[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Create your dream toy line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 13

File: us53355.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
us53355.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
Don't worry about practicality. Just go ham and blow your fantasy.

Mine is something I've been imagining since I was a kid. It'd be called the "Black Box Collector" series.

Essentially, it'd be a 1/72 line of unimaginably detailed scenes, such as cargo ship harbors, construction sites, etc. You could buy dioramas, with a premade landscape and vehicles, or you could buy vehicle packs which would just be a box crammed to the brim with whatever type of vehicles it contained.

Some ideas are like:

Nazi Germany pack: All the tanks, planes, and boats of the wehrmact in 1/72 scale. The box would be fucking huge obviously. Upon opening it, it'd be chock full of everything you can imagine. Unboxed it'd cover an entire floorspace worth of vehicles of every kind.

Construction pack: A smorgasboard of construction vehicles. Be it kubata, john deere, or what, there'd be excavators, loaders, you fucking name it. Cranes, cement trucks, all of it.

Ocean liner pack: The titanic, olympic, britannic, mauretania, lancaster, all the white star line ships from the 10's. Still in 1/72 scale.

It'd just be the wet dream of any model collector. The models would be created by hand. The prices would range from $100-$20000 dollars per pack, due to the sheer amount of shit you get.

It'll never happen, ever, but fucking hell. Little me would've drained his balls before his dick was even hairy.

What about you guys?
>>
Something like "mr revamp" that'd take dead toy lines and reproduce them with complete authenticity. I always wanted the old star wars toys, so a line that reproduced them would be awesome. Stuff like UB Funkeys and maybe LPS too
>>
S.H. Monsterarts

Only, there would be figures of every kaiju. Not just Toho, not just Godzilla, not just endless repaints of the same 1995 suit, but EVERY kaiju.

Got a favourite Godzilla suit?
Fan of Mothra? Rodan?
Fan of the Showa or MIllennium movies? Or anything that isn't Heisei?
Desperately seeking an articulated Orga? Or Anguirus?
Fan of Showa Gamera?
Fan of some obscure European kaiju movie?
Not satisfied with endless repaints of the 1995 suit and constant Heisei wanking?

Not a problem! There's a figure of every kaiju you can imagine, all rendered with painstakingly beautiful sculpted and painted detail, and no QC issues to speak of!

And the accessories! Each figure comes with enough accessories that you could have made a second figure out of all that plastic. Recreate iconic scenes for your displays, or have your figures do battle with an impressive assortment of detailed parts. The ultimate goal is for every figure to have at least one effect piece with a sound card, to recreate that monster's roars, stomps, and iconic musical themes.
>>
A Figma-style line based on older properties, be they obscure or popular but just old. So stuff like Slayers, Ruin Explorers, Genmu Senki Leda, etc.
>>
I'd make a Figma-ish quality line devoted to characters that could otherwise never get a figure, like Recettear and other niche/indie games.
>>
Figma Call of Duty. Especially Call of Duty Ghosts figures. I loved the customization in that game and would love to see figures based of that. And it would be cool to have Cryptids.
>>
File: killzone helghast.jpg (147KB, 1000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
killzone helghast.jpg
147KB, 1000x1070px
This needed a 1:18 line.
>>
I know this is super basic but I just want a range of Figma/SHF level Game of Thrones figures. For a franchise this popular it baffles me that we only have the crappy Funko figures or the new 1/7 scale ones at about $150-200 a pop.

Make all the heads interchangable on them to so that when they release generic troopers (and yes there would be Stark, Lannister etc soldiers) you can swap people's allegiances to your heart's content.

You best believe I'd have a huge Nights Watch display.
>>
I want SIC-like renditions of old mecha like mazinger and the RX-78-2
>>
File: GameofThronesBuildingSets6.jpg (468KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
GameofThronesBuildingSets6.jpg
468KB, 1800x1350px
>>6401179
The later Funko figures were quite good.

McFarlane's building sets were great and it's a huge shame that it did not run long.

I really wanted these giants.

