[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy came today. Thanks to the Anon who tipped me off it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 63

File: synnthetic.jpg (47KB, 974x482px) Image search: [Google]
synnthetic.jpg
47KB, 974x482px
This guy came today.
Thanks to the Anon who tipped me off it was up for sale on HLJ.
This is the best, most articulated figure I've owned. Shot right up to the top of the list of favorites.
>>
>>6387066
which version? 1/12?
>>
>>6387066
I have one from the first edition run-- the one from the Convention where 1000Toys was selling them :)

I *really* wanted a 2nd edition for the marking on the beck.

That said, I can't wait for the CaRB to be released!
>>
>>6387066
Got yesterday mine too, it's my second one (third if we include my 1/6 too)

They're good and cool, but what l find bothering is that it's like they got a good idea for a cool body, and they're recycling it for EVERY figure they're making (except kugutsu)

Keeping develop and production cost to a munimum and milking the cow, that's something l don't like too much..

>>6387177
Just a few more days!
Too bad it doesn't look like they included a skull face for this one..

Also, their gripping hands are too open, they can't hold shit properly
>>
>>6387200
Yeah, I feel you. As good of a figure as it is, I'm starting to get bored with the reuse. I want them to develop something new already. Using it on all the Nihei stuff was one thing, but the fact that they even reused those bodies for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow is a little ridiculous.
>>
>>6387200
Has this been confirmed for the 1/12 scale?

One website state they had extra hands, too. I guess we'll have to see, eh? I haven't seen any promo shots on their IG yet.
>>
>>6387207
I don't get what you're refering to, what has been confirmed?

>>6387202
Well, at least the GI Joe characters are fully clothed, with pieces of armor and shit.
All the synth, carb, anti carb series is just a reuse of the same body with a few accessories and a few pieces of cloth on them, zero development cost

Now they announced they're going to do the same thing with the 1/12 bodies, they're teaming up with other toys companies, to make figures using the base body, with different colors, heads, accessories etc.

Which is OK, I guess, but it really sounds SO cheap, and honestly, decreases the value (monetary and sentimental) of the "normal" synths.
>>
>>6387295
I think he's asking where/if they confirmed that the CaRB would have no skull head.
>>
>>6387298
In that case, no skull was ever shown in the list of included things, and no skull picture was in the promo shots.

That doesn't mean it's certain, but I'm not hoping about it. If it will have it, it's going to be a nice surprise.
>>
>>6387313
I don't care TOO much, cause I don't particularly love the skull head and plus I'm buying the CaRB for that sweet helmet, but it would be a nice bonus. I liked the white panel lining and red eyes they did on the 1/6 version.
>>
>>6387136
yes. the second run.
>>
File: synth-man-raep-face.jpg (218KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
synth-man-raep-face.jpg
218KB, 800x623px
>>
File: Flex-O-Tron 5000.jpg (202KB, 648x968px) Image search: [Google]
Flex-O-Tron 5000.jpg
202KB, 648x968px
>>6387066
You're welcome. And it feels really weird to say it, but yeah he's probably my favorite too. The articulation is just so far ahead of everything else I've touched.

>>6387177
>That said, I can't wait for the CaRB to be released!
I was really expecting that to ship alongside the reissue, they need to hurry up so I can ship them both.

>>6387320
How is the 1/6th one? I don't usually fuck with that scale, but if it's on the same level I'd be tempted to track one down.
>>
>>6389290
Oh, I just meant I liked the look of it, I don't own it. Though I do have a lot of friends who do own the 1/6 bodies and they are all quite pleased with them, by all accounts they're just as good as the 1/12s.
>>
>>6387066
What is this guy called? I want one now!
>>
Is it worth the price point though?
>>
>>6389614
Yes.
>>
>>6387066

I hear the quality is good but the design is really ugly and the face is toospooky.

I might pick up the CARB instead.
>>
>>6389290

Everyone says that this figure as the best articulation but what makes it "better" than like, a naked Figuarts body,
>>
It didn't ship alongside the CaRB? The hell, they both sold at the same exact times.
>>
>>6389602

1/12 synthozoid humanoid from TOA industries
>>
>>6389639
Is that what folks say? Yeah it is almost the same as male figuarts base body guy.

It has a good range, but so does a lot of other Japanese action figures. Ones that the design doesn't get in the way that is. Knees can bend all the way. That's the only aspect that you could say is better than most. Otherwise, fantastic design can't have enough of them.
>>
>>6389639
More range in the existing joints, and added joints that aren't in the typical figures.
And while the 'naked' Figuarts and Figmas aren't bad figures at all, they're just blanks. Synth has more details, and a little extra personality. I think all three rank well together at the top of the list.
I'd also like to see them do a female at some point.
>>
>>6389290
If you like this guy's articulation, the 1/6 is even better. It's basically the same, but it has more range.
Also the mask gimmick is nice, and the skull is more meaningful in that version.

>>6389602
TOA synthetic human by 1000toys

>>6389614
It doesn't cost more than the average figma, sure it's really poor in accessories, but the design is cool, and it has amazing posability. It's the kind of figure that stands out in a collection.

>>6389639
As you can see from pictures, it has more points of articulation than a figma. Just the chest has three separate parts, not including the hip piece.

>>6389642
Sadly, being a relatively small company, they often suffer from these kind of stupid things.
I don't care because I live in Japan, but I understand that people who end up paying import taxes, being forced to pay them twice is just stupid. They could have waited the extra week and shipped everything together instead.
>>
>>6389679
>added joints that aren't in the typical figures.
Like what? An extra ball joint in the torso?
Funny because a single revo joint does a better job.

Assemble Borg Nexus is in a similar boat for a posable original design robot man.

They need to do a female though. Very few basic female android figures even though they pop up in a lot of different media.
>>
>>6389690
No one said it was the best-- just that it has added joints that aren't in "typical" figures. Revoltech is by no means typical. They're both unique in their own aspect of a robot.

Besides, the Synthetic Human is from that Manga series--
Unlike the blank bodies, for example, a Synth is supposed to be an actual "character", but since the ones in the manga are so defined, in terms of personality and design, having your own is supposed to be like it's own unique robot straight out of the factory from the series.

So very much like Revoltech/Assembleborg, it's a generic robot for the consumer to call his or her own.
>>
>>6389690
With the difference that revoltechs are "joints with stuff attached to them, that look like shit", the joints in this guy are very well blended with the design.

Yes, revoltech have usually a good movement range, buy they sacrifice too much in looks for that.

>>6389778
I'm pretty sure they just "used" the synthetic human name, the guys that are in the manga (biomega) are nothing like him (and I was quite disappointed to find that out, I read the manga just because I wanted to know about the source material, and after all there is NO source material ahah)
>>
>>6390387
AB Nexus it doesn't matter because the spheres are part of the design. Not that they have the best articulation either. The Revol Mini then, moves well hidden well.

Like you said, they had the opportunity for superior articulation because they can design the figure around that, but they ended up being a figurarts. I feel it's half-assed just like 99% of action figures. Looks first, articulation range second. Which is fine, I like it. Just don't think it is special for articulation. Lower body is good but upper body overall needs to go a step further. I like action figures that has some cleaver gimmick to increase the range of movement, and this has nothing.

