. You can easily play as classic hair Akuma costume in SFV (as DLC) right away so it should be part of the license. I'd rather have an extra head than the extra open hands that kind of look the same compared to the other open hands pair
>>
>>6398894
The logo says SFV, but the figure says MvCI.
>>
>>6401645
I'm beginning to realize that hamhands is a purely western-toy collector meme to excuse trash-tier quality control. I don't see MUH HAMHANDS nearly as much on Figma, Figuarts, or RD generals as I do when it comes to western fans. Yea, there are bad egg eastern brands too but the fans are upfront about them being garbage, like the momo fans. Not even the fucking gunpla threads always go on about hamhands
>>
>>6408368
>too new to remember the wave of /v/ hamhands with their Samus/Link Figmas
>>
>>6408391
I'm not saying hamhands don't exist I'm saying it's usually just an accusation by fanboys of primarily western lines to dismiss poor qc
>>
>>6408391
Also the Link Figma's sword just had problems that most people acknowledge and warned against
>>
>>6408135
>plz no retarded yamaguchi articulation and butchering the look of the figure.

articulation hater pls go. these are fighting game characters, articulation is even more important.
>>
>>6408455
This. Fighting game characters are supposed to be super-dynamic and poseable. It would make no sense to choose sculpt over articulation on a character like that.
>>
>>6408455
Yamaguchi articulation isn't good articulation, it's stupid gimmick articulation. Like plopping massive spherical joints into a cape or some of the other trash decisions that they make. Everyone wants more articulation, and a well done solution to Akuma's neckbeard would be welcomed by all, but nothing clever and well implemented ever comes from Yamaguchi and Revoltech, it's always monstrously ugly but their fans will defend it to the day they die.
>>
>>6408701
Stop being an idiot. No one is defending "Yamaguchi articulation", but SC's decision to make the mane like this was beyond retarded.

The SFV akuma design is terrible, but this figure makes it look a lot worse.
>>
File: DEGmGUeW0AAHS3Y.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmGUeW0AAHS3Y.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>6408701
>Yamaguchi articulation isn't good articulation, it's stupid gimmick articulation.

That's your opinion, not a fact.

>Like plopping massive spherical joints into a cape or some of the other trash decisions that they make.

How many Street Fighter characters have a cape?

>Everyone wants more articulation, and a well done solution to Akuma's neckbeard would be welcomed by all, but nothing clever and well implemented ever comes from Yamaguchi and Revoltech, it's always monstrously ugly but their fans will defend it to the day they die.

The same way you will atack it to the day you die.
>>
>>6408701
Ah it's yamaguchianon again
Can't wait for you to post the same images and whine about how he ruined your favorite ninja turtles with shit designs for the umpteenth time
>>
>>6398894
>character creator gives the okay on these figures
>faces look pretty okay on the previous releases
>somehow okayed the headsculpt on this Chun Li
How did this happen?
>>
>>6408049
According to AnthonyCuckstoms, the president of SC called him and told him(not sure why him instead of making an official post or something) that the cracked shit is supposed to be cracked because it would crack eventually anyway or something
Also thanks for stroking his ego SC president
>>
>>6408805
Holy crap those look great. I'm not a Marvel guy but I would love to see more of these get made. (New) Revoltech Batman and Judge Dredd when?
>>
>>6408805
Fuck, that wolverine is going to be so good.
>>
>>6408847
Thanks, I'll file that under "things that never happened".
>>
>>6408701
>it's stupid gimmick articulation

uh huh. wtf does that even mean....

Raiden was pretty good. can't speak for the new spidey and deadpool, but the articulation looks pretty good.
>>
>>6408325
>How did they not foresee that clipping would be a huge problem for this character model?
It's either investing more into the character model with special dynamic technology or just do what every cartoon does and whogivesafuckletsjustclipmyamazingliondesign.

>>6408455
Articulation is great, until the point it starts making the toy look retarded.
Sorry, but not everyone is into Yamaguchis frankensteins made of balls and floating detached limbs with eye gouging edges everywhere.

Happy mediums exist, like most toylines, including Storm Collectibles, have proven. The head on that Akuma isn't even stuck in one place, so whats the complaint anyway? It can look side to side, up and down. What else is there?

>>6408793
There's no way to make the mane be articulated, unless you go with the retarded shit Yamaguchi does.

