[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General : Spider-Gwen soon edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 75

File: DBNMLXcUQAAnQ5Q.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DBNMLXcUQAAnQ5Q.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
Sometimes a storm is just a storm.

>JUNE
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Woody(Toy Story)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)

>SEPTEMBER
Wolverine
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fuujin
Game Classics Vol.1 Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Game Classics Vol.1 EX Golden Armor Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

>OCTOBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01
Evangelion Evolution EVA-03

>TBA
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Dino Getter 1
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Samurai (rumor)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

>MIA?
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
http://kt-jizai.com/.
>>
Previous >>6339478

I also added a MIA section for items likely to have been canceled.
>>
>over 5 weeks and no venom

what do
>>
>>6358046

Is there a date for the Spiderman rerelease? I want one, but HLJ has that shit on order stop and didn't even have Deadpool anymore, and buying one but not the other is useless to me because I won't save shit and might as well get them in the US at jacked up prices because if I have to get them both separately it'll cost about as much.
>>
>>6358053

Who did you order from, and what shipping method did you use?

nb4 didn't use EMS.
>>
>>6358055
I see 24th for Spider-Man. After this so called reboot, Amazing Yamaguchi Revos are all supposed to be available. Not sure when, or if one at a time though.
>>
>>6358055
? and Deadpool has been available for like a week on HLJ btw.
>>
>>6358069

I just checked yesterday and it wasn't even on the site. Searching brought up nothing.
>>
>>6358079
Weird. Still like that? Just in case, here.

http://hlj.com/product/KYDR01300
>>
are the mass produced eva figures gonna be rereleased? or just the newer style eva figs
>>
>>6358103
No idea. Probably just the new movies group, Evolution type and the later Q ones. Then, maybe, since they bother writing it, something brand new.
>>
After ordering Wolverine and playing the Deadpool game I decided to join the bandwagon and ordered all the Marvel Revoltechs so far.

Only weird thing that I got was on Spider-man. It said "tentative pre-order" which was the first time I saw on AmiAmi.
>>
Is it just me or does Venoms right elbow (the one on the left if youre looking at him face to face) not go into its peg enough? like the hole should have been deeper.
>>
Man so many EVA model figures but so little in the articulated human character department.
>>
>>6358345
Imagine a Revo Shinji as articulated as Deadpool and Spider-Man.
>>
>>6358406
With alternate hand.
You know the one..
>>
>>6358442
a casually open palm coud do the trick just fine
>>
>>6358449
Do you plan on filling it up for him?
>>
>>6358459
you won't?
>>
Revo Superman when?
>>
Is there a actual date for Gwen yet or just any time between now and 30th?
>>
File: VenomPlayingWithVenom.jpg (760KB, 1650x1482px) Image search: [Google]
VenomPlayingWithVenom.jpg
760KB, 1650x1482px
>>6359532

I don't think toys usually get super specific dates. I kind of wish they did though, it's handy, coming from someone whose usual hobby is video games.
>>
File: IMG_3595.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3595.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>6358046
So Dino Getter and G3 Gamera are cancelled, right?

I guess the future of Getter Robo toys is limited to +100$ chogokins
>>
>>6359557
Most Jap lines do have exact dates
You have company sites like GSC and Tamashii with their calendars
You also have sites like figsoku that tell you release dates ahead of time too after getting review copies or something
Revo stuff is usually closer to the end of the month and you can find the exact day sometime before that
>>
File: VenomThumbsUp.jpg (401KB, 910x1082px) Image search: [Google]
VenomThumbsUp.jpg
401KB, 910x1082px
>>6360142

Really? Damn, thats nice.
>>
WTF they ditched Wolvie's cigar?
>>
>>6360241

what
>>
>>6360241
It's most likely due to Marvel's anti-smoking mandate, back when Joe Quesada was Editor in Chief. And before people bitch, that was before Disney bought them, so it's likely not Disney.
>>
>>6359978
I hope Dino Getter isn't, I need an affordable Dino Getter for my collection
>>
>>6360241
The cigar is at the bottom right, no?
>>
>>6360406
They made a statement saying it will be omitted from the final version, and have had retailers take the images with it down.
>>
>>6358330
Same here.
>>
>>6359532
24th, same as Spider-Man.

Amazon Japan is usually right if not the last day anymore
>>
>>6359978
No, it hasn't been that long since they were shown. What's with everyone? Do you guys not know how long these things take? I get the feeling you think once shown PO starts a month later.

Some can pop out of no where and that too can delay the over all schedule.

As of now the ones I put in MIA are the only things I think might be cancelled.
>>
>>6360347
Wolvie quit smoking?
>>
>>6360591
>Do you guys not know how long these things take?
No they don't because /toy/ is drowning in newfags these days.
>>
>>6360593
>Wolvie quit smoking?
Worse, they (all the smoking characters) just mysteriously dropped the act, including the villains
>>
>>6360241
Do they ditch the cigar hand too or not? You can easily put in Venom Snake's cigar if the hand is still there
>>
>>6358330
Same here except opposite arms. It's his left arm that has the issue for me
>>
Got venom and he isnt a wobbly mess. I feel blessed.
>>
so did some people get shit venoms or was the top-heaviness problem exaggerated
>>
>>6360768

Some people got shit Venom's, and the topheaviness isn't exaggerated. It's a little bit of both.
>>
>>6360733
>>6360768
>>6360776

waiting for mine... hope I won't get QC issues.
>>
>>6360639
It's still there I think.

I was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>6360776
Are the issues fixable?
>>
>>6360815
yeah, stick tissue paper or add a thin coat of acrylic paint to tighten up the socket

still shitty that you have to deal with this kind of thing for a 50 dollar figure
>>
>>6358046
> Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
> wha-?
> Googled it
> 14cm

Why bother? Just cancel it already.
>>
>>6360833
>still shitty that you have to deal with this kind of thing for a 50 dollar figure
I don't like that school of thought. Way better that it it can be fixed yourself. If a SHF had some issues there's not much you can do to it yourself.
>>
>>6360862
of course it's better that it CAN be fixed, but that doesn't make it less of a shitty situation

if I buy a new car with all flat tires, I don't tell the dealer I'm glad I can get it fixed easily, I tell him to get me a different car
>>
>>6360804
>>6360639
Seems like the cigar holding hand survived the cut on amiami and hlj official picture.

