[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the verybest and very worst figure each of these has released?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 30

File: sh-figmatech.jpg (41KB, 371x418px) Image search: [Google]
sh-figmatech.jpg
41KB, 371x418px
What is the verybest and very worst figure each of these has released?
>>
>>6394777
Figma will probably be Captain America or Snake. I think I've heard bad things about Guts as well.

Not sure about the others.
Revol batman had a fucked up face
>>
>>6394795
Which Guts? There are like three of him.
>>
>>6394777
Figma?
Best Figma archetype next she
Worst Figma Kamen Rider Thrust

Best SHF: any SHFSS, but specifically Hibiki
Worst SHF: Any of the pre 2013 anime women, specifically the cureshit or idol girls

Revoltech's best? Hard to say, everything post Raiden has been really good so I'd say Raiden himself.
Worst Revoltech? Honorary mention to the entire Fraulein line
>>
>>6394777
figma: Bruce Lee
SHF: Kuzunoha Raidou
Revo: Rurouni Kenshin
>>
>>6394795
I nominate:

Figma: Saitama for the terrible cape, lack of good faces, and subpar articulation OR Kazuma Kiryu for the distinct faceplate quality drop. I'll forgive Snake for his articulation

Figuarts: OOOs TaToBa

Revoltech: Can't think of any as I don't own too many Revos but the DMC band members come to mind
>>
>>6394810
Meant to be a worst-of list, whoops
>>
>>6394809
Not listing best because it's too subjective.
>>
File: Johannes Krauser II.jpg (27KB, 483x675px) Image search: [Google]
Johannes Krauser II.jpg
27KB, 483x675px
>>6394810
I actually liked the DMC revos, they fit the manga's style pretty well.
>>
File: Tatoba07.jpg (89KB, 1068x712px) Image search: [Google]
Tatoba07.jpg
89KB, 1068x712px
>>6394810
The funny thing is, TaToBa isn't even a bad SHF in retrospect. It has a pretty nice sculpt, and the articulation is great except for the ankles. I think we were just so shocked by their shit range at the time (especially since most SHFs were still getting the dual hinged style, which had awesome range) that we shit on TaToBa much harder than was necessary.

Funny thing is too, the drama about the ankles was so loud but everyone seemed to ignore the fact that you could simply pop them halfway out to gain significantly greater range, effectively leaving the figure with no real problems.
>>
File: roborider 30.jpg (46KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
roborider 30.jpg
46KB, 480x640px
I'm gonna say that Roborider is the worst SHF I can think of. Some of the early ones are pretty bad in retrospect, but were fine for their time, so I can't really be too harsh on them. Roborider though, he was awful from day one.

Shitty sculpt that's way too thin, few accessories/hands, bad joint range, and worst of all, that fucking torso.
>>
>>6394809
Raidou was a D-Arts, dunno whether that really counts or not. I'm also a little confused as to why people say he's so bad? I own him and aside from his heavy cape and somewhat limited hips due to his coat, I like him just fine.
>>
>>6394795
>Revol batman
Yes please, anon-from-the-future!
>>
File: header2.jpg (48KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
header2.jpg
48KB, 600x523px
>>6394832
...what?
>>
>>6394833
Yes I forgot. I thought he made a mistake and I really hope we'll get an Amazing Yamaguchi Batman.
>>
>>6394831
Yeah I have Raidou too, he isnt that bad. If we are talking D-arts its definitely one of the Zeros for sure
>>
>>6394853
You sure about that, friend?
>>
>>6394854
ARE YOU OH-K?
>>
>>6394795
>Captain America or Snake.
Figma CA is great, it made a shit costume actually look decent and Snake's only true crime is the super loose waist joint. The face is not at a level to go crazy over, or brand it the worst.

And they articulate well for figmas. Guts though, except for the Golden Age one are terrible for not being able to hold the sword properly.
>>
>>6394861
You're not wrong. When I first saw this thread, I suspected people wouldn't really think about the entire history of the line, and would likely just regurgitate whatever figures they remember causing drama recently.
>>
File: worst.jpg (173KB, 1068x1448px) Image search: [Google]
worst.jpg
173KB, 1068x1448px
I'm pretty sure for the worst SHF and Revoltech these two are the legendary top rankers.

Hana 19 years old ver was a shit show to begin with, the first of a long line of shitty anime style SHFs that continued to about Heart Catch Precure.

Revoltech transforming VF-1 works on paper but the 6mm joints at this time were sooooo bad it made this figure nothing but a pile of floppy bits. A death sentence since it used quite a few in crucial areas.

