[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers 3rd party General: competition edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 67

File: 1496267509654.jpg (340KB, 2048x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1496267509654.jpg
340KB, 2048x1064px
old >>6351359
>>
Wardog on the way, and then after that the 5 Poseidon bots.

I'm kind of losing control here.
>>
I finally took down MP10 to repose him with the various MP carbots I've picked up in the last year or so, and man, he hasn't really aged well. Is there a 3P version that's the same size and look, just... with a little more modern engineering?
>>
so this is a little off topic, but it seems like transformers is the really the only toy community that has a 3rd party scene...kinda unique, isn't it?

other lines can license their brand to other manufacturers and stuff, but it's still not quite the same.

i dunno, just thinking
>>
>>6362959
It's very unique. I can think of other unlicensed toys based on things, but nothing approaches the scale of 3P TFs.
>>
>>6362898
Is this supposed to be an MP-style Omega Supreme?
>>
>>6362980
Yes they are.
>>
I'm considering selling some of my official toys and going all-in on 3P versions. Are there any/what are the best CHUG alternates for:

- Sixshot
- Galvatron
- Menasor
- Coneheads
- Astrotrain
>>
>>6363002
Terminus Hexatron
Mania King
none
Not sure
Not sure
>>
>>6362959
I don't think I could possibly explain how the TF 3P scene came about and evolved into what it is today.

Part of why it's so prevalent in the first place though is hastak's general "inability" (I don't really wanna call it inability) to satisfy all corners of the transformers market. They don't really do much for literal who character collectors, high end collectors who aren't happy with MPs, and collectors who are interested in new takes and concepts on this style of toy, even though that's the market 3Ps are thriving it.

When they do license out the TF brand then it's usually just for sideshow stuff of gimmick merchandise.
>>
>>6363002

For Sixshot, the upcoming Gcreations toy looks amazing.
>>
>>6363094
Woah, a Sixshot that doesn't look stupid in robot mode.
>>
Anyone here use robotoybase.com before? Are they legit?
>>
>Rioter Despotron can draw fully draw his sword from its cannon sheath
>Striker Noir can draw both his fuck huge swords from their mounts on his back

Fuck me, I wish more toys were designed with this much articulation and planned with thus much playability
>>
>>6363090
>I don't really wanna call it inability
On some level it is. What confuses people is that it's mixed with general tonedeafness.

The 3rd party scene really started with repro parts/decals. Hasbro was unable/unwilling to do anything there.

Then it moved to add-on pieces. This was when Hasbro was unable/unwilling to do even minor retooling. This was the age of Cliffjumper = red Bumblebee afterall.

Then combiners were the big thing. Again, Hasbro was unable/unwilling. Their token effort in Energon was embarrassing, as was FOC Bruticus. CW was generally good but way too late.

Now we're in the 3P MP age. Because Hasbro is unable/unwilling to do anything with the MP line. They've dragged their feet on the subset of G1 that people really care about (Dinobots anybody?), they've dragged their feet on IDW comic characters, etc.

So on some level it _is_ an inability to respond to the collector market.
>>
>Early today
>Drop the black connector piece that holds City Commander's giant rocket launcher thing together and hitches the trailer to Classics Ultra Magnus
>Disappears into he fucking void

>Just now
>Drop the grip half of one of Striker Noir's Machine Guns
>Also disappears into the fucking void

What the fuck is going on. My room is not even a mess.
>>
>>6363263
Forgot to add that these items now join the blade of MM Battle Sentinel's sword in the void.
>>
Why haven't 3P's made bodies for the Titan Master-only dudes? Seems like something that would make a lot of money.
>>
File: IMG_1459.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Got Sovereign

...this is definitely something not worth transforming out of robot mode..
>>
>>6363292
Looks like a futuristic fleshlight.
>>
>>6363292
Cybertronian/abstract alt modes are a mistake.
>>
>>6363292
I always hated Galvatron's design.
>>
>>6363290
It seems like 3Ps generally avoid cross compatibility with official product lines. I would have been all over some 3P combiners that used the official combiner ports but to my knowledge the only one to do so was a shitty Motormaster who came with adapters to use CW stunticons for limbs.
>>
>>6363292
well, what do you like/dislike about him? I don't own him but was thinking about it.
>>
File: boldforms lonewolf menasor.jpg (391KB, 1590x1600px) Image search: [Google]
boldforms lonewolf menasor.jpg
391KB, 1590x1600px
>>6363365
i'm still buttmad about Lonewolf, so close but still so very far

I wish weijang or something would ko and improve it
>>
File: 1496495072313.jpg (106KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496495072313.jpg
106KB, 614x960px
I'm starting to think I'm unreasonably excited for this. I don't even have PMOP but I think I wanna get a PMOP just to use with the Jinrai Prime as well
>>
>>6363292
Thats my biggest gripe with sovereign. People shit on dx9, but that alt mode is flawless.
>>
>>6362898
What store is the cheapest for FT's version?
>>
File: Gal.png (2MB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
Gal.png
2MB, 1500x938px
>>6363434

And his robot mode is kinda shit as a result. Galvatron will always be a hard one because he turns into a weird esoteric cannon thing but I'd always have robot mode prioritized.
>>
>>6363449

It's why I'm waiting for Takara's Galvatron. It has to be inevitable at this point, and they're the only ones who can pull off some crazy magic and have it be accurate in both modes.
>>
How good are FansToys Dinobots?
>>
>>6363434
>Thats my biggest gripe with sovereign.
Honestly, despite what my post may have implied, I don't have an issue with the Alt mode. To go into what >>6363378 asked, the beef I have with this Galvatron is transforming him into it in the first place. It's typically 3P in that it's over convoluted for what it should be.

The shoulder transformation is stiff, and you feel you're going to break it half the time due to how you have to yank it. This could have easily be remedied by using something other that those really tight "lipped tabs" that don't require so much force to un-tab.

Then there's all the leg shit. You're essentially just opening up his lower legs and folding his upper legs into them, but they had to start throwing a bunch of pointless tabs and stuff into it that makes it more convoluted than it needs to be. Same goes for the chest transformation.
>>6363478
I'm with you on this. The way I see it they will most likely make the transformation similar but simplify it, which it needs to be. It's honestly not enjoyable transforming it in it's present state.

Also way too much needless diecast. I was always a fan for the extra heft it gave figures, but there's so much in this it's literally a dumbell.
>>
I really hope the fist colors aren't final.
>>
>>6363587

That is the most terrible shade of purple/pink I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm not even exaggerating. What the fuck.
>>
>>6363561

A Takara one will have a better alt mode but there's not much room for improvement on the bot mode. That plus takara can't decide if it never wants to paint a figure or overpaint it with the worst possible flaky shit they could imagine.
>>
>>6362959
>>6362976
>>6363090
>>6363240
The answer is that unofficial transformers doesn't compete with official toys for the most part. Retail toys are obviously marketed towards children. MP might have some crossover, but even there people who want official MP will buy official MP. (look at the delusional fucks who prefer the new MP Megatron)
Unofficial offers adult oriented toys developed by third party companies. Once HasTak starts licensing fully transforming toys expect retailers to drop unofficial toys.