It might be just that they don't bother to retake the official stock photo and just removed the smoking wolverine picture though
>>
>>6360895
It'd be silly to get rid of the hand because it could be used to hold all kinds of things. Marvel would be straight up cunts demanding they ditch the hand for people wanting to make custom cigars or have him hold other stuff.
>>
>>6360638
>Worse, they (all the smoking characters) just mysteriously dropped the act, including the villains
every character? even JJ Jameson? Capt Stogie? The Smoker? Tobaconan!?
no acknowledgement at all? not even a panel?

Could've done something cool like having Jubilee or X23 take up smoking to because of
daddy Wolverine, since there's no health reason for him to stop smoking
>>
>>6360916
It doesn't just apply to Marvel, it applies to ALL Disney properties including Pixar and Star Wars stuff. It applies retroactively so all former smokers are no longer allowed to smoke, period. The only exceptions to this rule is if it's shown in a super negative light or done for historical accuracy in depicting a REAL PERSON who was a known smoker.

I think smoking is a disgusting self destructive habit but you know what else is pretty awful? Killing people. Drinking. Robbing. Trying to take over the world. Beating people up. Rape. If they REALLY think kids are going to start smoking because Wolverine does it when they are bombarded by all the negative consequences on a daily basis they are morons. The people who will still get into smoking would have gotten into it no matter what because the peer pressure isn't coming from their favorite characters but the assholes around them in the real world.
>>
>>6360928
All the Marvel characters no longer smoking was a Marvel mandate before Disney took over, FYI.

So yes, Disney also has a no-smoking thing, but, the Marvel one is a Joe Quesada special, not a Mouse-Mandate.
>>
File: ThingCigar_02-1.jpg (106KB, 799x530px) Image search: [Google]
ThingCigar_02-1.jpg
106KB, 799x530px
>>6360916
They at least has the decency to give JJ Jameson an acknowledgement and a character arc of stop smoking and get back together with his wife.

Other iconic smokers and cigar lovers like Wolverine, The Thing, just dropped the act completely without any explanation
>>
>>6361054
>just dropped the act completely without any explanation
I'd rather that than all of them getting a forced character arc. Just assume they still smoke "off-camera" even if they aren't allowed to show it.
>>
>>6361054
>"I already look like'a pile a rocks Johnny, I don't wanna sound like one too"
It's so easy, yet no one even fucking mentions it.
Goddamnit. This makes me want to write a fantastic four ongoing.
>>
>>6361847
But he already sounds like a pile of rocks, this would make zero sense hearing him say that. Pretty sure he'd give up smoking for his blind girlfriend though.
>>
Evagelion Mark.06 and Evangelion Mark.09 in November, followed by Evangelion Unit-02 and Evangelion Unit-04 in December.
>>
>>6360241
>WTF they ditched Wolvie's cigar?

Yes, Marvel characters are strictly forbidden from being shown smoking in any form of merchandise. It's one of the long list of rules sent out by Disney to their licensees.
>>
>>6362027
>It's one of the long list of rules sent out by Disney to their licensees
Except it was a Marvel mandate long before Disney acquired them, but sure okay
>>
>Find a small dot of white paint on Venom's back

FCK

I know its inevitable but I'm incredibly autistic about not fucking up my expensive toys.

Any tips for posing him by the way? the stand stretched his back peghole pretty sure and the clamp left an indent from the flat piece on his back.
>>
>>6362382

Yeah, mine has a scuff on the white symbol(should be easy to fix with some flat white paint) and a tiny dot or two of white on the black/shiny blue(fucking impossible to fix because where the fuck are you gonna find that color paint).

Still though, my joints are nice and tight and that is more important than any tiny paint issues.
>>
File: VenomFight.jpg (661KB, 1466x1220px) Image search: [Google]
VenomFight.jpg
661KB, 1466x1220px
>>6362382
>Any tips for posing him by the way?

He stands pretty well under his own power. Personally a trick I use is putting the bar inside his body. Honestly the worst part of the figure is the stand. The claw is just now big enough to really get a grip on the guy, the best you can do with it is maybe wrap it around a knee or elbow. And his main back peghole is, for whatever reason, angle DOWN so you can't really fit the peg in flush. Atop that it's right in his white painted symbol, so theres also a paint scraping concern possibly.
>>
Decided to get Dante a few weeks ago since I found one for an alright price and had some money to spare.

Aside from the face sculpt, which really is just the worst, the figure is surprisingly decent for mostly cut joints.
>>
>>6362604
Egad, that Wolvie looks really bad. Marvel Legends is just the worst line, I swear. Can't wait for Yamaguchi to tackle Cyclops, Beast, and more mutants.
>>
>>6362803
>the figure is surprisingly decent for mostly cut joints.
Are you implying cut joints are bad?
>>
File: doa.jpg~original.jpg (31KB, 627x377px) Image search: [Google]
doa.jpg~original.jpg
31KB, 627x377px
>>6363432
Cut joints get a bad rap because on paper they seem limited. Truthfully, if you think them out intelligently and place them right, cut joints can accomplish a lot without breaking up your sculpt much. Before Nightow invented the Revolver joint, and even a little bit afterwards, Yamaguchi and Kaiyodo were pushing the boundaries of what you could do with cut joints. A good example is the DOA trading figures, which had a few hinges but were mostly cut joints. And those things could fucking POSE.

I'm all for cut joints when done right, honestly. I really like my old Revos with dual cut hips, they get great range without having to deal with the limited Revolver hips.
>>
>>6363437
>old Revos with dual cut hips, they get great range without having to deal with the limited Revolver hips
Wouldn't cut joints wear out and become loose rather quickly and there is no way of replacing them with Revoltech joints like you could do with Revolver hips?

>Kaiyodo DOA trading figures
You have no idea how badly i want a Hayabusa Revoltech now.
>>
>>6363450
When cut joints get loose I just drip some Pledge floor polish in em, or if the toy allows for it I pull them apart and hit them with the hairdryer/freezer trick. Plastic-on-plastic cut joints are pretty easy to tighten back up honestly.

