[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Articulated Icons: Shpping Soon Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled-1.jpg (312KB, 754x574px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
312KB, 754x574px
http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/06/articulated-icons-another-update-with-good-news/
>>
fucking finally

And some review videos too.
>>
Wait, are these things being shipped out of RoboKillah's house? That's hilarious
>>
That final skull design on solitaire is so fucking bad, but at least the shinyness seems like it was only because of the other dudes crap lighting.
>>
File: hood.png (815KB, 781x737px) Image search: [Google]
hood.png
815KB, 781x737px
oh what the fuck
>>
>>6364268
>We trained Baghead-Sama wrong, as a joke!
>>
>>6364162
>people hated 4hm for having a small warehouse
>this one is being shipped out of some dude's garage
>>
>>6364162
As funny as that'd be and it's just Robo doing everything they actually hired an actual fulfillment center to do all the sorting and shipping for them.

>>6364425
He was joking.

>>6364268
This was Boog's doing. He later admitted to being an idiot and doing it wrong.
>>
>>6364440
>Implying Boog just didn't want Klansman for shitposting reasons alone
wait shit no
i'm thinking of d-amazing
carry on
>>
>>6364440
Boog's doing?

It just seems like the hood is really weird.
>>
>>6364440
>>6364555
oh fucking wait a minute now I get it

did he put the damn hood on with the face looking out the neck hole
>>
>>6364562
YEP
>>
>>6364440
>As funny as that'd be and it's just Robo doing everything they actually hired an actual fulfillment center to do all the sorting and shipping for them.

Huh, I wonder who they got. I didn't know there was anything around there to handle that. I spent a few years in his area and it's a pretty nothing place. If it comes from Van Buren then he totally did it himself.
>>
so when will I be able to buy these for pennies?
>>
>>6364581
Keep telling yourself that, kiddo
>>
>>6364599
many people cancelled the orders in droves, and these things aren't of good quality anywhere near what they are asking for
they are going to have a warehouse full of them I'm sure

if not the ninjas then most of the side characters
>>
>>6364628
They may have a a bunch left over and do a little store thing on the fwoosh, but you'll never get them for less than retail I assure you.
>>
>>6364628
yea but once the preview-reviews started coming in, people, in droves, added more figures to their order as well. Along with attracting new customers. people on instagram and other forums are nuts for these
>>
So this is essentially a non-update? They're still not in the US yet, and even when they arrive it'll still take weeks to get through customs, transport to the shipping location, and get it all out there. Why not just update us when they're actually where they're supposed to be?
>>
>>6364744
well they are suckers for paying premium collectible prices for marvel legends figures
>>
>>6364268
Dammit, ojiisan, take those underpants off your head!
>>
Whose ready to get their ninjas in september!!!!

MAYBE!!!
>>
>>6365196

Because if they didn't then you'd be fucking whining that there hasn't been an update in forever.
>>
>>6367927
Yeah! It's only 1.5 years later than they said they would ship for preorders!
>>
File: 6c9.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6c9.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>6364581
>so when will I be able to buy these for pennies?
This is the same guy that will be complaining about the sky high aftermarket price on these 9 months from now.
>>
>>6368012
They won't be producing these like a real toyline or are they going to be assholes like 4H that only makes stuff for kickstarter/preorders only?
>>
>>6368840
Theyve not made any claims for or against selling post-kickstarter

but really, the kickstarter ran for a reason, if you ignored it and they dont produce more, theyre not really the ones at fault here
>>
Just got the "last chance to change your address" email.

Is it habbening?
>>
>>6373222
Soon we will get our ninjas!
>>
>>6373079
They're still assholes for not being able to sell their products beyond kickstarters and preorders.

Blind buys are the worst buys, and i know sometimes that's the only way to get somethings, but why risk it on things you're on the fence about?
With things like 4H's Mythic Legions, I'm glad I held off from buying more, despite my sizable collection from them, because their last release was riddled with problems.