Of course, there is also the fact that since these uniquely engineered toys are probably legally distinct as long as they don't use trademarked names or iconography making it hard to pursue legal action. Thus why I think HasTak will just go directly to retailers to stop them from selling unofficial toys once official transforming 3P is a thing.
>>
>>6363365
Fake news, unofficial 3P has its roots in upgrade kits.
>>
>>6363587
Can he bend his arms more than 10 degrees
>>
>>6363630
>look at the delusional fucks who prefer the new MP Megatron
>delusional
>this post
>>
>>6363654

>The flaking paint is a feature
>The half hour Transformation is a part of doing business
>The ugly back is unavoidable
>The broken limbs are hamhanding
>The unusable accessories that damage the toy are to punish the nonbelievers who slight against the almighty Takara
>The over-inflated price tag comes with a life time subscription of mail order mugs filled with Takara semen

Even if you prefer the mp 36 aesthetic both despotron and mighttron are objectively more well made.
>>
>>6363656
The back and the price are really what's held me back from buying him, I'm just not sure if I should wait for Wei Jiang's Megatron mashup or get one that's already on the market. I need a good G1 Megatron for my Megatron collection.
>>
>>6363665

He's great as a big poseable figma action figure of megatron if you can swallow the price and front heavy design. He's just a shit transformer.
>>
>>6363665
>Wei Jiang's Megatron mashup
If scale is important to you, you may want to reconsider. Weijiang's is OS so he's out of scale with the current 3P and official MPs. He stands just over a foot tall.
>>
>>6363669
The price is the biggest draw back for me, he's just so expensive for something like that. I got Optimus with his trailer for less than that. I
>>6363685
Scale isn't a big deal, in fact I love the absurdity of large figures like Carnifex.
>>
File: 908704059390358[1].jpg (30KB, 555x480px) Image search: [Google]
908704059390358[1].jpg
30KB, 555x480px
>>6363665
>Wei Jiang's Megatron mashup

This doesn't look as great as the image I had in my head. I've been thinking for a while that a slimmed down despotron torso on top of MP36's legs might make a perfect gun megs, but they've certainly mashed up something else here. It looks like something nice for the oversized collectors, though.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
Anyone have this KBB Lockdown? I know we're getting that really nice 3P one eventually, but this actually looks pretty sharp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Age-Of-Extinction-Black-Lockdown-Metal-Parts-Figure-Toys-With-Box/322533708377
>>
File: 1483130818076.jpg (401KB, 655x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483130818076.jpg
401KB, 655x864px
>>6363630
>The answer is that unofficial transformers doesn't compete with official toys for the most part
Here's your (you) now get out.
>>
>>6363759
Not him but he's mostly right.
>>
>>6363759
Yeah it's really more along the lines of "unofficial transformers don't compete with official toys at all"
>>
File: ThePhantomPain.png (349KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
ThePhantomPain.png
349KB, 325x450px
Kind of weird for how many 3P Devastators there are, there's still no Scoop.
>>
>>6363835
Likewise, I always found it weird how, for as much as people wank over Prowlestator, we don't have any actual combining Prowls or Hooks that turn into a leg.

or at least none that I can think of.
>>
>>6363630
>there is also the fact that since these uniquely engineered toys are probably legally distinct as long as they don't use trademarked names or iconography making it hard to pursue legal action

False. Hasbro is simply ignoring 3p since 1) It usually doesn't interfere with their official plans 2) They're a toy company, not an IP company (though they tried to be, once). If it were Disney, WB or Nick etc, 3p would be running from lawyers years ago.

tldr; 3p is 100% illegal and copyright enforceable. Hasbro is just being gracious.

>>6363656

What is wrong with you people and how you play with your robots? I can convert Megs in around 7 minutes tops, and he hasn't flaked or broken on me over the 6-7 times I've put him through the paces.

His back plate is fugly, yeah, but he haa the best proportions of all the MP sized Megs, and his leg compression is sexy as fuck. Worthwhile tradeoffs compared to the laughable 3p attempts that can't even get the face right.
>>
>>6363872
>It usually doesn't interfere with their official plans
That was the crux of my post.

>Worthwhile tradeoffs compared to the laughable 3p attempts that can't even get the face right.
Oh, I guess you're just retarded.
>>
>>6363656
The flaking paint is the only real issue, the rest is just (your) autism/bullshit. Despotron and Mightron look nothing like they should so they don't even compare.

If you're a troll but a real idiot, while "officialcucks" do exist, you're even more in denial than they are.
>>
>>6363872
I can respect MP36's complexity, but I don't think it accomplished a terribly good looking figure. I dislike the boxy torso and how the arms are completely hollow and blatantly just panels folded together to masquerade as solid parts.

It does a lot of things right, like having a pretty massive range of articulation, 10/10 leg transformation and being nice and expressive but I genuinely don't understand why people think it looks good.

>laughable 3p attempts that can't even get the face right.
MP36 has a nice face sculpt on its own but compared to any other figure I have, they went so hard on their cartoon accuracy with him that I find he clashes with everything. I have all these metal robot faces on my shelf and here comes MP36's pasty grey dough face. Again, I don't mind his face on its own, but I prefer the various 3P's attempts at actually trying to match the MP aesthetic that MP36 completely did away with.
>>
File: 2025.jpg (318KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
2025.jpg
318KB, 1000x616px
>>6363094
>Car mode is always the worst mode

Why can't anyone at least get it AS good as G1?
>>
Does anyone have any experience with robotkingdom's customer service?

I know people meme about their shipping rates a lot but their actual product prices are pretty good. I'm curious about what they're like if you need to return or replace something with them.

I ask because they still have some Beast Goriras in stock, it seems (along with a few other things I wouldn't mind buying)
>>
>>6363920
part of the problem is the car wheels are always so far back compared to the rest of the vehicle. G1 is the only one to have had the car mode actually squat enough for the wheels to not look awkwardly far back.
>>
>>6363898

>A list of documented issues with many people's megs
>autism/bullshit

How blown the fuck out are you when you scramble out a non argument because I just spread heresy against Takara. Get the fuck off of my board you anemic poorfag.
>>
>Shattered Podcast guy blasts the shit out of Spinout, saying it's hot shit while the official MP is amazing
>Omnigonix guy gets so butt hurt he sends 4 Spinouts to him

kek

>>6363715

It's pretty good! Nice size, awesome colors, and good quality for how little you pay. Worth it if you just want a good voyager Lockdown. UT is still where it's at for the ultimate Lockdown figure though.

