[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storm Collectibles Bison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 26

So, I got Bison today and while he LOOKS incredible, he has some pretty serious design flaws.
>>
>>6367987
The bigges issue is that the shoulder joints are VERY poorly designed. As soon as I took im out of the box, I noticed the arms popped off kind of easily. Upon closer inspection, I noticed both joints were cracked.
>>
>>6367989
I have idea what they were thinking making the plastic so thin here.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
Yesssss!
Yessssss!
Yessssss!
>>
>>6367991
Also, the skirt is VERY soft rubber and was starting to rip right out of the box.
>>
Here is a size comparison for anyone interested.

Mezco Cap and Figuarts Ryu.
>>
>>6368002
It seems like this a case of a beautiful figure being ruined by shitty engineering. Im tempted to get a replace instead of just a refund, but I have time believing that this isn't an issue inherent to the design.

Anyways, maybe thing twice about picking this guy up.
>>
That's really unfortunate.

Their Ryu was real lackluster as well. I didn't have a problem with the rubber neck but I felt like it felt hindered due to it.

I ended up returning that figure at my local TRU and I'll just stick to my guns to the figuarts.
>>
Hmm, that's pretty troubling. I think the SHF's look like complete shit so I stayed away from those, and now the QC might be awful on the SC's? Fuck, you just can't catch a break when it comes to Street Fighter, I guess. SC's Scorpion is an absolute god tier masterpiece of toy craftsmanship, wish they kept that standard.

Hopefully Zangief will be trouble-free. It -looks- like an amazing figure.
>>
File: teacher.jpg (594KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
teacher.jpg
594KB, 1224x1632px
I got my first SC guy because 2p Ryu was the same price as the SHF on BBTS and I think the 2p color scheme is great.

When I opened him I kind of couldn't believe the SHF is the same price since the SC's paint is so well done, but then I remembered that the SHF is like twice as poseable. Collecting both lines seems viable right now just having SHF Chun and Ryu and SC Ryu, but if that problem with OP's Dictator is widespread maybe SC isn't up to it. Their Ryu seems really phenomenal anyway though and I don't agree with >>6368037 that the neck is a problem. If nothing else SC Ryu is beautiful in hand.
>>
>>6368047

The SHF's are actually pretty good. The only part thats a bit "eh" is some of Ryu's alternate faces, mostly his yelling one, which looks adorably fucking retarded.
>>
>>6368073
The instructions even tell you not to fuck around with the neck which is a terrible design choice.

Its a great piece but there are many problems like the face plate integration is ass and sticks out too much.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-153632.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-153632.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Looks like the shoulder thing is wide spread. So disappointed, I really wanted to like this figure.
>>
>>6368108

Officially glad I avoided this line now in favor of the SHF's. Rubber is a shit material on the same scale as diecast or chrome in terms of being easily ruined, and now Bison's got terrible engineering atop that.
>>
>>6367997
That "shading" is horrible. It looks like a custom paint job. I was hoping he would look super cool. I am disappointed.
>>
This figure was the deciding factor if I was getting into this line or not. Thanks OP. Looks like Bandai needs to make Bison/Shadaloo now.
>>
Well that's a damn shame. Bison and Zangief both looked amazing, and I was really looking forward to a giantess Chun Li.
Maybe the line will tank and we can at least snag the figures for cheap. Sorry OP. That's rotten luck man.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497130782360.jpg (60KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497130782360.jpg
60KB, 1440x1080px
Another person with a busted shoulder.
>>
I put in cancellation requests for Ryu and Bison an hour ago. Like I said in >>6368047 I think SHF looks like shit so now I have zero SF to look forward to.
>>
>>6367987
>buy Bison
>receive Vega
Fucking BBTS
>>
>>6368278
>bought Vega
>got Bison
>>
>>6368002
Jesus, he's like 1/10 scale. What the hell?
>>
>>6368421
It's 1/12, Bison's just a big guy.
>>
>>6368421
Figuarts are always just a little smallish, and SC are a little on the bigger side of 1/12.
>>
>>6368002
Does that bottle have piss in it?
>>
>>6368047
>ignoring the best Chun Li that we will get for a long time
You must be one of the ItAin'tAccurateToShitFighterVSoIt'sShit fags
Though their Ryu is pretty shitty and Cammy isn't looking too hot
>>
>>6368446
1. Calm down, take a breather, don't get into a huffy puffy autist tantrum just because I think SHF looks like shit

2. I'm not going to invest into a line just because of one Chun-Li figure (with a boring as fuck generic anime face that doesn't interest me in the least) when everything else visually was underwhelming