Making ultra limited toys and pretending that they're army builders is a fucking non-sequitur.
>>
>>6373257
40-50 dollars for army builder figures is bumfuck retarded in the first place
>>
>>6374549
I'm ok paying that much for army builders in this scale, but they sure as fuck need to make it worth it, and 4H failed to do that with their last wave.
These ninjas look like they may be worth it too, but they really dropped the ball on the paint apps based on the production samples they showed off a few months ago.

This is why i only bought only one ninja from their kickstarter. They're a new untested company and we dont know how their final products will be.
Why waste my money on something unknown? If they turn out to be great, despite crappy paint apps, i'd be willing to spend more money.
By not providing a regular supply, everyone loses out.
If the line is shit, the line wasn't going to survive anyway and they lost out on their kickstarter money. No real loss.
>>
>>6374805
>>6374549

Well, the 4HM army builders were only 18 dollars, and the original character toys were around 33, and prices varied in between, unless it was a deluxe then it was about 45.

18 dollars for an armybuilder is pretty damn good.
>>
I'm ready
>>
>>6364150
Where can I buy these from?
>>
>>6375324
It was a kickstarter that's almost 2 years old now. You're probably out of luck unless they have a sale after shipping the backers/preorders are shipped. Just keep watch.
>>
>>6374810
That's nice and all, but still really lame when you can't buy before you ever get impressions from anyone.
>>
>>6373257
>>6374805

it's like you people don't understand what a kickstarter is

everyone had AMPLE time to jump in the boat before it sailed, and you didnt. You were quite literally able to make purchases just a few months ago if memory serves. Instead you were probably the ones shouting THESE THINGS SUCK for the last 2 years, but now that it's finally reaching buyers hands you're mad you can't jump on bored and get them in-hand with us

that's just...what the fuck. lol.
>>
>>6375324
in about 2 months, ebay.
>>
>>6375426
impressions and pre-reviews came out a good while before they closed down orders yo. Sounds like your fault for not doing your due diligence
>>
>>6375654
when was this?
And which line are you talking about?

None of the lines were out when they did kickstarter or preorders.

>>6375563
Are you illiterate?
The point is that you have to make blind purchases without knowing of the quality of the product first, which is incredibly shady and keeps me buying more, going against how army building is.

The only time there's a chance to buy them after the fact is when 4H puts pu the remainders on sale and that stuff sells out instantly. And being someone that bought into their last wave, i gave a pass on the remainders.

The articulated ninjas is still unknown, since they actually delayed their stuff to fix issues with their production figures.
>>
>>6375928
for the ninjas. The Fwoosh, NcurableKollector, and Boog_ACBA all put out videos on youtube going over the figures these past few months for people who were interested.

The shit worked on me desu because i ended up adding more figures i didnt even think i wanted.
>>
>>6375992
who tf put a desu in my sentence
>>
>>6375992
see
>The articulated ninjas is still unknown, since they actually delayed their stuff to fix issues with their production figures.
>>
>>6373257
>because their last release was riddled with problems

Except they weren't, really. But you seem to want a reason to bitch and gripe.
>>
File: minoshit.jpg (200KB, 758x1318px) Image search: [Google]
minoshit.jpg
200KB, 758x1318px
>>6376014
>missing/sloppy paint apps
>poorly engineered joints
>loose joints
>brittle plastic
>scraping paint
Here's my minotaur's shield peg snapping because he fell because his joints are too loose.
The pegs should not snap from falling less than 4" onto a cheapo particle board Ikea desk.

Other people on /toy/ complained about these same issues.

Again, blind buys like this are awful and why i hesitate in [b][u][i]*preordering*[/b][/u][/i] more.
>>
>>6376202
I hate peg shields for that very reason. Marvel legends, figma, mythic legions all have issues with these things. If they have made the shield have handles instead it would have been so much better.
>>
>>6376202
If you can't put a tiny bit of superglue on that and move on, you shouldn't have "adult" action figures.
>>
>>6376253
Are you retarded?
>>
>>6376253
>superglue
I agree with the other guy's accessment.
You're a retard.