>>6408821
Why does it bother you so much that more than one person can have opinions that differ from you? He's not me and a legitimate critcism is legitimate whether its brought up once or a hundred times.
>>
>>6409180
>Articulation is great, until the point it starts making the toy look retarded.
and I guess you're the magic arbiter of where that line is huh?
>>
>>6409219
everyone has different tastes.

If you like the retarded yamaguchi shit, that's fine. I'm not so extreme as to overlook the retardeshit he does and seek only a happy medium.

So please understand that not everyone craves extremes.
>>
File: Akuma-sf3-eviltaunt.gif (79KB, 113x119px) Image search: [Google]
Akuma-sf3-eviltaunt.gif
79KB, 113x119px
>>6409180
>It's either investing more into the character model with special dynamic technology or just do what every cartoon does and whogivesafuckletsjustclipmyamazingliondesign.
But they know this is Akuma. They know if they use character animations that replicate his movement in past games, his chin is going to be tight against his chest quite often. Even in taunts or character intros, where the camera is focused closely on him. It seems like an obvious mistake that could have been avoided just by having a little foresight.
>>
>>6409234
>>6409180
And just like every other shitposter about revos all you can say is
>muh balls muh tumor joints so retarded
Next you'll move on to "CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK"
>>
>>6407764

SF5 is actually looking to replace SF3 as the least popular SF of all time due to it's janky mechanics and horrible redesigns. So it's no surprise people don't know about Lion King Akuma, because they stopped following the game the moment the FGC dropped it like the hunk of crap it is. Only thing keeping it alive is that Capcom owns/runs most of the US tourny events, so of course their baby will be kept on life support by this.
>>
File: Darkstalkers.png (417KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
Darkstalkers.png
417KB, 600x333px
>>6409599
Fucking Capcom why don't make more Darkstalkers games instead of those shitty Street Figthers games? WHY?!
>>
>>6409599
Season 2 killed SFV. SFV vanilla is kind of comparable to SF4 vanilla, yes it is a step down from the complexity of USF4 but it is fresh restart, all characters have unique V-trigger, and I actually welcome the lax execution requirement so that people can jump easier into the game and right into the mindgame and interesting part rather than spending dozens of hours in practice mode plinking the links in combos.

However, season 2 rather than improving on season 1 complexity, completely overturned the applecart once again, significantly nerfing several characters and clipping their limbs (Chun, Ryu, Nash) making all things you learned from S1 pointless. At that point a lot of mid level players, like the top 64ers and the bulk of stream watchers just dropped the game because of the bullshit.Without the midlevel crowd to support the streams, be engaged, SFV is more like a spectator sports now
>>
>>6398894
Is this damage control or did he actually talk to them?
https://youtu.be/WGs111NngPs
>>
>>6409617
>The cracks are by design
It blatantly looks like a forced crack and not a smooth split though. What the hell is this?
>>
>>6409617
>anthony's customs
Okay, well, can't trust that he's not a shill because all the guy does is shill.
>>
>>6409617
>broken fucking sockets are by design

Bull. Shit.
>>
File: bison crack.jpg (123KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bison crack.jpg
123KB, 1080x1440px
>>6409617
Look at this. The plastic looks stressed and solidly damaged.
>>
>>6409655
Regardless of cracking, how is the tightness of the joint? Does it still hold pose or it's totally floppy?
>>
>>6409658
Even if it's tight at first it'll get loose quicker than if it were whole. When plastic fractures like that it'll continue to fracture when put under stress, like how a seam comes undone.
>>
>>6409658
On my figure the left arm pops off if you look at it too hard.
>>
>>6409675
>Guy who will shill ANYTHING for profit and spends his days pushing bbts links and preorders while taking advantage of people on patreon for meager rewards like seeing a video a day early or getting to play with anthony on xbox live for $1 a minute is dishonest

Who knew.
>>
>>6409674
>Revoltech has about as big of a following here as PAK, which is to say almost nonexistent because everyone knows better.

Not him, but there's no reason to talk shit over other people's preferences. Revo has more following than PAK's just by the fact that their fans are able to maintain a general thread unlike other failed general like PAK, MOTUC, etc.

You clearly don't like Revo, so good for you you can save up some money to buy other things you like better. Other people are certainly into Revo so good for them that they can get figures of character they like and do some extreme posing with it.

I'm not into BJD/Asian doll, Gunpla, Armymen, DBZ, Capeshit, but I don't go around and talk shit about them. You're literally saying that muh useless plastic garbage is better than your useless plastic garbage on Cambodian scuba diving imageboard.

