[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you wake up YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE what toys do you take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 24

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (107KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
107KB, 1440x1080px
you wake up

YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE

what toys do you take?
>>
I don't think a single one of my toys is worth more than like 80 bucks, so I'll take my laptop and my cash stash.
>>
>>6389539
i mean, i guess that's a practical answer, but it doesn't feel in the spirit of the board.

you sure there's nothing in your entire collection you'd want to hang onto in case of a disaster?
>>
>>6389529
I collect BJDs, so it's a lot more money in my case per piece, but I probably would save none of mine.
Tend to have commissions here, so I'd probably save the dolls from my customers first before I'd get any of mine.

Already decided that in case this would ever happen I'd give up the hobby anyway. Got so much limited, old and hard to get stuff, custom pieces and whatnot that starting again would be impossible. Also wouldn't want to start again fresh.
>>
File: TurboMOSC1a.jpg (55KB, 332x432px) Image search: [Google]
TurboMOSC1a.jpg
55KB, 332x432px
Seriously.
>>
>>6389545
They're just toys, my dude.
>>
>>6389595
you're a normie, and i am not your dude.
>>
>>6389529
The fire alarm triggers every month in my building. If there will be a real fire, I will be ded.
>>
>>6389545
As much as it would suck to see my toys melted into blobs, I would honestly let them burn and save my firearms and if possible my desktop. Insurance can take care of the rest.

On the topic, if you do have stuff you can't live without you should always take pictures of it and keep it stored offsite or online so you can show your insurance agent how much of a pathetic man child you are and demand your weeb shit be replaced on their dime.
>>
File: Zeiram.jpg (77KB, 553x737px) Image search: [Google]
Zeiram.jpg
77KB, 553x737px
Assuming I've had time to get ALL of my actually vitally important things out of the house, I'd take my Wonder Woman Kotobukiya statue. It's literally a statue, but it's my favorite thing in my collection.

If we're after specifically toy answer, pictured.
>>
>>6389529
Fuck the toys, my family is first!
>>
I like the practical answer of having proof of my collection and letting insurance sort it out.

The first thing that came to mind when I read this thread though, was my M.U.S.C.L.E collection. Second thing is my Food Fighters collection.
>>
>>6389640
I don't think insurance covers figmas.
>>
>>6389653
fuck the family, my toys are first... and my cat (he isn't family, he is more like a pal).
>>
>>6389862
You think wrong, dumbass.
>>
>>6389862
Good insurance will replace everything you can prove you had. That's why I scan or print proof of purchase for things like Pc parts and my tv, I don't care about replacing my $10 toaster, I do care about my Electronics and plastic tits.
>>
File: img526d4c71a8a02_l.jpg (124KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
img526d4c71a8a02_l.jpg
124KB, 706x1000px
>>6389529
Actually, at my apartment I keep my toys and gaming laptop on the same shelf next to my old backpack in case of a fire. So I could scoop everything into one bag and gtfo.

But if I had to only grab a few
>Berserker Armor Guts
>My first Ninja Turtle
>AC series 4 Batman
>>
>>6389941
>>6389922
I asked my provider a while back about renters insurance and was told that it wouldn't cover collectibles.

I'm sure there are companies and policies that do but unless you've insured your collection specifically you may end up with limits on how much coverage you have in various categories.
Basic renters insurance might only cover $1000 worth of collectibles or $2500 worth of guns. Even then it sounds like you might end up with a depreciated value.
>>
>>6389529
None because I'm not a fucking autist, and I have expensive shit too.
>>
>>6389529

The only thing I'd really grab is my NAS which is why I keep it in the bedroom.

Not that the important things aren't on the Cloud.
>>
>>6389529
>what toys do you take?
...All of them.
>>
>>6390037
could i burn your shit then?
>>
>>6390091
i like your spirit

LOCAL MAN DIES SURROUNDED BY MELTED ACTION FIGURES
>>
Get collectibles insurance if you don't have it.
>>
File: PORKCHOP SANDWICHES.jpg (57KB, 364x550px) Image search: [Google]
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES.jpg
57KB, 364x550px
>>
>>6390272
what's the monthly?
>>
File: guess i'll die template.jpg (28KB, 680x553px) Image search: [Google]
guess i'll die template.jpg
28KB, 680x553px
i am really, really attached to my childhood stuffed animals. i would rather die than see any of them go up in flames.

i know it's fucked up and stupid, but real talk, if i couldn't save all of them, i'd probably just let myself die in the fire b/c everything i've done up this point in my life was for the sake of getting one of them repaired
>>
File: 135377.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
135377.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>6389529
>Not having several houses
>Not distributing your collections between residences
Well, in that case you might as well burn with it.
>>
I realize how much unnecessary worth I place on my belongings. I realize I should let go.
I am more than the sum of things I own and like and know. But I can't. And I cannot pick one single thing. Worthless the lot of it to everyone but me. I can not part with anything. My whole life is burning.
And so I go inside to burn with it.
>>
File: CAM000911.jpg (197KB, 759x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CAM000911.jpg
197KB, 759x1000px
I assume I'd be able to take at least 5 of my figures.