Yeah I only read Sidonia but as far as I understand the company name is in all of his manga, and this particular design is new just for the action figure. Like it belongs in his universe but there is no actual source material. That's my impression anyways.

Also, it was mentioned, I think the weapon holding hands are perfect. Can hold almost any guns very nicely. Something thin like a sword is loose you can use both hands to make it work.
>>
>>6390571
Are you talking about the 1/12 synth when you say half assed? Sorry but I'm not completely following what you say.

If you are refering to the synth, idk what more you may want from a 1/12 figure.

The only stuff I know with better range are some revoltech, but some people really overlook aesthetic too much in exchange of useless range.
I don't really need a figure that can suck its own dick with one foot up its ass and the other leg around its neck.

Also, my impression of the weapon holding hands is the total opposite.
It feels too open, I tried with some little armory guns and the only thing that keeps the weapon in the hand is the trigger finger.
Those hands can't keep anything that doesn't have a trigger.
>>
>>6390872
Oh well.
>>
>>6390872
Yeah 1/12 version. That trigger finger does the job holding the smaller guns. AB weapons, other revoltech's guns, Aliens rifle etc all fits in nicely, including Little Armory. Mafex Harley's revolver works fine too and that's pretty small. Figma archetypes are way worse though being too small, had to go with 4 inch SW guns mostly. Female you got those hand sets but I don't think the male got one, or one of matching color.

Heating and squeezing the hands might help, although will return after a while.

OK, you think it's useless range I think there are no such thing haha.

With Synth some extending joints for shoulders and waist could give that extra oomph without sacrificing anything.
>>
>>6390872
>I don't really need a figure that can suck its own dick with one foot up its ass and the other leg around its neck.
Most of us don't either, but what about that ONE TIME you really need to take a picture of a figure that can suck its own dick with one foot up its ass and the other leg around its neck?
You have the Synth man on hand, and voila!
>>
Yeah, in some instances the hands don't grip as well, but like the anon said, a little hot water and ice will work. Worst case scenario, a tiny bit of paraffin wax will do the trick.
My only beef (and it's very minimal) is the toe joints are really loose. There's no way to really balance him on them. But then, apart from the super rare moment I might need that. it's pretty much irrelevant.
>>
>>6391104
Agree on the toes joints being too loose.

As for hands, I would have prefered to have to put some more strength to push some weapons in, rather than it being unable to hold some.

I had to hot glue (actual hot glue, no dicks involved) the inside of the hand to make it thicker, so he could grip the gin I wanted him to grip.

Speaking of which, any recommendation on 1/12 sci-fi guns?
I love little armory stuff, but they're all too realistic, and don't fit well with him.
>>
>>6391492
I wonder if NECA weapons would work? There are quite a few sci-fi looking weapons to choose from, and maybe the slightly larger scale would allow him to grip the handles more easily?
>>
File: small.jpg (359KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
359KB, 662x1000px
>>6387200
>Also, their gripping hands are too open, they can't hold shit properly
Boil the hand, close grip, run it under cold water. Your welcome.
>>6387200
>is that it's like they got a good idea for a cool body, and they're recycling it for EVERY figure they're making
Yeah, 1000toys has been milking the shit out of the buck for like, 3-4 years now?
>>6389639
>Everyone says that this figure as the best articulation
I think thats mostly people that have never had a super articulated figure before. Its about on the same level as a Body-Kun.>>6389679
>Synth has more details, and a little extra personality.
This is true, but the body-chan/kun also comes with more accessories and TONS of extra hands.

I LOVE my synth humans, and I have 3 carbs on the way, but they REALLY need to step up their game with the hands.
>>
Is the 1/6 CARB any good? Kind of looks cool.
>>
>>6392385
I know the hot water trick, l used it with my revoltech skeleton, and l know they just come back to place after a while, its not worth the risk of ruining them. Hot glue is fine for my purpose.

I can't really consider those blank figures as "figures", l bought a figma she next and she's been sitting in a corner since then, really dont give a shit about her, and its not even fun to use it to make naked girls because the gaps all over the body make her too fake.

>>6392744
Am l the only one not liking the carb?
I like black and the mask is cool, but l really hate that handicapped arm and chicken leg..
>>
File: IMG_20170627_025051-759x1012.jpg (165KB, 759x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_025051-759x1012.jpg
165KB, 759x1012px
>>6393081
>I can't really consider those blank figures as "figures"

Man, what???? I bring my body-kun to work every day. It's the most versatile figure I own.
>>
>>6393081
I can't get behind the Carb's design also. However these guys nail it for me
>>
>>6393142
Why do they have on hoodies and aprons? It's like they dressed them in whatever soft goods they had left over from other stuff.
>>
>>6393177
The apron is probably from one villain in biomega

>>6393142
Yeah they're not bad, probably going to buy one if l find it cheap enough
>>
>>6393423
Yeah, the apron is deff. From the manga, but the hoody feels really random. Like, why does have this crazy sci fi dystopian futuristic helmet on and then like..... a hoody........
>>
>>6393443
I think the hoodie is cool if you put the creepy mask on, instead of the helmet
>>
>>6393454
Fair enough, I forgot about that.
>>
>>6393126
>I bring my body-kun to work every day.
The face of autism.
>>
>>6393142
What are these? Links to pre-order or anything?
>>
>>6393479
http://www.thetoychronicle.com/news/toa-heavy-industries-16-anti-carb-squad-from-1000-toys-at-sdcc/
>>
Anyone know if there are any future plans for the 1/12 line. I think these are super cool, and I have been hoping a action figure line I could collect from beginning (missed the train on most lines without having to pay terrible aftermarket prices).
>>
>>6393081
I like the arm and chicken leg. The asymmetry and "incomplete" look is a big part of why I find it interesting. Well, that and the incredible headsculpt. But the head alone honestly wouldn't have sold me on it since I already have a normal synth.
>>
>>6393177
>>6393443
But it's hard to even tell it's a hoodie if you have the apron on properly over it, like two of the three members in that pic. Then it's just a nondescript black hooded garment, and hoods are NOT exclusive to hoodies.
>>
>>6393478
Unless, you know, he works in illustration or graphic design...
>>
>>6393488
Like I said previously, they're planning on teaming up with other toys companies to use the synth body with different colors and heads/parts to make new figures.
Whatever was shown up to now is not for me (another picture coming)

>>6393527
I guess everybody's taste is different. I prefer symmetry but I don't mind asymmetry, but that "patched up" feel (especially the leg) is a turnoff.
>>
>>6393541
And here's the other one
>>
>>6393543
there is another one thats been announced but not shown off, its the one for onell design.
>>
>>6393541
>>6393543
Meh. The only reason I was interested in the design is because Nihei was involved. These do nothing for me. Some kind of weird power rangers with pizza cutters and some JoJo knockoff with much worse design harmony.