Grow up anon, don't be a shitter.
>>
>>6410483
Nah, Subjectanon hates SHF because reasons.

The Figuarts look to be the way to go. Even aside from stylistic choices, the SC figures are just badly made. A shame as I thought they looked pretty good but the QC issues are inexcusable.

A shame that we aren't likely to get non-tiny Revo SF stuff, I'd love a Revoltech Cammy done like their new comic book stuff.
>>
So SC is like Mafex but worse because atleast Mafex made some improvement on its figures.
>>
>>6410487
If they could make a Cammy with an ass like Gwen I would be so fucking happy.
>>
>>6410472

I just can't get behind SHF due to the scale. I realize 6 inch is the standard and what most people want, but I vastly prefer 7-9 inch.
>>
File: 20170621_142954.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170621_142954.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>6402767
>cracked shoulders
Are you serious? It was on purpose.
>>
>>6410668
It may be intentional, but that doesn't mean it's not retarded. I don't think the answer to the problem of "oh no we made a figure whose shoulder sockets are too tight and they might break on people" is to break them yourselves first. God damn, that's so fucking cheap and shitty.

That said, I'm going to buy this figure. I'll buy it and I'll enjoy it but I won't act like this issue wasn't handled as poorly as possible.
>>
>>6410668
>It was on purpose
Is that supposed to be better?
>>
File: 1425478030427.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1425478030427.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>6410668
>The toy is supposed to be broken
>>
File: latest-10.png (567KB, 659x543px) Image search: [Google]
latest-10.png
567KB, 659x543px
>>6410720
Um... what? The sculpted cracks in his shoulder are a tad exaggerated but it's supposed to represent the scratches on the in game character's shoulder pads...
>>
>>6411045
Hahahaha, ohhhhh dude, you're so lost. We're not talking about the scratches on the shoulder pads, we're talking about the socket for the shoulder joints, where the plastic is cracking. Which is most definitely NOT a good thing, and hopefully not intentional....
>>
File: Dg6xBpJ.jpg (55KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dg6xBpJ.jpg
55KB, 720x960px
>>6410668
>>6411045
Nobody's talking about his fucking shoulder pads, buddy.
>>
>>6411055
I think the difference is that SHF and Revoltech are a matter of taste, while SC breaking is an actual QC issue.
>>
Is it impossible for SC to make Akuma's mane softer plastic? You know like those fagmoes
They can't be that stupid right? To make the head have no range at all
>>
>>6411137
But anon, the lack of range is intentional.
>>
>>6409608
sales boyo
>>
>>6411122
These are intentional.

SC themselves have said they did this to avoid breakages from the arm swapping gimmick
>>
>>6411304
Intentional molded cuts don't show white stress marks.
>>
>>6411318
Those are intentional stress marks.
>>
File: glorious.jpg (54KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
glorious.jpg
54KB, 400x394px
>>6411321
>Those are intentional stress marks.
>>
>>6411318
>>6411323
It's called crumple-zone toy design. Make predictable QC issues in order to avoid unforseen ones.
>>
>>6411325
Kinda makes sense, but there's dozens of toy companies who have no trouble using plastics that don't break and supporting swappable limbs/heads.

So it's a negative point, albiet a nonissue if it's not actually impeding the function of the toy.

>>6411137
That looks to be soft plastic already, since it seems to be moving in all directions without any problem.
>>
>>6411325
Yeah, nah. Fuck outta here with that. How about instead you just make a durable toy that works in the first place. This ain't a fucking car. Just build a toy that can stand up to the stresses of what you supposedly designed it for, aka limb swapping.
>>
Oh your issue is the hidden joint socket. Well mine are working great in spite of me constantly switching and posing. So they must be doing something right.

Now if the figures actually start breaking you've got something. Otherwise... non issue.
>>
>>6411304
>>6411321
>>6411325
>>6411501
Wait you guys keep talking about "stress marks." Are you unaware that there are figures that have full-on cracked?
>>
>>6411504
They're intentionally cracked.
>>
File: We were better off extinct.jpg (330KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
We were better off extinct.jpg
330KB, 800x600px
>>6411514
Are you being paid by SC to defend this shit? They shouldn't have to be cracked to not break. That's shitty design. Use more malleable plastic, use a different joint-swapping system, use magnets, fucking anything is better than a toy so shit that they deliberately broke it to try and stave off the inevitable.
>>
>>6411523
>Are you being paid by SC to defend this shit?
Jesus man, there's this thing called humour.