>>6364008

It's even more maddening when you realise that on the G1 toy, the wheels DO move further to the front. It's just that this step is skipped in the manual, and that every other Sixshot thing since has followed the manual depiction.
>>
>>6364124
>Retaliate by sending free toys he can just profit on
>Target Hasbro for some reason, even though they have nothing to do with the MP line for well over a decade besides just releasing it occasionally
>>
>>6364124
>every other Sixshot thing since has followed the manual depiction
TR Sixshot TRIES since it uses the same arm extension trick but it barely does anything.
>>
>>6364124
I always hate it when I want to like something but can't. I think Spinout looks a lot better than MP39.
>>
>>6362959
I don't know if it's true, but a friend told me Hasbro these days is pretty cool about 3rd party shit as long as it doesn't use official names. Most brands don't have that attitude.
>>
welp, looks like I'm going to be picking up a utopia in the future.
>>
>>6364173

>They couldn't afford to put ankle tilts on Metroplex
>Trypticon is a manlet for no reason

God fucking damn I wanted something fight Terminus too.
>>
>>6364173

>Still no citybot of trypticon
>No actual titan scale skorponok
>The hastak one will be a metro retool

Maybe FT will do a 20" tripticon or something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aElJibO78hs

>Upsized IF Ultra Magnus

Had no idea they were doing this.
>>
>>6364210
get constructor V2 or wait four years for FT to release there Devy.
>>
>>6364210
oversized warbotron bruticus?
>>
>>6363094
Why is the submarine mode upside down? Dumb third parties.
>>
>>6364313

Jokes aside, it looks really awkward that the gun mode has the sword just jutting out of him at the bottom there.
>>
>>6364264
Man if they issue that Magnus in the lighter blue like IF did I'm gonna have to get one.
>>
>>6363378

Not that anon, but I own him too.

I REALLY like him. Amazingly accurate and poseable. Only thing I don;t like is his die-cast chest because I think it makes a bit too heavy.
>>
>>6364069
>A list of documented issues with many people's megs
HAHAHA sure.
>poorfag
You're the one who can't afford the best and most expensive figure.
>>
>>6364212
Doubt it. They said in the past that OS wasn't a sure thing because of how much they'd have to sell it for [to make bank]. With what happened with DX9 and the reduced price, I highly doubt they'll try something like this a second time.
>>
>>6364719

>XD

Not an argument. Retailers offered no questioned asked cancellations and returns on megs because he was coming fresh out of the box with shedding paint. I'm sorry these facts damage your sense of delusion.

>You can't afford-

I paid in full preordered him you semen gobbling takracuck. When I got the email from my retailer warning me what a fragile piece of shit he was I canceled him and bought an actually well made figure. He was going to be my first official figure too.

No argument, no brain cells, and full of shit and brand loyalty defending his sunk cost piece of shit porcelain doll of a garbage megatron. You'd get down on your knees and suck me dry if I tattooed "takara" on my knob end you pathetic subhuman. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1496695456615.jpg (94KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1496695456615.jpg
94KB, 872x685px
>>6364759

>Pandinus is too stylized
>Destroy Scorpion is a Master Made midget by design
>Iron factory one is like 7" tall
>The sentinel one is a giant vinal doll
>HasTak one will be an over greebly cheap playset for kids
>tfw no MP quality big skorponok figure

Should I kill myself now or later?
>>
>>6364810
>He was going to be my first official figure too
So you're a 3pcuck. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>6363094

Eh. Quickswitch was always more balanced in its modes: why doesn't Sixshot have an ocean-going mode?

>>6363263

It's the bane of toy collectors. I have been missing AoE Leader Optimus' shield for ages know and I have not the foggiest idea...

>>6363292

It's amazing to me that there still isn't a 'perfect' Galvatron.

There's so many of them!
>>
>>6363389

Is that shitty? It doesn't look shitty.

>>6364173

If so, be careful with the leg ramps. Also I wish they'd come up with an upgrade/change for his back cannons.

Otherwise he's pretty much perfect.

>>6364210
>for no reason

Could easily be a pound of plastic per unit.
>>
>>6364358

DOOM COCK!

>>6364833

So... are you a shill? And if so, how much do they pay you?

>>6364812

Over a two-foot plastic action figure? Nah.

Just wait. You never know.

DESU I was never too crazy about Fort Max and Scorp being fuckhuge anyway. Scorp was always big, but not stupid big in the comics, plus I view them as bases for their Headmasters - not Transformer-sized, in other words.
>>
>>6364887
>Is that shitty? It doesn't look shitty.
Visually it looks kind of alright, but If I recall correctly he's kind of floppy/unstable in general. His only real draw is being compatible with combiner wars and being sort of a replacement for CW Motormaster, which is certainly a welcome thing, but really the end result isn't that much worth the money.

Like at the end of the day you're paying in excess of 100$ for a kind of alright but better than the official product torso to go with your 15$ CW Carbot repaints.
>>
>>6364891
>So... are you a shill? And if so, how much do they pay you?
You tell me. You're the one sticking to only one side because of how cuck your are.
>>
>>6364887
Vangelus has a great video about him that shows you exactly what the problems are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DyrvcHkY8
>>
>>6364891
Herr Star pls leave. You have a television show to appear in.
>>
Not sure if this is news, didn't see it in the previous thread, but BigBadToystore is running price drops on a bunch of 3P toys. Only thing I was really interested in grabbing was Cocomone(DX9's Crasher repaint of I think he was called Sphinx). Waay too much for me at eighty bucks, but for thirty five? Feels worth it.

There's quite a few others that are selling at like 50% off, so it might be worth checking out.
>>
>>6364940
>how cuck your are.

"cuck" as in: cuckold, ie, suggesting some kind of marital unfaithfulness. Explain: how could a toy company be unfaithful to me? If anything, I put the horns on HasTak's head whenever I buy a nice 3d party item.

Is it possible you don't actually understand what the term 'cuckold' means?

>>6364965

Thanks, anon.

Vangelus' self-deprication is even more distracting than Emgo's substance abuse problem.
>>
>>6364965

...Yup. Looks great, smart engineering, but poor finish.
>>
>>6365082

I hope their triple changing megs turns out good. He looks cool and gimmicky.
>>
File: saurus-ryu-oh-01[1].jpg (232KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
saurus-ryu-oh-01[1].jpg
232KB, 1000x668px
ChosenPrime is selling all the Fansproject Dinoking shit (shells + figures) for $520
>>
>>6365294
tempting as fuck
>>
>>6364149
Same. It has that good balance between toy and cartoon accuracy that makes it not look like a total, lanky clusterfuck. I like when they just bite it and use the actual car canopy on the chest, even thought it's a smidge too big. I fucking hate fake-out car parts in robot mode.
>>
>>6363587
>>6363619

Looks pretty accurate to the G1 toy. Doesn't look bad to me either. I don't see a problem.
>>
>>6365075
/pol/ tosses around meaningless made-up terms so they can pretend they have a language, because they can't accept the fact they are a containment board that has no impact on the world.

They also can't accept the fact that daddy Drumpf is Hillary's best friend, that he hates video games and that he's a massive traitor to this country.