I'd rather have more Nihei inspired stuff at that scale. Oh well. Guess I will have to settle for the upcoming most likely insanely expensive Sentinel Blame! stuff. Hopefully they don't abandon the line before we get a Sanakan or Cibo.
>>
File: 201744.jpg (762KB, 1482x1111px) Image search: [Google]
201744.jpg
762KB, 1482x1111px
This guy is a ton of fun. Getting the eyes in just the right spot really makes the face creepier than it should be.
>>
File: DSC03384.jpg (242KB, 778x1052px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03384.jpg
242KB, 778x1052px
>>6394041
Ball bearings from a light pull-chain work pretty well as replacement eyes, too.
>>
>>6393543

This looks retarded. Like someone trying to do an Ultraman monster design but with no artistic skills.

>>get opportunity to collaborate on a high-end Japanese toy
>>sculpt some lumpy incoherent design
>>
>>6393541
>>6393543

Yikes, terrible. Doing some Tokusatsu hero wannabeswith this body design is a bad idea.

Be Sci-Fi oriented, space, cyberpunk, future soldier shit, any of those.

I wish GSC would do something like that with their Archetype bodies. The 2nd version figmas are pretty damn fine and they can do all the tight suit heroes you want with ease.
>>
>>6394041
What's he called?
>>
File: diy.png (551KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
diy.png
551KB, 700x524px
>>6393543
>>6393585
>>6394058
>>6394104
Mori is a very good sculptor--one of my favorites actually--but his chunky style just isn't meshing well with that hyper-skinny Synth body. It just looks bizarre and kinda wimpy. IMO it's also not as good or interesting as his usual sculpts, which is unfortunate.
>>
>>6394055
The bearings' reflection seems to add a sort of pupil which is pretty neat.

I'm not really a big fan of amiami, but I preordered this guy and the Carb version from them. the regular guys in stock but the black one isnt. Do they usually charge for both items per month or something?
>>
>>6394224
They'll charge when they get them in stock.
>>
>>6394228
Will they hold the first figure if I've grouped them in an order? Or at the end of the month am I to expect an invoice and two shipping charges?
>>
>>6394231
If you have them set into a single order then they will send you the payment request once everyone is in stock. They never send it if one item is in backorder/preorder status in the same month with in-stock stuff. Carb is probably coming in a few days so combine the orders into a single package if you want them shipped together.
>>
File: IMG_20161231_002031.jpg (113KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_002031.jpg
113KB, 960x1280px
I bought the 1/6th version
Easily one of my favorite figures
Very articulate
It's the most I've ever paid for a figure and I don't regret it at all
>>
>>6394206
Who?
>>
>>6394140
you'd better be trolling you fucking idiot, read the fucking thread
>>
File: IMG_20170623_182206.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170623_182206.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>>6394055
>Ball bearings from a light pull-chain work pretty well as replacement eyes, too.
That's what I use. I have metallic red in one and flat black in the other. 2.4 mm is what you are looking for.
>>
File: IMG23269-01.jpg (708KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG23269-01.jpg
708KB, 1800x1200px
>>6394606
It's a good simple mod.
>>
File: 1334777033283.jpg (111KB, 428x640px) Image search: [Google]
1334777033283.jpg
111KB, 428x640px
>>6394533
Mori Katsura. He singlehandedly runs a vinyl toyline out of Tokyo, and is a semi-frequent collaborator with the Glyos toyline.

As a matter of fact, all of the new 1000Toys collabs fall under the Glyos family. The three figures announced are going to be made by Matt (creator of Glyos), Mori (Glyos collaborator), and Jesse (creator of Knights of the Slice, another Glyos collaboration). I'm not sure how the whole Glyos-1000Toys marriage came about, but I'm a longtime Glyos fan AND I love 1000Toys, so this is pretty cool.
>>
>>6394747
If the Matt one ends up looking like a big Glyos man I might finally pull the trigger on one of these dudes.
The normal synth is a bit boring to me.
>>
File: glygross.jpg (99KB, 526x441px) Image search: [Google]
glygross.jpg
99KB, 526x441px
>>6394752
>a big Glyos man
The thing is, I'm a little concerned that this will just end up looking bizarre, like Mori's. Glyos has a very chunky, "plump" aesthetic too, and the Synth is just so lean and lanky. I worry that a "big Glyos man" will just end up looking like a certain someone's bad Pheyden custom from back in the day.
>>
>>6394765
You worry too much over things that don't matter. Unclench and relax.
>>
I am extremely excited for the Onell collab just because Matt is generally a fantastic designer. It probably makes sense to just make a tall, skinny pheyden but I'm hoping for something a little more unique, or at least 1 Pheyden and 1 some other newly created thing.
>>
File: IMG_20170629_021256-759x1012.jpg (159KB, 759x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_021256-759x1012.jpg
159KB, 759x1012px
>>6393478
>>I bring my body-kun to work every day.
>The face of autism.

Married 11 years, 2 kids, good paying (if boring) job. If that's autism, I'm ok with it.
>>
Got a tracking # for my 1/12 carb from 1ktoys.
>>
>>6396465
Let me guess. Youre one of those autistic tech support / sysadmins everyone hates but people can't help but to get along with cause you're one of the only ones in the company who knows shit about their systems?
>>
>>6396678
Literally, what?
>>
>>6394606
>>6396465
please post more weirdly attractive and confusingly homoerotic images, you are making me regret only buying 1
>>
>>6396514
You got a tracking number? I just got a "shipping soon" update email
>>
I guess we'll find out soon if the CaRB has a mask or alternate head.
>>
>regular synth drops in the middle of june
>eh, I'll wait for the carb to ship
>more and more stuff came in, end up shipping my hlj order last night
>payment request for carb just now
Every fucking time.
>>
>>6396678
Nope. I do loss prevention at a distribution center. I took some networking classes in high school and decided I'd rather kill myself than do IT for a living.

As for getting along with people, I don't really interact with people out on the floor much, but our team is pretty small and close knot and we all genuinely like each other.
>>
>>6396850
Check the email again, the tracking # should be in there. I thought the same thing until I looked at the email again.
>>
File: DSC_1316.jpg (432KB, 1881x1841px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1316.jpg
432KB, 1881x1841px
Aaaaaaand no skull as I expected.
It's ok I guess, they probably had to justify the same price as the synth, considered all the gimmicked parts.
But man, this is my first figure ever to have absolutely NO extra accessory, not even a spare hand.

It is cool looking, the color is really nice, and I love the face (the big red eye is clear).

I like the different arm more than I thought, but I still don't like the chicken leg.
I'm also not digging the silver color on the different arm and especially on the chicken leg, but they stand out less than they looked in the promo pics.

Won't talk about movement range because it's basically the same as the normal synth.

The only big complaint I have is that one of the special arm's blades does not stay there once fully extended.
I'll probably use some nail polish to fix this.