>figma guts berserker armor
>kotobukiya blade liger hmm
>megahouse seiya
>yamato kenshin
>banpresto saitama
>>
>>6390279
Depends how much you need in coverage. You can get a quote pretty easily with no strings attached from Collectinsure. If I remember correctly $10,000 worth of coverage is like 70-80 a year? One drawback to their insurance is there is no mysterious disappearance clause which means you need to file a police report if something goes missing. Obviously read all the contract to understand what is and isn't covered.

There are other collectibles based insurance companies as well such as American Collectors Insurance.
>>
This thread is making me kinda paranoid, not gonna lie.

>>6390283
I'm with you. My stuffed animals mean a lot to me, I'd probably grab as many as I could.
>>
Hmm, kinda hard to say honestly.

I have a problem where all of my toys are relatively pricey, but none of them are super rare and I can't think of any that are ludicrously priced on the aftermarket. So it's kinda like...which $30-50-ish toys do I grab? I don't have a clear favorite and judging by price/rarity isn't helping me at all.

Any of you guys have this problem too?
>>
All my time would probably be spent getting my cats to safety
>>
File: 1492794550243.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1492794550243.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>6389595
>They're just toys
Get the fuck out
>>
>>6390566
>blade liger
nice! blue or red?
>>
File: shockwave fuck this im out.jpg (68KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
shockwave fuck this im out.jpg
68KB, 888x499px
>tfw all are in huge boxes and can't carry more than one at a time
>mfw all of the good figures are buried below sub par toys

Fuck it I'll fight the fire, can't even reach into my wardrobe and grab just my masterpiece optimus prime or megatron quick enough

But I'll die in the fire regardless, my titan class trypticon, fortress maximus and metroplex are trip hazards
>>
I'll grab as many boxes of my gunpla as I can.
>>
>>6390267
OP didn't specify how many toys you could take
>>
>>6390620
Blue, Bang version, I'm a big chaotic century fan
>>
Luluco Nendoroid
Metal Gear Rex Scale model

Anything else I can live without
>>
ME AND MY TOYS DIE TOGETHER!!!
>>
>>6390871
Actually, I did wake up one night and a house close to my apartment on on fire. I had to evacuate and watch as more houses caught (these are connected rowhomes) and it was inching closer and closer.

IT was also when my apartment was totally littered with toys because I was reorganizing everything and all I could think of was firefighters crashing through and thinking to themselves, "what the fuck?"
>>
File: TellMeMore.gif (125KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
TellMeMore.gif
125KB, 500x455px
I'm kinda impressed how many people are missing the point of the thread.

I suppose OP should have been worded like "If you find your house in flames, and the entire of your valuable stuff, including family members, are already safe, with only your toys in danger, and you could only save 1 or 2 toys, which ones would you save if you can retrieve them without exposing yourself to unnecessary danger?".

I mean, c'mon, do you really think "Fuck my toys, I have some other priorities" sounds like a smart or mature reply or something?
>>
MOTUC filmation he men
>>
>>6390942
I personally assumed the important shit was already taken care of, and I still answered "none".
Even if I still had the time/energy/safety to run in once more to pick up one of my things, I wouldn't.

I love my collection, but if it would burn down I'd quit the hobby. No need to save one, would just hurt.
>>
File: motu.jpg (28KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
motu.jpg
28KB, 400x302px
>>6389529
Probably these two guys, the only ones left from my otherwise non-existant MOTU collection.
>>
>>6389529

Y'all must be the life if the party. Bunch of dumb fucks that can't even play with an idea.

You didn't pick an amount so I would take my VAH Nico, Nami, and Handcock. And my Figma Shimakaze
>>
File: h8nB6o3-.jpg (42KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
h8nB6o3-.jpg
42KB, 457x457px
>>6391709
>shimakaze
this guy gets it
>>
>>6389529
I'd grab my RAHs, everything else is pretty easy to buy back
>>
My dakimakura, Figma Guyver, and Polynians.
If I got crafty I could throw them in the pillow case.
Also maybe my Peridot minifigs.
They are pretty shit but I am attached to them.
>>
>>6390023
>I asked my provider a while back about renters insurance and was told that it wouldn't cover collectibles.
You need a new provider.
>I'm sure there are companies and policies that do
There are.
>but unless you've insured your collection
I did.
So again, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
File: cry-moar-faggot.jpg (136KB, 400x495px) Image search: [Google]
cry-moar-faggot.jpg
136KB, 400x495px
>>6390942
Awwww. Poor Diddums. You mad because people won't play with you the way you want them to?
>>
>>6390579
I have never heard of CollectInsure, anyone have any opinions on it? I searched and mostly found firearm forums with posts on it and it's a little different. I'd estimate I need at least 15k in coverage that I currently don't have. It's like $100/year which isn't bad. We're looking at the renter's insurance we have right now so might as well look at collectibles too.