/pol/ is always wrong, remember that. They can't even get some term right. Wait, no, /pol/ does hate Jin's guts so I guess there is one thing they're right about.
>>
ok I roughly have 600 US dollars

>UT Ordin
>TFC Hades
>TFC Poseidon
>GCreations Shuraking

which one of the above is worth spending?
>>
>>6365402
Posiden
>>
>>6365354
you're describing r/the_donald crossposters, not original /pol/ posters.
>>
>>6365402
None of these
>>
>>6365420
I only buy combiners when it comes to third party
>>
>>6365402
Poseidon.
>>
>>6365402
Poseidon is the only good one listed. Others work if that's your itch, except Hades, which I'd advise if you're on a huge budget.. but even then you'd be better off getting a KO of Feral Rex.
>>
>>6365425
I already have Feral Rex.
I like Ordin but I don't like how he's the only abominus out there.
Same goes for Hades.
Bobby Skullface have been killing the hype for Shuraking but Wotafa is pretty much jerking his microdick off from it.
>>
File: Terminus.jpg (74KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
Terminus.jpg
74KB, 639x960px
>>6365422

Why? There's so much cool shit you could get on a 600 dollar budget. Is it just a "muh brand" autism thing?
>>
>>6365430
I mainly collect 1st party CHUG.
and with Omega Supreme I wanna see what Hastak has to offer.
I actually like their trypticon.
>>
>>6365422
Doesn't change the fact none of these are good.
>>
>>6365432
that doesn't help when you don't recommend alternatives
>>
>>6365429

Hades is kinda a piece of shit because his hips suck and he falls apart. Shuraking is much of the same.

Ordin is okay but a tad outdated. Posieden is widely regarded as one of the best combiners out there with Gravity Builder, V.2 Constructor, and Feral Rex being cited as also contenders for the title.
>>
>>6365402
Poseidon hands down.

Probably the best combiner since Feral Rex.
>>
>>6365434
King Poseidon it is then
>>
>>6365402
>GCreations Shuraking
As SK owner I say no.The individual bots are a mixed bad and the combined mode while impressive is a pain in the ass to combine and not very solid.
>>
>>6365294

Half a grand. For that? What do the shells look like?
>>
>>6365329

Such searing wit! (Cockney rhyming slang)

>>6365354

Underworld dwellers talking gibberish. I love it. It's positively Dantean.

>>6365434
>Shuraking is much of the same.

Heartbreak. I would never have bought him anyway, but it still saddens.
>>
>>6365402

I think Hades might still be on sale on BBTS, but Poseidon is the only fully good combiner you listed. Hades is close, but has problems in combined mode.
>>
>>
>>
>>6365574
Will this scale with that Wing MMC's putting out, do we know?
I think I need both but it'd be great if they were around the same height.
>>
>>6365574
Nigga looks like a Gundam now what the fuck
>>
>>6365579
>>6365584

This is Hot Flame Toys licenced non transforming action figure. I don't know what his scale is but he looks big.
>>
>>6365588
I hate to admit it but yeah he looks like he might be MP sized.
>>
>>6365588
>flame toys
>hmmm where have I heard that name before

Oh shit, they're the guys teasing a tarn. I didn't care about drift, but now I'm interested if only to gage their quality.
>>
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUClUz96dSs
>>
>>6365571
God I hope they paint him , that's such and ugly shade
>>
File: arm3.jpg (103KB, 400x653px) Image search: [Google]
arm3.jpg
103KB, 400x653px
>>6365600
>>6365601
What are those fucking shoulders
>>
>>6365617

Go fast anime turbines.
>>
>>6365617
On one hand yeah, they look right on him so I can't really complain too much. On the other hand, they look really clunky and limited. MMC has such a weird track record with shoulders too their strika and turmoil were both pretty limited.
>>
File: mad world singing boss.jpg (196KB, 1600x1121px) Image search: [Google]
mad world singing boss.jpg
196KB, 1600x1121px
>>6365588
>>6365592
Couldn't they just make an MP Drift that's also an MP Boss pretool?
At that size I have no idea with who is it going to fit in aestheticaly. Looks good, though.
>>
File: reduced-image_12782_106[1].jpg (33KB, 640x795px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_12782_106[1].jpg
33KB, 640x795px
I found out about Xtransbot's Toro earlier today. What's Xtransbot's track record like? Are they any good or one of those "wait for reviews first and be disappointed" companies?
>>
>>6365597
>Oh shit, they're the guys teasing a tarn.
What.
Explain.
You have my full and complete attention.
>>
>>6365600
>>6365601
holy fucknuggets I want this so bad, please take my money already MMC
>>
>>6365600
>>6365601
>>6365602

Holy shit he looks amazing. The sword clashing with the cockpit is a major fuck up though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-013922.jpg (987KB, 1435x2057px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-013922.jpg
987KB, 1435x2057px
>>6365672
>>
>>6365574
>>6365588

Dude has some pretty cool engineering going on too.
>>
>>6365680
Aw anon you made my day, damn.
>>
>>6365680
Who is flame toys again?
>>
>>6365753

right dude? that's part of why i was so put off by going into 3rd party stuff...sooo many companies, it takes research to figure out which ones are worth it...i've never heard of flame toys
>>
>>6365665
>Be disappointed
>>
>>6365753
>>6365757
Theyre new as far as I know.
>>
>>6365680
>>6365588

They aren't 3P the way we use 3P, these guys are officially licensed.
>>
>>6365753

Sister company of Sen-ti-nel who does a bunch of mecha stuff.
>>
>>6365600
>>6365601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUClUz96dSs
>>
>>6365665
Their Hoist and TB have gotten nothing but praise. So chances of him turning out good/decent are high.
>>
File: 1484127290088.png (313KB, 372x460px) Image search: [Google]
1484127290088.png
313KB, 372x460px
>>6365680
>more expensive than MMC effort
>doesn't transform
>>
>>6365774

The official thread hates anything that doesn't transform so they might as well be posted here.
>>
Anybody got Jinbao K.O. Oversized Warbotron? Thinking of getting one.
>>
>>6365602
>every fucking thing is articulated
>even the head fins are articulated
>can weield the swords in almost every way you could want
>actually LOOKS as good as the original character art

Fuck watching that video was like watching porn, hurry up and open preorders already.
>>
File: 5160.gif (864KB, 315x354px) Image search: [Google]
5160.gif
864KB, 315x354px
>>6365838
The MMC one had it flaws and Im looking forward to one that really looks like Tarn and not MMC's take on Tarn. As long as it really looks like the comic art they have my money.
>>
>>6365856

Oh I'm fine with it.

