[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to make it work, damnit!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Cold.jpg (172KB, 593x609px) Image search: [Google]
Cold.jpg
172KB, 593x609px
Figures that everyone said weren't very good, or just plain bad, but you got them anyway. And you're determined to like them. For whatever reason

For me it's Captain Cold and Heat Wave from DC Collectibles. They're probably my favorite characters from the CW show, and they're really my only options for collectibles. Their sculpts are decent, but their articulation is...well , shit. Still, I'm determined to like them in spite of these things, because they look awesome standing together

Those, and pretty much EVERY NINJA TURTLE TOY Playmates release nowadays
>>
File: IMG_24581.jpg (92KB, 854x569px)
IMG_24581.jpg
92KB, 854x569px
>>6370815
>CW Captain Cold and Heat Wave
They're actually not that bad. If anything I feel like it's the paint that brings them down. Beyond that, Cold's hoodie could have been shaped better.

I just ended up customizing mine with the hood pulled back since I prefer that look.
>>
>>6370815
I'm glad I got out of capeshit tv shows before I added all those flash/arrow/gotham figures to my order list.
>>
>>6371058
How did you do that? Did you glue it down or something?
>>
File: B61.jpg (43KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
B61.jpg
43KB, 537x800px
>>6371377

I really enjoy the DC shows, but the figures are all so bad, they're an easy pass.

And they never made the ONE character I'd buy regardless of fugly level.
>>
>>6370815
Why does Captain Cold even exist in the same universe as the far superior Mr. Freeze? Also the CW shows are terrible and you should feel bad for watching that garbage.
>>
>>6371058
I watch Flash and Arruw on a weekly basis, like the capeshit fag that I am. But I'm not wasting my money on those ASS looking figures
>>
>>6371916
Why would batman exist in the same universe with the far superior Superman?

Captain Cold isn't supposed to be Freeze or the other way around, they just have similar gimmicks. Like every other DC ice themed character.
>>
>>6371977
>far superior Superman

Kek. Batman is completely different than Superman and is a much better character.
>>
>>6370815
>Had a few chances to get this guy
>Either didn't have the money or time
>Now he's not in the store or anywhere around me
I need more Flash villains, damn it.
>>
He looks like shit. I'm hoping his Injustice 2 incarnation gets a figure someday.
>>
>>6372073
the only good CW figures we got were Reverse Flash and Zoom IMO
everything else has been "meh"
>>
>>6371511
Not him, but it looks like he used heat to the point of nearly melting the plastic to that position.
>>
>>6371993
You glanced off the point I was making. Now apply that logic to cold and freeze.
>>
>>6371058
>still using swivels for everything
Why does DC fail so terribly at making figures? They cancelled their first good line after just doing the fucking Crime Syndicate and Icons is already in life support.

I've seen people saying there are a lot of good Batman figures out there and all of them have garbage engineering are tiny or are tacticool PAK-tier shit designs.
I'd be fine with at least one good Year One Batman but no, DC has to make great sculpts and then slice them like savages to add their idea of articulation.
>>
>>6371511
>>6372209
Heated it with hair dryer then shaved some of the excess soft plastic so it can easily bend backwards and have a less stiffer frame. Then I just put a lot of superglue on the back so the hood would stay flush on the figure's back. I trimmed/shaved off some of the fluffy edges of the hood so the overall volume of it looks closer to how it was on the show.
>>
>>6372277
>Only the thigh swivel are swivels, thus everything else is too
Sure is retarded troll.

Everything is on a ball joint or ball-hinge.
>>
>>6371816
The Deathstroke figure is somewhat decent. His shoulder joints aren't great, but overall his articulation is diverse.
>>
>>6372666
Hinges, swivels, ball hinges, it doesn't matter. Several other toylines have solved the sculpt cut question, even the party of mediocrity that is Marvel Legends, and all of them got to avoid the Captain Falcon Amiibo look of anything DCC has ever shit out because of it.
If they can do balljoints, why does every single DC figure looks like oversized Kenner Star Wars figures? Why can't they fix that? Are they retarded or something?
>>
>>6370815
Titans Return Broadside.
Find him for a good price, even though I was looking for Kup or Topspin (who are apparently impossible to find). I was young and optimistic, believing I could make it work, I could come up with a fan mode, I could learn to love.
Alas no. This figure is just the worst.
>>
>>6372716

The American figure industry is fairly retarded and sticks to 'tried n true' aka obsolete methods of figure making. Including in this case making fully static figures and then cutting joints into them.