I also haven't run into that scenario yet with Revos, I have some really old ones, like an original issue Ingram 1 and Dougram from 2006, and they still have tight cut joints.
>>
>want more male character
>remember EVA-01 doesn't qualify
I'm surprised at another release and it's more that I've been wanting 'robot' figures lately. How is the ol' girl?
I have none of the others or any EVA merchandise (sadly), but it'd at least look unique in the collection.
>>
>>6363437
I got those and a few others from the pre-revo days. Moribito 2go is still my favorite Yamaguchi figure. Revos like Revy works pretty well too.

I was really, really impressed with Venom's cut joint hips. It was done in a style I believe was the very first of it's kind. It shows that Yamaguchi can still pull off cut joints and bring something new to the old technique. It really made me want him to do another cut joint and hinges action figures line, as a budget toy line, just so we could see a faster turnaround

>>6363450
>Wouldn't cut joints wear out and become loose rather quickly
Not really, the plastic or the surface treatment keeps things smooth yet tight, and nothing seems to get sanded down. The very very old ones could break easily, but they were cheaply made to begin with.
>>
File: 1494191396944.jpg (130KB, 900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1494191396944.jpg
130KB, 900x1400px
>>6363450
>You have no idea how badly i want a Hayabusa Revoltech now.
He's got a fucking perfect design for action poses, too. No baggy clothing or bulky pouches to get in the way, just a skintight ninja suit and a long-ass justice scarf they can attach with a joint. And then on top of that there's a ton of weapons he could come with besides the Dragon Sword, like the Vigoorian Flail or Lunar Staff.

And then on top they can throw in Doku or Genshin.
>>
>>6363450
>You have no idea how badly i want a Hayabusa Revoltech now.
With game classics being a thing now, I'm dying for both the classic and black style Ryu.
I hear the old NECA one was alright but 7 inch scale and lack of CUHRAZY isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>6363536
I have one of the Rebuild designs with the angel base, which I think is the one that's getting rereleased, and i really like it. It comes with a ton of accessories (not to mention the base!) and is fun to pose around. Honestly though all the Eva revos that I own are really fun, even the older ones.
>>
File: scythe.jpg (390KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scythe.jpg
390KB, 1280x720px
>>6364298
>on top of that there's a ton of weapons he could come with besides the Dragon Sword, like the Vigoorian Flail or Lunar Staff.

I hoping for something more big.
>>
>>6364769
Eh. Scythes are generally never fun for me in toy form. They're too big and unwieldy, and usually create balance issues. I'll take a more compact and balanced weapon like a sword or staff any day.
>>
>>6364769
is that Anor Londo?
>>
I wonder if Game Classics will tackle any fighting games, as we are seeing an increase in figures from other places.

The best choice they could do would be...DOA?
>>
>>6364785
I wouldn't mind the Falcon's talons. He can duel Wolverine then.
>>
File: 69ae6cff034e9f4ce1aa69736025202b.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
69ae6cff034e9f4ce1aa69736025202b.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
>>6364785
>>6366134

>Falcon's talons

I can deal with it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-230312.png (393KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-230312.png
393KB, 1080x1920px
Fuck
>>
>>6366492

We've known about this for weeks
>>
>>6366492
Time to cancel.
>>
Are htey remaking all the Eva units AGAIN or are they just re-releasing them?
>>
>>6366634
So far just re-makes of ones that have been made. They MIGHT end up making some new ones though since they didn't make all the units when they quit last time. I kinda wish they had re-sculpted EVA 01 because that face was fugly. The rest of the units were generally fine though.
>>
>>6366640
There's no guarantee the face would improve even if they did re-sculpt it. I mean, Yamaguchi has sculpted that head a dozen times now, why would the 13th be significantly better?

To be totally fair, Eva 01 has a weird and complex head shape that is really hard to nail down. Honestly, most toy companies get it wrong in one way or another--there are only a very small handful of Eva 01 headsculpts that I regard as anything close to perfect.
>>
>>6366634
>>6366640
>>6366945

Just make blue Unit 00 and I'll be happy
>>
>>6366582

Still the best wolverine action figure
>>
>>6367181
NEVER
>t. Anno faggot
>>
>>6365803
I'm hoping they do a Rick from Splatterhouse.
>>
Have Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen in the same order. What should I expect? I have Venom and he's fucking dope.
>>
>>6367415
Just watch a fucking review, you tool.
>>
>>6366492
>>6366582
>>6367240
B-but Wolverine without a cigar isn't Wolverine... and don't have hair in the arms and the claws looks sharp, that scare me. I just gonna buy the Marvel Legends because is cheap.
>>
>>6367371
It will never happen but let's hope against hope anon!
SH1 Rick and a Biggyman would be amazing.
>>
>>6367415
Spidey can be pretty gap-ey at times but does dynamic poses so easily and looks great in them. Not a big fan of the headsculpt, but it's good enough. Overall fun/10.
>>
>>6367655
Gap-ey? In what way?
>>
>>6367423
That's real fucking helpful. Too bad I don't know who's bad and who's good at your reviewing.
>>
>>6367482
The Marvel Legends goes for $50 now
>>
When will a prototype of Irys show up? She's the best kaiju out of the Hesei Gamera series next to Legion.
>>
>>6368212
It is barely $20. lol.
There's been several under $30 shipped no the BST and he was in stock on HasbroToyShop several times.
>>
>>6366492
Cancelled
>>
>>6366492
I'm a master sculptor, a cigar is easy to make so it doesn't affect me.
>>
Can people not actually make a tiny brown cylinder with a grey end on your own? Are you retarded, 5 years old, or missing some crucial fingers?
Who is seriously cancelling over a missing cigar, really.
>>
>>6368556
Its mainly easy bait.
>>
>>6368558
I figured as much, but feel like more effort should go into it in that case, make it funnier.
>>
File: IMG_4120.png (283KB, 1816x2446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4120.png
283KB, 1816x2446px
>tfw getting a revoltech with a fucked paint job

At least I had a gift card for it
>>
File: IMG_3795.gif (765KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3795.gif
765KB, 480x270px
>>6361958
Hype
>>
File: roll-a-joint-2.jpg (12KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
roll-a-joint-2.jpg
12KB, 625x415px
>>6360241
>>6366492
Thanks Kaiyodo/Marvel. Now I'm gonna make Wolvie smoke a joint instead.