3. You are a massive faggot for having such a huffy puffy autist tantrum just because I think SHF looks like shit
>>
>>6368459
You sound more autistic than that guy. Not too much more, mind you.
>>
>>6368459
>numbering your post
>calling anything autistic

Holy shit. Your post is as bad as SC's QA.
>>
>>6368570
It's not that autistic and here's a numbered and annotated list why...
>>
>>6368568
>>6368570
>>6368577
>samefags while calling others autistic
Oh boy, this thread is going to get ugly.
>>
File: autism embodied.jpg (81KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
autism embodied.jpg
81KB, 720x540px
>>6368578
it's okay, we'll be patient with you
>>
>>6368446
>ItAin'tAccurateToShitFighterVSoIt'sShit
>not looking like it should is not a legitimate complaint
Fanboys have the worst standards

Why can't you just say "Everything that isn't muh brand is shit" and be done with it?
You're not fooling anyone when you're making shit up just to dismiss actual criticism. It's very obvious why you do this shit.
>>
>>6367989
>>6368073
>>6368107
>>6368108
Man, if only some people knew how to handle collectible figures carefully instead of hamfisting them right out of the box. As long as if you handle the figure like an adult, you won't break it. It's simple.
I personally love the quality of the SC figures. The SHF ones are in-scale with other lines and are better for easy pose-ability, but man they look cheap as shit with the one-tone colors and simple anime-style faces even though they have the same price tag as the SC's.
Basically if you want more of a display piece, get SC, and if you want an in-scale cheaper-looking action figure, get SHF.
>>
>>6368697
>it's never a cumpenny's fault

how much did they pay you to defend them?
>>
>>6368697
Storm Collectibles Rep plz go
>>
>>6368424
He's supposed to be like 5'10", just built like a truck
>>
File: tom hardy.jpg (641KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tom hardy.jpg
641KB, 2560x1600px
>>6368424
Didn't you get the memo? 5'9 is the new big guy.
>>
>>6367991
Hi, I follow you on IG
>>
>>6368706
He's not drawn that way though.

I guess you can pretend that the SF world, everyone in the games are manlets, even Dhalsim, and that the Marvel universe, the measurements for feet and inches are smaller than the SF's feet and inches.
>>
>>6368706
he's 182 cm in SFV, so that's like 5'11½"
>>
>>6367987
Not gonna lie, that looks like a huge step down in quality from their various Ryu releases.
>>
>>6368002
Wow, he's really a big guy.
>>
>>6367991
>>6368108
>>6368256
>first Ryu AnthonyCustoms got had a broken knee out of the box
>D Amazing's Bison had white stressed plastic on the hip out of the box and his shoulders popped out super easy meaning his shoulder was probably cracked too
>all these other reports of cracked stuff
Very disappointing.
>>6367997
Not surprised the skirt is tearing. It looked way too damn soft in the D Amazing review. Terrible design choice that will age just as poorly as the stupid rubber necks.
>>6368002
That scale is so fucked.

I wanted to like this line so much but they just fucked up at EVERY turn it seems like. Bison was their last chance to impress me and it's even worse than Ryu. I was willing to look past the dumb use of rubber and it's hindering of articulation plus long term durability issues. I was willing to look past the retarded scale that was advertised as 1/12 but is more like 1/10. I was willing to look past the messy washes which I am generally not a fan of on anything that isn't a monster or armored character. I was even willing to look past some of the early QC issues people had with Ryu breaking on them assuming it was a fluke. Now we have blatantly poor engineering on top of all that? I am done. I am so fucking done. I'll stick with SHF even if they aren't perfect either. At least they won't break on me.
>>
>>6368823
>He's not drawn that way though.

The sprite comparisons are not the best thing to do, because they were all just ripped from different games (mostly Alpha's for the SF ones) in MVC1 and 2. Also superhero heights in fiction are usually exaggerated on purpose, go look up how they do hero heights in comics, they're purposefully made bigger than they should be to make them more heroic looking.

tl;dr Actual sizing in bio's isn't followed when drawing shit and in game sprites. It probably isn't even followed with the 3D models either. If you lined them up by actual sizes listed in bio's people would look very different from their comic/game representations.
>>
so the sota figure is still his best rendition?
>tfw i will never have a bison/vega with crossed arms that doesn't desintegrates on my hands
fuck
>>
>>6368003
Thanks for the review Rob. I've been really wanting this figure but now I'm not so sure.
>>
Welp, SHF it is.
>>
I'll stick with SC, SHF just looks low quality compared to SC especially when they go for the same price.
I have SC Ryu and it's everything I expected and more, the fully sculpted upper body was a great touch too.
I skipped getting Bison because it looked like his skirt limited leg pose-ability and I guess from what I understand is that it's more fragile than usual?

