[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1/6 scale don't know shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Alright /toy/ so I recently bought a full set of the 1/6 Medicom Ichi the Killer dolls. All of the Ichi figures have bodysuit rot and both of mine do as well. I've never owned 1/6 scale anything and don't know how to go about fixing the problems:

Some guy fixed Ichi into pic related, but I've been searching the web and can't find a bodysuit that looks like that. The ones I've seen are cloth, or nylon wetsuit material. The one in the pic, a more kevlar or leather looking one, would go much better with the armor. So, any suggestions on where I could find a replacement bodysuit that looks like the one in the pic?

Also; some of his armor, like those panels on his hips, are held on by some kind of adhesive that is also rotting. What could I use that isn't tape or glue, but could hold pieces in place and still be removeable if needed?
>>
>>6366305
You're gonna have to commission someone to make you a new suit if you don't have the skills or knowledge. Look around doll forums, lots of folks in that community who make custom outfits.

As for a replacement adhesive that's removable, you might as well go with magnets if you're already modifying the figure anyway. Cut or dremel divots, then glue rare earth magnets into both pieces. Make sure the magnets aren't TOO strong, only just strong enough to hold the armor on, or they'll break the glue.
>>
>>6366305
Do you have a picture of your figure with it's basic armor/gear?
>>
>>6366305
>I've never owned 1/6 scale anything and don't know how to go about fixing the problems:

You can't. That's the unfortunate side effect of early 2000s 1/6 scale figures that used this kind of construction. The early seamless figures have run into the same problem and the newer ones, like Phicen, likely will unless they are maintained beyond letting them sit on a shelf.
>>
>>6366671

He said the suit, not the figure itself
>>
File: P1020448.jpg (190KB, 840x630px)
P1020448.jpg
190KB, 840x630px
>>6366572

1/3

Here's the two of them. manga Ichi's suit is rotting and flaking and its a mess, but movie Ichi is another beast entirely. His suit is a shiny leather look instead of the matte his brother wears, and this material is leaving greasy smears with each flake that comes off. The inside of the box is covered with black smudges.
>>
File: P1020450.jpg (109KB, 840x630px)
P1020450.jpg
109KB, 840x630px
>>6366308

Looking closer, this is the adhesive on some of the armor. Its two velcro pieces with sticky on either side. Seems like an easy enough fix but, again, I don't know where to look for this kind of stuff.
>>
File: P1020453.jpg (162KB, 840x630px)
P1020453.jpg
162KB, 840x630px
And finally, the rot. I still can't find what I was asking about last night so I'm considering this:

http://www.gijoeelite.com/Bodysuit-for-Male-Figures-Black

and just seeing what it looks like. This is nonetheless turning out to be more of a custom project than I was hoping for, and is reminding me why I don't bother with 1:6.
>>
>>6366688
>He said the suit, not the figure itself

Which is having the same problem as the seamless figures which is why I mentioned those as well. The suits, and the "skin" of the seamless figures, are made out of a material that begins to rot unless you take care of it. And even then it's likely to rot.
>>
>>6367705
What is the expiration date for seamless figures?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.