Bet you regret that decision now, huh?
>>
File: raep.jpg (190KB, 1264x948px) Image search: [Google]
raep.jpg
190KB, 1264x948px
>>
Fuck , I missed out on ordering Kirin female hunter
>>
>>6367482
>he doesn't have venom snake
>he doesn't have the manual capabilities of making a simple cigar
sure, not shipping the figure with it was a dick move, but there're still solutions for a cigar
>>
>>6369182
its still up at amiami
>>
>>6369318
Nice , thanks
>>
>>6358046
I don't have any Revoltech, but i'm totally doing that with my MLs of these guys
>>
>>6368887
Elf + Elf = Fool.
>>
>>6369187
>>he doesn't understand the other anon is memeing
>>
>Spiderman still on order stop in HLJ

Fuck.
>>
Do you think we could get and Spidey villains like Green Goblin or Doc Ock?
>>
Anyone know if theres an exact date for Spiderman reissue other than "June"?
>>
>>6373402
>>6358064

>>6373399
Probably not.
>>
>>6373399
>>6373411

If they still in Spider-Man stuff, I feel like Carnage gonna be the next.
>>
>>6368556

It's the principle!
>>
File: Rocket laughing.gif (627KB, 462x419px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket laughing.gif
627KB, 462x419px
>>6373470
>It's the principle!
>>
Just got my Deadpool figure in the mail. I have nothing else to say. I'm just happy.
>>
>>6373611

I've been curious to see if they made any tweaks to the re-issues in this line.

Are deadpools swords still delicate as fuck?
>>
>>6373646
I think they switched the lil peg that holds the sword handles into the scabbard on his back because I've seen round pegs before but mine are little rectangles that hold them in well.

Swords seem fine to me I was hamhanding them a bit to get them into his mittens but they were fine.
>>
>>6373995
Sounds the same, they were rectangle pegs.

Was the bootleg round or something?

What's considered delicate could be subjective anyways, depending what you are use to handling, like Gunpla vs American hamhands proofed MLs.

The Deadpool swords thing, I can see them breaking from falling but not from handling. Hence I don't keep them in when I'm away from the toy.
>>
File: DAQ3w0qUwAANrAI.jpg (103KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DAQ3w0qUwAANrAI.jpg
103KB, 900x1200px
Oh shit, just found an awesome twitter account.
This guy does (did?) the Revoltech articles for Dengeki Hobby Magazine. Sorry guys I should've found this guy sooner so many photos of Gwen...

Seems like he still works as hobby writer so probably keep an eye on for future revo pics before releases.

https://twitter.com/tactac_s

Oh latest tweet sais his magazine went out of print...hang in there I guess.

I'll put together a collage of the pictures here shortly. Meanwhile the hip joint has that figma style structure of the 3 sided ball joints, interesting.
>>
File: DCbnjihVoAIOD-u.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DCbnjihVoAIOD-u.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
Also some new pics from Yamaguchi. Nice face there.
>>
File: gwen1.jpg (2MB, 3632x2376px) Image search: [Google]
gwen1.jpg
2MB, 3632x2376px
Yeah that face is clearly too small. Pretty much need t look at it from a high angle. Everything else looks great.
>>
>>6376147
Ooo, not bad. The eyes have that right kind of crazy look I'd expect from a hunter.
>>
File: DCbninVUIAAmdl0.jpg (89KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCbninVUIAAmdl0.jpg
89KB, 675x1200px
>>6376147
She is cute
>>
>>6376164
even if it were properly sized, the face still looks bad. that's okay though, i was planning on using masked faceplates anyway
>>
File: gwen2.jpg (1MB, 3388x1740px) Image search: [Google]
gwen2.jpg
1MB, 3388x1740px
>>
File: DCboGrRUQAAaSKh.jpg (107KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DCboGrRUQAAaSKh.jpg
107KB, 1200x675px
>>6376147
>>6376171
>>
File: gwen3.jpg (2MB, 3552x2372px) Image search: [Google]
gwen3.jpg
2MB, 3552x2372px
Okay that's most of them.
>>
>>6376180
>dat ass shot

I can't wait for mine!
>>
>>6376173
I don't know, face style wise I think it works in terms of not standing out next to other non-live-action Japanese action figures. If you wanted a specific art style of the comics then yeah fuck off is the message there.
>>
>>6376164
Yeah that looks terrible. Embarrassingly so.
>>
>>6376183
it's clearly an anime face so i'd like an anime face that doesn't look like shit
>>6376177
this looks alright so it's not a matter of not being able to do anime face like figma
>>
File: gwen4.jpg (629KB, 2692x1156px) Image search: [Google]
gwen4.jpg
629KB, 2692x1156px
Oh there were a few more.

I do hope we see more female heroes using a similar body sculpt.
>>
>>6376147
>>6376171
>>6376177
Fuck, am I actually going regret not preordering her?
>>
>>6376205
there still time
>>
>>6361958
>Reissuing limited ubit 04
Why the heck did they make it limited in the first place?
Also fuck this shit, I only wanted a 05 reissue.
>>
>>6376196
Looks atrocious from the shoulders up, but the rest looks really good. Still on the fence
>>
>>6376219
It appeared in a USJ ride and they sold it at USJ. Also online with their web store. I think that's pretty valid.
>>
>>6376219
And as for normal 04, I forgot how he was sold, (pachinko again?) but the Mark 06 two pack was regular release iirc. 04 never appears in the source material besides as an explosion so makes sense he doesn't sell well on his own.
>>
>>6376571
No it doesn't thats unit 04 with rapid borers.

>>6376581
Yeah I know i think it was an evastore exclusive, I'm only puzzled as to why would an exclusive be reissued
>>
>>6376581
Well maybe that means we'll get unit 08+02 as a regular release, so I guess it's all good, although I kinda liked having that "exclusive" eva 04 with the single version box and all.
>>
>>6361958
I've been meaning to ask, where did you see this?
>>
Anyone else experience the loose/shallow right elbow problem on Venom?
>>
>>6376229
The ass/upper thighs look like shit too.