>>6365838
the price is also probably affected by the licensing fee.
>>
>>6365838
i dont fucking care what it costs as long as it doesnt have the dead holes for eyes the other one did
the non-transforming thing is a bit of a bummer but hey the mmc one has that covered already so no big deal
>>
>>6365863
If only he had an ab crunch
>>
>>6365294

>can't buy the legs separately

What the fuck did anyone get these things in?
>>
>>6365927
Yeah that's a good point, makes me wonder if there was no room for one or if it wasnt considered at all. Still I'm pretty happy with everything I've seen so far.
>>
>>6365838
>non-transforming Tarn
What is this sin?
>>
>>6366017

It is pretty funny, considering he has a transforming addiction.
>>
File: tx0274378.gif (383KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
tx0274378.gif
383KB, 500x371px
>>6366017
>What is this sin?
It's a brilliant and ironically funny way to make a fuckton of money is what it is.
>>
File: 1478454867864.jpg (108KB, 439x551px) Image search: [Google]
1478454867864.jpg
108KB, 439x551px
>>6366017
>>6366021
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T TRANSFORM?!
>>
>>6365960
Yeah, I was pretty much sold from the moment I saw those shoulder turbines.
>>
>>6365665
They're always bordering on excellent. They have some complex designs but lack the quality to make them more enjoyable.

With that said, I have Arkose and I like him a whole lot. Definitely not perfect, but I have a lot of fun with him.
>>
>>6365665
They're complete shit but everytime they release something, people who really want that character/design will go in denial mode and say that "they really stepped up this up" then more people buy them and more people are disappointed. Rinse and repeat.

Xtransbot never.
>>
>>6365433
Fine. Keep your money until something good is released.
>>
>>6365075
>Is it possible you don't actually understand what the term 'cuckold' means?
Stop projecting, cuck.
>>
>>6366107
fuck off back to your containment board
>>
File: 1496866885220.png (545KB, 565x892px) Image search: [Google]
1496866885220.png
545KB, 565x892px
>>6365602
Holy fist fuck batman. I don't know who I find more annoying Vagelus or Emgo.
Optibotimus is a given.
>>
>>6366191
I find him okay. The sick or scummy guy that does wrestling figures is by far the most annoying toy guy I've seen on youtube.
>>
>>6365600
fug I hope Alpha and especially Beta go up sometime soon
I really want them to do an IDW Blurr in the future to replace my old generations figure
>>
File: 0-lcJAqbd7xr0SHlor.jpg (23KB, 249x304px) Image search: [Google]
0-lcJAqbd7xr0SHlor.jpg
23KB, 249x304px
>>6366206
TJ Omega is the Lord of Cringe
>>
>>6366191
If you think Vangelus and Emgo are equally annoying you probably have some kind of brain disease.
>>
File: Cm6202nWcAAZwZl[1].jpg (99KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
Cm6202nWcAAZwZl[1].jpg
99KB, 1200x812px
>>6366258
DUDE... TATOR TOTS AND FROZEN YOGURT xD
>>
File: 20140122-202703.jpg (846KB, 1810x2047px) Image search: [Google]
20140122-202703.jpg
846KB, 1810x2047px
bbts currently has the UT warlord listed for $120. Seems like a good deal, is he worth it for that price?

I dont own any predaking figures and i always did like how close he was to the toon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>6365665
At least that looks better than this wideload.
>>
>>6366166
Are you retarded? Read the whole discussion.
>>
>>6366258
Vagelus's caption shtick is annoying.
Emgo's "There you have that , there you have that."
>>
>>6366017
Official 3rd party figures are forbidden from transforming because it would be in direct competition with the has/tak brand.
>>
File: DB33Sh7VwAI3qAv.jpg (38KB, 960x581px) Image search: [Google]
DB33Sh7VwAI3qAv.jpg
38KB, 960x581px
>>
File: DB33Ut-VoAAC9Kr.jpg (74KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
DB33Ut-VoAAC9Kr.jpg
74KB, 960x717px
>>
File: DB33RczUMAMm83h.jpg (122KB, 1200x1061px) Image search: [Google]
DB33RczUMAMm83h.jpg
122KB, 1200x1061px
>>
>>6365774
This is what third part actually means. What we call 3P should be called unlicensed or independent toys.
>>
>>6366217
This is correct
>>
>>6366426
>>6366425
>>6366424

Holy shit he looks good.
>>
>>6366309
At 120 yes
>>
>>6366309
Look at the reviews and come to a conclusion yourself.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it.
>>
>>6366424
>>6366425
>>6366426
these remind me of Xovergen's for some reason
>>
>>6366375
At least you can just not read the captions.
>>
File: Collage1.jpg (499KB, 1486x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Collage1.jpg
499KB, 1486x1155px
>>
>>
>>
>>
Watching wotafa's review and in light of the reports of ROTF Bludgeon's threads rotting and melting the figure, I really wish Susanoo didn't have that stupid head or that partsforming turret or those Krabby patty thighs.
Literally the only significant issue I have with its looks, since having the tank skeleton guy not being skeletal enough feels like a mayor oversight.
>>
>>6366523
>>6366524
I prefer DX9's but I doubt I'll pick up either, nigga is too damn big.

Omega Supreme's boring design is not worth the sacrifice of all that space.
>>
>>6366212
I think beta still has some way to go but alpha should be up for PO within the year. This is all based on the "lazy" on tfw
>>
>>6366895
I hope he'll be out this year but idk how reliable that is with mmc's schedule.
>>
>>6366895
>>6366950

MMC has been releasing turd after gold recently. I hope this one is a good mold. Titanica is underwhelming as fuck but I heard Tarn is gud. The Jaeger mold was so trash it makes me nervous.
>>
>>6366895
>>6366950
>>6366969

LazyAutist confirmed deadlock and drift from the mold will be done. It's another Jaeger situation where they'll shit out 3 different retools of the same character.
>>
>>6366977

As long as the mold is good I don't have a problem with this.
>>
>>6366424
>>6366425
>>6366426
We got colored shots of Thunder Erebus before Thunder Manus?

Maybe that means a quicker release because it looks like I'll be shelling out for the fucking edgelord edition again.
>>
>>6366424
>>6366425
>>6366426

If this comes with exclusive shit again i'm down.
>>
>>6366424
>>6366425
>>6366426
Robots that upgrade, armor up, combine or otherwise enhance themselves are my favorite play pattern. It's the entire reason I picked up MP Star Saber and KFC Simba, as well as a number of Titans Return figures.

This guy scratches that itch incredibly well and the Nemesis color scheme is sexy as fuck. Pre orders fucking when.
>>
>>6366426
how tall is it?
>>
>>6366523
>>6366524
>>6366526
>>6366527
I think DX9 nailed the proportions a bit better but proportions excepted, FT's seems more accurate (alt modes aren't even comparable). I'll stay with FT for this one.

