[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Funko Collectors in here? Please recommend good dealers in Europe.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Any Funko Collectors in here? Please recommend good dealers in Europe.
>>
>>6394725
>graphic shows silver crown and three freckles
>figure has gold crown and five freckles
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>6394766
>hair color changed
>bow tie smaller and rounder
>pose changed
>now holding dumb advertising sign
Lots of shit can change from artwork to final manufacturing I suppose. The packaging was probably being printed while the figures were in production too, so it's also possible it was too late to update the artwork.
>>
Not bashing, but what's the point to these? Like... I get it if a character has literally nothing else to collect or display and you're a big fan, but like... what's the appeal of collecting tons of them? Is it just for the sake of collecting something fairly cheap?
>>
>>6394766
This thread is not about the particular figure. Talking Pops! in general.
>>
>>6394792
>what's the appeal of collecting tons of them?

I dont know, I´m not collecting tons. I´m collecting specific lines like Masters of the Universe and rare individual figures.
>>
>>6394792
I don't like the things myself, but I can kind of understand the appeal (especially to normies). They cover a HUGE array of licenses, and since they all follow the same aesthetic, you can have one cohesive universe on your shelf inhabited by the likes of say, Winnie the Pooh and Master Chief and He-Man.
>>
>>6394801
So that means I'm not allowed to comment on the figure?
>>
>>6394818
>So that means I'm not allowed to comment on the figure?

Does that mean I´m not allowed to comment on your comment on the figure?
>>
File: IMG_20170628_110631.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_110631.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Why
>>
I still don't really understand why Pops are a suitable topic for discussion on this board.

They're practically statues, and statue talk is discouraged on this board. The only thing that prevents them from being full-fledged statues is they can turn their heads.

Also, most people hate....HATE Funko on this board

That being said, I really do want those Funkos of Crow and Tom Servo (if they ever come out). It's not like we're likely to get anything better of mst3k
>>
>>6394894
>statue talk is discouraged on this board
Says who? You? Someone else?
> Also, most people hate....HATE Funko on this board
Why is that?
>>
>>6394928
>Says who?
The mods, I guess. Statue threads have been closed on this forum regularly

> Why is that?

Because Funko represents the lowest common denominator of collectibles. They're extremely cheap looking and offer no real aesthetic value outside of being a desk toy?

Honestly, if you want my guess, there's a couple reasons why people here hate Funko Pops

1. They're "normie" collectibles. Most adult figure collectors have been judged at least once in their life for buying "toys" as an adult. Yet these Funkos are bought by almost everyone, including people that WOULD make fun of us for buying actual quality figures.

2. They have basically every license known to man. This means, at least once, a collector will hear about some obscure license getting a toy, and they get all excited and....it's a Funko Pop.... Now keep in mind, a lot of people here hate Funkos because they are considered inferior, so imagine the disappointment on their face when they find out something they have been waiting for for a long time is...nothing more than a Funko Pop.

It's happened to me a couple times.
>>
>>6394928
It's against the rules. Statues are not toys.
>>
>>6394827
>comment on your comment
You mean "sperg out about your comment", anon.
>>
I notice these things are starting to get their own clearance sections at Toys R Us and they got rid of the display for them at my local comic shop. Are they on their way out?
>>
>>6394957
Nah, Hot Topic and Gamestop still pushes them like crack cocaine.

However, they don't seem to sell like they used to.I noticed my comic book shop of choice is not ordering new Pops and are trying to get rid of the fucking mountain they still have left over. I think comic book shops are beginning to realize that they are not really a good investment. (because you can get these fucking pests of the toy world pretty much anywhere. They sell them at pharmacies, for fucks sake)

and most comic book shops I go to mainly try to stock things you can't buy at a toysrus. Which is why many comic book shops don't stock new marvel legends or DC multiverse, or the new Transformers. They can't compete with Wal-mart and Target prices.
>>
>>6394801
The thread is actually asking about where to buy Pops in Europe more specifically.
>>
>>6394725
For the UK at least..
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.co.uk
Forbiddenplanet.com
Forbiddenplanet.co.uk
Toysrus.co.uk
Smythstoys.co.uk
Tesco.com
Asda.com
Sainsbury's.co.uk

Most of these ship internationally. You can also import from Amazon.com.
>>
>>6395042
Game.co.uk
eBay.co.uk
Also
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.