I really love this design and i thought about getting this one over the harder to get Hasbro, but fuuuck... it's either ugly articulation or paying rape prices for a $20 figure.

captcha: Sorry people who live in Apartments, but the Predator Drones are a step closer into launching rockets to kill you.
>>
>>6377900
>I really love this design and i thought about getting this one over the harder to get Hasbro, but fuuuck... it's either ugly articulation or paying rape prices for a $20 figure.
Ugly articulation you won't notice when posed properly.
>>
>>6378064
>you won't notice when you myspace angle them
You're an idiot.
>>
Stop making cute girls that I want to buy japan
>>
>>6377828
opposite for me, its way too tight and far in. can't move it at all.
>>
>>6376177
Removal cloth?
>>
When did Revoltechs stop using those old joints? I'm seeing ones from 2010 at least that still used them, I'd rather know ahead of time instead of buying and then realizing I need to buy extra joints later.
>>
>>6378135
By "old joints" do you mean the ones that had less ratchet points/bigger teeth? Cause IIRC they started switching to the new joints around the time when they started up the Legacy of Revoltech line. Like, if memory serves me right, the first few of those re-releases didn't have them, and then they started slowly adding them in.

Also, CAN you even buy the new-type joints separately? As far as I know, the joint packs they sold only contain the old type joints.
>>
>>6378135
Around when Legacy Black Getter 1 came out they made the switch.

>>6378163
Only way to get extra new joints were to get some AB Nexus guys, specifically ones after they were released regularly. First batch of Nexus sold at their own store still had the old joints.The old ABs that poped up in other stores were just old stock so they have old joints too btw.

Kaiyodo did sold some new joints packs at their physical store recently, I guess it was a test. If they do intend to sell them proper it should be announced at WF.
>>
>>6377900
>it's either ugly articulation or paying rape prices for a $20 figure.

Pay rape prices, you deserved.
>>
>>6378207
>>6378163
Or just get some HobbyBase joints
>>
>>6378212
Hobbybase joints are ok, but the pegs are a little too long for most Revos and trimming/smoothing them can become really laborious. Also, Kaiyodo has become a lot better about making proper colored joints (sometimes even dual colored ones!), so I'm a lot less enthused about "gun gray" HB joints these days.
>>
>>6378084
By your retard logic the butterfly joints on the SHF Street Fighter Ryu are hideous and unacceptable because if you look at them from a back angle they look ugly as shit. Or how about the knee joints on many figma? Or how about the giant fucking gaps in the back/front of some figures that have amazing torso crunches? Or how about the ugly as shit necks on figma that can look up super far but won't be noticed when lunging forward?

I could go on. Yes the joints are ugly, we fucking get it. However it won't affect those of us who have fun posing and know how to angle toys to get the most out of them and hide the ugliness.
>>
File: shinki.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shinki.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>>6378221
Stop being dumb.

You don't see me saying anything about the knees and other areas, because they're trying to be minimal and unintrusive.

The fact that Ryu can face toward me without looking hideos is alright with me. Lots of shit is ugly in the back and it's pretty easy to ignore, because it's just one side.

Gwen? It's intrusive EVERYWHERE and you have to pose it in certain ways and only look at it from a certain angle like it's a fucking optical illusion so it doesn't look that hideos.

Also, i had to look up a review of Ryu to actually know what you were talking about on his butterfly joints looking bad, because 99% of the pictures on /toy/ it didn't look bad... apart from his generic anime look.
Unlike Gwen, where almost every picture of her I can't help but think it's such a fucking waste that they articulated her that way.

captcha: rats are hamsters
>>
>>6378235
Look man, we get it, you don't like the figure. Fine. You have the option of the Marvel Legends, which looks much more uniform at the cost of less poseability. You can't have it all, but in this case you are at least fortunate enough to have a choice between the two extremes. So decide which is more important to you, looks or articulation, and buy accordingly. The end.

Oh, and btw, as for your original complaint, I've been seeing ML Gwen for cheap a lot lately. Keep an eye on Amazon, the price fluctuates a lot. I've definitely seen her for $20 recently. You also have the option of watching eBay, you should be able to get her loose without the BAF part for cheap-ish if you bide your time. Heck, try the BST too, think I've seen her there as well for sub-$20 prices.
>>
>>6378218
HB joints have fleshy joints
>>
>>6378269
I know, but that's no guarantee they'll match the fleshtone of your figure, and besides, I wasn't talking only about flesh. I mean they make joints in every color under the rainbow now to match the figures. Hobby Base really only has shades of grey, flesh, and white.
>>
I guess this would be a good place to ask. Is the new Revoltech Spider-Man the best one to get? I really wanted a Spidey but I have no idea which one would be best. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for some good posing and sculpt.
>>
File: 1482927306598.jpg (1MB, 4768x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1482927306598.jpg
1MB, 4768x1792px
>>6378341
Revo Spidey has some issues. Mostly with sculpt. The knees have some weird cuts that aren't blended very well compared to other Revos, and in my opinion the headsculpt looks kind funny. BUT, it is the most poseable Spidey that has ever existed, and the only one that can do the Marvel vs. Capcom idle pose. If you can forgive some sculpt weirdness, get it. There is nothing better pose-wise.

For good sculpt and okay articulation, a lot of people are fond of the recent Marvel Legends Pizza Spidey, but it's pretty pricey on the aftermarket right now. Same with the old ML McFarlane Spidey.
>>
Haven't checked in for a while. What was the results of that big voting thing they had?
>>
File: 12-7.png (1MB, 735x2544px) Image search: [Google]
12-7.png
1MB, 735x2544px
>>6378393
Result was stupid. You can tell from the number of votes that they didn't get many involved while having a huge pool of candidate revos to choose.

