[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who 3.75/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (12KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 300x240px
Hey /toy/ recently ordered a few of the 3.75 DW toys for pretty cheap. I know they're a downgrade from the 5 inch line, and they're kinda cheap, but I do like the idea of 3.75 DW toys and like I said, they were cheap

Any other thoughts on the line?
>>
>>6367069
I've got a Doctor or two, and I don't think the line is too bad, really. Paint-wise, it's not great, but as toys, they're not bad if you can find them for a good price. I still need an in-scale TARDIS, though, and can't find any around me.
>>
The human characters look terrible but I got the Tardis and a couple Daleks to interact with my Joes and Star Wars. Sadly the Daleks are kinda shrimpy.
>>
File: IMG_0568.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0568.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Well, my Who haul came.

Black Dalek from the value pack came with a fucked up head, so I managed to get a refund, but other than that all the figures are pretty cool, and the electronic rusty is the funnest toy I've bought in a long time. Also, immediately painted the red on the inside of 12s coat, and I'm hoping to pick up a regeneration figure for the head.
>>
Dont care much about the figs. I just want a good 1/12 tardis and a few daleks. What are some good ones?
>>
>>6369274
you can find some of the older, larger scale figures on ebay for varying prices, TARDIS' are normally a little more, and some of the Daleks go for a bit as well, but the bronze new series drones are quite plentiful
>>
File: dalek and son.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dalek and son.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>6367069
Only have Daleks since they're the only ones sculpted well.
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Tried putting together the play set, not as bad as the reviews I've seen, but I only built it up halfway for my shelf , still wish they wouldn't have bothered and just sold figure packs
>>
>>6370625
They pretty much nailed the Daleks at least.
>>
>>6370641
yea, and that rusty is surprisingly fun to just leave to roam my toy shelf
>>
File: IMG_0573.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
"I'll explain later"
>>
All I want is some classic Who toys...but the 1st Doctor set w/ electronic Tardis is like 150 dollars on ebay now
>>
FUCK 3.5 FUCKING FUCKED THE WHOLE FUCKING LINE YOU KEKS ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!!
>>
>>6372053
There is a giant, "Every Doctor Ever" set that gets re-released every now an then, no idea if it's come out lately though.
>>
>>6369271
>>6372051
>>6370625
God I remember when the 12th doctor figure first came out, think Hastings or some shit got them in first. They were going for hundreds on Ebay, imagine that.
>>
Anything that isn't a Dalek often looks like a McD toy, why does Dr Who get such mediocre merch? Daleks only look good because they're so simple. Even the Funko Pop couldn't screw them up.

Probably just as well, what with the strong rumors BBC wants to kill the show.
>>
>>6372158
Theres a lot of good stuff to be found in the collectors figures though, likenesses for the most part pretty spot on and the monsters like Cybermen being fantastic.
Not to mention a lot of stuff can actually be pretty reasonably priced on Ebay, considering its mostly people selling off old collections etc.
>>
>>6372154
Worst Doctor and a horrible toy

what schmucks
>>
>>6372278
>Worst Doctor
Capaldi doesn't play the 6th doctor

>I'm an alien, I don't have to be nice, SO WHAT if my past 5 selves didn't behave this way, ignore my hideous coat
>>
>>6372064
No it didn't.
Season 6 killed the line.

The choices were awful. The Silence never turned up and they rose the price to £10 each.
>>
>>6372473
>tfw doctor who toys being 6.99 was 10 years ago
>>
>>6372731
>Originally they were £5 each.

That killed the line plus the shitty character choice.

>3.75" line was the same price as the 5" line.
>>
>>6372278
worst doctor? No
Worst series so far? very possibly
>>
>>6372067
Yeah, but I just want the individual classic series doctors and their police box variants if they have any.

It's kind of a shame though that in spite of moving the toyline to the GI Joe scale, I'm still not hopeful for a classic series console room of any kind.
>>
>>6375628
http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/junk-tardis-console-playset/

They did this, you could custom the outer walls.
>>
File: dapol25thbox580.jpg (76KB, 580x483px) Image search: [Google]
dapol25thbox580.jpg
76KB, 580x483px
>>6375628
>>
>>6375628
>and their police box variants
1, 4, 7, 9/10, 11 and 12 are the only doctors to get TARDISes.
11 got two; one with white windows, one with black.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.