"Crumple-zone toy design" is a joke.
>>
Bisons arm socket was intentionally cracked. Go watch Anthony's customs latest vid, he claims he spoke to the president of Storm, and the pres told him they cracked it on purpose to swap the arms out easily, dumbass move regardless
>>
>>6411589
>they cracked it on purpose to swap the arms out easily,
This is so dumb I can actually imagine them doing this.
>>
>>6411321
>Those are just workout lines!
Classic.
>>
File: IMG_20170709_155546.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170709_155546.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Welp worse than cracking socket, I received two right biceps on my figure.

Does anyone have experience with SC customer service? Should I email the hong kong email on their website or contact the distributor? I bought my figure from Amazon
>>
>>6411965
Seeing how Anthony could easily get in touch with the President of SC, it shouldn't be that difficult!
Also you can easily just get a refund on Amazon
>>
>>6411986
He's an e-celeb with some following and I'm a nobody though. I'll try to contact the distributor from Amazon. It is actually a hassle for me to return the figure since I live fairly far away from post office, I'm just hoping to get a replacement arm
>>
>>6411965
>>6411986
Update on this, I got a reply from [email protected] and they'll send me a replacement left arm
>>
I was wondering, if anyone has them, is there a face sculpt under the mask for the Scorpion and Sub-Zero figures?
>>
>>6414405
I don't have them but there is a frightening mouth hole under the mask, no faces.
>>
>>6414413
now I'm wishing more that they just had alternate heads instead of masks.
>>
>>6414420
Why don't you love me, anon?
>>
>>6399272
THE LION'S ROAR
>>
do the Mortal Kombat figures have the same QC issues as the Street Fighter ones?
>>
>>6414447
No.
>>
>>6414429
>When you bust a nut but she keeps sucking
>>
File: 176.jpg (116KB, 379x568px) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
116KB, 379x568px
>>6411523
Hey man, just posting to say that's the second time I've seen that filename, and it's a good filename. Good job.
>>
File: sawed-cement-control-joint.jpg (16KB, 450x194px) Image search: [Google]
sawed-cement-control-joint.jpg
16KB, 450x194px
I don't own any SC figures yet and can't say what validity the claim about intetional breakage has, but the idea of creating intentional crack points is sometimes legit.

Pic related is an induced crack for retracting concrete. It's a different field and circumstances, I know. Just saying that it may be legit that instead of making a full slit on the socket to allow it to open they induced/predicted a crack so that the socket breaks the exact amount it needs to, or something.

I fear we can only hear the owners say whether the joints work or not, and either believe them or not.
>>
File: your opinion is trash.jpg (56KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
your opinion is trash.jpg
56KB, 600x547px
>>6414538
>I don't own any SC figures
Stopped right there.
>>
File: p03lcphh[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p03lcphh[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x640px
>>6414429
>>
>>6414447
>>6414505

They have their own qc issues >>6403536
, Do read the posts above next time.
>>
>>6414773
I did read them. One or two reports of breaking don't make a QC issue. If that were the case, every toy would have QC issues because every toy gets at least a handful of reports against it. Cracking shoulder sockets is a valid QC problem. Do you see the difference? Maybe you're able to understand this and think critically, but I doubt it.
>>
File: grain.jpg (53KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
grain.jpg
53KB, 852x480px
>>6414976
/toy/ is pretty fail when it comes to understanding anecdotal experiences, especially when it comes to talking about lines they never bother to pay attention to, except in threads like this about "rival" toylines.

Personally, i treat all complaints as a grain of truth, because that's literally how QC works. There's tens of thousands to millions of toys being produced and a couple of people complaining means shit in the long term.
It's why i prefer making my purchases in person, to see with my own eyes if there are any problems.
/toy/ used to be good with people telling others about their purchases, but its increasingly become contentious and exaggerated. So you have people here taking 2 or 3 examples and saying it applies to the whole or calling someone a troll for talking about flaws in their own toys.
>>
>>6414664
where is that chainsaw from?
>>
>>6402755

I have both of those, they are pretty rad.

They are showing their age though, I don't have mine with me now so I can't post a pic but most of the soft plastic is all cracked on mine.
>>
>>6415335
Looks custom.
>>
File: IMG_20170712_015709.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_015709.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>6414538
It's nothing like that at all. The break was all the way through and there are holes to stop the cracks from getting bigger, so in theory the crack shouldn't spread.