We got the turtles out of it pretty much.
>>
>>6378341
So having both Pizza Spidey and McFarlane Spidey, (momentarily, it's a birthday present for a friend that I'm hanging onto until funnily enough I get the re-issue of the revo in) I'd say yes if you like the revo aesthetically and want a Spiderman you can get into any pose so long as you know how to pose.
If not, hunt down either Pizza Spidey or for better hip range the raft set Spidey from last year's SDCC. Or if you feel like blowing way more then you should and can live without decent ankle rockers the McFarlane Spidey is the way to go, but go for the toybiz version and save yourself on a QC nightmare.
But for what it's worth the Revoltech is the superior choice of the three. Not to count either out since toybiz were masters of the craft half the time, and Hasbro's pizza grinning offering was outstanding for a 20$ figure in the modern day even if you will never see it for that price again, outside of bootlegs.
But you can never beat the range of motion the revoltech line in any form can offer.
>>
>>6378107
What ablut the other arm?

I was talking About the right arm from Venom's POV, left if you're looking straight at it. Just to clarify. The other arm of my Venom is fine.
>>
>>6378523
What the fuck
>>
File: file.png (799KB, 860x572px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
799KB, 860x572px
Decided to mess around with my Revol Mini Snake & Fox after not touching them for a while.
>>
File: file.png (687KB, 501x903px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
687KB, 501x903px
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1163x679px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1163x679px
The poses I had them in before were pretty boring, I'm glad how these came out though.
>>
>>6379381
>ninja gonna slash at me full speed
>let me take a casual drag first

>>6376196
that hood is disgusting
>>
File: indiana jones sword fight.gif (1004KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
indiana jones sword fight.gif
1004KB, 500x210px
>>6379381
>>6379455
>sword fight
>2017
>>
>>6379465
The guy is faster than a bullet, heavily armored, and super strong.
It isn't really comparable to that Indy scene.
>>
>>6378235
I agree with you.
The people on here act like the ugly sculpt is a necessity for posability.
Really Yamaguchi is just a shit tier sculptor.
This line would be amazing if not for him.
>>
>>6358046
Which spider-gwen is that?
>>
>>6379572

It's the upcoming Revoltech...
>>
>>6379381
this is dumb. he wouldn't be smoking in that situation
>>
>>6379602
on one hand you're right from a canon and realistic standpoint

on the other the game lets you use the cigarettes whenever you want
>>
File: DCp1Jh_UMAAQ2lY.jpg (67KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCp1Jh_UMAAQ2lY.jpg
67KB, 675x1200px
Hanging pose with Spidey's web part.
>>
>>6376164
that face is AWFUL for a 2017 release. I'm baffled they didn't even try to improve it considering it should be a selling point of the figure. Not holding my breath on a future Psylocke. The rest of the figure looks great tho.
>>
>>6376196
Looking thiiiiiqqqq
>>
>>6379687
I seriously doubt they would have this problem with Psylocke or a character who's always unmasked. Having another guy just doing the face part probably caused something where they couldn't go back anymore with it. I know the final product results in being different sizes sometimes, for what ever reasons, and miscommunication may have caused the size difference, then someone else slapped the two together and by then it was too late, who knows. Point is they run out of time to fix it, is the impression I get from this mess.

If it was a character who always have a face, they will catch the problem of scale as they work on the figure, assuming it would be another split operation, where as with Gwen the two could've work on their own separately just exchanging measurements.
>>
>>6379455
>>6379602
I wanted to use the smoking hand to hold the gun, but I also didn't want to lose the cig. Also it does a good job at hiding his face.
>>
>>6379602
Addiction is a powerful thing.
>>
I just want them to reveal Amazing.Y No.6 already. I'm already down for the Zootopia figs, but fuck I feel like I need to take a break on Revos.
>>
>>6380015
You know a big hobby event that they run is coming up, right?
>>
>>6380021

No, what's it called?
>>
>>6380060
San Diego Comic Con obviously
>>
>>6380111

Revo doesn't run that. How prominently are they even featured? It's a pretty western convention.
>>
>>6380112
Sarcasm, my man
Wonfest and Kaiyodo yes
>>
>>6376972
08+02 isn't going to get rereleaseed because it's not even going to be in the next movie.
0% of the preview for 3.0 actually made it to the film
Glad I have 8 + 2 in the mail right now for a great price cuz it's about to get stupid high when the next one gets announced
>>
>>6380125
>implying the presence in a movie will stop re-releases
I think you underestimate Eva fans. I think the design is ugly and dumb anyway though.
>>
amiami has Deadpool in stock and all the other Marvel ones up for pre-order in case anybody needs to get an order in.
>>
>>6377792
I think he might be playing us
>>
>>6379381
Why do you have so many skulls?
>>
>>6380295
Probably a Khorne worshipper.
>>
>>6380125
04 had even less screen time than 08+02 tho
Also how much did you get it for? As far as I remember the price has been pretty stable around 5-6k for a long time now.
>>
File: DCp1H17UIAAgr1c.jpg (68KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCp1H17UIAAgr1c.jpg
68KB, 675x1200px
>>6379633
It looks so good when posed up, but that fucking neck is ridiculous. I guess there was no way to shorten it and keep all the range
>>
Why is there so many different revoltech sublines? vulcanlog, amazing yamaguchi, game classics and the NGE one.
>>
>>6380295
this dude regularly posts in spooky skeleton general threads, he's got a shrine of sorts with all kinds of different wacky dollar store skeletons
>>
>>6379633
Ordered.
>>
File: evil laugh.gif (312KB, 498x384px) Image search: [Google]
evil laugh.gif
312KB, 498x384px
>>6380111
>>
>>6380527
There are more than that.

First of all, there are two distinct companies/distributors running things. Kaiyodo + Kenelephant has the Revoltechs line, which after the reboot will have 5 sublines (AY, Takeya, Movie, Eva Evolution, and AB Nexus).

Union Creative has their Vulcanlogs, which may involve Kaiyodo, Sentinel, or their inhouse sculptors. That, now seems to include Game Classics, but the whole vulcanlog thing I'm not sure has a future. We'll need to see some new stuff this WF to be sure.
>>
File: MK.jpg (200KB, 998x600px) Image search: [Google]
MK.jpg
200KB, 998x600px
AM 006 u knoe you want it
>>
File: gekkou.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gekkou.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>6380679
The guy who picks what gets made did say he wants to do that. Problem is absolutely no one in Japan knows who he is so is a tough sell.