Figma is a tough one, they are pretty good at being about the same quality overall. But I do hate when they give rats ass attention to poseability, and on top of that it looks terrible (and then expensive).

I don't own him, but the Kiryu Kazuma figma looks bad with that shiny suit, I'm sure it can barely move even though he is a fighter, and that face shading looks off putting compared to the rest of the body. He might look better in-hand so I'm not 100% about the worst figma. Maybe Bruce Lee but if he was fun to pose I might forgive the visual aspect.
>>
>>6394878
I have the Kiryu and it's really just alright. The jacket is actually pretty flexible and doesn't get in the way, but he really comes with fuck all accessories and his head can't look up or down, which really just makes him really awkward to pose. But overall i don't think he's absolutely the worst Figma have done.
>>
>>6394882
Okay. And looking at Bruce Lee it is a "who?" sculpt but as some generic Kung Fu Man who is in like 5 different fighting games he migh be fun to have one day.

I'll give more thoughts into worst figma, and also think of my best list.
>>
File: review_dante_6[1].jpg (16KB, 400x419px) Image search: [Google]
review_dante_6[1].jpg
16KB, 400x419px
>>6394810
>Revoltech
>DMC

on that note
>>
>>6394808
>Worst Figma Kamen Rider Thrust
I must admit, it baffles me a little that you'd single out Thrust. The Dragon Knight figmas are like 80% the same sculpt, and as far as unique parts go it's not like Thrust is particularly inaccurate. You may as well just say the DK line as a whole is the worst, but even then it looks to me that there are better candidates for worst status, like Dragon Knight with his awful looking eyes, Sting's not quite complete paintjob, or Incisor, which I don't have but which appears to be prone to discoloration. Thrust is just so...there.

Regarding the topic at hand though, I'd probably nominate as the worst figma the one figure from the Dragon Knight line that doesn't actually reuse parts. While I can't confidently say she is the worst ever, Kamen Rider Siren is without a doubt the worst of the DK bunch and probably the worst I own. Awful cape, downright terrible articulation, kinda off sculpt. She has a nice ass, but that really is about it.
>>
>>6394888
There are way worse Revos. Plus it's hard to call him a Revoltech when he wasn't originally made with the revo joints in mind. But I knew some casual will bring him up, he is the Westerner's favorite disappointment.
>>
>>6394886
>>6394878

I'll change my worst to the first Archetype He figma because it looks absolutely horrific.
>>
Revoltech: I would say the best is either Baragon or The Ninja Turtles (all of them not just one). Both come with a good amount of accessories and are great to pose and for toy photography

-Worst? I honestly don't know.

Figma- Worst? Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza. Really looks nothing like him.
>>
File: IMG_0157.jpg (211KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.jpg
211KB, 768x1024px
Best Figuarts and worst Figma are both the same answer
>>
>>6394897
I'm gonna disagree...well, sorta anyway. I agree that it's a pretty ugly sculpt. I have the clear version of this, which I think looks better and hides some of the flaws.

But worst Figma? Nah. This is actually one of my favorites to pose. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe the previous owner really loosened it up to the perfect point, or maybe the "undies" just slide around a lot easier than my other Figmas, freeing up hip range. This thing just feels good to pose and I like it.
>>
>>6394777
Figma Bruce Lee was shit and it came out at the same time as the Figuarts
>>
>>6394911
But the latest version can pose I imagine just as good or better, and it looks fine as well. And your it's transparent so it doesn't look bad is the worse defense I've ever read.

If it was less muscular and some standard simplified anime body tone I would agree with you. SHF version is a better example of that.

I'm trying to judge based on if someone gave this to me, or say he will pay me like 10 bucks to me, would I want it, and this is a strong get that shit out of my face.
>>
File: IMG_4217HR.jpg (295KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4217HR.jpg
295KB, 2560x1707px
>>6394919
It wasn't a defense man, I'm not trying to argue here. I think it's kind of a legit thing to say though? Like, yeah, factually it's still a bad sculpt, but I think paint and/or plastic color can drastically alter our perception of toys. I know for a fact that I feel repulsed looking at the 1.0 flesh Archetypes, and I feel just pleasantness looking at my cool clear one.