For Bison I understand, but seriously for people to be complaining about Ryu's "long-term durability issues"? Literally the only thing that's rubber is the neck, a tiny part of the figure and as long as if you handle the figure like an actual adult collectible instead of a $12 action figure then you'll be fine.

>>6369127
Show me examples of people who broke their Ryu. I've never seen any since his release. Do you even own any SC figures? Sounds like you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>expensive items
>less durable than cheap items

This shit needs to stop, just fucking stop. A toy that costs this much or more should not be brittle as a cracker if a fucking dollar store toy can take the strain of moving a damn limb.

>but it's a collectible!

But the company got cheap and used budget materials to make a piece they sold at a premium.
>>
>>6369085
For you.
>>
>>6369414
>But the company got cheap and used budget materials to make a piece they sold at a premium.

and people fall for it every single time

at the end of the day this shit is still put together by monkeys in a factory in china
>>
File: received_10105656606397263.jpg (175KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_10105656606397263.jpg
175KB, 2048x1536px
>>6369380
>Show me examples of people who broke their Ryu.
Friend of mine just sent me pics of his ryus cracked ankles.
>>
File: sfa2charlie1.gif (21KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
sfa2charlie1.gif
21KB, 384x224px
>>6369146
So basically you want to
>pretend that the SF world, everyone in the games are manlets, even Dhalsim, and that the Marvel universe, the measurements for feet and inches are smaller than the SF's feet and inches.

BTW, here's Charlie (6'1") vs Bison (5'11") from the same game.
So even if you account for Charlie hunching over a little and Bison floating in the air, they're going to be equal height, if not Bison being taller still.

Stats are nothing but lies.
>>
>>6369925
This is like an elementary-level mistake in use of materials and tolerance. I feel like I'm back in the early 2000's again.
>>
>>6367989
>>6367991
>>6367997
>>6368108
>>6368256
>>6369925

God damn these are all depressing. I never planned on buying them but I really admired how they look whenever I saw them on display at stores.
>>
>>6369959
Maybe if the art style had stayed at the realistic level of SF2, instead of pumping everyone up like a damn balloon as Capcom's done since the Alpha series... Bison there looks like he came out of a Nickelodeon cartoon.
>>
>>6369976
>>6370080
This is the only time I see people complaining about Ryu's QC and the figure is sturdy in my hands. Also I haven't seen any youtube video reviews complaining about how fragile the figure is.
You sure your friend didn't hamfist it?
>>
When the FUCK are we going to get SFV Juri?
Seriously, what the fuck is taking so long!?
>>
Do any Canadian anons know if Ryu and Bison will show up at Toys R Us?
>>
File: GUL_6777.jpg (447KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_6777.jpg
447KB, 1000x700px
>>
>>6370538
I doubt it, but even if we did it'd be like $124.99 in moose bucks.
>>
Well, shit. Mine just shipped to me. I still think it looks great.
>>
>>6372192
I'm about to buy one as well because it looks rad as fuck, at least when it has arms. Good luck not getting a shitty one.
>>
If I manage to get a Dictator that doesn't have trash shoulder connector joints right out of the box, would taking the arms off and blasting the joints with a hair dryer for a sec before putting them back on help?

I know you can do this to take stress marks out of plastic, but I don't know if it actually makes it less brittle.
>>
>>6370507
Anthony customs literally touched the leg and it fell off
>>
>>6372395
Link?
>>
>>6372437
https://youtu.be/bn-i1PAK4ZI
Like the 15 minute mark
>>
>>
>>6372528
Looks good!
Okay from what I understand from this thread is that the Storm Collectibles line is more fragile than other toylines (like SHF)?
I really like the overall sculpt and paint work more than the SHFs so far, so I think I'm going to go for the SC figures.
>>
>>6372532
They feel like a cross between neca and mcfarlene figures

My ryu had a cracked ankle cup out of the box. It hasn't affected the figure in any way so I'm really not upset.
>>
>>6372532
yea seems like so far only Bison has been the dud. Scorpion, subzero, and Ryu are all amazing
>>
>>6372528
She looks like she really needs a good nights sleep.
>>
>>6372528
So anime style face or a tranny who just pulled off a 15 hour shift.
>>
>>6372528
>Man-Li

I guess storm isn't good yet in sculpting female figures since this is thee first one.
>>
>>6372528
Come on, Storm Collectibles. This Chun-Li is supposed to be the one from SFV, not MvCI.
>>
>>6372528
I like how my SHF looks better. The softer face compliments her better imo.
>>
I thought the mortal kombat figures were said to be perfect so what the hell happened here with the street fighter?
>>
>>6372528
Is it me or is there something... Ladyboy-ish about the face?
>>
While I don't like this figures face, Chunners looks better here than she does in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite at least
>>
Posting best versions of Chun Li and Cammy.
>>
>>6372528
Her face looks very close to how it is in the game. Looks pretty good. Any date for preorder/release?
>>
>>6372794
>Kylie
*__*
>>
File: pxsCQ7A.jpg (181KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pxsCQ7A.jpg
181KB, 1600x900px
>>6372528
Pretty much every aspect of that face looks identical to the SFV model, so consider me impressed.

