[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bring Arts Sora amiami just charged me for him. Paid, waiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

File: FIGURE-027749_03.jpg (67KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-027749_03.jpg
67KB, 800x800px
Bring Arts Sora

amiami just charged me for him. Paid, waiting for shipping. Any in-hand reviews of this guy yet?

He's the first figure in their new Bring Arts line so it's pretty important that they get this right.
>>
Just got my payment request. Think I'm gonna cancel. I'm just not feeling it with the Figuarts announced.

Do we know when pre-orders are going up for the Figuarts?
>>
Why does SE release their figures so early? FFVII remake figures and KH3 figures despite the fact that we're probably years away from both of those games
>>
>>6393231
yeah it doesnt look good.

I basically returned mine
>>
Figuarts looks very different, as it's the KHII design. There's plenty of reason to get both.
>>
>>6393391
I mean yeah they're different designs but I was only getting the Bring Arts in the first place because there was no 6 inch KH2 Sora announced at the time. I don't hate KH3 Sora's design but I'm not too enthusiastic about buying a figure from a game that at this point may not even be released this generation.
>>
>>6393433
the KH3 design is literally a less buckle heavy KH2 version without the chaps.
I'd think the lack of the kingdom key is more important than a design that's almost the same.
>>
>>6393441
They're almost the same design in the same way the KH1 and KH2 designs are the same.

Which is to say they actually aren't at all but you can see how the same person's outfit would progress from one to the other.

The lack of Kingdom Key is a pretty big flaw, though. But I imagine they're saving the Kingdom Key for another release, and doing what they did with the original Play Arts line, where if you want all the Keyblades you have to buy all the different Sora figures, and possibly a separate Keyblade accessory pack.
>>
>>6393231
I'm more curious for the QC, mainly because of what it spells for future figures from other properties.
>>
>>6393491
Same here.
I don't give a straight fuck about Kingdom Hearts but I am excited to see how this one turns out.
>>
File: FIGURE-027749_09.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-027749_09.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
cute
>>
Buying it as a barometer of what to expect with the Nier Bring Arts. I want to FEEL it in hand, not just rely on reviews. Granted I would probably buy the Nier stuff no matter what but I would still like to get a feel for the line first.
>>
>>6393323
Because they're an IP farm at this point.
>>
I really want this guy to be good because I want 2B and FF characters in a scale that isn't foolish.
>>
>>6393874
hopefully nier gets figuart treatment as well, or basically any other toy line besides the garbage that square enix shits out
>>
>>6394531
If it does, it'll probably be 2B and nothing else. Figuarts never got around to finishing their Lupin line let alone a NieR line, and if by some chance we get more than 2B there's no way we'll ever get Kaine or anyone else from the first game
>>
>>6394563
>Implying the people screaming for Figma and Figuarts aren't just Automata bandwagoners.
>>
>>6394573
Oh boy, your dumb ass again.
>>
Well. It's been another day, still can't find any in-hand pics or videos. Anyone?
>>
>>6394531
>thinking that figuarts Sora is at all indicative of other square enix games getting non PAK/BA treatment

I would love other stuff getting figuarts or figmas but don't kid yourself here. KH is the exception, not the new rule. when it comes to KH Squenix's normally iron fisted grasp is lessened by the mickey mouse glove they are contractually obligated to wear.
>>
>>6394531
>hopefully nier gets figuart treatment as well
You are going to be waiting a long time
The KHII SHF is clearly because of Disney seeing how Bandai already has a bunch of other Disney shit. They already had 3 Disney characters from the game ready at the event(4 if you want to count Jack) rather than showing more Squenix shit from the game than just Sora
Disney would have to be in a weird fucking deal with Squenix in order to ever give Bandai Nier shit or Squenix would have to give Bandai the rights themselves, but that is pretty unlikely since they are doing their own 6 inch scale line where they will be releasing two popular Nier characters
>>
orders are now closed for this guy on amiami.

they are in-hand and shipping from other sites like ebay

anyone got one yet?
>>
>>6396453
Amiami will get him back in stock anon, just wait.
Never buy imports from ebay.
>>
File: IMG_8641.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8641.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just got him today. So far so good.
>>
File: IMG_8642.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8642.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>6399100
The paint isn't the cleanest I've seen but damn it if I'm not impressed.
>>
File: IMG_8643.jpg (1MB, 2339x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8643.jpg
1MB, 2339x3120px
>>6399135
>>
>>6399100
>>6399135
the paintwork on him does look a little sloppy in some parts and the red seems too bright. that gradient on the upper shorts looks pretty neat. How are the joints? Those knees look sort of odd and sort of remind me of the first play arts sora's
>>
>>6399159
The knees are using weird single joints. There was a small amount of leftover paint in between that made it a bit stiff but after posing for a while they got better. Other than that most other joints are using the same old pak joints just in a smaller scale. Except they aren't ratcheted..
>>
File: IMG_8648.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8648.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>6399172
Also as much as I like the base, the stand for it is complete shit. The plastic in between the joints is molded together making it impossible to bend it for posing. Or maybe I'm just retarded.
>>
File: IMG_8653.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8653.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>6399184
Size comparison with a Figma.
>>
>>6399100