I'm a sucker for clear toys in general, but this one is like, crystal clear...almost ice-like. It has a nice glossy finish and the joints are a cool milky white color too. It's just so attractive to me, the way light catches it and shines through it.
>>
>>6394923
>>6394919
Also, I don't really care for the new Archetypes honestly. The pseudo-realistic proportions and faces weird me out, especially amongst my other very anime-looking Figmas. If I need a more realistic model, I have a Hot Toys body I draw from. I think for a small scale blank figure to mess around with, I prefer something stylized.
>>
File: my best.jpg (395KB, 1152x1560px) Image search: [Google]
my best.jpg
395KB, 1152x1560px
>>6394878
My "bests." It's more difficult to say because while there are some clear-cut garbage among them, most are of similar quality soaring gracefully above.

For SHF, saying Shinkoccho is easy, but any KR released recently are just like Shinkoccho anyways so that branding just comes to having a nicer box.

For SHF, I'll go broad and say any Kamen Riders branded Shinkoccho and also from about Gaimu the normal ones became equal quality. The Rogue One troopers were all fantastic as well.

Figma, might as well stick with girls since that's what they are good at making. I'm impressed with the poseability and design of these two, so I'll keep it simple as that.

Revoltech, these two are pretty solid for sculpt, poseability and accessories.

Honorable mentions, the Takeya-shiki Horse and the new figma Archetypes.
>>
File: 8357644338_636f4c3c29_o.jpg (112KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
8357644338_636f4c3c29_o.jpg
112KB, 600x900px
I'm gonna have to nominate Drossel for best figma. She came with a lot of shit, has an amazing range of motion and looks just like she did in the show.
>>
>>6394949
She's cute but very finicky since a lot of her ball-socket joints are fairly loose. She's a display only Figma in my book, which means a lot of more pose friendly Figma have an edge over her. I'd say regular Drossel is a nicer figma for a direct comparison.
>>
>>6394853
Zero wasn't THAT bad aside from the hair.
>>
Figma killua
Figuarts luffy or ace
revo terry
>>
>>6395076
>revo terry
Huh?
>>
figma best: berserk armor guts
figma worst: bruce lee
shf best: shfss kabuto
shf worst: early anime figures.
revo best: raiden
revo worst: dante
>>
>>6394777
>best revoltech
This is like asking what the best STD is.
>>
>>6395110
>shfss kabuto
The wrists though, So strange they went with simple hinge. No other SHF did that IIRC.

>>6395123
How original, you must be so smart ,and the best at everything. This shows you weren't around for the last 5 years or so btw.
>>
File: ai chan retarded.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ai chan retarded.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>6395123
the answer is aids
>>
Best revoltech for me is still Raiden and I hate MGR. It's still a cool design and it's a great toy, with really good accessories. I still love tinkering with the machine scabbard, it's such a simple joint design but works great. His entire articulation also works great for me.

Worst revoltech sadly for me is Zinogre Hunter because it's got a great sculpt, poses well but it's got such fragile parts, it's still the only revoltech out of 25+ that I've owned to have broken on me.

Worst figma is hard for me to pick because I don't buy that many figmas other than Berserk ones but Saitama takes that prize for how piss poor that sculpt is. My favorite figma is still Black Swordsman Guts.
>>
>>6395157
best SHF for me is Kamen Rider Black RX renewal. I have a hard time picking worst SHF because I've avoided the line for just how terrible the old Kamen Rider SHFs are despite being a huge lifelong Kamen Rider nerd.
>>
>Revoltech
>Best.
I only have four of these and every one of them is a frustrating mess in one way or another.
Loli Alice doesn't fall apart or have one of those awful Yamaguchi sculpts so I will go with that one.
>Worst.
Gurren Lagann.
>Figma
>Best.
A tie between Cobra and Vitruvian Man.
>Worst.
Zero Suit Samus.
>Figuarts
>Best.
Injustice Harley.
>Worst.
Every other Figuart I own.
People tell me they are better now but the old toku figures scared me off.
>>
>>6394777

>Figma
Worst is easily Bruce Lee. Literally looks nothing like him at all. Best, I dunno. Probably Ryuko or Satsuki for DAT ASS.

>SHF
I don't own enough of these to comment.

>Revoltech
Dante is the worst. He was the first Revo so it's no surprise he's also the worst. Best is probably Raiden, Deadpool, Venom Snake, Venom, or Spiderman.
>>
>>6394777
>Checked

Best figma: archetype next she and both Drossell
Worst figma: Bruce Lee and Saitama

Best SHF: Bruce Lee
Worst SHF: Terry Bogard (D-Arts is the same shit)

Best Revo: Yotsuba, Venon Snake, Raiden
Worst Revo: Dante (old as fuck, I known)
>>
>>6395235
>Worst.
>Gurren Lagann.

