[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wonder Woman DCEU 1:12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 15

File: Wonder-Woman-One12-Mezco-008.jpg (230KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-Woman-One12-Mezco-008.jpg
230KB, 1500x1500px
Looking to add a few 1:12 Wonder Woman DCEU figures to the collection. Are there any top-picks out at the moment or is it still early to decide? I'm mainly looking for one that's closest to Gal Gadot likeness.

So far, I'm eyeing the Mezco one, but I'd like to see if Mafex improves from their BvS one. Plus, there's something on the neutral face of the Mezco one that irks me a bit. Just the lighting maybe?

Of course I don't expect a thing from the Mattel version, but it's definitely an improvement from the BvS one. I feel like it would be a nice one to pick up if I wanted one to play with frequently even outside of the house and whatnot

What do you think?

Alternatively, Wonder Woman 1:12 general if needed
>>
File: gal.jpg (164KB, 832x656px) Image search: [Google]
gal.jpg
164KB, 832x656px
>>6366312
>there's something on the neutral face of the Mezco one that irks me a bit
They made her face too wide and round and her chin too short basically. Her jaw has poor definition too. From the front, Gal has a very distinct slim heart shaped face. This is a big part of why the sculpt doesn't look like her. The angry head looks like it might fare a little better, but we are seeing it from an angle so who knows.
>>
>>6366319
There you go. Definitely a wider face. Hoping they fix that. Almost everything else looks great though.
>>
>>6366312
We don't need a general for one figure, but ok. Thic could have just gone in the DC general thread
>>
>>6366413
Whoops, just saw the Doctor Strange thread and thought it was a norm
>>
>>6366413
Also, it's not just about the Mezco one, just any 6" scale movie version really
>>
>>6366319
>The angry head looks like it might fare a little better, but we are seeing it from an angle so who knows.
This. I'm mainly getting this for the angry sculpt since it looks more like her. Neutral sculpt is definitely too wide.
>>
>>6366312
>a few 1:12 Wonder Woman DCEU figures

Get them all
>>
>>6366312
>Mezco
>Mafex
>Mattel
All three are surprisingly alright and the Mafex and Mattel look to be improvements over their previous efforts. Really I'd say there's no shortage of DCEU Wonder Woman figures.
>>
>>6366997
That looks like a bad cartoon compared to Mezco's.
>>
>>6367040

I don't have Mezco's on account of it not being fucking out yet.
>>
>>6366997
Is that the BvS version or has the WW movie version been released already?
>>
>>6367002

> Mezco
Proto looks like it has a bad likeness issue already.

> Mattel
It's the BvS figure with a new head. Head looks prettier than the manface from BvS, but it's far from looking like Gal. Articulation is pretty shit, but it's the cheapest at $20.

> Mafex
First version had a poor face, but their recent stuff has been pretty good after shifting to digitally printed faces. From Harley and Rey, expect a bit of a Japanese anime vibe to the likeness.

PAK just announced one as well if you wanna venture beyond 1/12. Pretty but doesn't look like Gal either.
>>
>>6367974
>Proto looks like it has a bad likeness issue already.

I still want to believe

These promo shots are way too deceiving
>>
>>6368844
It's called "camera angles"

Also, Mezco's stuff really don't look different from their promos and trade show shots.
>>
Just get the Mezco One:12. You can't do better than that in 1:12 scale. Though I do think the Mafex releases (they did a BvS version, but the new WW movie version looks a tad improved) are fine if you luck out and don't get bad QC, which is a problem with their stuff.
>>
>>6368844
>single jointed swivel elbows
FUCK! STOP IT ALREADY. The elbows suck on my Trek figures, but at least they're not hi-octane superheroes like WW. Mezco is run by idiots, I swear...
>>
>>6368871
They care about aesthetics of the figures.
It's why they use double jointed elbows on clothed characters, because it'll be hidden.

And honestly, i'm not sure if i care about double jointed elbows.
The lack of double jointed shoulders is something i would miss more.
>>
>>6368884
Single jointed can be fine if they still allow the proper range of motion, but it looks like on this one it can't go past a right angle, which is honestly a dealbreaker in my eyes for a figure this expensive.

And if they cared about aesthetics then they should have done something other those ugly swivels around the thigh, christ that looks horrible.
>>
>>6368892
The way females are sculpted, it can probably pull off better poses than male sculpts, solely because of how much skinnier they are. So there's less to get in the way of the joint.

As for a swivel thigh, i guess you want it higher up?
Just so you know, prototypes are usually really loose, so the production figures will have less of a gap there.
I do agree the swivel should be found higher though.

captcha: signs are vehicles, vehicles are not.
>>
>>6368844
tfw no double-jointed elbows for a crucial iconic pose
>>
Im thinking I'm gonna get it. She looks pretty good. Could have had better facial expressions, but, looks still, better than the majority of Wonder Woman figures out there
>>
Since we're on the subject of Mezco ONE:12, does anyone have any thoughts on Space Ghost?