I had Bison for 1.5 weeks as desk buddy and the shoulder hasn't loosen up yet. I'm not shilling or anything, as I was also initially skeptical of SC claim and Anthony Cuckstom but the claim might had some credence in it.
>>
File: IMG_20170712_015709.jpg (1MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_015709.jpg
1MB, 1512x2016px
>>6415987
The pic is less clear than I would've liked so I've drawn over the crack. The idea is that there is a hole after the crack to prevent the crack from just continuously spreading
>>
>>6415987
>>6414538
It's a load of shit, whether they are speaking the truth or not, because other companies are able to produce plastic joints that don't break at all.

But as said before, it's ultimately moot, since the cracks and breakage don't seem to impede his actual function.
It's like your phone coming with a plastic film to protect the screen from scratches and it falls off. Who needs that shit anyway (fucking kids! I know you brats dont take care of your shit, yet I still have my original iPhone from the 00s and the screen is still pristine, despite many falls, tumbles, and skids, which i carry with me to this day along with my modern smartphone!)?
>>
File: IMG_20170712_021916.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_021916.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>6416033
>since the cracks and breakage don't seem to impede his actual function.
If the cracks are real cost cutting measures, then it might loosen the joint, or make it unsustainable in the long run.

Anyway, as I said, he's been my desk bud for 1.5 weeks now and his shoulder hasn't really loosened up. See pic related, the shoulder socket is tight enough to lift Figuarts Ryu and maintain pose without any help of stands. The truth is probably somewhere in between, maybe it is a cost cutting measure because they initially engineered joints that are too tight, but then they consider that it is good enough for QC and the hole prevent the crack from spreading further so it is good enough and they purposely break/cut the socket where they wanted it rather than having it uncut and have people break the shoulder sockets at random stress points

Still Bison is a pretty awesome figure, I don't mind mixing lines and I'll collect the bigger characters Bison Zangief and Alex from SC with medium characters Ryu Chun Cammy Rashid and others hopefully from Figuarts
>>
>>6415175
for the love of god, this.
>>
>>
>>6419704
It amazes me how few toys that series has gotten
>>
File: TakeMyMoney.png (223KB, 468x428px) Image search: [Google]
TakeMyMoney.png
223KB, 468x428px
>>6419704
>>6420128
Me too, but fortunately with the SNK revival of the series, there's hope we'll get much more merchandise. IIRC, figma have Kyo and Iori on the works, and I'm here praying for a Mai Shiranui figure.
>>
>>6419704
Awesome! The figma look really underwhelming so I'm glad we have options

Definitely more than i could have even hoped for
>>
File: 1499953702725.jpg (56KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
1499953702725.jpg
56KB, 400x609px
anybody know when will SH fig arts cammy will be released? i see amazon is taking pre orders for 60$ +15$ S&H which sounds like a ripoff. where else can i buy cammy?
>>
File: o0800093313917388930.jpg (166KB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
o0800093313917388930.jpg
166KB, 800x933px
>>6420892
late next month
>>
>>6420925
im happy with my figarts chun and i cant wait to get cammy too. where can i buy cammy apart from amazon? i hope they make more for juri and guile
>>
>>6420929
I'm about to say amiami but looks like the preorders are closed, same on hlj... well the best chance is waiting for the release praying that they get on stock or someone don't pay his order and you can get it.
>>
>>6420975
Huh, they were actually open for quite a while up on there. I wonder if they were scooped up after the SC releases.
>>
>>6419704
I wish they could hurry and make more MK figures first before tackling other franchises.
Shao Kahn when???
>>
>>
>>6425038
they will fuck that up too
>>
>>6425038
if they make wedding gown Nina, I don't know if I could resist, QC problems or not.
>>
>>6398894
I didn't know that they got the rights to do MvC:I Chun Li
>>6425049
They better fucking not
>>
>>6425038
Please make a good King, thats all I want
>>
>>6425038
I know they might fuck it up, but I'm just glad Tekken's getting a new toy line. Hoping for Asuka and King.
>>
>>6420975
most likely amazon will re-open orders at some point, but if you don't want to wait for them, bbts currently has pre-orders available for cammy.
>>
>>6425038
Give me an Asuka Kazama
>>
>>6425038
Amazing. Depending on their character offering I might need to splurge on SFV characters too
>>
>they can make Akuma with an actual good design now thanks to Tekken 7
Dodged a bullet there
>>
>>6425038
Nice, now we can get a GOOD Akuma.
>>
>>6426736
They incorporated Akuma into Tekken lore and even shoved him into the history of two central characters in the series.
>>
>>6426747
>>6426755
I wonder how exactly do they negotiated the licenses and copyright?