Whoa, and I think it is still one of the most ideal toy from that property, not counting anything big and expensive. How come?
>>
File: 2015090995335.jpg (102KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
2015090995335.jpg
102KB, 560x560px
Why has no one nominated this piece of shit for worst SHF?
>>
>>6395157
>be me
>first revo you buy is Zinogre
>realize how shotty it is
>last revo

Are you saying I should give them another shot?
>>
>>6395393
Because those early attempts of Bandai trying to make their own figma anime girls were really, REALLY bad and we know it.
>>
Worst more recent Revo would be Gunbuster - the figure everyone anticipated but in the end became the thing no one expected or wanted.
>>
>>6395069
My Zeros arms just flop off whenever I try to pose him and his legs are extremely loose too, idk it might just be I got a defective figure
>>
>>6395505
Nope.
Mine does it too.
>>
>>6395484
I super glued the partsforming bits, then it was a standard revo of the time. The Yamaguchi Gunbuster before Revoltechs was still better though.
>>
>>6395404
At the very least you should try Raiden; he's arguably the best Revo of all, and manages to have great articulation, accessories, and sculpt all at once. I also personally love Revo Toyohisa.
>>
File: FIGURE-021725.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-021725.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>6394777
See now people never had high expectations for Figma when it came to semi-realistic sculpts, so figures like Kiryu or Bruce Lee being fuckups were hardly a surprise for many. But when it comes to anime faces, Figma usually nails it 99% of the time. Well going against all odds, Saitama is among that 1%.

He looks good in one pose (with the pre-posed crossed arms like his first appearance) but move it in any other way and he craps on Kiryu and Bruce Lee with hoe awkwardly sculpted his entire body is. From the hunched shoulders/thickcape overlay to the drooping arms and torso. The cape is a huge mess, and I say this as someone who's handled plastic capes from imports all these years. The default sculpt isn't even his most known expression (instead derived from his literal 1st appearance), while the "serious" sculpt looks so laughably bad I'm surprised that someone actually approved it. Oh and as for accessories? A mug. Just a drinking mug and that's it.

I have never been so disappointed by a Figma release in all my years of collecting the line.
>>
>>6394777
>>>6394777
>See now people never had high expectations for Figma when it came to semi-realistic sculpts, so figures like Kiryu or Bruce Lee being fuckups were hardly a surprise for many. But when it comes to anime faces, Figma usually nails it 99% of the time. Well going against all odds, Saitama is among that 1%.
>
>He looks good in one pose (with the pre-posed crossed arms like his first appearance) but move it in any other way and he craps on Kiryu and Bruce Lee with hoe awkwardly sculpted his entire body is. From the hunched shoulders/thickcape overlay to the drooping arms and torso. The cape is a huge mess, and I say this as someone who's handled plastic capes from imports all these years. The default sculpt isn't even his most known expression (instead derived from his literal 1st appearance), while the "serious" sculpt looks so laughably bad I'm surprised that someone actually approved it. Oh and as for accessories? A mug. Just a drinking mug and that's it.
>
>I have never been so disappointed by a Figma release in all my years of collecting the line.
>>6395635
THANK YOU. I literally e-mailed figma urging them to delay it and work on it some more before releasing it. I know it wouldn't do much but everyone I saw commenting on the figure had the same impressions of it being awful. Then it finally came out and I was so sad. I really hope S.H. figure arts gets their hands on him. I know they could do them justice
>>
File: 001-550x.jpg (282KB, 1530x638px) Image search: [Google]
001-550x.jpg
282KB, 1530x638px
>>6394824
>nice sculpt
Not even at the time.
>>
Anons who loves their Revoltech Raiden so much, just curious if they bought any Yamaguchi humanoid revos since. Raiden is great and all but not having the 4mm joints for the wrists puts some limitations in wielding a katana with both hands. I guess Raiden's sculpt is less offensive to most.
>>
File: FIGURE-001493.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-001493.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>6395697
Not those anons, but I feel that the improvements made with Raiden (even if he came at the fringe end of the "old" Revoltech engineering) were felt throughout the entire line enough that many people felt like he was the jumping point of the line's recent upgraded standard. He was easy to handle, and looked good 99% of the time in any pose even compared to other Revoltech figures now.