In the spirit of the thread, I would grab my Mariko. She's pricey and she's my boo.
>>
>>6389529
all of them. i'd leave no man behind
>>
>>6391909
Whatever company you choose you need to understand what they require in order to get coverage and more importantly what you need to file a claim or get approved. Lots of companies will be fine accepting your money but that doesn't mean you are actually covered. The requirements to prove ownership, condition and value can be reasonable or near impossible to achieve depending on the company you deal with.

A reasonable requirement would be something like photos, descriptions of the items condition and maybe some invoices to prove you own them though obviously this shouldn't be a hard requirement since some things may be gifts, trades, etc. Some companies require independent appraisal where people either come into your house looking through all your shit or you have to take it to them which is a massive bullshit hassle. AVOID those companies. This isn't an unreasonable demand when it comes to priceless ultra valuable art or antiques but when a company is demanding this for a simple toy collection they have no intention on paying out and will look for loopholes.
>>
>>6389529
Oh I won't take any of them. They'll take me. I'll die right there and then.
>>
File: Anon sign 2.jpg (159KB, 636x817px) Image search: [Google]
Anon sign 2.jpg
159KB, 636x817px
>>6389529
Jump into the fire because I know I can't save them all.
>>
>>6391882
>So again, you're talking out of your ass.
No more so than this guy >>6389640
who assumes that all you have to do is take some pictures and all your possessions will be replaced regardless of coverage
>>
people laugh when i bought all thos stuffed animals filled with asbestos. NOW WHOS LAUGHING
>>
>>6389529
see
>>6371210
>>
>>6392404
But when you say policies don't cover collectable, you are talking out of your ass.
They do.
Mine does.
And if your agent told you they don't and didn't try to sell you one that did, you need to find another agent.
Also:
>No more so than this guy >>6389640
I don't give a fuck about that guy. What he says doesn't matter. I'm addressing what YOU said. Stop making excuses and trying to shift the focus on someone else. You were wrong, and you got called one it.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (5KB, 225x117px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
5KB, 225x117px
Toys: I'd pick the ones I have a sentimental attachment which are a few.

1. TY Inch the worm that I had since I was a kid. Idk what the hell I saw on that worm plush, but I used to go everywhere with that thing when I was a little kid. I still have it somewhere stored in a closet.
2. A ragdoll that has been with me ever since I was born.
3. A Mattel Ariel doll from the late 90's. She was my first red head doll and I always found her pretty, idk why. The present day Disney princess dolls are mostly ugly compared to the 90's versions of some of them.
4. The 1959 swimsuit Barbie doll that was reissued a few years ago.
5. My SAS Brunos because he's my favorite character from JJBA.
6. SHF Trunks (the first version) because he's my first figurine.
7. Figma Scream because it's the best toy that I've bought this year and I love the painting per say.

Realistically: Grab my family, pets, purse, cellphone, laptop, and gtfo asap. In the heat of the moment, the last thing that I might think of will be the toys. However, I might bitch more about loosing my high end makeup, niche perfume collections, clothes, and probably a bunch of other things.
>>
>>6392903
>high end makeup, niche perfume collections, clothes
What are you, a fag?
>>
I would try to die of smoke inhalation or would it be better to go into the flames?
>>
>>6392910
What is a woman, anon?
>>
>>6392791
wew lad
>>
my stuffed dog doll i've had for 26 years.
>>
>>6392791
>But when you say policies don't cover collectable, you are talking out of your ass.
>They do.
Not all do.
Not all cover everything.
Not everyone has insurance in the first place.
Not everyone has jumped though the necessary hoops as detailed >>6391922

But okay maybe my original statement should have been "I don't thing that all insurance covers figmas indiscriminately."
>>
>>6393413
>Not all do.
>Not all cover everything.
>Not everyone has insurance in the first place.
>Not everyone has jumped though the necessary hoops as detailed >>6391922
And as usual, not one bit of that has any bearing on your original statement.