The low quality of the SC image kind of makes the eyeliner blend into the shadow of her left eye, so it looks weird and sleepy. But the right eye is obviously the one to judge by and it looks stellar.
>>
File: ballrug.png (159KB, 390x400px) Image search: [Google]
ballrug.png
159KB, 390x400px
>>6369959
are you telling me everybody's 3 sizes are mere falsehoods? How am I supposed to live knowing everyones tiddie measurements are meaningless?
>>
File: a3YmAv5_700b.jpg (44KB, 408x720px) Image search: [Google]
a3YmAv5_700b.jpg
44KB, 408x720px
>>6372528
JJJAAAACCCKKKKIIIEEEEEE
>>
File: chun-fuk chun-li.jpg (104KB, 638x374px) Image search: [Google]
chun-fuk chun-li.jpg
104KB, 638x374px
>>6373086
>Pretty much every aspect of that face looks identical to the SFV model, so consider me impressed.

At least you believed? The rest of us no.
>>
>>6370507
Maybe they just didn't notice the problem, they just thought the feet were relatively loose
>>
File: life is hard.jpg (275KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
life is hard.jpg
275KB, 1370x2048px
>You daddy was killed and after a few years ago and you can't revenge him

>49 years old and still single

>all you friends have better lives than you

Be Chun-Li is very hard, this figure is accurate.
>>
>>6373345
actually seeing them side by side, it is a good likeness but the paint is inaccurate.

also along with the SC Ryu, Chun looks more....Italian
>>
>>6372498
Thanks for the link and wow talk about bad luck on qc. I saw that he uploaded a review for the special edition Ryu https://youtu.be/6396MafzXjI?t=146 and he talked about the issues on the line, the plastic used seems to be low quality from what I understand since he said the plastic shows stress marks and cracks. He also said Sub Zero wrist are an issue too. I wonder about the longevity of the figures if not even a year problems already started to manifest.

>>6373345
Looking side by side with the model, the Storm Collectibles looks off. I can't helped but notice that the face looks to me that she is tired for some reason.
>>
>>6373345
Looks pretty good to me, I think the reason why she looks tired is because there's no black eyeliner on her bottom eye lid so it looks like there's bags under her eyes.

I personally really like how this one looks, the SHF has a super generic anime girl face.
>>
>>6373115
>Balrog is nearly fifty years old
God damn.
>>
>>6373345
Ruined by the baggy eyes.
>>
>>6373379
fucking kek
>>
so glad I have the SOTA Bison now.
>>
>>6373628
All the SFII characters are around their 50's or older now. Keep in mind, 3 is the last game in the timeline, with 4 and 5 taking place before it, so they aren't necessarily in the "modern day"(and neither is 3, in all likelihood)
>>
>>6373345
That's spot on, except for the eyes.
Mouth could use better paint too.
>>
>>6373345
The sculpt is accurate but the paint fails to capture her look. The eyebrows lack femininity because they don't taper. The lack of a line for the bottom part of the eye makes her look tired and ugly. The lipstick just isn't done well. Her iris also looks too small.

It's "accurate" in the same way Hasbro Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black are "accurate". Meaning the sculpts are fucking amazing but the paint totally lets it down.
>>
File: separated at birth.jpg (180KB, 948x518px) Image search: [Google]
separated at birth.jpg
180KB, 948x518px
>>6373600
>the SHF has a super generic anime girl face.

Right?

Even Ryu looks exactly like Gokou.
>>
File: 4363457.jpg (40KB, 873x655px) Image search: [Google]
4363457.jpg
40KB, 873x655px
>>6373379
>You daddy was killed and after a few years ago and you can't revenge him

She should stop complaining about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8FC-1vzdrc
>>
>>6373345
Baggy eyes, chin too long, mouth (or lips maybe) look too small and flat, eyes aren't the right shape (upperlid is too flat and makes her look tired), eyebrows are at a horizontally flatter angle and not pointed at the ends, hair bangs/flap is too small.

If you're okay with a poor approximation than you might like it but she looks like a bored cosplayer. In the case of anime and pseudo-anime style characters the personality/attitude is more important than the exact likeness. The figure looks tired, cold, and bored. The in-game portrait looks smug and peppy
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.