This might be a stupid thought, but fuck me that box design looks so charming. Square does these minimalist window boxes in such a satisfying way.
>>
>>6399207
Thats a pretty good scale. I can definitely work him into displays
>>
>>6399235

Man if this means getting a full FF7 cast for once in 6 inch scale that might be it for me

Like I can't think of a more perfect toyline

Give me a goddamn Barret with the 7 design REEEEEEE
>>
File: IMG_8649.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8649.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Tried replicating that one photo.
>>
>>6399236
Would love to get a full FFVII cast, or other FF characters.
>>
Thanks a lot for the pics!!!

Wish you'd grabbed an in-packaging shot before opening though, but beggars can't be choosers.

Excited to finally get this guy next week.
>>
He looks nice.
I don't care about KH at all but I now have high hopes for Toobie and Kainé.
>>
>>6399184
did you try loosening the screws
>>
>>6399207
>Bring Arts is actually decently sized
Man I can't wait for SE to start doing series' I actually want, this looks surprisingly good.
>>
>>6399527
you and me both, good buddy. Square need to scrap their trash play arts kai line, melt down all the plastic of that shit and make 6 inch figures full time. And someone tell Nomura to stop butchering DC comic character designs, nobody wants that shit, guys.
>>
>>6399531
Not yet but once I get my hand on a screwdriver I'll update with pics.
>>
>>6399100
>>6399135
>>6399158
>>6399184
>>6399207
>>6399246
QC seems a little iffy, hopefully they iron things out a bit more by the time we get 2B and Kaine. Also I hope all the cancellations don't affect their Bring Arts plans because I bet a ton are going to cancel to get the SHF instead even though this IS a different game with a different costume. I'd be pissed if they abandoned Bring Arts because it definitely hasn't been their priority thus far. PAK keeps getting announcements and prototypes while Bring Arts hasn't even shown off a second gray prototype.
>>
>>6399234
not a stupid thought at all. God Tier packaging was always a thing the Japanese excelled at. So much so that when making the Ipods, Steve Jobs took a lot of time studying what made their packaging work so much better then ours
>>
Video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXrwAjTWKM
>>
>>6399823
>that guy disabled comments because he's a thin-skinned faggot
>he literally got a handful of criticisms over hundreds of videos
>comments weren't being trolled or brigaded either
I really hate how he reviews things. I mentioned he missed showing full range a few times and he got pissy.
>>
>>6393231
Ever heard of Figuarts, numbskull
>>
>>6399903
I'm sure he has. Do you have a point?
>>
File: IMG_8685.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8685.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Turns out you NEED to screw the joints on the stand to get it where you need it. Don't really like that but square has never made good stands so I don't know what I was expecting. Also, his right leg likes to pop off at the thigh a lot as well as his neck.
>>
>>6399100
>>6399135
>>6399158
he looks lovely, cant wait to compare him to the figuarts.

do you have any old play arts keyblades lying around?
>>
File: 1451089133176.jpg (55KB, 900x785px) Image search: [Google]
1451089133176.jpg
55KB, 900x785px
>>6399903
>not getting both
get out nigga
>>
>>6400127
Not at the moment but I'll update with pictures later tonight
>>
>>6400139
Not him but I was actually 100% about to cancel my preorder for the Bring Arts and just get the Figuarts but this thread convinced me not to.

I mean I have dozens of Spider-Men why not have two Soras?
>>
I always like to get the first figure of a new toy line, so don't mind getting Sora even if a SHF is on the way (will get him too because of the key blade).

Since noway Square Enix will let another company make their actual shit, I do hope we see at least a FF7 Cloud out of this. Smart money is making a chocobo so any number of 1/12 figures could ride it.
>>
File: IMG_8713.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8713.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6400127
>>6400155
Here you go.
>>
>>6400291
they're both in scale and SHF seems to be doing II so itll be good to have both
>>
Video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXrwAjTWKM
>>
>>6400667
Not seeing >>6399823
>>
>>6399893
>True, he does get things really early
Yeah, it's the only reason I posted the video at all, otherwise he's been pretty sloppy recently with how much stuff he glosses over in the review. Skimming through the video, my takeaway from it is that the figure actually turned out good (if not great) and it doesn't have any of the PAK-styled ratchet joints which is a huge plus since those ratchet joints can get pretty brittle.

