[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night i made a very, very long toy railway :)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: togbane002.jpg (938KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
togbane002.jpg
938KB, 1600x1067px
WE MADE A HUGE "BRIO" RAILWAY :D
Two "men" became boys for a day and a night, time well wasted ;)

The long straight is about 65m, and in total we expect to have build about 500m of railway.

It was quite dark when we called it a day, but we made a (out of focus) video of the project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYbXH1r24t0
A better focused version from the other end is also avaible, starts about 6:30:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwl1fPOJ28

The bricks are part of an art project, they are not real "brio", but oversized and with text (one word) ingraved into every single brick - Art project by Anders Bonnesen from Denmark and part of an exhibition in and around the building.
>>
I was about to be like "Oh, well done".. BUT, WHAT?! How fucking long did that just take?!
Not sure if im to be impressed or scared
>>
File: togbane005.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
togbane005.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
>>6360480
In effective time i guess we only used about 6 hours (We were two building).
Added another picture with more details :P
>>
>>6360473
>>6360483
That's pretty sweet.
>>
>>6360473
I'd applaud you, but did you literally do this in a public street? What the ehll man, that not only inconveninces people getting to and from places, but cmon, Are you a 10 year old? Play with your shit inside your house, not in public dude.
>>
>>6360473
Now strap a GoPro to a toy train and film its course.
>>
>>6360473
>Make a railway
>Just walk around showing the track
>Dont put a train on it or anything.

Well what the fucks even the point man? Get a camera on a train and record it or something.
>>
>>6360487
Hah, thanks for the angry replay :P
The place is part of an "art" exhibition, so its the idea that people use the bricks. Now its been there for a month, and i would guess a total of 50 bricks had been used - So we decided that it was time to honor the artist :D

So the area is open, the chickens are also a art project (... WTF?!).
>>
>>6360490
>>6360491
Totaly agree, but its not standard BRIO size, so we havent found a train in the right dimension. :'(
WILL SEARCH FOR ONE :P
>>
Due to the HUGE interest, i will show a short timelapse too :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blo619aZAdY
Its as long as the battery on the gopros lasted ;)

We did a job trying to find a train, or something that could do it as a train, and found some possible ideas - BUT, due to cleaning, people in the building etc... The railway isnt in the shape it used to be :( It has many broken areas :'(
>>
>>6360493
He made the tracks, right? Can't you guys just make the train? To be honest, he would do well to make several engines that move along on their own, each with a different punctuation mark on them.

And since you're not the artist and this is an installation, is there any worry about Anders getting angry that you've posted his work before it's shown? I know some artists get pretty mad about that kind of thing.
>>
>>6360493
The fuck was the point.

No Mallard or Flying Scotsman on the tracks!
>>
File: train2017.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
train2017.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>6363132
My english may not be the best - This IS the exhibition, it is on show, it is there, to be played with :) I mailed Anders some photos and he was thrilled about the fact that someone (finaly) used it and asked for pictures in daylight - But as you can see on the attatchment, it wasnt quite the same :(

The train idea with a punctuation is great i must say :D
Moving trains would give it quite a lot of life, but also kinda require that the tracks were completed most of the time ;)
>>
>>6360473
What, did normal shoulder deep in ass degenerate sex get too stale for you
>>
>>6363557
Ah, got it! Well that's cool! Do the tracks come together to form any actual sentences or coherent statements, or are they all just random strings of words?
>>6363902
2 years conceptual art studies can't drive the fun out of my brain.
>>
>>6363915
The words on the tracks come from a book: "Rejse i mit Kammer", you should be able to write the whole book in parts, but the amount of common words has been limited, so you would not be able to write the book as a whole at once.

I have previously made a few sentenses with the tracks, but with 2.500 bricks, its hard to find something that makes good sense, and on the floor, noboddy would ever notice it.

>>6363588
Kinda, we had that for starters, then moved on to the rail stuff ;)
>>
>>6360473
That is very awesome, anon. I wish I could build tracks for a whole day, seems like a lot of fun.
>>
>>6364377
Take a day off and go to Denmark, or wait a couple of months and the brick will be in Germany instead :P
>>
Thanks awesome. Love when people use crafting toys in massive scale projects.

Thanks for sharing this with us, my dude.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.