[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

How can i fix this? legs are super loose when popped into ball joint and fallout easily and left arm goes into socket just fine but can come off when pulled.

>inb4 throw it away
>>
nail polish in the joints.
>>
>>6395146
Put the wood glue in the joints of the falling parts, let it dry and attached them to the body parts.
>>
>>6395152
>>6395189
don't do any of this dumb shit.

get a piece of paper, rip off a corner and put it on top of the ball joint and just shove it back in. it will create friction and you don't have to worry about shitty chemicals.
>>
File: 1460600176963.png (232KB, 464x379px) Image search: [Google]
1460600176963.png
232KB, 464x379px
when I thicken joints I use the smallest amount of hot glue and swirl around a ball joint until it kinda thickens up slightly, then I let cool and pop them back in. No permanent damage and if you screw up you just peel it off and start again or try something else. It works for me.
Or you could listen to >>6395210 and make the most tacky as fuck fix ever, or listen to >>6395152 and >>6395189 who listed pretty good ideas

and ignore
>>
Pledge or any furniture polish. Use it conservatively though.
>>6395152
Could dammage the plastic if not careful
>>6395189
Is as stupid as using gorilla glue
>>6395210
Is a momentary fix at best and >>6395622
Is the best answer you've gotten, OP.

Outside of just like, replacing the NECA Chunners.
>>
I used to do the floor polish trick, but I discovered a very tiny piece of masking tape work wonders.
Cut a tiny piece place it over the ball, pop the socket back on, PRESTO!

It really doesn't matter what you use in the end, because all you're doing is adding a layer of something in the joint to build friction. Do whatever you need to do to get it to work.
>>
File: p_1000743745.jpg (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
p_1000743745.jpg
10KB, 235x235px
thread seal tape
>>
>>6395210
What type of plastics can be damaged by nail polish?
>>
File: fixing-loose-joints.jpg (70KB, 1080x380px) Image search: [Google]
fixing-loose-joints.jpg
70KB, 1080x380px
I ran across a couple of tips on Futaba a while back.
One was the tape method for ball/socket joints. Just add a bit of tape to increase friction, and for Figuarts type wrist joints you can use a small bit of thin shrink tubing, place it over the joint, apply a little heat and voila!
>>
File: how-to-fix-loose-polynian-joints.jpg (797KB, 1000x1031px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-fix-loose-polynian-joints.jpg
797KB, 1000x1031px
Also, this works for Polynian joints, and Figma type joints as well.
>>
>>6395729
>Could dammage the plastic if not careful

Where did this belief come from? As far as I know, clear nail polish typically doesn't damage plastic. However, when I first got into this DIY kind of repair, I had no idea what clear nail polish looked like (because I'mma dude) and when I asked the workers for clear nail polish, they universally gave me nail polish REMOVER, which I knew was basically acid for plastic.

Is that how the story got around because I've used all sorts of cheapo no name nail polish on a wide variety of toys over the years and they have never damaged the plastic.

>>6395146
For the hips, you might want to take a clear piece of plastic, say from a candy wrapper or whatever's on hand, fold it around the ball joint and pop the legs on. Cellophane also works. A) they'll remain hidden and B) They can be easily replaced if necessary.

Alternatively, you can do the nail polish/floor polish thing.

For shoulders that pop out... I dunno, see what other anons say. If they pop out because of looseness, you just have to tighten them with the above methods. If it's due to shallowness, that's something that's plagued me as well.

>>6395210
I prefer plastic as paper will degrade over time. Plastic degrades as well of course, but not quite as fast.

>>6395622
>>6395729
Glue's the riskiest option. If you're gonna use glue, use "weak" glue like UHU brand stuff, not super glues. Unfortunately, some super glues can utterly destroy some plastics.
>>
So when places like mandy and amiami sell preowned gunpla figures... are they already built?
>>
>>6395965
>>6396522
the chemical solvents used to keep it liquid might eat some types of plastic, depending on brand. I don't use clear because acrylic varnish is better, but some of the metallic colors I used as paints reek of solvents.

If it's used to tighten a moving joint, acrylic varnish and 3 days curing time is best. Nail polish isn't designed for long-term durability or even moving parts and will eventually peel.
>>
>>6396604
Don't know for sure but I can't see amiami selling something that isn't just as the original listing.

For mand you'd probably have to read the description.

I imagine it heavily devaluates the price if it's already been tampered with though. It's more likely a kit being sold was just bought and left laying around until the guy decided he'd didn't want it anymore.
>>
>>6396522
That's why I said hot glue, that shit just turns to peelable rubber, it doesn't damage anything unless it's directly on paint or is a really weak plastic. If it's gonna be on a joint then the plastic will most likely be durable enough to not melt
>>
File: spinner_le.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spinner_le.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
How can I prevent underspray from happening when painting my planes without having to mask an entire side of the aircraft
>>
>>6395146
Is that a bootleg?
>>
>>6397953
Nope
>>
File: PAK quality.jpg (683KB, 1363x968px) Image search: [Google]
PAK quality.jpg
683KB, 1363x968px
>>6397953
no just PAK quality
>>
>>6398232
inb4 someone gets mad that these aren't fair examples, even though this was when they were producing the largest amount of different characters from multiple franchises.
They had their chance for exposure, and they blew it on these mediocre things. This is how a lot of collectors see the line now.
>>
>>6395146
Heat socket hair dryer or hot water
Squeeze tighter
Dip in cold water while squeezing

Won't work for those shoulders it looks like, but I've used it on several hip sockets like you have.

It's not permanent, as the plastic slowly goes back to its molded shape that's too loose. But I've had a few figures where I can get quite a bit of play and movement before I feel like I need another heat and cool treatment.

>>6395189 mentioned paper, and going off that you could also try applying a small sticker (like those cheap round ones used for labels, or hole protectors if you have them already). Would keep the paper from slipping around or falling out, plus later be removable.
>>
>>6396604
Nope. I only ever once received a kit from Mandarake that had one piece clipped out already, guess the guy thought "nah, not feelin it" and sold it
>>
Which Yotsuba figure is best? I've wanted one for a long time. Any info on accessories, proportions, details are helpful
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.