[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vortex Toys YEW Series Ranger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 20

This guy finally came in yesterday. I know there was some interest in this new line of 1/12 figures so I thought I would share my pics and impressions.
>>
I ordered this guy off eBay from a Chinese seller for about $60 after promotions. It appears to only be available from Chinese sellers, and shipping took about 2 weeks to the US.

The box came sealed in plastic, and the packaging (for those that care) is definitely collector grade premium stuff. Hard cardboard with glossy finish. I'll be throwing mine away.
>>
Here he is all snug.

First impression when I opened the box is that he's TINY.
>>
Here he is holding dice for a sense of scale.

I was really impressed at the head sculpt and paint. It exceeded my expectations.
>>
>>
File: IMG_5219.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5219.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I don't think these pictures really convey how impressive the face is, especially on such a diminutive figure
>>
>>6382416
>The box came sealed in plastic, and the packaging (for those that care) is definitely collector grade premium stuff. Hard cardboard with glossy finish.
> I'll be throwing mine away.

This made me laugh.

OP I was the one who made that thread a while back, do you have some marvel legends, or other 6 inch figures to put next to him? Perhaps, albeit rather specific, the Super action statue IBM figure?

How is the overall build Quality-wise? Think he was worth the money? Mine should be hear by friday so I hope not to be too disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_5220.jpg (1023KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5220.jpg
1023KB, 3264x2448px
That's not missing paint at the hairline, it's a different color of brown. I kind of wish the went with a more stern expression but I still think it looks great.
>>
File: cyclopsbison3.jpg (351KB, 1368x1824px) Image search: [Google]
cyclopsbison3.jpg
351KB, 1368x1824px
>>6382429
disgusting.

Skinny-ass jeans and his legs are fucking thinner than that, making them look baggy?
Disgusting.
Jacket is Toy Biz tier cloth quality.
>>
>>6382429
I'm guessing he's around figuarts bruce lee height? Do you have any other 6" figures or even a ruler to put him next to?

>>6382434
The face looks like an late-50's chris pratt, it's honestly freaking me out a little.
>>
>>6382435
>Perhaps, albeit rather specific, the Super action statue IBM figure
That's so funny you ask, I took all these pics yesterday and I'm at work now, but I did indeed do some comparisons with IBM.

>>6382435
>How is the overall build Quality-wise?
It feels pretty premium, the figure has stiff, secure tight joints that hold a pose and really nice paint application. The cloth goods are fantastic on such a small figure, and you get a lot of them.
>>
Oh I should mention that's SAS IBM, Revoltech Spidey and SH Figuarts Rogue One Stormtrooper for scale comparison. I'm in the middle of moving and all my Marvel Legends are packed up at the moment.
>>
I think these figures would work extremely well in a Figuarts display. He's basically the height of a Stormtrooper with his helmet off.

They're gonna be a little puny next to buffed out 6 inch Legends
>>
Cat comparison for scale
>>
The accessories are very nice, cleanly molded and beautifully painted. I love that he comes with weapons to share, I think it really adds to the value.
>>
File: frank-anonymous.png (687KB, 553x610px) Image search: [Google]
frank-anonymous.png
687KB, 553x610px
Guy who made the thread before the guy that posted in this thread that he made a thread made his thread, here.

I'm glad to see that despite being small you think he's pretty quality. The main thing I was worried about was that they had shittier versions of 3A bodies. I figured he'd be bigger but I already knew from D. Amazing's review that he was kind of small compared to The Punisher (who he's going to fight a lot if I buy him). Thanks.
>>
Doing a figure like this in this scale is really cool, but this looks so damn bland. What's it supposed to be? A movie character? An actor? Even stripped of any media tie-in, its just a bland looking character.
>>
I know the term "Mini Hot Toys" has been thrown around a lot lately, but I think this figure embodies that notion well, not only in the quality of sculpt, paint, cloth goods and accessories, but also in the somewhat steep price (for a 1/12 scale figure)
>>
>>6382416
What are these promotions? I'd pay $60-ish for one of these, but not the 80+ that BBTS would set me back.
>>
>>6382469
Yeah I will probably pit him against my Mezco Punisher sometime. Frank will be a big guy (for Ranger) but I think it'll work. I only have 1/6th 3A so I can't give you any comparison.

>>6382478
>bland
Ranger is definitely understated, yeah. But he would work well as a generic thug, I feel. Just hide that smiling face.
>>
>>6382483
Ebay will have $15 off $75 and 10x eBay bucks promos, so wait and buy when they're active.
>>
Extra hands.

He comes with his gun-holding hands equipped and I have to say the one and only trigger hand he has does not really hold the guns well. I might heat up the hand and try to squeeze it tighter
>>
>>6382486
What's he look like without that horrible jacket?
Is the shirt also bulky as fuck?
>>
>>6382493
I actually really like his outer gray jacket, it fits really well for 1/12 cloth goods. Perhaps it just looks better in person.

I didn't take it off, but there's a black long sleeve hoodie underneath, which means you can share the gray jacket and hooded cape with other figures.
>>
>>6382445
I bought him to be a sort of standin for an Ajin character on my display so I'm pretty happy he looks good next to them. Looks like he'll fit alright with the legends/mezco considering he's a regular dude with guns and not a yolked out superhero. Thanks for posting!
>>
Overall I really like this guy. The paint and cloth goods really exceeded my expectations. Articulation is good but hindered a little with the jacket on.The extra weapons and clothes make this a good value as you can outfit other figures with these accessories.
$60 is about the maximum I would pay though, but it's definitely worth it. I'll be picking up the rest of these figures and if they ever go on sale I may try to make a little squad.
>>
>>6382504
>1/12 scale
>long sleeve hoodie under long sleeve jacket

If my experience with 1/12 3A figures is any indication, putting those back over each other is going to be a bitch
>>
My figure arrived yesterday. He's pretty nice overall, but I have 1 major complaint. The ankles are swivels. You get no tilt or pivot in them at all due to basically being pegs that go into the boot. Otherwise the guns are well done, the clothes are pretty good (The grey jacket even zips up, that blew my mind) the pants have actual pockets in them, though I am not sure you can fit anything in them, and the sculpt is nice. The gun holding hands aren't the best, but they hold the guns alright. He is a bit on the small side. Compared to Mezco Captain america and punisher he seems like he's maybe a regular, non-superhero guy. I'd say he could be like 5'9-5'11. Overall I am pretty happy with the figure despite some flaws.

I grabbed him from BBTS for like 75 bucks, but the small cost increase from the OP in this thread was worth it to me due to BBTS having pretty nice customer service in case anything went wrong.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.