I think it would be fun, kind of reminds me of Gekkou Kamen, like a modern day reimagination.
>>
>>6380679
I think it'd be cool except I have no faith in Revoltechs with capes being any good
>>
>>6381225
>>6380679
Okay but what if
>>
>>6381330
>>6380757

Fuck Marvel Batman, how 'bout some Cloak and Dagger?
>>
>>6381378
>Generic lady and the nigger portal.
No thank you.
>>
>>6381378
I'd rather have Marvel's Schitzo Batman than BLACKED: The Series
>>
>>6381378
Why would you want a revoltech of either of those.
Dagger I can see but Cloak? He can't work well as a figure, no matter the line he'd basically be a dull companion piece.
>>
File: IMG_6825.jpg (277KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6825.jpg
277KB, 1080x1920px
Wolvie samples are in.
>>
File: IMG_6827.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6827.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>6381434
>>
>>6381436
Looks bad-ass!
>>
>>6379568
There are plenty of us who happen to like his sculpt, actually. Also, you can stop crying about this, it's almost halfway through 2017, just stop buying toys from this line if you don't want it to continue.
>>
>>6381434
>>6381436
it really weirds me out just how much more detailed this unpainted prototype is compared to the painted previews of him. Also... it's going to take all my willpower to skip this but I'd probably wait until I hear a bunch of varied reviews about it and just get the re-release.
>>
>>6381434
I love you Yamaguchi San!
>>
You guys have some of the wackest fucking ideas I swear. What fucking cuck would want cloak and dagger? Moon knight? Jesus are you guys literally faggots? There are seriously hundreds of characters that should get a Revoltech before these assholes
>>
>>6381436
>>6381434
sheesh, they really don't care about scale.

>>6381487
paint hides detail, either through thickness, glossiness, or just bright colors.

Almost every toy will look more detailed if they were in colored with a flat matte gray spray.
>>
>>6381487
>unpainted prototype
Not to go super technical, or with you in particular, but fun fact;
These prototypes are painted, in single colour like grey.

I forget which colours are what, but depending on which version of the prototype, they paint them grey, blue, and maybe red? Colour codes to know which version the figure is. Just something I remember hearing from their old stream show. Thought it was interesting.
>>
>>6381498
yes but in this case, can't say the paint is helping it look better. For instance, with other toys, perhaps Takeya revoltechs for easiest, extreme example, the monochrome and full color releases each has their own charm to me... This Wolverine really looks worse in the painted proto pics.
>>
>>6381498
>don't care about scale.
It's a NON scale figure line so yeah, and yet they bothered to make him shorter. What more do you want? A Revol Mini?
>>
File: DCrUi55VwAA0Vv3.jpg (88KB, 1200x842px) Image search: [Google]
DCrUi55VwAA0Vv3.jpg
88KB, 1200x842px
I.O series aimed for a summer release. That's pretty soon I guess preorders should start any day then?
>>
File: DCrCRYJVwAAnuU4.jpg (215KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DCrCRYJVwAAnuU4.jpg
215KB, 1200x900px
Also they're saying the new revolver joints will be available at other stores but not sure what exactly they mean by that.
>>
>>6381515
Sweet, been waiting on the little minx.
>>
>>6381498
Wolverine is a manlet and Deadpool is a tall man
>>
>>6381498
What would you have them chane with the scale? I'd say they could stand to make Woverine a little shorter but with revoltechs they all use uniform joints, so you could potentially make him small to a degree where the size of the joints becomes a problem. Looks fine to me though
>>
>>6381518
Means they'll be available at other stores, they've been gone from anything but the kaiyodo store for years.
>>
>>6381621
No, these are the new joints, with the line on peg and increased ratchets, plus 4mm for the first time. They were sold recently at Hobby Lobby only, maybe at a WF one time too. I'm just not sure of the scale of what they mean by other stores this time. Probably major online store like last time, but could be some physical stores they are partners with.
>>
>>6381496
You probably want some casual MCU trash like Iron Man. Pleb.
>>
>>6381518
>>6381621
>>6381663
Oops I misread the tweet. It says now available online besides Hobby Lobby store. But I don't see it on Kaiyodo's web store. Hm. Just says 通販 so not sure how far of a distribution that means.
>>
>>6381330
Now that would be cool
>>
File: IMG_6133.jpg (1MB, 2524x3162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6133.jpg
1MB, 2524x3162px
>>6381665
>implying I don't already have ironman
>implying he isn't awesome
>implying a Revoltech of classic comic IM wouldn't be Amazing

Senpai I don't want any characters that suck. Moonlight is a niche character that was never even cool until he got a modernized costume now everyone loves him p.s. That suit is awful and gay as hell

I want any characters that will guaranteed sell and keep this line going as long as possible.
Marvel Legends can cover all the D-Listers that you like and they don't have to clog up this line and kill it

My wish list for this line is mosty all xmen
Gambit
Cyclops
Beast
psylocke
Night crawler
Ghost rider
Classic comic Batman
Classic comic superman

Spider-Man Venom and wolverine were already my top 3 wants
>>
File: 20170620_171101~2.jpg (834KB, 2304x2256px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_171101~2.jpg
834KB, 2304x2256px
>>6381746
Very good choices. I only disagree with the order:

We really need a Batman who can crouch and contort convincingly.
I'm torn on what I want after Bats.
Nightcrawler would be nice to have as another lean, agile figure that's still different enough from Spidey. Could be amazing with the proper teleport effects and articulated tail.
Beast would probably be a lot of fun, but I'm in no hurry as I image Venom would be very close. Of course there can never be enough of bulky, monkeyish figures with great articulation.
Ghost Rider with a bike would be expensive as fuck but oh so worth it. Optional articulated flame parts for the bike, his head, body and attacks? YES PLEASE. I doubt he'd come with that much, but if he gets a release it's pretty safe to say he'll come with an assortment of fun preposed chains or maybe even articulated ones.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind an Ultimate Green Goblin or Rhino. Green Goblin could have an articulated cape like one of the Getters. It would work well for him since he's only wearing rags anyways. Batman should come with a cloth one though.
>>
File: 264675833578.jpg (32KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
264675833578.jpg
32KB, 599x337px
Which QB has the best girl parts? I want to buy one for purely educational purposes.
>>
>>6381979
Branwen is good, she can get almost completely nude.
>>
File: superhero heights.jpg (55KB, 586x330px) Image search: [Google]
superhero heights.jpg
55KB, 586x330px
>>6381507
>>6381563
>>6381595
so many casuals who dont care about comics