>But okay maybe my original statement should have been "I don't thing that all insurance covers figmas indiscriminately."
No maybe about it. Know what the fuck you're talking about next time when you try to play expert.
>>
>>6393448
Cool. So are we done calling names and sperging out over semantics?
>>
Proooooooobably scoop my various v-pets into a bag and run. If those don't count, probably my SHF Alphamon or my Outer Space Men toys? I have more expensive toys but those are the only ones that I immediately just think "I NEED TO SAVE THEM"
>>
>>6393923
I dunno, are you done trying to shift the focus onto other people to try and cover the fact you got caught not knowing what the fuck you were talking about?
>>
>>6390283
Thankfully, I only have the one childhood stuffed animal left who has always been my favourite. He'll be a simple save
>>
>>6394847
I suppose.
>>
I can just buy another Firestrike, they cost $10 anyway! Ain't no way I'm picking up the Deploy tho.
>>
I'd probably waste my time trying to save my pet turtle and gather very basic stuff to have her survive should I have to be relocated for a long time.
Otherwise should I manage to have enough time to save shit, maybe a shark plushie I had since I was little and probably a plush of my favorite pokemon or a Splatoon plush I have. (I'd save a turtle plush I've since I was also little but the real turtle takes priority to validate leaving it behind)
>>
I would get my family and cat out and then ring all the other apartment doorbells and slam on some doors to make sure everyone else gets out, and then I would wait outside in safety with my family.

I know this because that's what I did when my apartment building was on fire a few years ago, luckily the fire didn't reach my floor.

That's the true answer but since the point of this thread is for people to list their favorite/most valuable toys I'll say my hot toys robocop, and everything on my wwe and figma/shf shelves.
>>
File: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.jpg (136KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.jpg
136KB, 400x519px
>tfw you have 50 gallons worth of Lego
>tfw you could never replace all those discontinued, hard to find, and expensive parts you have
>just the thought of losing all of it because some old ass lady forgot to turn her boiling eggs off when she left to go get her snake oil pills only to forget what she was doing, causing the apartment complex to be set aflame
>>
File: 0Kxn4eDh.jpg (111KB, 699x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0Kxn4eDh.jpg
111KB, 699x1024px
He's the newest member of my collection, but I'd still like to think that isn't he only reason I love him so much. He's pretty damn excellent.

>>6394852
Oh wait, fuck. I've got one of those, too. If I could only do one, it should probably be that. Dammit, I really like Artfire, though.

I also only just realized the irony in saving a firefighting Transformer from a fire.
>>
Assuming I can only take 5 figures
>Far East Monsters King Ghidorah
>X-plus Gwangi
>Electric Tiki Al Bundy
>SOTA Toys Riddick
>Majestic Studios Abominable Dr. Phibes
>>
File: tz22.jpg (51KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
tz22.jpg
51KB, 616x800px
Picrelated will be the first.
this devil became sort of my mascot-figure. I like him. He looks so weirdly...classic. I mean i know it tries to emulate mid 60-70s action figures but still.
I like it so much!
PS:
Also both of his hands are left hands. at first i thought that ebay seller fucked me up with this defect that wasnt visible on photo but then i decided that it only makes him special.
PPS:
After that probably Classic TMNT Bebop and Rocksteady figures and Woody Thinkway toy.
these 4 are the best!
oh yeah and my favorite lego minifigures.
>>
>>6389529
I would burn with my family
>>
Insurance will take care of thay :^)
>>
>>6389529
I get myself out because I have insurance for all that shit
>>
>>6398126
>>6398251
I don't think insurance covers toys.
>>
File: DeadQueenOfMidland.png (440KB, 784x1340px) Image search: [Google]
DeadQueenOfMidland.png
440KB, 784x1340px
>>6390566
>implying Guts didn't start the fire
>>
File: 8517348416_fa44cc5fbf_b.jpg (246KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8517348416_fa44cc5fbf_b.jpg
246KB, 683x1024px
Some toys just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>6398263
>toys
>not expensive collectables
learn how to fill out your insurance and tax forms properly, soldier
>>
I'd grab a trashbad or box I had, dump as many hot toys and maybe the plushes I had that have sentimental value.

I have a window so I could just lower them out
>>
>>6389595
Disregard this Anon's answer.

I would take my big bin of LEGO and Minifigs.
>>
>>6392509
underated
>>
File: orga-toy-0.jpg (162KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orga-toy-0.jpg
162KB, 1600x1200px
>>6389529
Realistically, I'd throw as much of my collection into any sort of bin or case that I had. Most my collection is of smaller figures, a few going for hundreds online. I'd also try to get my sofubi Godzilla monsters too.
>>
Excluding anything such as laptop and whatnot and just toys; my two Nendoroids (Tomoko & Venom Snake) & two Pop figures I got as gifts both from people no longer alive.
>>
>>6389529
my knife my dad carved from wood, its pretty sweet and a bit sentimental. hes not dead or anything it was just cool from my childhood that I kept til this day
>>
>>6399569
even though its not technically a toy, probably the best answer here. have pics of the knife?
>>
>>6389529
Those that I put on my desk
>>
I will die in the fire with my figures, a funeral pyre to propel me into the next world.
>>
Besides my laptop and phone, my Teddy Ruxpin, my Tekken 4 Steve Fox 2001-2002 figure, and a Furby I got from my grandma 10 years ago.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.