I mean, invited and special characters from other unrelated franchises is a common thing, like Link in Soul calibur, or Jason on Mortal Kombat. But plainly taking one fighting character from another fighting company... is weird. Most crossover fighting games go like half and half, like SNK vs Capcom, or Tekken X Capcom.

Taking only one character as special dlc? Only instance I can remember would be Ryu on the smash bros series.
>>
>>6426836
Ono and Harada are bros.

SF x Tekken was also made awhile back so I'm sure they made some sorta negotiation to stick him in 7 so people will get ready for the future cross over made by Namco themselves.
>>
>>6426151
>>6426287

If they do this that'd be amazing and hilarious.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500514434627.jpg (81KB, 1443x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500514434627.jpg
81KB, 1443x960px
YOOOOOOO
Storm Collectibles got BTFO.
>>
>>6429498
Thank goodness. I'm actually okay with Storm doing his SFV look since I still wanted a figure of the new design, but with Bandai making his classic look I can enjoy both designs without worrying about which figure to get since I can just get both now.
>>
>>6429498
What was that anon? That was saying Capcom was only allowing toy companies to do the new design? Yeah, doesn't look like that is the case.
>>
>>6430299
That was obvious since Chun-Li was first shown. It's not accurate to anything.
>>
File: SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-034.jpg (224KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-034.jpg
224KB, 2048x1362px
Is...is he every coming guys?
>>
>>6402755
we will never get a good chun li figure will we
>>
File: Download (9).jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Download (9).jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Whats about this one?I found one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01HDRS7TI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01HDRS7TI&linkId=86ced1b0a09358d2cd223d7ace241720
>>
Is there such things as bootlegs?

I want one of the mk ninjas but unsure to trust ebay fully, well, hong kong is better than mainland china but...you know the drill
>>
File: SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-005.jpg (149KB, 1362x2048px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-005.jpg
149KB, 1362x2048px
>Wait for Storm Collectible Chun Li
Feast your eyes on this!
The fuck?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>6430299
Are you retarded? My guess is that they let Storm (or Storm approached Capcom) to do solely SFV character designs while they let Bandai (or Bandai approached Capcom) to make characters from SF4 or previous designs. It isn't that hard to understand.
>>
>>6430747
Good lord, she seems to get uglier and uglier closer to release. Was this the final product on display?
>>
>>6430747
Why is she so smug
>>
>>6429498
Holy fuck all of my money.
>>
>>6420925
Why does she have cankles?
>>
>>6429498
I hope they come with MESSATSU DEMON FINISH background, similar to how Ryu came with the waterfall stage and Chun came with the Hong Kong street stage.

Wondering what kind of other gimmick Figuarts can muster. It'll be boring if he just come with Hadouken effect
>>
>>6430747
that ass tho
>>
>>6430549
Considering that they showed six new prototypes, it would be shocking if Shao Kahn was never released. It's probably going to be a while, though.
>>
>>6430747
idgi she looks qt to me
>>
>>6430747
I legit can't wait to buy this. Come at me pussies.
>>
>>6398894
They were right.
>>
>>6430747
She looks sexy af.
>>
>>6430747
Jesus christ SC, would it kill you guys to put some kind of a proper wash, shading or just any kind of detail? The legs are so monotone that it looks like that's her skin colour instead of leggings.
>>
>>6430747
Looks good to me, gonna get it.
>>
>>6430772
mmmhmm sure
>>
>>6430747
looks like a transvestite
*uuurp*
>>
Is Alex kill? We saw the prototype super early, maybe even the 3rd shown after Bison and Ryu but the got lapped by Ken, Akuma, Zangief and Chun Li in term of release date and paints
>>
>>6433224
Their washes don't look good. Look at M.Bison for example. It looks really bad.
>>
File: SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-001.jpg (319KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2017-Storm-Collectibles-001.jpg
319KB, 2048x1362px
>Show a bunch of repaints