Just superglue would do shit and would break faster than before.
I had to add a pin to it, so it should actually be studier than before.

This doesn't change the fact that they're using brittle plastic and people have been complaining about that since the line first started.
This wouldn't even be a problem though if their joints weren't so fucking loose. I can deal with weapons being brittle, but the danger only comes from them falling over and their weight/speed causing them to break.
So it's very shit and there's no reason to use brittle plastic anyway.
>>
What's your most anticipated ninja? I feel like mine is the warrior monk now. I didn't even order him initially bit he looks really cool. That or storm shadow. I hope I can find a 1/12 scale snake eyes head cast somewhere.
>>
>>6376275
The blue shinobi is pretty good except for its fucking head with strider hair, looks like jimmy neutron
>>
>>6376202
that's fine, then you don't need to get them

the rest of us didn't hesitate and were wililng to take a chance.

Kickstarter = no risk, no reward.
>>
>>6378588
im fine with risk, its them not beingable to have stock afterward thats a problem

Them not fixing issues is also a problem.
>>
>>6379415
so then no, you aren't fine with risk

you're fine with letting others take the risk then jump on the bandwagon after its gone. they said they did this because theyre not a toy company and didn't have the funds to front production, as most kickstarters do. They have made no promises nor have any obligation to continue offering these figures after the ks run. ks was here so people could get them if they wanted them. Didn't join us? Tough shit kiddo

i normally laugh at the trolls making fun of the "entitlement" in this place, but lol...
>>
>>6381349
>it's okay for companies to make shitty products because blind buys are supposed to be that way
>don't like blind buys? It's your fault, not the company who is purposely taking advantage of you by making it a blind buy
>army building requires for you to not know beforehand how the figures will work out, unlike all army builders by everyone else
I'm not saying you're a shill, but you sound like one when you're bending over backwards this hard to justify shitty conditions.
>>
>>6382024
I'm not him but the mythic legions/articulated icons weren't entirely blind considering they're both made by people who have done toys before. I know some people in the AI line have worked on marvel legends/gentle giants stuff. I also know 4horsemen have done tons of shit so they know what they're doing. Turns out what they put out is nearly identical to other stuff they've done. The AI Guys put out what are basically ninja marvel legends.
>>
File: blindtest.png (5KB, 990x768px) Image search: [Google]
blindtest.png
5KB, 990x768px
>>6382423
It's still a blind buy, despite them producing waves of the same figures.

I guess there are different levels of blindness.

Ordering a Hasbro current wave toy from Amazon instead of a physical store like TRU is considered a blind buy, as Hasbro is known for poor QC on their paint and you may end up with a derpy face.

Needing to preorder a wave before anyone else is able to touch them is a darker pitch of black of blindness, since it's completely unknown how they'll end up even to 4H.
And if they ever got production samples, they sure as hell didn't tell us about the loose joints, which i was worse than before. And the supplier paint apps.

>nearly identical
shows that you don't buy these lines or even pay attention to the threads.

>AI Guys put out what are basically ninja marvel legends.
Complete unknowns, making preordering their stuff even blindier than 4H's, but at least they have the decency to tell us about the sloppy paint and stiffer plastics before sending shit back. So who really knows how the final production figures will be until other people get theirs.
>>
>>6382024
the fuck are you even talking about? How are you pulling those out of your ass like that?

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore, you're on a completely different level of the spectrum than the normal potatos here.
>>
>>6382470
>Needing to preorder a wave before anyone else is able to touch them is a darker pitch of black of blindness, since it's completely unknown how they'll end up even to 4H.

So the solution to small runs headed by companies not able to afford the standard cost of mass toy production should just not make anything I guess? That where you're going?

Because if not, the only other stance I can imagine for you is "They should make them widely available after the funding campaign!" which is just autistic level entitlement on your part.

But considering that's essentially what you said in the beginning, won't be surprised.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.