[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buy it, or just wait for a rerelease?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 63b448602b5f637d6d297f5fbb2d3775.jpg (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
63b448602b5f637d6d297f5fbb2d3775.jpg
156KB, 1000x1000px
So I've never bought a figma before, but I've seen them in display cases and they look really good. This figure would be my first figma purchase. Buuuut it's expensive as hell and I'm not sure if an old figure like this is worth it, especially when the current Berserk anime gives chance for an improved figure like the what they did with Saber 2.0.

What do I do, /toy/? Come and help this retard out, because money is a precious thing.
>>
It's never getting a reissue.
>>
>>6361844
A boy can dream can't he?
>>
>>6361842
Just don't get it. I use to have this figure. I love Berserk but I sold mine cause this thing is a bitch and a half to pose around and a lot of it is cause of the cape and the torso joint falling out every god damn time you try to pose him. It wasn't worth the frustration at $80 it's def not worth it at $140. I would've kept this figure if it wasn't for those two glaring flaws. Really wish the could've made the cape cloth or atleast poseable.
>>
>>6361846
Not really. It's an exclusive Figma, those never get reissued.

>>6361850
I didn't have as bad of a time as this anon, but the cape is definitely a problem if you're not gonna use a stand. It's too heavy to support itself in most poses. It's a nice figure, it looks good and poses well, just...be prepared to use stand support for dat cape. Or commission a custom one out of cloth and wire, which would probably be better.
>>
>>6361862
>Not really. It's an exclusive Figma, those never get reissued.
If they make a 2.0 because of the 2016 anime, there's nothing keeping them from doing that, as it'd be a new sculpt with updated articulation.

Not talking about the likelihood of that happening, but it'not impossible.
>>
SP figmas don't get re-releases. That said, I'd take the advice of >>6361934. I think there's a fair chance that we'll get another one, and hopefully with a non-helmeted head.
>>
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, found an unopened one at mandarake for 150 euros including shipping so i went for it.
Like other people said, SP figmas don't get re-released and the price for this figure will definitely go up. That's why i decided to get it.
>>
>>6361842
The Berserker armor is a limited edition release, and those never get reissues.
I have the figma and honestly, it isn't worth the $150-$200 it goes for now. On the other hand it will just keep getting harder to get one so it's your choice. But it's a lot of money for what it actually is.

I say just wait for other upcoming Berserk figures, there's ThreeZero that has a 1/6 scale Berserker armor articulated figure in the works and I predict it will be about $250 including shipping when it goes up for pre-order in the future.
>>
>>6362096
>>6362122
Giant Warrior says hi
>>
>>6362608
Wasn't it sold exclusively at a museum the first time it got released? Maybe that's why they re-released it to be sold everywhere.
>>
>>6362608
>cherrypicks the one time it has happened even when it was just sold early at an exhibit compared to being bundle with some sort of physical media like a bunch of other SP figma that haven't been reissued
wow good job
>>
>>6362708
>You were wrong

You get a sticker at least.
>>
File: 1487375342498.jpg (204KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487375342498.jpg
204KB, 1800x1000px
Consider the following:

Saber Lily originally bundled with Fate Unlimited Codes years ago

Saber Lily (identical design but upgraded sculpt) releasing October this year

Of course, Fate is much more popular than Berserk.
>>
>>6362868
Still needed 9 years and the ridiculous popularity of Fate/Grand Order for it to happen. And we're talking about the cash cow of the Fate franchise.

I wouldn't really get my hopes up for a 2.0 armor Guts if I was you.
>>
>>6362695
The rerelease wasn't a general release - it was initially only sold at a museum exhibition like you said, and then they did a limited run on the GSC online shop.
>>
>>6363046
I guess it would depend on how well the Godhand sell to show there is still some willingness to shell out money on the IP, for there to be a good consideration by GSC.
>>
>>6363065
Well already Femto is still in stock at some places and I'm pretty sure the reason why they made the prices so high for the Godhand figmas is because they don't think lots of people will buy them anyway.
Besides, Berserk as a franchise is just not on the same league of popularity as are Fate and Idol stuff.
They haven't announced anything even when the game was released and first TV anime season was airing so at this point it's just wishful thinking.
>>
File: CAM00072.png (1MB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00072.png
1MB, 750x1000px
So I finally got mine today, I'm pretty happy with the figure, brand new with accesories, manga and postcards. My only complaint is the chest joint being a bit loose, it's not a problem but it could be tighter, I heard applying nail polish to a joint can make it tighter is this a good idea? Anyway here's a pic.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.