In conclusion, I like it, it's worth the price, not a perfect figure, but a very nice addition to my collection.
>>
>>6397415
>absolutely NO extra accessory, not even a spare hand.
Damn, I didn't think they'd completely skip out on extra hands. Can either of the ones he does come with hold stuff?
>>
>>6397425
No, they're open.
I guess the "point" is that it has weapons embedded in its body, so he doesn't need to hold stuff..
>>
>>6397415

Hm it's a little... blue.
>>
>>6397475
Looks spotty because of the flash, it's completely fine under normal light
>>
>>6397459
That's a bummer, one of my favorite things about the normal one is that he could hold pretty much anything I've tried.
>>
>>6397501
coul always try to recolor one of the normal synthetic human's gripping hands, even tho I won't really feel the need for this guy to hold stuff
>>
File: gekko_zps37c70ff5.jpg (70KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
gekko_zps37c70ff5.jpg
70KB, 432x600px
>>6397425
>Damn, I didn't think they'd completely skip out on extra hands
If you happen to be one of the 10 people that actually own the Sentinel Gecko from metal gear, you can use the hands that came with that. They are a perfect fit.
>>
>>6397415
>no mask or alternate skull head

god damnit, they really need to mention the details on new stuff better
>>
File: DSC01056.jpg (359KB, 968x1084px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01056.jpg
359KB, 968x1084px
>>6397573
>If you happen to be one of the 10 people that actually own the Sentinel Gecko from metal gear

In my experience they're not great at gripping, but yeah actually, I do. That's cool.
>>
>>6397581
Well, they never showed a skull face for it, l was pretty sure it would come without it
>>
>>6397415
just post more pics. shouldn't the blue parts be gunmetal?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498791049949.jpg (24KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498791049949.jpg
24KB, 720x602px
>>6397628
No, gunmetal are all the other, more black parts.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498791146327.jpg (22KB, 720x1132px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498791146327.jpg
22KB, 720x1132px
>>6397647
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498791404823.jpg (10KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498791404823.jpg
10KB, 720x468px
>>6397647
>>6397650
>>
File: IMG_20170629_225444317.jpg (2MB, 2340x2361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_225444317.jpg
2MB, 2340x2361px
>>6397573
Proof? Unless the Carb uses a totally different joint, theres no way the Gekko hands are fitting on the current ball joint...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498791458697.jpg (30KB, 720x1227px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498791458697.jpg
30KB, 720x1227px
>>6397647
>>6397650
>>6397653
>>
>>6397656
The carb has the same joints as the synth
Maybe he meant including the joint itself?
>>
>>6397662
I guess that would work if the pegs are the same size. All my Gekko wrist joints are super tight so I probably won't be attempting a swap once my Carb gets in.
>>
What's HLJ's EMS look like for this guy? Like 2k? He looks really great.
>>
>>6397658
I'm not bothered by the chicken foot, too bad it's not a full mechanical looking leg.
>>
>>6397672
It looks fine and it's pretty cheap for todays figure standard
Idk about ems, but the box is really small and light, I'm sure you can order it with something else and have shipping price not change much
>>
>>6397672
17K for me, so about 15 bucks.
>>
>>6397656
>Proof?
>>6397662
>Maybe he meant including the joint itself?
Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific.
>>
>>6397647
>>6397650
Beautiful paint, I get the impression these 1/12 versions are in many ways better than the 1/6.

I wonder if they'll start shrinking down the cloth outfit figures like Kaigen too?
>>
>>6397415
>>6397647
>>6397650
>>6397653
>>6397658
Thank you for the pics, helped convince me that I can live without this version before paying for my preorder.
>>
>>6397156
>defending your life on 4chan

dude, I take my fidget spinner to work every day and it's great. It doesn't matter what the soldiers think. You do you.
>>
>>6397758
17k is 17,000
>>
>>6397415
how did you get yours so quickly?

I got my shipping notice just yesterday
>>
>>6398193
Yeah yeah. Whatever. You know what I meant. 1700
>>
>>6397758
Ended up being like 2400 for Synthetic Human and 2 Revos. A Nendo and the same 2 Revos on AmiAmi was going to be like 3700 shipped. Might start using HLJ a lot more.
>>
>>6398967
My amiami order for one of the white one of the black is a flat 2k for EMS.
>>
>>6398968
At hlj
2x is 1700 yen ems
3x is 1990 ems
4x is 1990 fedex

So for people that orders more than 1 , hlj is the spot.
>>
File: IMG_20170630_230021-759x1012.jpg (156KB, 759x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170630_230021-759x1012.jpg
156KB, 759x1012px
"whatcha thinkin bout?"
"I dunno, robot stuff...."
>>
>>6399024
I usually prefer hlj because of the sweet warehouse. SAdly when I ordered my figures amiami was the only one to have both in stock.
>>
File: 14818998596_d0f2671c9e_o.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
14818998596_d0f2671c9e_o.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
>tfw never ever due to limited release

Real shame since I'm a sucker for damaged/worn out variants of figures.
>>
>>
>>6399104
was hoping they'd do a 1/12 of this for sdcc or something
>>
File: 1376438678422.png (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376438678422.png
137KB, 640x480px
>>6399104
>oh wow that's cool let's see how much we're talking here I've been looking for something cool
>literally a grand

Jesus christ.
>>
File: DSC_1335.jpg (956KB, 2021x1945px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1335.jpg
956KB, 2021x1945px
>>6398878
I live in Osaka, got it like at 9am ahah
Also, I bought it from Amazon with prime, and they usually ship very fast, and stuff from amazon always gets to me in the morning

>>6399104
>>6399146
Yeah, I jumped on the 1000toys train too late to even think about this guy. He looks WAY better than the normal one..

>>6399144
I think there IS hope, since they seem to like reusing the fucking body so much lol
But, I was also thinking I could try to make a mod of one of my 1/12 synths. After all it's just a recolor, the only missing thing would be the clear mask tho..

Anyway, I found this bad guy for just 17000 yen on yahoo auctions, couldn't resist, it's also the weapon I wanted.
I still don't like the design on the chicken legs, but he's cool overall.
>>
File: 20170701_093545.jpg (971KB, 1429x1071px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_093545.jpg
971KB, 1429x1071px
>>
>>6397799
What is the vehicle/mech thing in the background?
>>
>>6400108
Raptor from the acid rain line.
>>
Where do you guys buy your ball bearings? I looked up 2.4mm into ebay and don't see the nift red ones like >>6399117 has.
>>
>>6387066
>Clicked on /toy/ by accident
>First thread I see
That's some cool shit, anon. Looks like it'd be really useful for drawing, where can I cop one of these cute little buddies?
>>
>>6400225
https://hlj.com/product/1TY88339
>>
>>6400225
amiami
bbts
hlj
>>
>>6400225
They're made by 1000toys, a quite small company.
A second wave has just been released, so you should still be able to find them on japanese retailer sites at a decent price.

I just checked, and he's on both amiami and hlj, it's around 60 usd (without shipping).
>>
>>6400212
https://www.amazon.com/Darice-Nickel-Plated-Chain-4-Inch/dp/B003P9YQFS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

That's the one I got, no idea about the other colors but you can probably find 'em from there.
>>
>>6400228
>>6400231
>Sixty dollary-doos
And these things are high quality? They won't break if I drop them and they'll never pose right again? It doesn't have to be sturdy, but I don't want to knock it over on my desk when I get a pencil and then it's broken, or have it wear down over time just from posing and handling it.
>>
>>6400256
I don't "play" with my figure nor repose them too often, but I think they are pretty sturdy.

The only joint I don't like is the wrist one, that always looks like it's gonna split (but would go back into place again), everything else is solid.
They're also quite light, with rigid joints, so they'll keep any pose forever.