Now if DX9 could reveal a really accurate Seaspray, that would be ace. All the released/announced ones are terrible.
>>
>>6367605
if i remember right from the gray proto at tfcon last fall it was about voyager height, large voyager at that
>>
File: 4733e2bagy1fggeii7w2nj217v1s64gy.jpg (382KB, 1400x2048px) Image search: [Google]
4733e2bagy1fggeii7w2nj217v1s64gy.jpg
382KB, 1400x2048px
>>
File: 4733e2bagy1fggeikoygoj21kw11qqeq.jpg (570KB, 2048x1358px) Image search: [Google]
4733e2bagy1fggeikoygoj21kw11qqeq.jpg
570KB, 2048x1358px
>>
>>
>>6367835
>>6367842
>>6367848
Wait. That shit is licenced?
>>
>>6367835
>>6367842
>>6367848
I'm absolutely not feeling that beige plastic on the chest, it looks terrible. Still hyped as hell though, I really hope this thing actually makes it out. On that note, whoever is doing those pics is playing with fucking fire by using official logos and shit.
>>
>>6367835
>Chrome-like paint

Barf. Looks solid otherwise but I can't stand that stuff.
>>
>>6367855
I don't think so, pretty sure those aren't "official" DX9 photos.
>>
>>6367857
>On that note, whoever is doing those pics is playing with fucking fire by using official logos and shit.
>playing with fire
>China
>IP laws

I mean, yeah, sure, Blizzard could spend assloads of money to try and fight it, only for them to close shop with absolutely no repercussions and reopen the next day with a new sign on the front door, but really, why bother?
>>
JUST
>>
>>
>>6367900
>>6367901

Ehh, MT's looks best so far.
>>
>>6367886
I mean yeah it'd be hard to 100% block a release, but if there's one company that WOULD try to do it, it's blizzard. Especially now that they're actually in the high-end toy market. Even sending a C&D to domestic shops like tfsource would suck, I don't want to go through the taobao hoops I had to to get that bootleg D.VA and widowmaker.

>>6367900
>>6367901
Wow, I'm feeling pretty good about getting downbeat right about now.
>>
>>
>>6367900
>>6367901
I honestly really like this guy's aesthetics; he reminds me of a really detailed 80's OVA for whatever reason. And I love all the racing decals. The MT one is just boring to me.
>>
File: ceb62630ly1fggkdpmqr1j21kw1ucqkx.jpg (901KB, 2048x2388px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630ly1fggkdpmqr1j21kw1ucqkx.jpg
901KB, 2048x2388px
>>
>>6368014
>>
>>6368014
>>6368018

>Chogokin/gundam multiple effect hand parts

More TF companies need to get on this.
>>
>>6367872
It's worse, I'm sure that's diecast. If so, expect those joints to last a week.
>>
>>6368030

More companies have finally started to get on the accessory train. We've been seeing extra faces a lot lately in both official and unofficial stuff. More companies need to do better hands though. That MP shit is fucking atrocious with the solid fused fingers and a barely functional pointer.
>>
>>6368066

Hypothetically KFC/XTB hands are the best but joint tolerances on tiny ball joints are had to nail.

A good set of those, a pair of molded fists, a dynamic splayed hand, and a pointing hand are my ideal "all situation" hand accessories.
>>
>>6368066
>That MP shit is fucking atrocious with the solid fused fingers and a barely functional pointer.

I doubt we'll be seeing better hands from hastak as long as they have to survive breakage tests. Small, fully articulated fingers are usually the most brittle part of a figure by default. I was genuinely surprised to see LG Godbomber have a balljointed thumb.

Plus, knowing Takara they'd just use articulated fingers as another excuse to hike MP prices up another 20$.
>>
>>6367835
>>6367842
>>6367848
This guy looks great thus far.
Where would be the best place to pre-order one?
I am pretty new to the 3pTF scene.
>>
>>6368166

These new hands are an okay compromise. I don't know why they didn't just go full FansToys and make every finger hinged in several places.
>>
>>6368066
You my nigga. I wouldn't really mind the regular crappy MP hands if they at least had other sculpted options available, like what SoCs do.
>>
Uniquetoys' Warlord, the full set of 5, is on tfsource for $120, is he worth it at that price?
>>
>>6368014
>>6368018
Waiting still for the color shots of Bruticus, but glad that Shockwave is looking nice.
>>
>>6368188
If Blizzard doesnt throw a massive fit over it you'll be able to get it as the regular places like BBTS, TFSource, Chosen Prime, maybe a few others.
>>
>>6368284
>Blizzard getting mad at Overwatch ripoff merch

The irony there is that Overwatch itself is already a ripoff. It's just Team Fortress 2 with tits. The only reason people pretend otherwise is that the SJWs said mean things about the tits so they feel obligated to like it as a form of protest.

I swear, an easy way to make shitloads of money off gamer retards would be to put in low effort and cash into the actual game, but fake an SJW attack campaign. It would sell like crazy out of sympathy. Make another crappy idly game that took you all of 3 days and $0 to produce but make the main character a girl with huge tits, anger the feminists or sockpuppet on twitter, make enough money for life.
>>
>>6368324

I've played tf2 for like 1500 hours and I promise you it is nothing like Overwatch. TF2 is a mechanically skill based game while Overwatch is a communication based ult management simulator.

Please don't make the comparison it triggers me.
>>
File: 1497020060099.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1497020060099.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>6368018
>>6368014

>The MP could have been this color
>>
>>6368418
>a 3rd party can produce a more accurate color in plastic than the actual license holders
>and they also don't need to douse the whole fucking toy in paint that chips if you so much as look at it wrong or fucks with tolerances

This is why I stick to the main line for cheapo fun toys and 3P's for expensive stuff.
>>
File: warlording.gif (1MB, 1198x896px) Image search: [Google]
warlording.gif
1MB, 1198x896px
>>6366309
The tolerances are very iffy, considering it was based on a kitbash. The wing backpack in particular holds on so tightly that it tends to damage the clips when it's pulled off. The gestalt's thigh swivels are also very loose out of the box, but I'm sure that can be fixed.

As far as Predacon representations, everyone looks good in robot mode, and most look ok in beast mode. Also everyone is a manageable size instead of being gigantic.
>>
>>6368428

>Was hype for laserwave to replace Quakewave
>They picked the worst shade of purple in existence because some fucking ancient Korean screenshot he was this terrible color
>tfw still waiting on a KO in literally any shade that doesn't suck fucking balls
>>
>>6368418
For as much as people shit on it, the lavender really grew on me.

It's pretty rare to see a nice purple, though. A lot of Shockwaves are so dark they might as well be black.
>>
>>6368430

I've got Quakeblast, he's pretty nice. I think the color is pretty much exactly what Shockwave should be, but thats just me. Hell, the Hasbro Legends figure is the same shade or near enough, and looks the proper color, unlike the Takara MP.
>>
>>6363759
>Cartoon Lord Raptor from when he made a demo tape
My sides
>>
>Quakewave
>Quakeblast
Quakestorm when?
>>
>>6368441

>Slightly upscaled KO Laserwave in a darker purple and better hip joints
>"Quakestorm"

I'd pay 150 for it desu. That or a perfect fusion v.2 Quakewave.
>>
Guys I'm new to transformers.
Is Robot Kingdom a decent place to purchase from? Thanks in advance for your opinions
>>
>>6368447
No horror stories, but their shipping is among the worst in the game. Their slow shipping is some of the longest around, and anything around a week is crazy expensive. They get some stuff way earlier than other sites, but that's the best thing they have going for them.
>>
>>6368447
Their international shipping rates are by far the worst around, but otherwise they're pretty good.