The line it's going to be fine. Right?
>>
>>6414429
When is the re-release supposed to come out?
>>
>>6434837
They better be. I need my SC Terry Bogard.
>>
>>6434837
>one female
>>
>>6434837
Repaints sure will sure look good on the shelves for years to come.
>>
>>6434858
>3 Akuma
>3 neo-Ken
>6(!) Ryu
>one fucking Chun
>>
>>6434858
Not gonna lie, i don't want SC to come out with a Laura figure. It'd be a nightmare for her only figure to be a flatly coloured mess.
>>
http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/23/sdcc-2017-gallery-storm-collectibles-tekken-7-heihachi-mishima-264291

i suppose kazuya is next since theyre the two main characters of t7
>>
>>6438543
>http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/23/sdcc-2017-gallery-storm-collectibles-tekken-7-heihachi-mishima-264291
Looks fantastic

>i suppose kazuya is next since theyre the two main characters of t7
Most likely yes. Followed by hopefully non shit Akuma.
>>
>>6434837
Who's honestly going to buy these?
For MK it makes sense, but these aren't even new costumes
>>
>>6438612
The figuarts akuma is looking really good
>>
>>6438543
Nice. I'm glad they went with his classic outfit (not that there's anything wrong with his new one).
>>
>>6429498
The SOTA Akuma seems to still be the best
>>
File: test.jpg (46KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
46KB, 641x960px
I liked the scorpion they've given us so I thought I'd give these guys a chance.

And now we cyborgs now
>>
File: test.jpg (47KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
47KB, 641x960px
>>6438853
Although I'll be skipping the humans, like this guy
>>
File: test.jpg (49KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
49KB, 641x960px
>>6438854
aaaand her butt looks weird here, I worry about their chun li
>>
File: test.jpg (48KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
48KB, 641x960px
>>6438855
Not a fan of the mkX version and this one fucks up the hood a bit, hope they fix that
>>
File: test.jpg (48KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
48KB, 641x960px
>>6438856
Oh look its our boy Barakaa Bama
>>
File: test.jpg (57KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
57KB, 641x960px
>>6438857
these post are starting to drag on a bit here
>>
File: test.jpg (66KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
66KB, 641x960px
>>6438858
Yes yes HHH is coming
>>
File: test.jpg (44KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
44KB, 641x960px
>>6438860
Didn't see many mentions of heatchi so I'd thought I'd butcher his name.

...but yeah I like him
>>
>>6434837
I hope the MESSATSU glowing back is also an option on regular Akuma. 3 repaints each on alt colors looks crazy, these obscure repaints are going to sell double digits. I'm a really big fan of SFV and even I ain't got money or shelf space for the repaints. The only people who are gonna buy the alts are people who uses these alts as their signature mains online.
>>
>>6438811
What, you don't like giant cartoon heads?
>>
File: sota.jpg (77KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
sota.jpg
77KB, 800x438px
>>6438811
Oh, you.
>>
>>6434837
What a wasted opportunities. Nobody are gonna buy those recolors. I would've bought red roided V-Skill Zangief though but they didn't offer that.

I hope for the best of collectors, Storm can understand their limitation with hand sculpting and don't go directly against Figuarts. There are several characters, like Alex, Balrog, Urien, Necalli, basically bigger characters with strong muscular and facial definition that fits SC style really well.

Leave the anime girls like Chun, Cammy, Karin, Mika and the twinks like Rashid and Vega to Figuarts
>>
File: edrvuteeretg5565.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
edrvuteeretg5565.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>6440166
>There are several characters, like Alex, Balrog, Urien, Necalli, basically bigger characters with strong muscular and facial definition that fits SC style really well.
>Leave the anime girls like Chun, Cammy, Karin, Mika and the twinks like Rashid and Vega to Figuarts

Maybe, but isn't like Figuarts have never done a Bulky buy in the past.

Also, the scales don't matching good
>>
>>6440219
Yeah to each of their own. I don't mind exaggerated size for the big guys & villains. Not that the artsyle is ever consistent to begin with. I'm fairly impressed with SC Bison, he's super imposing and his size really adds to him.
>>
I saw a few of the repaints at SDCC had TRU exclusive stickers on their packaging.
>>
>>6438853
>>6438854
>>6438855
>>6438856
>>6438857
>>6438860
Man I am loving SC's MK stuff. My personal favorite reveals of Comic-Con to be entirely honest.
Say what you will about their SF stuff, but thus far their MK figures have been pretty good.
>>
>>6440379
>but thus far their MK figures have been pretty good.
This, but then again, I'm pretty sure that their MK figures have been far more well-received compared to their SF figures.
>>
File: img2.jpg (72KB, 450x677px) Image search: [Google]
img2.jpg
72KB, 450x677px
I'm glad we got Urien, but I wish they did his normal colorway instead of this alt costume one
>>
File: IMG_5347.jpg (272KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5347.jpg
272KB, 1365x2048px
For anyone who's interested, this store has the SDCC exclusive Hot Ryu for $58.99 instead of the exorbitantly expensive $100 eBay listings: https://www.freshfigures.com/products/storm-collectibles-street-fighter-v-hot-ryu