If you drop one it won't break, if you step on it or drop it from your window, then you should take more care of your stuff lol

Also, if the joints ever get loose, there are products you use on joints to make them firm again (but can't help you here because I've never used any)
>>
File: DSC01810.jpg (133KB, 1355x907px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01810.jpg
133KB, 1355x907px
>>6400256
I got one from the first run in feburary, and he's been solid as hell since then. If you toss him off your desk onto the floor repeatedly maybe you'll have problems, but under normal wear/tipping over will be fine. One of the more sturdy-feeling figures I've owned, honestly.
>>
>>6400256
>>6400225
But for drawing you should probably get a body-kun. It's actually made for that.
>>
>>6401040
Does it really matter?
I mean Body Kun is a great figure, but you can use pretty much any of them (Body kun, He/She,/Synth/etc) for a reference.
Synth has more detail, but they work just fine if you want to get a rough idea of form.
>>
>>6401070
it does matter if you care about price since the Synth is more expensive .
>>
>>6400256
things can break when you knock it over your desk and lands on a hard surface. so like anything else, just don't knock it over.

like anything else, it will also wear down over time from posing and handling, the time it takes to wear down depends on how you handle them. treat them with care and they will last longer.

Maybe you should look into something cheaper if this is a bit expensive for you. there's other alternatives. and yes they too might break when knock over and will wear down over time like everything else.
>>
>>6401095
So?
Let the guy buy what he wants. Why should you care what he spends his money on?
>>
>>6401040
Artist here. The synthetic human is by far my favourite out of every figure I've tried as a posing dummy. I have a spare on the way to use as a beater.

In my opinion it's vastly better than both the SHF Body Kun/Chan and the Figma Archetype Next. Can't wait for a female version.
>>
>>6401095
yeah, like, 20 more bucks
I'm sure he's not going to be able to eat for a month
>>
>>6397425
>>6397501
>>6397415
>>absolutely NO extra accessory, not even a spare hand.
Why are you guys suddenly surprised at this? The original CaRB didn't come with anything either, and since it has two uniquely designed weapon arms/hands, it was pretty obvious that we weren't gonna get the usual array of hands.

The lack of skull is kind of a bummer though. I liked the white panel lining they did on the 1/6 version.
>>
so why were these $85 from bbts for initial release but the second is $65?
>>
>>6401375
I'm not surprised, but I honestly think they should have included the skull for consistency
>>
>>6401402
They have a minor difference (a mark on the neck) that makes them apart.
And of course, the older, out of stock version becomes more valuable, even if they're basically the same figure.
>>
>>6401406
nah i mean for preorder they were 85 from the start, and these for 20 bucks cheaper for preorder
>>
>>6401402
>>6401413
In all honesty, probably because bbts realized they weren't that rare anymore. Their pricing policy on imports seems to be 100% based on "what can we get for this", and the second run was open much longer so 1000toys probably made more.
>>
>>6401420
>Their pricing policy on imports seems to be 100% based on "what can we get for this",
Thats their pricing policy on everything. I cannot fathom why anyone does business with those scum bags. There is a better, CHEAPER place to buy literally anything they sell.
>>
>>6401121
>Let the guy buy what he wants. Why should you care what he spends his money on?
i don't, which was why other options are suggested. you on the other hand seems to want him to buy this item only.
>>
>>6401714
They pack things well, the shipping is cheaper (and even cheaper now that it's $4 flat rate) and even with the gimped private warehouse of 90 days it's better than other shops that make you ship immediately.

For western releases, bluefin releases and kotobukiya they are priced fairly. For all other imports there is no reason not to use HLJ, AmiAmi or Hobby Search instead.
>>
>>6401943
>For western releases, bluefin releases and kotobukiya
Amazon (actual Amazon, not some 3rd party retailer selling on Amazon) is a far better option for US and Bluefin releases.
>>
File: 1499059481722.jpg (390KB, 2372x3999px) Image search: [Google]
1499059481722.jpg
390KB, 2372x3999px
I got snake eyes this weekend, l ordered it together with bokkoku, was waiting for an email..that never came, l directly got the figure.

It's really amazing, way bettet than l thought.
The only issue it had is the chest stripe (the one with the knife and kunais), they made it way too short, and it looked really dorky (looking online, seems like that's how the final product actually is, while promo pics have it long enough to have it hang nicely ).
So, l cut one piece from another stripe it had, and sewed it on the chest one, 1 cm was enough, happy with the final result.
>>
How feasible is getting the 1/6 Synth still?
I really wanted it on the first release but the whole pre-order problems put a kibosh on that. And I was disappointed to find out the larger production was on 1/12 scale.
>>
>>6402729
In japan you can still find it for not much more the original price of 160 usd.
They still sell some at every event they attend to.
>>
File: IMG_1581.png (537KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1581.png
537KB, 1242x2208px
>>6402751
>In japan you can still find it for not much more the original price of 160 usd.
Outside of events that's not true at all, they sell for shitloads.

Also next event is WF, they aren't selling the original, instead it's a new Clear version.
>>
>>6402758
They're always on yahoo auctions and they dont get bought for those prices, with some luck you can get one for 20000-25000

But yeah, l thought they were going for cheaper
>>
Just got mine and holy hell, there IS a big difference between 1:6 and 1:12.
>>
Pretty decent figure, it's can stand up to any figma in its same price range as an example.

The paint is great, sad about the skull head (would have been happy with an alt head instead of the mask even) because I really dig the black skull with the white outlines, but oh well.

Main complaint is the middle torso section, just above the abs, it's a free floating piece that I guess is pegged between the lower torso and upper torso and its just really fucking loose and goes whatever way it wants to and throws the whole torso off constantly, I've tried pressing down on both sides to see if it was just loose but its just that way.

Still pretty good, I sort of wish they'd done an 8 inch figure instead of the 6 inch figures, I'd have been willing to pay a little more if it was larger and had more of the 1:6th stuff without being fuckhuge like the 1:6th.
>>
File: carb1.jpg (205KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
carb1.jpg
205KB, 800x1008px
>>6403104
>>
File: carb2.jpg (187KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
carb2.jpg
187KB, 800x1071px
>>6403167
>>
>>6397415
Mine has the same issue with the blades--

How did you go about fixing yours?
>>
>>6403104
>the middle torso section, just above the abs, it's a free floating piece

I hate when toy companies do that
>>
File: 20170703_172836.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_172836.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Part-swapping seems easy enough.
>>
>>6403387
Where did the sword come from?
>>
>>6393532
>graphic design
Not so much for that. But 3D modelers and animators use figures for reference all the time.
>>
>>6403445
probably revo raiden
>>
>>6403056
You could be a little more specific
Just sayin
>>
>>6403511
look at the post immediately after it???
>>
>>6403445
>>6403486
Revo Raiden.