I wouldn't buy from them unless you live asia or they're having a sale that would make up for the cost of shipping.
>>
>>6368445

Quakewave with Quakeblast legs would be perfect.
>>
>>6367926

Yeah I actually really dig him because he looks like a MP of the old toy to me. I've always loved that dumb little thing.
>>
>>6367879
Paint would help him but this i sfine
>>
>>6368456
>>6368461
Damn you guys weren't kidding about the shipping costs.
Anywhere I can still get MP36 Megatron in the States for a decent price?
>>
>>6368508
They're reissuing Megatron next december and you can pre-order that on most sites. If you want it now though you're shit out of luck if you think you're gonna get MSRP or anything close to a fair price.
>>
>>6368516

I really hope his reissue has some better tolerances or else I'm just never going to transform him.
>>
File: 06 07 ape 01.jpg (670KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
06 07 ape 01.jpg
670KB, 1000x1500px
KFC continues the trend of releasing something that looks amazing but will probably be a huge piece of shit.
>>
>>6368519
Only one worth mentioning is the idiot on TFW idiot who bought a BlackZarak for 2k, broke it immediately and had a complete freak out >>6367431

If you're interested in getting a Dinobot, though, Takara is making a fairly impressive looking MP.
>>
>>6368545
Thanks for the link to the story and heads up about Dinobot. I'm a tourist and didn't realize this was a 3rd party thread.
>>
File: zar.jpg (197KB, 1276x710px) Image search: [Google]
zar.jpg
197KB, 1276x710px
speaking of this guy just came in. I'm torn. I want one version of the mold to be a bruiser and a throne for rioter despotron or Striker Noir. This guy has better colors and the spear but Pandinus has the con symbol tail that makes it work perfect as a throne...but those gaudy colors are killing me. I guess whichever one goes on fire sale first is the one I pick up.
>>
File: A weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg (233KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
A weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg
233KB, 2048x1360px
>>6368695
Disappointed they didn't show off this functionality.
>>
>>6367911
Which figure is this? I only check in on 3P stuff on occasion.
>>
>>6368746
toyworld springer.
There are about 4 more 3rd party springers in the horizon and one other that has already been released by unique toys.
>>
>>6368536

Ehh, it's face looks like it has down syndrome to me for some reason, and the ape mode arms look really gangly. I know the original toy was kind of like that, but fucks sake, Grapeape over there really needs a more modern take with better design over all. Basically, CHUGify the guy and give him a nice, beefy ape mode.
>>
>>6368536
Probably kek, its already confirmed. Check out peaughs review for a good laugh. The thing breaks and can't stay together through out the whole review, but he has to force himself to try to sell it. The backpack is so heavy and unsecured, he can't even get the figure to stand properly.
>>
>>6368728
It's possible to do that with Pandinus?
>>
>>6368927

Yes. It's pretty much the same mild and nothing there changed between versions. You could probably stick the striker mold in there too.
>>
Jeeze, when did azalea get expensive?
>>
>>6368927
Just tested with mine, you can't natively but you can pop out a piece to achieve the same result. However I'm 90% confident it's identical to Devil Stinger in this regard.
>>
>>6368695
>>6368728
What megatron is that?
>>
>>6369072

Rioter Despotron by MakeToys.
>>
>>6369118
Thanks, hot damn he looks cool.
>>
>>
>>
>>6369213
>>6369217
Ibs dat sum Gabriel?
>>
Do any oversized citybots exist out there?
I'd really love to get me a gigantic metroplex or trypicon.
>>
>>6369280

Metroplex is already 20" tall.how big we talking about here?
>>
Anyone else have issues with their Despotron? I feel like the placement for the gun barrel on his back doesn't lock is at all and can lean over with little to no pressure.

I like him a lot, but that + he's a bit difficult to pose, otherwise I'd think he's perfect.
>>
>>6369371

It does tend to tilt a bit, but it doesn't go too far off the mark. I really only notice it after I pick him up and set him down again. I think it's because the bar inside the barrel is diecast (I think?), the extra weight may cause it to tilt a little?
>>
Messing around with Sovereign, probably the best possible MP Galvs I can see there being unless Takara does something astounding.

Just wish his chest was plastic instead of die-cast though. He's so damn heavy.
>>
File: Figs2Buy2.png (2MB, 2271x1571px) Image search: [Google]
Figs2Buy2.png
2MB, 2271x1571px
Recently came into some money, and I decided I may want to get a couple of 3P items I'd been eyeing for a while now.

Anyone have any input on Archenemy and Gorira (and Oraku Saki)? I really want them, but that price tag is sort of scaring me off... I definitely have the money for them though.
>>
>>6369421
i have gorira, and he really is great. solid, hefty, poseable, you name it. my only real complaint is that the ground vehicle mode doesn't have anywhere to tab in his arms, so they just kind of hang there. other than that, i have no complaints.
>>
>>6369421
Gorira is mindblowing. There's a bit of a cheap feeling there at first, between the color and some of the hollow bits(for engineering sake, not so much cheapness), but once you really get into him you can appreciate all the work put int a design that could've been very simple on the surface.

Archenemy has a great feel to him, big, chunky, and heavy. My main complaint with him is purely aesthetic; I think his head doesn't look evil enough and the truck mode is a bit underdetailed. Still, he feels like a supersized, tweeked version of the older toy and that's pretty cool.
>>
>>6369421
>Anyone have any input on Archenemy

He had an issue with his arms somewhere that I recall, from tolerances being a bit too tight. I don't think it was widespread, but I do remember there being at least 1 incident.
>>
>>6369421
>Oraku Saki

Its a decent figure, but the price doesn't match up to the quality of the figure at all. At most it should have cost $80.
>>
>>6369338
Bigger.
>>
>>6368018
>>6368418
Speaking of MP, what's the scale on this Shockwave?
>>
>>6369917
legends
>>
More 3P companies would get my $$ if they weren't all doing the same exact characters in MP or Legends scale. Maketoys got my $$ for Striker Manus because it was unique. From all indications, it is selling quite well for them. I'd like to see both more unique toys like that as well as a broader ranger of characters. Let's see some Brave love. or RiD 2001.
>>
>>6370029
Same. Admittedly, I love legends class have bought a lot of 3P ones, but I really miss generations-scale. MP scale does nothing for me. I don't really care about the MP line except for a select few and now companies are doing non-G1 MP figures that I would kill for at a smaller size. I just hope companies like Planet X keep it up with their WfC/FoC stuff.
>>
>>6365574

My Desire to know more Intensifies.
>>
>>6366424
>>6366425
>>6366426

Man they Anounce this motherfucker the day after I order a Striker Noir.