>>6399858
>he literally got a handful of criticisms over hundreds of videos
Wait that's it? I was wondering why he disabled the comments but if that's all there is to it then that's just sad.
>>
File: 235244.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
235244.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
Any news on this?
>>
>>6400754
>regular play arts kai

even her merchandising is suffering
>>
>>6401768
Regular Play Arts Kai's have been good recently. Over priced? Probably, but not bad toys.
>>
>>6401884
After sitting on it failing to sell it I finally opened my CE Noctis and I regret not doing it sooner. Looks way better in hand than in photos. PAK stands are trash though.
>>
>>6401884
Besides the price I never really thought they were bad figures. Like, around when the hip joints became rachated joints they seemed fine. But when price for a standard guy were already over 10k Yen, fuck that I've only bought like 2.

I feel like their target audience are chumps who doesn't know any better but to want their favorite vidya game characters, so they sell less and mark up the price insanely.

I hope they move with the times and aim at a broader collector market, make them small and aim 5, 6, 7k yen mark depending on the designs. Hoping Bring Arts will replace PAK all together.
>>
>>6399236
I hope we finally get Cid with the remake coming out.
>>
Oh shit.
>>
File: 1499146815133.jpg (539KB, 1476x984px) Image search: [Google]
1499146815133.jpg
539KB, 1476x984px
>>
>>6404232
woops
>>
>>6404230
Slowpoke
>>
>>6404230
>>6404234
Yes we know about the SHF. No one cares. It's a different design from a different game. The reason people are hyped about Bring Arts is that Square is going to a 6 inch scale, not the fact we're getting yet another Sora figure. I don't give two shits about the SHF or Bring Arts but I am super excited about getting other Square properties in a 6 inch scale.
>>
>>6404230
the only reason im getting the sh over the bring arts is the keyblade. the flagship weapon's main form is preferable to an ugly playschool creation
>>
>>6404236
>No one cares
Speak for yourself
>>
Got my Bring Arts Sora yesterday. Absolutely love it. Blows away every other Sora figure I've owned. I look forward to getting the SHF too, but people who act like this is an either/or situation are fooling themselves. Two different designs, two different games. There's reason to get both.
>>
>>6400364
wait, what playarts keyblade is 1/12th?
>>
>>6404266
They just want to turn it into a dick fencing subjectanon tier fight like always. Gets really fucking tiresome especially in the case of a figure like this where it IS a different design from a different game.
>>
>>6404235
>>6404236

I don't stalk the shit out of /toy/ like you lifeless faggots do, I didn't know about it and I didn't see anyone talk about it. I was just showing my hype so fuck you.
>>
File: 13096822.png (135KB, 408x633px) Image search: [Google]
13096822.png
135KB, 408x633px
>>6404275
This. yall niggas fail to understand one, this could get us other popular characters like cloud in 1/12, and two, its LITERALLY
>kh3 design
>kh2 design
basically heaven if you like sora figures. and as you've seen the bring arts has a good sculpt period. now theyll both go with bandai's donald and goofy and we can be all fucking happy.

>mfw I want kh1 design but know its a never ever
>>
>>6404267
The original Play Arts figures were a bit over 1/12 scale but their keyblades sorta fit with 1/12 figures well enough
>>
>>6404286
>being this mad
>REEEEEE I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU
kek have a good day anon
>>
>>6404236
>but I am super excited about getting other Square properties in a 6 inch scale.
This. It's really why I'm excited for this line.
>>
>>6404292
KH1 Sora will happen.
>>
>>6400754
So are they also going to release Terra and Ventus too or will it just be aqua. Will they also make there armor forms as well?
>>
>>6404443
I actually did anon, and cool greentexting but its not what I said at all. Read more carefully next time butthurt anon.
>>
Just got my Sora. Haven't really messed with him yet, but he looks good.

The stand is absolutely junk, though. It's ratcheted, but in a way that isn't at all moveable when screwed together tight, so you've gotta unscrew it any time you wanna change poses. Which is less than ideal.
>>
KH sucks anyways
>>
Were all Play Arts (the originals, not Kai) Soras defective?
>>
>>6406066
I have two and can confirm they complete garbage. The keyblades are pretty good for the bringarts tho
>>
>>6406066
Yeah, pretty much. I had original, Valor and Final. I can confirm they all felt like they were bootlegs, they were so bad.
>>
>>6406547
Now i wonder if i actually did get bootlegs. they were from japan, but not china, and cheap, but were like 5$ less than MSRP, and purchased like a decade ago
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.