That said, did anyone else experience a slightly uneven legs?
The right leg seems longer.
>>
>>6403590
it is, due to the replacement leg, just like the replacement arm is longer.
>>
>>6403252
I extended the blade until the end, and put just a little of clear nail polish in the rail, just toward the end of the rail (touching a little of the bottom of the blade, the dented part).
Worked perfectly!
>>
>>6403518
Not the same guy, but you're still not making any fucking point.
Of course it's "different", but what do you mean, different how?
Can't even understand if you mean it's better or worse.
>>
>>6403699
>mentions its wonkier than the large one
>doesnt have a skull or alt head like the larger one (already mentioned in the thread but still)
>the paint is great
>pretty decent figure
>as good as any figma in the simiilar price range

are you alright anon
>>
>>6403714
Yeah I'm retarded, the two posts didn't link in my head, skipped the big one and jumped directly to the pictures
>>
File: dumbsup.png (31KB, 127x128px) Image search: [Google]
dumbsup.png
31KB, 127x128px
>>6403717
S'cool brudda
>>
>>6403612
The regular release is uneven as well, though.
>>
>>6404137
Yeah it's not too big of a deal, makes it look more offputting
>>
>>6394965
wait.
can the glyarmor/ skeliden armor fit on a synth body?
>>
>>6404298
I won't disagree-- but the OCD in me craves an equal footing for the money, ya know?

I was hoping to find a quick fix online. So far, no avail.
>>
>>6404362
it is an asymmetric figure to begin with..what's the point?
>>
File: GUL_7241.jpg (343KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7241.jpg
343KB, 662x1000px
>>
File: GUL_7242.jpg (367KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7242.jpg
367KB, 662x1000px
>>6404554
>>
>>6404554
how're the blades on yours?
>>
File: GUL_7244.jpg (348KB, 631x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7244.jpg
348KB, 631x1000px
>>6404573
I had to use some clear lacquer on the slider, but they are fine now.
>>
File: GUL_7243.jpg (340KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_7243.jpg
340KB, 640x1000px
>>6404576
>>
>>6404388
I'm talking the original--

Besides, asymmetrical doesn't exactly equate to unbalanced. It's an aesthetic.
>>
Gimmick time.
>>
I wonder if beads would work? You could get all kinds of translucent colors.
>>
looks like some shit straight out of blame!
>>
>>6404325
No. MAYBE you could force the chestplate on, but it would be stretching it out, and the armor would look ridiculous and tiny on the Synth body anyway, like it was wearing a bib.
>>
>>6404799
Well...yeah. Nihei is the one that designed these toys after all. And the Synths were labeled as being produced by Toha Heavy Industries, which is a corporation that figures into all of his manga.
>>
>>6404755
My mother does her own bracelets and stuff but the smallest beads she has are 4mm rather than 2.4. All the colors and things were really neat looking though I wish they'd have worked.

>>6404799
I watched the anime film netflix has of that recently and I enjoyed it. Made me really anticipate my figures arriving and made me also want more than one. Pricey route, though.
>>
>>6404799
Well, it was designed by Nihei Tsutomu the guy who wrote Blame! He has a collaboration action figure line with a japanese toy company 1000toys.

https://1000toys.jp/products/list.php?category_id=1
>>
>>6405352
w....why did you show up eight hours late just to post pretty much exactly the same reply as >>6404817
>>
>>6403172
is that fuckin Enrico Puccis pose?
>>
File: figure3.jpg (235KB, 700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
figure3.jpg
235KB, 700x1092px
>>6405381
yes
>>
>>6405365
Why are you worried about it you stuttering prick?
>>
>>6404622
The metallic ones seem like they'd be nicer than the plasticy red ones.
>>
File: smile.jpg (100KB, 541x558px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
100KB, 541x558px
I'm so glad this thread exists so I got a chance to get this guy. I think he might be as creepy as Blip.
>>
>>6409403
Glad you got hooked.
Honestly the 1/6 one is much more uncanny, when wearing the mask especially.
>>
>>6409403
Same here. They feel really sturdy, too. when I pose them I know for sure they're gonna hold that pose. Plus they have a lot of emotion as robot figures.
>>
>>6404622
anal beads for days
>>
File: ;lfj.jpg (259KB, 644x1000px) Image search: [Google]
;lfj.jpg
259KB, 644x1000px
>>
>>6409758
what's the background?
>>
>>6409846
kotobukiya chain bases.
>>
File: IMG_20170708_213351-759x1012.jpg (167KB, 759x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_213351-759x1012.jpg
167KB, 759x1012px
Gecco hand looks good on the carb.
>>
>>6410240
Thanks!
>>
File: sentinel-killy-figure.jpg (56KB, 343x626px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel-killy-figure.jpg
56KB, 343x626px
>>6404817
Speakin of which...has there been any other news about this shit?
>>
File: Test Beer.jpg (2MB, 1906x2199px) Image search: [Google]
Test Beer.jpg
2MB, 1906x2199px
>>
>>6411214
Oh, thats neat.
>>
>>6411214
I guess there go my hopes and dreams for 1/12 soft goods.

Looks pretty cool though.
>>
I think it was last thread someone said the white one has a ko. How was the quality on that?
>>
>>6411730
i think its the same size as a SH figuart...I don't remember though. Very little info out there about it. Was shown at the movie premier in japan.
>>
No generals so I'll drop it here. Little teaser for the next Synth human to be showed at SDCC.
>>
>>6411730
It's probably better this way. Only one company has really gotten 1/12 soft goods right (ThreeA), and even then, sometimes they're more annoying than they're worth.

Still, this does have me curious....if we get the Anti-CaRBs, will they have newly sculpted clothing to replace the fabric ones on the 1/6? I mean, I know all the 1/12s are new sculpts, but you get what I mean.

>>6412783
Mildly curious because I like clear toys, but I am worried about it yellowing over time.
>>
>>6412785
Hell, it already looks slightly yellowed
>>
>>6412783
So glad l don't give a shit about clear crap, so l don't have to spend money on another fucking recycled body.
>>
>>6396678
>Can't stand when other people enjoy their hobby and has to find faults with people throwing out accusations to make themself feel better about being a miserable unhappy person
>>
>>6404554
This thing is pretty cooool. Kinda want one now.
>>
>>6412783
oh boy cant wait for this one to go to buttfuck prices like the test body
>>
Is there a place where I could buy this for about retail, and not from the US?

I haven't bought anything in months, can't believe I missed out on the HLJ sale. I want him for drawing reference
>>
>>6413183
Think you missed out man. It seems sold out at all the major retailers. All you can really do now is watch Mandarake and hope for the best.
>>
>>6413496
Oh well.

Might just wait and see what >>6412783 is.
>>
>>6413183
If you can't find it anywhere else, they have it for 8200 yen on amazon jp
You could use a proxy website
>>
>>6413698
That's gonna be a 1/6 scale translucent Synth. There was a (lit) photo of it somewhere I saw online, but it seems like I didn't save it.
>>
File: 1ty88338_0_1487903378.jpg (27KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1ty88338_0_1487903378.jpg
27KB, 600x450px
I finally got around to opening up my CARB and he's cool and all, but did they actually change any of the old joints? I opened him up and the balljoint in the middle of his torso is completely frozen, like it was deliberately glued.
>>
So is 1000toys actually going to release all those Izmojuki robots or are they just going to keep doing interviews and making blogposts about conventions and random swag.
>>
>>6412783
Is this the 1/6 scale? If it is, I might not have to kill myself trying to buy the one they're selling at Wonfes.
>>
>message them via their onsite email inquiry thing
>"hey is there anything you would suggest doing to fix the loose blade/middle torso looseness"

>get email back
>these are both problems that could arise in any figure however they are not seen as defects there will be no replacement

??????????
>>
>>6421530
Jesus dude, if you've spent more than 5 minutes on /toy/ then you should be more than aware of how to fix loose joints. If you really are a newfag, either lurk more, or go back.
>>
>>6421555
Very epic AND for the win, dude.
>>
>>6421530
People are complaining about the loose blade everywhere.
Seems like the just screwed up with one of the rails' size, so ALL of them are like that.
I guess they're getting so many complaints about it, that they're just auto replying the same shit to everyone.