Going to keep and eye on this one.
>>
Anyone has the IDW styled J4ZZ?
How it is? The review of that GT Optimus (plus that comic looking Prowl) made me interested into starting collecting them
>>
File: a535e437gy1fgipl5t96uj20qo0zk7ai.jpg (247KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a535e437gy1fgipl5t96uj20qo0zk7ai.jpg
247KB, 960x1280px
Colored/unpainted test shot of SXS Hot Flame
>>
File: a535e437gy1fgipl7g1krj20qo0zk0yx.jpg (247KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a535e437gy1fgipl7g1krj20qo0zk0yx.jpg
247KB, 960x1280px
Alt mode looks good enough, I'm just worried that it seems to not have waist articulation
>>
>>6370071
Lovely.
>>
>>6370071
Torso looks a bit long but maybe that's needed for transformation.
>>
I'm new to this 3rd party stuff (as in I don't know shit about them). Would you guys have any recommendations for Soundwave, Ravage, Starscream or Shockwave?
>>
>>6370205
That depends, what generation do you need? G1? IDW? Independent designs?
>>
>>6370209
All of them are fine.
>>
File: ShockwaveAndSonPosing.jpg (601KB, 1462x1212px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveAndSonPosing.jpg
601KB, 1462x1212px
>>6370205
>>6370241

The best overall Soundwave is the official MP. He just got a re-release too a few months back, so you can still find him for normal prices, not scalper-fuck-yo-wallet prices. If you want a bigger Ravage to go with Soundwave, theres Ocular Max's (a subline of MMC), who is also putting out a bigger version of the birds as well.

Starscream, you're shit out of luck unless you like Legends sized figures, in which case, grab Iron Factory's new Not-Starscream.

For Shockwave, you want either Quakeblast or Quakewave, depending on which you think is better. I got Quakeblast personally. Theres also an upcoming Legends figure for him from Iron Factory, and it'll probably be good. The official Legends figure is also pretty damn great.
>>
>>6370274
Thanks. Quakeblast looks pretty perfect. The IF Starscream would be rather good too, just too bad that the hands are like that.
>>
>>6370285

The best hope for a non-Legends Starscream is the Maketoys ones, but they're a long ways off probably. Theres a War/Fall of Cybertron one by Planet X though, if you like that design, and it's Voyager-ish sized IIRC.

Still, the IF Legends sized one is probably gonna be great, IF makes good stuff.
>>
>>6370285

Oh, and some things to note on Quakeblast:

Like pretty much every MP-sized Shockwave, be careful with his gun hand. Shits fragile on all of them. DO NOT put on the solid barrel attachment for Quakeblast, you'll snap the gun hand right the fuck off. Use the flexible barrel attachment that forms his backpack.
>>
>>6370325
The Maketoys version looks promising, but I'll take a closer look at the others, too. I don't mind the War of Cybertron design, but it's not really one of my favorites.

>>6370330
Good to know. Are there any problems with the paint, does it start to chip off if I move the joints too often?
>>
>>6370071
His head looks better
>>
>>6370205
Soundwave : Takara MP
Ravage : Takara MP if you want it to store into Soundwave, MMC Jaguar if you want it somewhat in scale in jaguar mode
Starscream : wait for the upcoming MakeToys one
Shockwave : Takara MP of you like good engineering, fun transformation and accuracy, Quakewave or Quakeblast if you're a diecast whore
>>
>>6370382

Due to the design of the purple shoulder pads, it's possible to scratch the silver off of the joint that goes into the body if you angle them certain ways while moving it forward or back. But honestly, you'll probably never notice the paint scrape unless you look for it, and it's easy to touch it up if you do it. It's a design flaw, really.

>>6370387
>MP Shockwave
>accuracy

Not with that color scheme.
>>
>>6370072
>I'm just worried that it seems to not have waist articulation
Nah, check again where the waist connects to the crotch. It looks like there's a cut there for it to swivel.

I'm torn though. Bot mode looks great but the alt mode looks awful. To be fair, it looked retarded in the comic as well but still. Part of why I like Transformers is actually transforming them and when they turn into some non-descript "sort of looks like a vehicle kinda" it really bums me out. There's a lot more of that going around with Cybertronian alt modes but we've still seen plenty of Cybertronian modes that still managed to have a distinct shape and clearly recognizable function to them before and those have usually been great. Hot Rod's alt mode is a mess and it translates to an ugly toy representation that just looks like a mashed up robot with wheels.

MMC gets the alt mode down much better but because the alt mode looks like crap by design, it hardly means much and the bot mode looks pretty bad and has that ugly hotdog colored hips.

Why can't somebody take some liberties and give us an IDW bot mode but go off the books for the alt mode that actually looks like something?
>>
>>6370392
Especially with that color scheme.
>>
>>6370387
MMC would probably be better, since I wouldn't be keeping it stored that much anyway.
>>
>>6370397
>has that ugly hotdog colored hips.

Didn't they change that?
>>
File: TFDreamFactory.jpg (41KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
TFDreamFactory.jpg
41KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>6370387

>Takara MP if you want weak hips, lavender paint scheme, and an undersized robot.
>>
>>
>>6370205

Depends on what you like.

Soundwave just got a very nice and cheap Legends scale fig. Iron factory has a less exciting one being a blaster remold. Avoid sonicron.

Ocular max has a 1:1 tape deck sized mp ravage who is baller. There's a Legends tank ravage that comes with the IF Legends Soundwave.

Starscream has a bunch. MMC made a steam punk hearts of steel one. I gear made the idw inspired seekers with bad faces. Maketoys has two MP ones in the works, one g1, one galaxy force. Dx9 and iron factory released a g1 and a idw Legends set. Planet X made a really good WFC/FOC screamer at voyager scale. Shape-shifting did one at legends scale.

Soundwave has like 3 different mps, a steampunk hearts of steel boat former from Mmc, a few accessory pack things for combines from Warburton and fansproject, and iron factory'a upcoming legend.
>>
>>6370473

Damn that looks nice. Hope it isn't shit.
>>
>>6370473
who's this supposed to be?
>>
>>6370562

One of the Road Ceaser cucks which are cannonically Star saber's group of best bud fuckboys from some jap cartoon.
>>
>>6370071
>>6370385
I feel like his eyes are too close together or his face it too narrow, it makes him look kinda stupid.
>>
>>6370562
Laster, one of Road Caesar's legs
>>
File: no zaku boy.jpg (46KB, 562x750px) Image search: [Google]
no zaku boy.jpg
46KB, 562x750px
>once omega supreme is mass produced we'll crush the federation in no time
>>
>>6368861
>peaugh
Dude hamhands the fuck out of everything in his rush to be first. Chosen Prime tabbed the backpack in properly and it works fine.

KFC has put out some absolute shit but I'll wait for a more competent reviewer before I write them off since they've improved a lot.
>>
>>6370588

He looks worse than the FT version but I can't figure out why. I don't know if I'm turning into a fanboy or what but I can't explain why I like FT version more. They're very similar. Maybe it's the color? The wider wings?
>>
new >>6370668
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.