Also helps that he was so fit for Kaiyodo's strengths sculpting-wise (being cybernetic in design) while the very nature of his character is perfect for ridiculously dynamic poses.
>>
>>6395697
Yamaguchi is incapable of making humans that don't look like tumor monsters so I have been avoiding them.
Raiden is a bit overrated as well.
He can has a great range of motion but his weird joint placement makes his arms look broken in most angles and shit is always popping off of him.
>>
>no Rider 1/2 First/Next for Best

They're some of the greatest action figures ever made
>>
Figuarts Wizard was a fucking shitshow. What a terrible thing to happen to a good design.
>>
>>6395753
Answering anything other than a shinkocchou seihou for best figuart is a crime. Hibiki and W are probably the two best 1/12 scale toys ever made.
>>
>>6395753
Hell no, they aged like milk.
>>
>>6395635
If his serious face wasn't yelling it would be 100% improved.
>>
How can Revo have a "best"? Revo look like they took a (terribly sculpted) statue, cut it the fuck apart, and plopped joints in. There's so many awful abrupt end points to the limbs that some of them look like the first projects of an amateur customizer that just got a dremel.

The Spider-Man for example looks like complete ass, as though it wasn't even meant to be an articulated figure but then they just sliced it apart and tossed in joints.
>>
>>6395951
um actually sweetie they are the best figures on the market
>>
>>6395951

You have no fucking idea how joints work.

If you took a static statue and added joints, you get NECA or Mattel shit. Revos are actually engineered to work with their joints.

I'm sorry you're just shit at posing.
>>
>>6395697
i fucking hate my raiden. even if it arrived with the toe joint on one foot broken off, i still don't like the joints or the range of articulation
>>
>>6395963
Can you not read? Are you an ass? I'm saying that the abrupt cuts look like shit. Which they do. Objectively. Sorry if you're such a lowbrow for toys that you buy these and it offends you.
>>
>>6395951
A. there are a wide variety of Revoltechs made by dozens of different people and not just the ones Americans notices, and B. if you don't get the engineering behind Spider-Man which makes it the most poseable human 6 inch action figure out there, then you should shut up. Anyone can recreate a figure from a picture or hide the joints just for the sake of "looking pretty standing."
>>
>>6395974
Thanks for demonstrating you can't read, just like >>6395963 did. You're so eager to champion its range of motion that you completely overlook what is being written. But I guess if thought processes were your strong suit, you wouldn't be buying Revo trash to begin with.
>>
>>6394831
You probably have one of the good ones. A lot of people's (mine included) had lots of fuck-ups in the paint. Mine has like brown stains in various spots.
>>
>>6395988
Oh I can read. You judge the entire line like they are all the same, when in fact they are not. They use the same joints, but so does most Japanese action figures, like figma. There are so much variety in the sculpt and joint use in the revoltech line. It shows you know very little about the series.

Then specific example, Spider-Man, or Yamaguchi's revos in general. The knees, I get it, they are cut in a funny way to fit a fixed size joint. But thinking that figure, or any of his figures are made like they were not meant to be action figure, just sliced and joints tossed in with no thoughts, is the absolute opposite of what they are or how they're made. You got it so wrong.

Yeah congratulations you saw a few pictures there are cuts in the sculpts where joints are placed in.

Not liking the stylization or type of joints in action figures is different from saying therefor it is all shit. There are more categories, you don't see a review of a toy just saying it looks weird, the end.I see joints and cuts, the end.