I really love their figures, but they SUCK with some things. The way they (directly or indirectly) relate with their customers is really erratic, ranging from very nice to extremely unprofessional.

Anyway, I fixed the problem on the blade with some clear nail polish, just extend the blade to the end, and use the nail polish brush inside the rail. Just a little should be enough.
>>
>>6420638
I don't have my CaRB yet, but can someone answer this anon? I am curious.
>>
>>6422978
>>6420638
I think it's working on mine, I'll have to have a closer look.

They definitely changed the wrist joints. I got another Synthetic Human from the 2nd run and it's noticeably better-made than the 1st run version I have. I think they also might have slightly retooled the face to make it closer to the 1/6.
>>
>>6421530
>>6422460
Easy fix.
All you need is tape and scissors, and maybe a tweezer.

1) Extend the loos blade.
2) Cut a small piece of tape, and make a tiny rectangle
3) Place the tape, sticky side down on the inside of the panel of where the loose blade sits, RIGHT below the peg at the bottom of the blade, so that it adheres to the wall.

This will create *slight* friction so that the blade will stay up.

4) Repeat this process on the outer side of the panel where the blade rests, midway down the panel.

This will create slight friction so that the blade will not slide OUT of the arm when not in use.

The slight friction from the tape gives similar friction to the one felt on the not-loose blade.
>>
>>6387066

Assuming those fuckers keep being made, is there a chance they get more affordable in an year or two? I don't buy toys, but those look fun and I don't want to get scalped.
>>
>>6428131
>and I don't want to get scalped
If you want to get one below its original preorder price then you need to go second hand and hope for something like a "damaged box" which is like minor bumps on corners which can knock the price down. Your primary shops are Mandarake and AmiAmi preowned, Jungle Japan is also a solid choice. Otherwise you need to keep an eye out for the next run which may or may not stick to the 6,650jpy price tag.
>>
>>6428131
They could also stop making them and price goes even higher.
>>
Bump from the grave.

Anyone manage to get the SDCC transparent synths? Any idea when the 1/6 will be made available via their webstore?
>>
>>6440170
Maybe after October I guess, they said it would be sold in many events after SDCC, like WF 2017 summer, ACG HK, Taipei Toy Festival.
>>
>>6394765
>>
>>6440170
i picked up a 1/12th synth. couldn't get the 1/6th because they were at different booths. the booth that had the 1/6th apparently got very few and they sold out by early thursday. It was also constantly line-capped.

>>6411214
i was in a rush and didn't take pictures myself, but they did show off some prototypes at the booth selling the 1/12th

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/07/sdcc-2017-3d-retro-booth-1000toys/

>>6421098
both a 1/12th and 1/6th clear synth sold at sdcc. they're supposed to make more for later events.
>>
File: 8483.jpg (242KB, 1277x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8483.jpg
242KB, 1277x1920px
>>6442067
Neat
>>
>>6442144
Very Microman-esque. I love it.
>>
>>6442067
>http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/07/sdcc-2017-3d-retro-booth-1000toys/

I'm diggin' that Killy figure. Goddammit japan.
>>
>>6444966
It's going on preorder tomorrow
>>
>>6445452
Damn. CAn I preorder anywhere like hlj etc?
>>
>>6445565
It's a Sentinel figure so I don't see why not since all their other stuff is widely released.
>>
>>6445565
Preorders will go live on the 1000toys web site at 11am Japan time tomorrow.

http://1000toys.jp/
>>
>mfw I had 2nd run in my hand but sold it

>mfw no face

Any chance of re-releases?
>>
BLAME! pre-orders are already up on BBTS. Killy is $90 (will be $65 on 1000toys) and Safeguard is $70 (will be $60 on 1000toys).
>>
>>6445677
Pre-ordered for now, but will these show up on AmiAmi?
>>
>>6445699
Union Creative is the distributor so I would assume so. It'd be pretty nuts to pay for licensing on something like this and then do a limited release on their website only.

It's a possibility but I highly doubt they will do that given the huge success they've had with their other 1/12 releases.
>>
>>6393541
>>6393543
Man, I LOVE tokusatsu, but these are totally taking the design in the wrong direction. The company should get more heavy sci-fi designers like Nihei on board. Carb is a good starting point for other artists to move on from. You need to go more robotic, not less. Embrace the aesthetic. Don't hide it with weird mismatching parts. Things like this look cool.

Also, using just one body is kind of lame. It's alright to start with just the one, but in the future there needs to be more "blank" bodies people can making into mechanical wonders or nightmares.
>>
>>6445729
Whoops, forgot image
>>
>>6403387
can you take off the chicken leg and swap with the "normal" legs?
>>
>>6445729
I don't think the aim is toku homage, they had a lot of success teaming up with Bait in San Diego and they probably realised they could capitalise on that further by doing some hipster vinyl collaborations using the synthetic human base body.
>>
>>6446214
Knights of the Slice is def. a toku spoof, and I think 1000Toys' friendship and collab with them is what led to them hooking up with RxH and Onell.
>>
>>6446229
Well yeah, but I guess I mean these things are more hipster bait than they are straight toku.

>Metal Heroes x Toa Heavy Industries when?
>>
>>6393541
>>6393543
>>6441982
Are these only going to be released as 1/12?
>>
>>6446336
So far, yes.
>>
>>6446369
Damn. I'd much rather have them in 1/6 scale.
>>
>65 dollars through webshop shipping included
>BBTS 90 dollars + shipping
>????????????????????????????????????

Anyone know if you can order through 1000toys webshop if you are from one of the countries they have store distributors in? I want to order the killy from Canada but their distributor is animextreme which are probably going to charge ridiculous ripoff prices for it. .
>>
>>6446383
I don't see why not, but anyway, why don't you just try?
>>
When ordering directly from 100toys do they take the cash right then? Or is it a situation like most other places where they don't charge until the item is to be shipped?
>>
>>6446850
Payment Methods

-What payment methods are available?

We accept payment via PayPal only.

-When will my order be charged?

All billing from PayPal will be done when the purchase is placed and not when the item ships.

-What currency will I be charged in?

