[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neon Genesis Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_7395.jpg (1019KB, 3281x2401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7395.jpg
1019KB, 3281x2401px
Any new Eva stuff lately?
>>
>>6373080
Is that Bandai cityscape set decent or ass? I keep seeing mixed feelings about it
>>
File: IMG_5785.jpg (1MB, 3533x2644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5785.jpg
1MB, 3533x2644px
>>6373083
I love it. I waited ages for them to make sets like these. I have the regular and the damaged one and they're both cool. My only complaint is that there isn't more sets with a wider variety of buildings!
>>
>>6373080
Kotobukiya's TV model kits. Eva 01 is decent apparently, though not perfectly accurate. Not that the TV show was super consistent anyway. 02 is coming out this month IIRC.
>>
>>6373145
I will definitely check these out as I was just watching EoE and remembering that the original Eva designs are actually just as good if not better than the more recent
>>
>>6373367
EoE was different from TV, which was different from the original concept and lineart. The TV version ended up being super masculine and superheroic in proportions because the animation team kept drawing it off model. The original design was a little bit more "human" and EoE shifted the TV designs back towards the original design.

The new Koto TV models seem to be the TV version but thicker in some places.
>>
>>6373375
01 also seems to be sold out everywhere. It looks dope af but I think I read that it's 7.5 inches which is a bit taller than ideal imo
>>
Didn't bandai show off a new RD 01 based off of the tv design last year? I'm perfectly happy with the movie versions but I'd love it if we eventually got MP evas out of them.
>>
I just want Sachiel so bad
>>
>>6373435
That was the kotobukiya kit. But yeah, I'd kill for a RD MP EVa and EOE version Unit 02. One of the coolest fights in anime but all we've got for it are decade old Revoltechs.
>>
>>6373465
Ah, that sucks, the kits are nice but also out of scale with everything else I have. I'd really take any update to the MP though. the revoltechs have aged pretty well, but they're still products of their time.
>>
>>6373425
You can get it from amazon from japanese sellers. And yea, seems it's sold out everywhere but Japan.
>>
Desperately scouring the internet for any Eva content ive missed I noticed that Anno said the next movie is the very last chapter of Eva. If you don't want to make any more, I get it but what I don't understand is how one last movie could possibly fill in all the holes and mysteries in this story. It can't, there's no way.
Leaving things to mystery is one thing but unfilled plot holes are another. There is so much lore to this universe that will forever go unexplained.

>Toy related because lack of new Eva content means lack of Eva toys.
This franchise will never get some of the toys it needs / deserves
>>
>>6377149
Four movies was always the plan since the conception of Rebuild, dipshit. It's not about "not wanting to make any more movies".
>>
>>6377156
Ok now I'm a dipshit lol

Ya 4 movies was the plan but the point is the fact that they're now saying that's the finale of the franchise for good
>>
>>6377238
Nah, in 20yrs or so we'll get another reboot with all the 'new cutting-edge animation' of the 2030's/2040's and more mysteries and plot holes compounding the previous ones (albeit some will get answered). Maybe they'll do a live-action of the TV version with technology and cultural references based on the real world from 2000-2015.
>>
>>6377238
Anno had said he wants Evangelion to be like Gundam. When he's done, someone else can come along and tell their own story.

Don't see that happening myself, but don't think because the franchise is over that means no toys. We contined to get some stuff between EoE and ReBuild, and have gotten stuff between the increasingly long gaps between ReBuild. Eva is a pop culture thing, well always get merch.
>>
>>6377238
Evangelion was never expected to be anything beyond the original series. It's only due to popularity that we got the Rebuild movies. It was never intended to keep getting content pumped out for it to begin with so your shock at how it's all going to be done after the fourth movie is weird to me.
>>
>>6377471
>Eva is a pop culture thing, well always get merch.
Eva is weirdly becoming almost a Japanese culture thing. Hardly anyone has actually seen the show nowadays but it's so ever present everyone knows what it is when they see it.
>>
>>6378079
>weirdly becoming

It already is and has been for several years. Every konbini you go to will have merchandise tie-ins at the front counter and you'll see statues of the characters by clothing store entrances.
>>
>>6378079
>Hardly anyone has actually seen the show nowadays but it's so ever present everyone knows what it is when they see it.
So, like Star Wars then.
>>
>>6373080
i think i saw some Gachas with the NeoTokyo buildings on Rakuten, dunno about the scale, but i would assume they were small
>>
Are there not-too-big articulated figures of Sachiel, Zeruel and the Twins?
>>
File: sachiel.jpg (150KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sachiel.jpg
150KB, 664x1000px
>>6373456
Same.

Also, TV, EOE and 3.0.

Why didn't they make RD for 3.0?
>>
>>6378165
What I hate about this is how even if they do release these, their sloth in doing so will cost us. Had it been released at the time it was shown we would only have had to pay maybe ¥6000. Now it would be ¥10k+
>>
I need them to re-issue RD Eva 01 because I have 02 and it's awesome.

Would be nice too if they did the classic Eva designs as RDs. I have the Koto kits but still want them to be along the RD sizes.
>>
File: Co1Ad0YVUAAwu2T.jpg (182KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Co1Ad0YVUAAwu2T.jpg
182KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>6378165
Jesus Christ why the fuck did this figure not get released. What a crime. We're getting those stupid as fuck Ultraman, can we please have this too bandai. I'd suck dick for this figure
>>
File: IMG_7508.jpg (100KB, 1043x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7508.jpg
100KB, 1043x555px
>>
>>6383619
Dope. More?
>>
Anyone know if the perfect grade models require painting?
>>
>>6383619
What line is this ? Is it even an authorized thing or some bootleg/custom ?
>>
File: IMG_7516.jpg (470KB, 3123x1043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7516.jpg
470KB, 3123x1043px
>>6385642
It's two Revoltechs put together
>>
File: Copy of DSCN0616.jpg (102KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSCN0616.jpg
102KB, 600x800px
Found this going through some old photos.
>>
is the TV version of EVA 01 a fun build?
>>
File: 148740.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
148740.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>6378137
There's the Ultimate Action ones which are almost 5 inches tall. They're alright
https://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?overall=ultimate+action++evangelion
Not much more choices in angels sadly
>>
>>6386481
which brand senpai
be more specific
>>
https://hlj.com/product/BAN58680
despite having so many unit 01 toys already, this is unusually tempting. I wish I knew how to paint.

>>6386481
not really, but the end result is nice.
>>
File: IMG_7557.jpg (289KB, 1840x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7557.jpg
289KB, 1840x870px
>>
>>6386481
You mean Koto's recent one, right? I thought it was fun. It's your best option for a TV Eva 01 with modern engineering and articulation.

>>6386884
I'd skip it bro, I hear the PG is kind of a bitch and has many problems.

>>6373080
Where did you get the building that opens up with the pallet rifle inside?
>>
File: IMG_7571.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7571.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>6388728
HCM Pro Unit 01

Piece of shit figure with rubber/wire elbows that crumbled to pieces on me but he came with a ton of great accessories including the pallet rifle delivery building and the AT field in the pic two post above this.

The figure has great articulation, a articulated jaw, and removable entry plug..a damn shame about the elbows oh and it's only 5" tall
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.