Put it simply, looks like you're dealing with a small sample pool to talk shit about the entire toy line.
>>
>>6395951
>thread is about best/worst figure in a respective toyline
>durr hurr how can toyline have best when it only has bad figures???
>being this much of an edgelord contrarian
Not even a Revofag but this is laughably sad. Here have a (You).
>>
>>6395988
You're acting like enjoying a figure line makes someone mentally handicapped because you don't like the atheistic look to it. Revoltech's don't always look perfect, for a lot of designs it just works.
>>
File: P7061418[1].jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P7061418[1].jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
I wouldn't say this is the worst ever, just very disappointing, and compared to the later figures, well, yeah, worst qb doll
>>
>>6395783
>What a terrible thing to happen to a good design.
Just like the series itself.
Insert recycling the same joke for Kiva/Ghost here.
>>
>>6394941
Man I absolutely hated Venom Snake. It was his bow-legged hip joints and massive size that really turned me off, and it sucked because it was the closest 1/12thing we'd ever get to him
>>
yall mothercuekrs dont forget about figma Indiana jones
>>
>>6394908
IT'S OVER! FIGMA IS FINISHED
>>
The revoltech TNMT line looks pretty fucking terrible.
>>
>>6397962
as a best or worst?
>>
Lately revoltech has been getting my money over figma, what with saitama and slan they can't be assed to try anymore.
>>
File: top figma quality.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
top figma quality.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>6394777
Ranking them objectively based on sculpt, articulation, etc. and not on personal tastes in characters, I would pick these:
>Figma
Best: Drossel Charming (better sculpt, articulation, and accessories than even the Chogokin)
Worst: Robocop (pic related)
>S.H.Figuarts
Best: Shinkocchou Seihou Kamen Rider Double (or any other SHFSS, really)
Worst: Nami (or any Fresh Precure)
>Revoltech
Best: Vulcanlog Venom Snake (it counts, shut up)
Worst: Any Fraulein Revoltech (the Eva 2.0 girls are kinda okay though)
>>
While many of these worst Figuarts are pretty bad I would like to nominate what would normally be a merely mediocre figuarts release that due to circumstances could be one of the worst: Sanji, from their brief attempt to make One Piece figures. They advertised him as having more faceplates than they actually included and then after release had to send out the remaining plate to retailers who had to then send it out to their customers. An easily catch-able mistake that cost them, and presumably retailers, money.
>>
>>6399258
Robocop had the one issue of the mouth piece, Easily fixable then you have a decent Robocop figure. Worst figma is something too far gone for that.
>>
>>6399344
>due to circumstances could be one of the worst
There was also Domon where the red color of the blister pack got absorbed by the spare head piece. Pretty sure it was impossible to remove, other than painting over the whole thing in the right skin tone. The figuarts itself wasn't so bad though,
>>
File: figma robocop.png (3MB, 988x939px) Image search: [Google]
figma robocop.png
3MB, 988x939px
>>6399662
>solid blue band around the head, no attempt to blend it into the overall armor paint job like other Robocops got
>solid shit stains, instead of scorch marks
>cartoony mouth line
>face is undefined, very soft sculpt
Did they re-release Figma Robocop or something, and this is why you're trying to defend it in this day an age?
Or are you an oldfag who bought into it long ago?

It's one of the most bootleggy official Robocops ever made.
>>
>>6399667
It's the best Robocop in terms of articulation and sculpt of the body, at least in that scale. You get two faceplates, so if you ignore the damaged faceplate, that issue isn't there. The mouth is indeed a bit simple, but works just fine at that scale and is a pretty minor detail to get autistic about.
>>
>>6399667
I bought it day one. Like I said besides the mouth I don't see any real problem. The only people who bitches about the mouth or scorching are morons who can't comprehend to mix some paint and do the touchups themselves.
>>
>>6396679
What's wrong with her?
>>
>>6394777

Figma:
Best - Snake or TP Link.
Worst - Bruce Lee.

SHF:
Best - Civil War Cap.
Worst - Early Kamen Rider shit.

Revo:
Best - Deadpool.
Worst - Dante.
>>
>>6404671

Where's Griffiths as Figma?
>>
>>6404671
>Figma:
>Best - Snake or TP Link.
Oh boy, how many figmas do you own that aren't smash tie-ins?
>>
>>6404671
>Best Civil War Cap
Hoo, boy. It hurts how wrong you are. The figure isn't even bad, but, any of the SSSHF are better than it. Even Kabuto with his weird hands.
>>
>>6404712
>smash tie-ins
>Smash brothers
>>figma's
A man does not combat ignorance with ignorance and win, anon.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-1049.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-1049.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more transforming VF-1 as the worst revoltech, which is an undeniable fact.
>>
>>6404856
Wait, do they suck? I thought they looked neat.
>>
>>6404867
I talked about it above, but they used the worst kind of joints at the wort period at the crucial points of the body. Plus the wings which are simple pegs falls off super easy.

And they did that 4 times with the different types of VFs. It's crime level. It had something going, but failed at execution.
>>
>>6395659
>Figma usually nails it 99% of the time.
Not even close. Most figma sculpts are proportionally stylized in some way and the articulation is poorly engineered. I can't think of a single figma as accurate as their upcoming Samus, and that isn't perfect, either.

Every figma I own is far from perfect.
Based on what I own:
Every figma link has some significant proportioning issue, all of their kamen rider stuff has shitty mold quality, sloppy paint apps, bad articulation and warped proportions from the prototype. Their iron man shit is floppy with inaccurate proportions and instead of making new joints, they used the same shit, which works poorly and doesnt fit the sculpt at all. Figma Yami should be much thinner with more of a masculine upper body, his articulation is underwhelming as shit, and the shoulder articulation setup is garbage. Eren has terribly feminine and inaccurate proportions, and sloppy belt paint apps. These are just from the ones I own, though. Figma is a mediocre as shit line and they always fuck something up on their releases. They never feel like proper toys, either. Similar to Revoltechs, shit just barely locks in place and what not.
>>
>>6404671
>Best - Snake or TP Link
If TP link is even close to the top of the list then Figma must be a horrible line
>>
>>6395659
>when it comes to anime faces, Figma usually nails it 99% of the time
>>6404912
>proceeds to sperg out about everything but faces
>>
>>6404712
>I own every anime girl, pleb
>>
>>6404818
>too new to know about the smash collectors
>calls others ignorant
>>
>>6402110
>The only people who bitches about the mouth or scorching are morons who can't accept premium prices can get you non-premium looking toys
gotta lower dem standards for your favorite brand