All orders will be charged in USD.

http://1000toys.jp/guide/index.php#payway
>>
>>6446866
I should have looked more closely. I'm sure it'll stay open for at least a week or 2. I am unsure of how the previous preorders went.
>>
>>6446383
Import toys on BBTS are there for suckers who don't know or don't care to learn how to order directly from the source or Japanese webshops. You pay a heavy "convenience fee" for being able to get your animu toys without doing any research or legwork yourself, basically.
>>
>>6393126
> Tamashii Nations ver.
Jealous.
>>
Killy and Safeguard are currently up on AmiAmi and HLJ. Slightly cheaper at AmiAmi.
>>
>>6446914
>Slightly cheaper at AmiAmi
They're actually cheaper at HLJ.
>>
>>6446917
Not in my currency.
>>
File: read the FAQ dipshit.jpg (44KB, 383x270px) Image search: [Google]
read the FAQ dipshit.jpg
44KB, 383x270px
>>6446850
>>
>>6446883
>I'm sure it'll stay open for at least a week or 2.
>>
>>6446924
What? They stated it would be on preorder for a specific amount of time and it will not sell out. They'll also announce before they close the preorders.
>>
File: Clipboard.jpg (50KB, 593x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.jpg
50KB, 593x523px
>>6446919
Your currency's conversion rates defy all economic sense, impressive!
>>
>>6446938
HLJ no longer displays the Yen prices for me, it just does an automatic conversion. The prices at AmiAmi converted came up slightly cheaper They're also determined that I'll have to set up a Paypal billing agreement for some reason if I want to keep buying there, don't think I'll bother with them in future.
>>
>>6446959
anon you dum-dum, click on the orange bar at the top of the site.
They shouldn't have changed it but it's not really hard to figure out
>>
>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032093&page=top

Kind of underwhelmed with Killy to be honest. My expectations are through the roof because I am a mega fan but I feel like he should have come with more stuff for the price.

I know he isn't known for his facial expressions but he has made a few and they could have at least given him a "talking" expression. An effect part or alternate guns to show the differing firing power modes should have been nice. The most realistic addition would have been some alternate hair piece because it's the one dynamic thing they could have done.

A gun, a knife, a one color food block and four hands is fucking weak. He doesn't even get two fisted hands for christ sake. I'll buy it but i'm not happy about it.
>>
>>6447284
Welcome to 1000toys, l guess?

Some of their releases don't even have grip hands..
>>
File: FIGURE-032093_03.jpg (45KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-032093_03.jpg
45KB, 800x800px
I didn't even know they were making Killy. Glad I came across it. I have all the BLAME! books, gotta buy any figures they make for it.
>>
>>6447650
If it's anywhere near as good as their Toa Synthetic Human stuff you're in for a treat. I ordered Killy and two Safeguards last night.
>>
>>6447684
I thought about getting two safeguards, decided not to. How likely are they to continue the line? I'd love a Cibo and Sana-Kan.
>>
>>6448879
Probably depends on how well these figures sell.

I have a giant magnetic whiteboard attached to the wall above my desk, can't wait to have the Safeguards posed crawling around on it...
>>
>>6448898
It'll be cool to see if any hardcore fans build really intricate dioramas for the figures.
>>
>>6393541
>No unsliced pizza is safe!
>>
Can anyone give me an explanation of these?
I fucking adore these designs but getting them in Scotland is gonna cost a pretty decent amount and I might be less hesitant if they have a source I like
>>
>>6451128
There isn't one, they're just super-cool synth designs by manga artist Tsutomo Nihei. They share certain elements from his creations Blame, Biomega and Knights of Sidonia, though - the company Toa Heavy Industries popped up in all three.
>>
>>6451387
Well, that explains the Synths, but aren't Killy and the Safeguards actually from Blame?
>>
>>6452310
Not the same person, but yeah, I also thought the question was related to the main topic, synths.
Killy and the safeguards are their first figures that actually come from some media, and are not original designs.

Actually, there are also the G.I Joe ones, where they're using existing characters, but mixing them with the synth idea.
>>
Clear 1:12 synths are up on AmiAmi

Probably not very many so I'd get on that if you want one
>>
Wasn't there some armature or artist's mannequin that had more poseability than the Synthetic Human? It was posted on /toy/ a while ago but it was expensive so it was just one guy shilling for it
>>
>>6454792
>already closed
DAmn it.
>>
>>6454792
Damn. Missed it.
Thanks for the heads-up. Going to keep this bookmarked.

>>6454883
The SFBT-3?
That's a doll, bro.
>>
>>6454898
Less than 12 minutes......
>>
>>6454936
The SFBT-3 is no more or less a doll than the 1/6 synth human is.
>>
>>6454936
check 1000toys' facebook page. there's two US sites and a UK site that should be putting them up soon
>>
>>6454883
was it this thing?
http://www.jessica-emmett.com/blog/a-better-artists-mannequin-sfbt-3-in-depth-review/

or were you thinking of a $10,000 bronze figure? can't find any pictures of that one, but i remember it being posted a few times.
>>
>>6454898
>>6454946
>>6454999

At least the one US site is putting it up at noon EST today. I'm the person who posted about AmiAmi but I was initially gonna try to get from that site until I saw AmiAmi's twitter post the link and ordered from there.

>>6454883

I believe what you're thinking of is called Stickybones, it was an Indiegogo campaign a little over a year ago. I'm planning on getting one whenever it comes out, it seems really nice. It's still not quite out yet though.
>>
http://www.ko-reko-re.com/new-products/112-toa-heavy-industries-synthetic-human-clear

Quick anons
>>
>>6455151

US retailers supposedly opening around noon.
>>
>>6455014
No it was an American kickstarter campaign iirc
>>
>>6455060
>I believe what you're thinking of is called Stickybones, it was an Indiegogo campaign a little over a year ago. I'm planning on getting one whenever it comes out, it seems really nice. It's still not quite out yet though.
Oh yeah that was it. It sure is taking a while to come out. I think I'll pick one up when it does
>>
GO GO GO

https://www.tenacioustoys.com/collections/1000toys/products/1000toys-synthetic-human-1-12-scale-figure
>>
>>6455443

Sold out in 10 minutes. :/
>>
>>6455443
>>6455456
I go out to feed the cat and look what happens.
>>
>Faggot-kun we must rehash our mold
>Cocksucking-san I have just the idea, make it out of clear plastic so we don't have to use paint and it will make it even cheaper to produce
>But Faggot-kun, surely it will not sell as well as the previous versions
>Ah yes desu but if we limit the preorders to increase demand we can surely sell as many as we want
>Brilliant, Faggot!

I fucking hate this shit. Just when you thought 1000fags were getting out of being scalpertier scumfucks they pull this shit. They might as well have shamelessly gone back to the lottery bullshit they pulled for the first 1/6th guy
>>
>>6455718
Missed the preorders anon?
>>
>>6455718
Sorry you can't appreciate a good Henshin Cyborg homage, anon.
>>
>>6455718
lol You mad because you missed the window.
>>
>>6455718
I'm mad I missed the preorders too, man. I'm sure we'll get another chance, though!
>>
I actually got in last night and was about to hit confirm on my order but then I hesitated. I love Henshin Cyborg and clear plastic and all, but I'm trying to pare down my collection lately and $65-70 is a lot for a single 1/12 figure that I'm not even 100% on. Ultimately I passed.
>>
>>6456874

You coulda ordered it and sold it here instead of to scalpers. Or scalp it yourself and pocket $50.

Chode.
>>
There's now a bootleg of the 12" version for under 50. I wonder what the quality is like. If it was the 6" I'd use it as an opportunity to army build synthetic humans.
>>
>>6463497
Where can you get it?
>>
>>6396678
>>6396678
Let me guess, you've probably looked at the closet doors, the only thing standing between you and gun urging you to the sad death you wish you had the guts to go through with, at least 10 times today?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.