[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sentinel Iron Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: FIG-KAI-8365_05.jpg (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-8365_05.jpg
92KB, 800x800px
Are these figs worth it? I'm a big IM fan, but I have no interest in MCU figs, so I've skipped on the HT & Figma stuff. But these are comic-based and look pretty darn great.

They're a bit too pricey though, so I'm wondering what's the verdict.
>>
>>6378444
Have you considered the Figuarts?
>>
>>6378456
Well, like I said, I'm not into the movie designs, which is why this line caught my eye.
>>
File: IM2 Hammer dron.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IM2 Hammer dron.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
Try Mezco's, since it'll be more in scale with 6" figures than those skinny IM figures are.
Also, Sentinel uses diecast, so beware paint flaking.
>>
>>6378467
Mezco's is a glorified Marvel Legends figure though. The joints look horrible and nowhere near as mobile as Sentinel's.
>>
>>6378444
Not really. The Re:edit have really weird proportions and poseability issue, especially with the feet (you COULD pose them but you'd have to pose the feet in really strange ways to achieve certain poses like the Iron Man one). The Armorize looks really nice but suffers from even more limited poseability (limited by the engineering and the fact you'll wear some parts by doing some poses). If you don't really want to pose it, I guess it's alright.
>>
File: iron man one_12.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
iron man one_12.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>6378469
What's horrible about these joints?

They stand out less than the Sentinel's and even use matching colors.
>>
>>6378467
Eh, I didn't like the Mezco fig from the shot's, like >>6378469 said.
>>6378471
That so? Shame, the Shape-Changing/ANAD armor looked cool in the reviews.
>>
>>6378473
Dunno, to me it looks kinda cheap in a way. Maybe it's the "modernized classic" look they've got going on.
>>
>>6378471
What the fuck are you talking about? The feet are among the best parts of the Re:Edit figures, they use a really smart double ball joint system for the ankle that nobody else has caught up to yet that gives them crazy range in all directions, and they're usually solid metal on the soles for added weight and stability.

>>6378473
That's literally a Toy Biz Marvel Legends figure, except they'll want upwards of $80 for it. The shoulder articulation in particular looks like ass, no room for a nice-looking or functional butterfly joint in there. At least they photoshopped out the joint pins, I guess...
>>
File: Iron Man Sentinel vs ML.jpg (115KB, 713x800px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man Sentinel vs ML.jpg
115KB, 713x800px
>>6378475
>dunno
>looks cheap
>suddenly about the design they're using
So basically, you're just being vague now because your original point was wrong because they're not using Hasbro-type joints?

BTW, did i mention that Sentinel's stuff are basically Marvel Select scale?
>>
>>6378485
You realise Mezco are touting that the torso and other parts of their Iron Man will be diecast too?

Also I've never had paint scraping issues with the metal parts of any Sentinel figure except the original Armorize release. It's actually the plastic I worry about more.

So I take it you once again don't actually own any of the figures you're sperging out about?
>>
The Re:Edit figures are really fucking nice. I like their aesthetic and they're really well engineered. No paint issues, no QC issues, no joint issued. I own the Re:Edit war machine and he's one of my favorite figures.
>>
>>6378599
Best comic styled iron Man figures out there. They're super posable and look great, just pick your favorite and get it. Also get him a war machine so he can have a pal to play with.
>>
>>6378444
The one in your pic is the only good stn one. All the others feel cheap and pose awkwardly. Don't expect figuarts tier articulation though.
>>
>>6378444
what scale is this?
>>
>>6378707
This one is slightly smaller than the others and will scale with Marvel Legends. The others are slightly too large and scale better with Marvel Select figures.
>>
>>6378444
I liked the design of some of these but they're too big (t. scalefag)

How do the comicave iron men scale?
>>
>>6378796
Comicave ones fit quite well. Some proportion issues though imho. The igor is nice.

I have stopped getting sentinel ims simply because they have jacked up the price to hell- you- trying- to- send- me- to- the- poor- house- you- greedy- fucks?! Their Hulkbuster is a must get though
>>
File: IMG_0804.jpg (268KB, 1144x1096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0804.jpg
268KB, 1144x1096px
>>6378578
>>
>>6379891
They just trolling you, anon. The pose looks just fine.
>>
>>6379891
>>6380386
>exact same pose
>this
Wew. The second one looks cool though.
>>
>>6381499
I know right. They improved on their engineering abit. But not enough to make my wallet cry goddamnyousentinel!
>>
They're definitely overpriced. But god damn they're beautiful. I'm one of the few /toy/ soldiers who actually likes sentinel's bat shit crazy redesigns.
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (195KB, 1139x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
195KB, 1139x1536px
>>6380616
If you don't like die cast, that's fine. I like die cast, so that's fine too. Let's leave things at that and live on.
>>
>>6381569
agreed. They're off the hook awesome.
>>
>>6378444
They're worth it on a sale. Watch some reviews first. Most of the line turns me off due to PAK knees.
>>
Alright, y'all sold me on a Sentinel Iron Man figure, which one is the best quality wise? The only requirement is that I need a red/gold one, and it can't be the Hulkbuster
>>
>>6381641
The OP is the only good one.
>>
>>6381641
Wait for the house of M one.
>>
>>6381641
Extremis. Engineering isn't as flashy as on the Bleeding Edge or its retools (Shape-Changing, New Century), or the Black X Gold/Red X Gold, figures but it's just solid all-around.

As much as I like it I can't recommend the Red X Gold con exclusive over it. The QC isn't as good as on the standard black release, and that's an issue reported across the board. Basically, avoid Sentinel's con exclusives.
>>
>>6378524
The Sentinel Bleeding Edge figure has no diecast components.
>>
>>6381600
I don't think they're that bad. They have a nice continuous curve unlike PAK knees and they have a fallaway calf the upper leg tucks into.
>>
>>6382176
>This is straight up false

Your subjective opinions do not equal facts.
>>
>>6378473
Fuck i love
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.