I want him, but...is he good?
>>
>>6367962
BvS
>>
File: badwirestitching.jpg (134KB, 578x819px) Image search: [Google]
badwirestitching.jpg
134KB, 578x819px
>>6369036
I have the GitD Space Ghost and he's really great except for one flaw, they stitched his cape in a really fucking ugly way on the inside as if to say "no one will ever look at him from the front". I don't know what the fuck they were thinking, but this is the first real design misstep I've seen from them on these ONE:12 guys except for Dredd's suit which isn't as big a deal.
>>
File: gitdsg.jpg (230KB, 697x1104px) Image search: [Google]
gitdsg.jpg
230KB, 697x1104px
>>6369066
Still looks pretty good.
>>
>>6369071
Hmmm nooo that looks bad. Man sucks too cuz I wanted him.
>>
File: Untitled.png (430KB, 496x401px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
430KB, 496x401px
>>6369071
Someone named D. Amazing posted a review of regular SG on Youtube so although I don't have him I can compare him to the GitD.

Some things to note about the GitD version specifically:

All his effect parts and also the entire little figure of Blip are translucent plastic and unpainted.
His suit is made from a different material than the product shots show for regular Space Ghost, it's a thicker material that reminds me more of BvS Batman than something like a Flash or Captain Marvel which regular SG's suit looks like.
His cape is much lighter on the outside than regular SG's cape.
He glows in the dark.

I think it's pretty interesting that the suit is made from a different material and in addition to the other changes I think GitD Space Ghost is different enough to be worth picking up if you really like SG.

The only problem again is that cape but it looks like the regular SG has shitty cape stitching near the wire too from the few times you get a good look at it in D. Amazing's review. I really hope this doesn't become a trend especially as I heard they're adding a wire to classic Superman's cape.
>>
File: suitmaterial.jpg (516KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
suitmaterial.jpg
516KB, 1224x1632px
>>6369086
Close-up of the different material.
>>
File: blip.jpg (89KB, 550x673px) Image search: [Google]
blip.jpg
89KB, 550x673px
>>6369082
Well again the regular version is really different so maybe you'll like it. I just picked up the GitD one because it sounded rad. I think the regular one is probably better.
>>
File: scmk-scorpion-05.jpg (210KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
scmk-scorpion-05.jpg
210KB, 1370x2048px
>>6368884
>It's why they use double jointed elbows on clothed characters, because it'll be hidden
If that's the case (it's not, because Trek figures have swivel elbows), then they truly are fucking retarded. Modern double jointed elbows shouldn't even use pin holes like shitty archaic Marvel Legends. They should be practically seamless, or at least no more obvious than swivel elbows.
>>
>>6369066
thats gotta be the shittiest complaint ive ever heard of
>>
>>6369148
Are you saying you don't think it's a problem?

How is that the shittiest complaint you've ever heard of? There are shittier complaints in this very thread.
>>
>>6369179
to me that stitchjob is a non-issue and barely noticeable. Space Ghost does looks superb though
>>
>>6369066
eh I can live with that. Im not getting the glow in the dark one though. the clear pieces look shitty.

but I gotta have my favorite talk show host
>>
>>6368982
She's is barely bending her elbows past 90
>>
>>6369133
Storm Collectibles have some of the best engineering when it comes to action figures.
>>
>>6366319
>implying i'm not gonna buy post-wisdom teeth extraction Wonder Woman

in your dreams
>>
File: sulu mezco.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sulu mezco.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>6369133
>(it's not, because Trek figures have swivel elbows)
>Modern double jointed elbows shouldn't even use pin holes
Are you blind or retarded?
Swivel elbows integrated at the hinge are way less intrusive and offer more poseability than being at the bicep.
And what pins are you talking about? Mezco has avoided them where they're visible. Look at the WW in OP.

And Storm Collectibles, after seeing the complaints in the other thread, should think about using pins, considering they make toys more durable
>>
>>6369961
>Swivel elbows integrated at the hinge are way less intrusive and offer more poseability than being at the bicep
At the reduction of...?

You guessed it: range of motion. You get a slight increase in rotation (sometimes) with swivel elbows versus bicep swivels, but a huge and universal reduction in hinging range.

Jesus, you are one sad and dumb motherfucker.
>>
File: DCC Batman Articula.jpg (75KB, 832x470px) Image search: [Google]
DCC Batman Articula.jpg
75KB, 832x470px
>>6369961
>i'm talking out of my ass
There is no decreased anything.
The hinge gets the same range as it would if swivel were at the bicep.
Vs
The bicep muscle always getting in the way because the swivel is located up there.

There hasn't been a single line that didn't get an improvement from this and there was no draw back, EXCEPT to those losing the double hinged elbows. Even then, figures could suddenly hold guns better or put the arms fully behind their back.

Bicep swivels are pretty shit and we'd be better off if someone could engineer something better when they have double jointed hinged elbows. Something like pic, where the swivel is inside the second hinge.
>>
>>6370307
SHF has been putting swivels directly in the middle of the double elbow joints lately. It's pretty much the highest form of human arm articulation there is in the world of toys.
>>
>>6370333
Pretty cool and can it go fully around? 180?
>>
>>6370537
I have mine in storage so I'm going by memory, but I'm pretty sure they go full 360. Pretty much every aspect of articulation on the arms and shoulders with these figures is on the cutting edge of engineering.
>>
>>6369071

> No monitor

> No Desk

> No cards accessory

Worst Space Ghost version...
>>
>>6373863
Yeah I don't know what all this shit is and the ugly invisible kid he comes with instead of his desk or a monitor screen with Hulk Hogan on it.
>>
File: spaceghost9.jpg (175KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
spaceghost9.jpg
175KB, 750x1000px
>>6373863
Buy Jazwares Space Ghost and steal the accessories.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.