Sad to say, but Hasbro's at the forefront of figure articulation these days, and even their stuff is retarded compared to a figma from 10 years ago.
>>
>>6373050
honestly? I think it all depends on how much articulation a certain figure needs.

Sure, the Captain Cold one could use a bit better articulation but he doesn't need as much articulation as a Revoltech Spider-Man (which by the way, Spider-Man is a character that should ALWAYS have ridiculous amounts of articulation)

But honestly, Captain Cold and Heatwave aren't exactly gymnasts. You don't really need too much articulation to pose them in a way that would match their characters from the show.

Like I said, they still could have done a bit better, but I've made it work. I think mine look good posed together
>>
File: Grail DCC Darkseid.jpg (140KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Grail DCC Darkseid.jpg
140KB, 2048x1365px
>>6372716
>I'm not retarded or trolling, now watch me backpedal!
I also like how you proved the point on why DCC uses the articulation that they use. You thought that the joints were so minimally intrusive that they were cut and that's the point.

You can tell at a glance that any line that you're talking about has more intrusive joints, and are sculpted in such a way that gives them better range. DCC has purposely done the opposite and even showed diagrams as to which lines you should buy if you want them to be more poseable.

> why does every single DC figure looks like oversized Kenner Star Wars figures?
Probably because you're thinking of Mattel's cheaposhit.
DCC's stuff is above NECA and Mezco's stuff and right around McFarlane's best.
DCC's most poseable toys are around Figuarts levels, but you really don't see that, because most western collectors aren't into retarded LOLSORANDUM XD posing.
>>
>>6373212
>those thighs
>those shitty knee joints
>dem elbows
>datdemdos shitty shoulders
>dat paint
>big BIG BIG BBIIGG bad toy store dot com belooooooowwww
It's nice that they put the torso swivel as a balljointed diafragm joint and the waist joint is a crunch but everything below and above the torso is hasbro legends-tier.
I'm not even asking for extreme articulation, and you could've at least posted their BvS Superman which is closer to a modern articulated figure, but I don't think I'm asking too much of their PREMIUM fucking LINE to have butterfly joints when marvelshit has them or those up-and-down hips figuarts use when 5 dollar kits made for literal children use them all the time.

>Probably because you're thinking of Mattel's cheaposhit.
I'm not. DC Icons has been unacceptable by pretty much any standard unless you're a bottom feeding DC shill with no standards to speak of.
It took them what? five waves to start putting thigh swivels when everyone else was doing it; and then they put them in the middle of the thighs like retards instead of trying to hide them like, again, even Marvel Legends did.

>DCC's stuff is above NECA and Mezco's stuff and right around McFarlane's best.
>NECA

>DCC's most poseable toys are around Figuarts levels, but you really don't see that, because most western collectors aren't into retarded LOLSORANDUM XD posing.
Is expecting your batman figure to be able to crouch properly LOLSORANDUM XD posing?
Sure, I guess, cool, but only one of them can use any of that figurats articulation and the others all look like a kid on an oversized winter coat because of le mezco meemee.
>>
>>6373434
I didn't even have to read past your green text to tell you are stupid and/or trolling
>>
File: bike circling backwards.gif (797KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bike circling backwards.gif
797KB, 320x240px
>>6373434
>still trying to talk trash about toys you haven't a clue about
You're a great backpedaling champion and there's no way i can seriously respond to you, especially when you say that they're ML tier and keep trying to claim that they're totally like SW Kenner figures.
>>
File: file.png (305KB, 500x500px)
file.png
305KB, 500x500px
Despite being told that Mafex is shit, I got their Kylo Ren and it turned out really well.

Considering getting their Vader now. I have the Figuarts one but it's a midget.
>>
>>6380749
I would wait for the rogue one Darth Vader release since it has a more accurate helmet.
>>
>>6380749
Kylo Ren becomes way better when you give him the black series robe.
>>
>>6380760
I didn't even know they were making one but that's probably a good move.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.