BBTS also has it up for $74.99 but with shipping it would be like $80 while the former link has the option for free shipping or $10.99 2-day shipping (so still $69 instead).
>>
>>6416084
>Anyway, as I said, he's been my desk bud for 1.5 weeks now and his shoulder hasn't really loosened up.
Bison follow up here, I've been fiddling with him for about 3 weeks now. Does anyone notice that the ball joint on his hips gets this weird white powder accumulating? I think that is literally from the hip joints being too tight and the ball joint literally grinding over time. Out of curiosity I tried to pop the hips off and blew over the white dust, and now both of his hips becomes super floppy and immediately pop off with ease. Nothing a layer of super glue cannot fix, but I imagine it is not a permanent solution, and I'll continue to grind the super glue layer again and have to reapply the treatment.

In contrast the shoulder hasn't really loosen up further, I'm kinda buying their excuse that it might be intentional. Who would've thought that the hips are more of a problem than the shoulder for Bison.

Anyway SC needs to step up their game. Cracks or no cracks, all the ball sockets except for the cracked shoulders are showing stress marks and evidence of grinding, which is a shame because Bison is an amazing imposing figure and fit their style really well
>>
File: Promotion.jpg (17KB, 320x375px) Image search: [Google]
Promotion.jpg
17KB, 320x375px
>>6438853
PROMOTIONS!
>>
>>6443092
Sounds like the plastic is grinding away
>>
>>6438862
that looks awesome. I really really hope we get a King figure as part of the initial figures made. Heihachi and Kazyua are solid picks to start with but you gotta have King in there asap.
>>
>>6438853
I wonder how they are going to do the opening chest plate for the claw/missile/bomb/net launcher?
>>
>>6454133
It will probably have alternate chest plates to simulate the opened torso.
>>
>>6454133
>>6454221

More likely an accessory that gets attached to the torso, like some kind of clip or something. Alternatively, not giving a shit and including only the accessories like the net or the bomb and missiles.

A whole torso alternate accessory is quite a lot of material and dedication, and I can't remember any brand going that far.
>>
>>6454232
Gilgamesh has a whole alt torso. Some figma have alt legs as well.
>>
Does anyone with busted Bison want a replacement part? >>6464185
>>
Even though I'm a huge Street Fighter fan I just can't make myself give a fuck about a new figure line since I know it will die quickly and I won't get my favorite characters.
>>
>>6430747
Fair is fair, I think this actually looks good compared to earlier shots where she looks like a tired hooker. She has a bit of a hooker pose here but otherwise, looks like an adequate Chun Li.
>>
>>6464509
Yeah, I can see this. It's 100:1 odds that SHF will only go so far before calling it quits. They're just looking for one or two dud releases before they get the justification to do so. Rashid will be the first one, who knows what the second will be that kills it all. But it's going to happen.

SC I would put at like 90:1 odds that they won't finish up the main non-DLC roster of SFV. At the very least they're not afraid to make as much money as possible off of their molds with the deluge of recolors, so in a way that lifts ones hope slightly. But where's the actual uniquely SFV characters that were introduced for the game? Are they such a small operation that it makes them risk-averse to the non-iconic characters?

I honestly don't se a SOTA 2.0 with either line in terms of roster depth. There's no way.
>>
I just want SFV Juri
Someone please make her already
For fuck's sake
>>
>>6401257
>>6401284

what are they made of, painted old bread?
>>
>>6465539
>I honestly don't se a SOTA 2.0 with either line in terms of roster depth. There's no way.
Exactly. I want characters like Necro and Rolento, not 15 recolors of a Ryu that doesn't match any of my other SF figures.
This is why I dream of winning the lottery and starting my own toy company.
>>
>>6444150
>>6443092
sounds more like the top coat they sometimes give to figures for a matte look is rubbing away.

it takes something really really sharp ord hard to actually grind plastic away
>>
i meant this
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.