Speaking of which, I'd love for medieval D&D/Dragonlance type McFarlanelegos/Mage Knight sets that's also a game. Build your own dungeons and castles to play in.
>>
File: 1484234137716.jpg (172KB, 520x387px) Image search: [Google]
1484234137716.jpg
172KB, 520x387px
I just want scale model C&C vehicles.
>>
File: final_configuration_of_iss.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
final_configuration_of_iss.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
a diecast modular space station series where you can purchase different modules and spacecraft and fit them together any way you want (a bit like Geo Craper but a space station)
>>
File: ST.jpg (292KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
ST.jpg
292KB, 550x778px
A series of 1:15 Starship Trooper Power Suit Plamo by bandai that comes with decals so you can create your own platoon. The line would have option sets you could buy to further customization featuring weapons, shields, armor, radar disc, etc.

The suits would be based on the jap design.
>>
Also bump
>>
>>6401187

>quite good

I would want better than that. Funko is nowhere near the levels of things like Figma, SHF and the like. That's the sort of quality I'd want from a GoT range.
>>
File: quasimodo stark.jpg (83KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
quasimodo stark.jpg
83KB, 592x592px
>>6401538
but Funko can actually made their toys look like the actors.

And it's not like they can't pull off the poses you saw in the show. GoT is known for its sub-par Xena-extras quality fights.

Or are you an actual ASoIaF fan and want something much better?
>>
File: qA2pWaM.jpg (397KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
qA2pWaM.jpg
397KB, 1198x1200px
Electric foam dart launchers that are 1:1 replicas of real life guns. All the fun of owning your favorite character's weapon without the added hassle of people thinking you're a faggot and overzealous state legislators trying to get the Gun Control vote by legally making something less powerful than a paintball gun legally considered a real gun.

>>6401175
Well Makarov has blue/green heterochromia, so he's like an anime girl.
>Makarov leading group of armed school girls in a massacre
>Before escaping kills Honoka, who was an under cover plant
>World blames terrorist attack on Love Live!
>>
>>6402235
these cannot be real
>>
>>6401566

That figure looks terrible. I'd want something that isn't going to stick out massively quality wise when displayed next to Figuarts and the like.
>>
File: yRNDtiN.jpg (358KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
yRNDtiN.jpg
358KB, 2560x1707px
>>6395216
All you need is time and money.
This IS-2 is 1/72nd scale. Keep that in mind when looking at the vegetation on the tow cable.

Also, a 1/72 scale titanic would be almost 4 metres long.
>>
>>6402572
It's an ugly toy because the girl is terrible, but it's a great likeness of the actor and i doubt you'd get anything better, barring a Hot Toys or Mezco.
McFarlane could also do a good job in sculpt and paint, but he's not interested in fully articulated figures at the moment.
>>
>>6402268
They're shopped pics of legit firearms (pulse rifle and Morita obviously movie props made from real guns). I remember seeing this on /k/ a while back.
>>
File: motu.jpg (218KB, 965x540px) Image search: [Google]
motu.jpg
218KB, 965x540px
>>6395216
Dream toyline would be pic related.
>>
>>6402696
>Also, a 1/72 scale titanic would be almost 4 metres long.

Wow, what an observation you've made, you smart cookie. It's almost like I intentionally kept that in mind, hence the 200,000 dollar price range, as well as "fucking huge" boxes
>>
File: C2yMkrKXcAASSs3.jpg (83KB, 811x959px) Image search: [Google]
C2yMkrKXcAASSs3.jpg
83KB, 811x959px
An extremely lewd line of highly detailed articulated figures, think RAH (but smaller).

All the 'soft parts' would be overmolded with rubber or some other elastomer
>>
Figuarts doing Marvel and DC characters based on traditional comic artwork and not the cinematic universes.
I'd like something that's not Asian stylization like the Revoltech stuff.
>>
>>6405363
I'd also love a Figuarts reboot of Megaman stuff, specifically Megaman Zero. I'd go nuts to see that version of X, the Guardians, and other side characters made.
>>
>>6395216
Fuck 1/72.
And fuck all 1/72 modellers, especially the kind that still buy airfix and humbrol.
>>
>>6405369

Why?
>>
File: 1495761675412.jpg (70KB, 551x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495761675412.jpg
70KB, 551x720px
>>6405369
>>
>>6405359
soft parts you say? now I'm interested
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.