Thankfully, Good Smile started using better sculptors and putting more effort into their toys, but now they cost so much more than competitors.
BUT, competitors also release worse looking toys, so there's that.
>>
(according to what I owned so far)

best SHF: all SHFSS release so far. (though I will put either Decade or Kuuga Ultimate form in #1)
worst SHF: OOO Tatoba, all Wizard's first form variant, earlier Precure Figuarts.

also, I want to add Sailor Moon figuarts (aside Crystal.ver) for worst category because of the joints that can cracked by itself after a period of time.

best Figma: Figma Archetype next she.
worst Figma: Nanoha (Strikers ver.), the damn front hair just wouldn't stay attached no matter any way I tried to fix it.

best Revoltech: Queens Blade series.
worst Revoltech: most of the early release, the paint chips way too easy.
>>
>>6405028
why do people like archetype next she? just because she's poseable?
>>
>>6404818
Even if you take the anon's opinion on the figures out of the equation the choices still don't add up.
>Check the nintendo general where people are dickriding TP Link and calling autism for critiquing it, whereas other threads and even posts here have called out this ludicrous opinion. >>6404914

>Check the /toy/ archive where figma Snake has been bashed to hell and back for good reason, namely QC, price point, and a few loose joints

that post was just full of shit taste. Except *maybe* the revos
>>
>>6405120
>why do guys like a naked looking girl figure?
>>
>>6394908

The body is nothing special at all. People only like this that figure for the faces.
>>
>>6404671
>>6404712
>>6404812
>>6404914
Fuck, I did not expect to generate this much salt.
>>
File: shf_brucelee036.jpg (138KB, 700x777px) Image search: [Google]
shf_brucelee036.jpg
138KB, 700x777px
>>6405324
I sorta agree with you and sorta don't. On one hand, yeah, Bruce doesn't contain any new innovative joint types or push the limits of articulation or anything. On the other hand, he has enough range to pull off all his iconic poses and he looks GREAT doing it, plus I think they did a really good job on his body sculpt. It has just the right proportions on his torso and how high his pants rise, which can be a tricky thing to nail as we can see with the Figma. The build looks just like Bruce, and there's some nice sculpted detail on display, like the veins in his arms, the crisp pleats in his pants, and the surprisingly detailed soles of his shoes.
>>
>>6405216
yeah, why do people like a blank mannequin with no sculpted facial details or molded in genitalia?

and why hasn't SH figuarts body chan been mentioned if that's the case?
>>
>>6395404
If you find that there are other revoltechs that are appealing in sculpt and articulation, and your only issue with Zinogre was the durability (which is shit), then yes, maybe you should. Just ask around first.

I'm this anon btw,
>>6395157

I was going to get Venom Snake but after finishing the game, kind of lost interest in getting him and just ended up buying other toys on my long list.
>>
>>6405486
>why hasn't SH figuarts body chan been mentioned if that's the case?
The Body-Chan and Body-Kun were designed with anime proportions, whilst the Figma Archetypes were meant to be more realistic.
>>
>>6394777
I'll only post figures from what I have.

Best:

figma - Saber 2.0/Sakura Kinomoto op version.

I can't choose 1 so I guess it's a tie, the reason I chose them is because both sports the 2.0 tech and it really helps them be very poseable, they can do 2 handed poses, skirts doesn't hinder much of their lower poseability and they have lots of accessories for their srp, truly a bang for your buck.

S.H. Figuarts Chun-Li(honarable mention:Ryu and Awekening Goku)

S.H. Figuarts are known for poseability and I can say I''m truly impressed on how they made the SF line. it's the first time I had a figure of a character from a fighting game where the figure can do almost if not all poses/moves the character is known for and to top it all. no need for stands even if you use her Hyakuretsukyaku/Lightning Legs effect part even when doing high kick poses. Very high poseabilty, great balance, just the right amount of accessories and price isn't highway robbery, what more can you ask?

Worst:

figma - Killua

Gon and Kurapika turned out ok but I don't know what happened with Killua. his t-shirt is a floating piece but it still hinders his articulation above the waist. not much accesories.

S.H. Figuarts - Naruto

His mold feels dated when he was released and it shows since he was shown years ago and Bandai didn't update him(thankfully they released sage mode), derp faces, and not much accessory.

Revoltech - I have only the miniature Rei and Asuka so I can't really compare them to other Revos
>>
>>6399230
Worst easily.
>>
I've seen a lot of people say Kamen Rider Wizards figuart was shit but why? Same reasons TaToBa was bad?
>>
>>6405580
Poorly proportioned and very loose waist joint. The Dragon Styles and Infinity Figuarts are much better.
>>
File: image.jpg (1005KB, 1530x1573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1005KB, 1530x1573px
>>6405486
Body chan lack many details that present in Archetype next she (no sculpted cameltoe, no toes) it just wasn't realistic enough.

The upcoming body chan (Yabuki Kentaro ver.) might be a contender for Archetype next she, although so I'm not a fan of his artwork of girl's body/proportion in Toloveru so if I get it I might still put it under next she.

Btw, I'm this anon >>6405028
>>
>>6405580
Up until lets say Gaimu, the Figuarts of the new rider series that came out with the show were shit. I think because it was rushed and they didn't have all the right references to make the proper figure. Maybe it was a different team if they operate like that. I heard the good looking ones of the early days like Another Agito were outsourced.
>>
>>6405604
What bull. This isn't Iron Man. Bandai creates these designs. Figuarts just were not the best representations of the characters back then.
>>
>>6405620
uh, actually it was PLEX who create the designs for Kamen Rider & Super Sentai.

PLEX handling the designs for the show- namely suits, weapons, mechas, robos, villains, while Bandai just involved in transitioning it into toy form.
>>
Everyone is talking up Revoltech Raiden, is anyone willing to sell one to me?
>>
Worst figma ever is Captain America. I have a lot of figmas (120+) and he's the ONLY one that's not displayed. Pretty shitty figure.
>>
>>6405599
Would I be correct in assuming that Usagi's body in the pic is an Archetype one?
>>
>>6394829
Robo Rider needs a fucking renewal.

I mean, the least they could do is give him enough leg articulation so he can fit on his own goddamn bike properly.
>>
>>6399672
The figma Robo is like the only Robocop figure I've seen that can actually bend the arm more than 45 degrees at elbow.
>>
>>6406756
So far it has been able to do any pose from the movies or comics that I try on it. Great figure.
>>
>>6406752
yup, the Archetype next she.

the one that I'm talking about in that post.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1530x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1530x2048px
>>6406752
Yup, the afromentioned Archetype next she
>>
>>6406799
>>6406793
Thank you. Now excuse me, I have a purchase to make and sexy Motoko photos to take.
>>
File: SHF SS Goku Awakening 01.png (2MB, 1161x1641px) Image search: [Google]
SHF SS Goku Awakening 01.png
2MB, 1161x1641px
>>6394777
Best Figuarts is easily Awakening Goku.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 378x133px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 378x133px
>ctrl+f
>no griffith mention in the thread
>>
>>6407378
That would mean he's okay, whats the problem?
>>
>>6407392

He's the most perfect Figma figure ever made. The sword hilt, the removable helm, his silk cape, the range of articulation (even in an armour), the ammount of details in his face, the poseability, the large selection of hands avaiable... oh boy, it's the best Figma ever released, and I have some Figmas.
>>
>>6407398
He's a good Figma to be sure, nice looking and poses well. But he doesn't really stand out to me. I think for a thread like this a figure should do something really exceptional, something above-and-beyond the call of duty.

Like, if I were to give you an example, one might say something like Figma Hulk, cause he represented MF's first foray into making huge bulky figures and maybe his range of motion was still excellent despite his bulk (keep in mind this is just an example, I don't really know anything about how Figma Hulk turned out).

Course, that's just my opinion though.
>>
File: zinogre.jpg (188KB, 736x989px) Image search: [Google]
zinogre.jpg
188KB, 736x989px
This fucking thing. The weapons are fragile as shit and broke on me within a year while I was being gentle. The figure has too many joints with the armor and hair and shit and most of them are too loose so you try to put him in any pose and something's going to pop off. Sculpt is nice but who the fuck cares if it's miserable to even touch?
>>
>>6394882
>his head can't look up or down
Doesn't figma Kiryu come with a double ball jointed neck?
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.