I really can't believe you guys bitch more about the missing cigar, yet dont care about one of Wolverine's most defining features.
>>
>>6382096

>consistent scales in comics

He's shorter than the rest. Does it really hurt your autism he isn't the exact scale based on your preference?
>>
>>6382096
>being a elitist neckbeard
ok
>>
File: IMG_6112.jpg (2MB, 4064x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6112.jpg
2MB, 4064x4096px
>>6382096
You probably pirate all your comics online if not post a pic w your comics and marvel figures then I will take your opinion into consideration
>>
>>6382096
Fuck, Rocket is monstrous, looks like a kind of motley.
>>
File: 3498579-capmarv2014001cov-7ff9e.jpg (177KB, 900x1365px) Image search: [Google]
3498579-capmarv2014001cov-7ff9e.jpg
177KB, 900x1365px
>>6381746
>Doesn't want to kill the line
The 90's are over Grandpa get with the times. Nobody gives a shit about non Wolverine X-Men.

Here's who they should actually make.
>>
>>6382211
>Literally the most forced character in the entire universe

I bet you like black panther too
>>
File: last week buys.jpg (648KB, 1674x1235px) Image search: [Google]
last week buys.jpg
648KB, 1674x1235px
>>6382135
>>6382111
Might as well tell me that i shouldn't expect three claws on him or a cigar, cuz autism.
The character was called Wolverine because he's supposed to be king of the midgets, just like his ferocious namesake.

>>6382143
>needing to prove anything to show i care
i guess i can show off my latest buys. Not shelved organized yet, because I'm lazy.

How l33t am i?

floppies are shit
>>
>>6382220
Hey at least Black Panter was an actual cool character before the modern marvel push.
>>
Give me pre feminazi ms marvel and I'm down
>>
Well since we're on the subject is Spider-Gwen even a popular character? I had no idea who she was.
>>
8>>6382096
Boohooo Wolverine's top of head is at Deadpool's nose instead of his chin. Again, it's not that big of a deal. Like the anon said there are limitations from using a set size joints and is a non scale figure line. Notice there is no scale written on the box? Even the all mighty Bandai releases two Bruce Lees with a substantial height difference.

Not that we don't care, the height difference is there, we're just not living in crazyville.
>>
>>6382232
She already had some statue figures made in Japan, and her comic got a translation released.

Plus "female version of Spider-Man" is an easy concept to swallow, so you don't need much more to go on.
>>
>>6381427
>Why would you want a revoltech of either of those

Same could be said of any D-list characters that aren't immeadiately recognizable A-listers like Moon Knight that people keep asking for.
>>
>>6382232
>>6382255

Gwenpool next hopefully.

Otherwise gimme Ghost Rider
>>
>>6382259
Moon Knight has been in and out of B tier from C for like, the entirety of his creation. But moreover I mean, why would you want a REVOLTECH over a good marvel legend.
Moon Knight needs crazy poses due to being Marvels insane moon god worshiping murderer, like he actually has a necessary gain from the near limitless range of motion that the revoltech line adds.
And Mr. Knight would be a good way to execute that due not not having to focus on hangups such as his cape and just being able to toss out good accessories with him.
Cloak would fucking suck dick in revoltech form and be clunky as hell, Dagger
Dagger would still probably be cool.
also
>Clock and Dagger
>>Not D-tier
top kek
>>
File: TimeForDivinePunishment.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
TimeForDivinePunishment.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>6381979

Depends on the body type you want.
>>
>>6382266
>Moon Knight has been in and out of B tier from C for like, the entirety of his creation

Moon Knight is barely a D-list character at his best. Same as Captain Marvel, only difference here is Marvel can't stop trying to force Carol's crazy ass into popularity, while they don't give a shit about Moon Knight. There is a vast array of characters more deserving of Revo's than either of those.

Personally, I'd love to see a Ghost Rider, 90's Gambit, 90's Psylocke, and FF's Thing. Unfortunately, they seem to be using "Whatever the fuck they want as long as it's not their most iconic outfits" for the character outfits in this, so chances are we'd probably get that Bleach looking motherfucker GR, and post-90's Gambit and Psylocke only, which would be a waste of everyones fucking time and resources.
>>
>>6381979
Best is pretty subjective.
I like young Alice.
>>
Here have a character that isn't some obscure nobody like Moon Knight, a 90's has been like Gambit, or a forced meme like Carol.

Someone who is actually popular that people would buy and would be a perfect fit for this line.
>>
File: spikes and death.jpg (147KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
spikes and death.jpg
147KB, 485x750px
>>6382299

Right character, wrong costume.

Would also want MWF all black tracksuit
>>
>>6382299
Daredevil would be a great choice.
Popular with comic fans, has a live action show for the casuals, has a streamlined design, lot's of potential for effect parts.
I personally wouldn't buy it but I imagine it would be a decent seller.
>>
>>6382269
I mean, Yamaguchi just kind of sculpts what he think looks cool so yeah probably on the latter half, which sucks but there's always waiting out on Hasbro.
Personally I just want a really good Nightcrawler.
>>
>>6382299
>Someone who is actually popular
>Daredevil

I don't know about that. Lets be honest, most people only know a few Marvel characters, and most often, Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America.

>>6382382
>I just want a really good Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler would be a perfect fit for the line, honestly. He's one of those characters that demands crazy articulation.
>>
>>6382269
>get that Bleach looking motherfucker GR
That would be the opposite of a problem, Robbie's great

Why's your taste so shit anon?
>>
>>6382310

That's honestly the worst Daredevil costume I've ever seen. So edgy. Current Black, Classic red, or original yellow, Any of those would be best.
>>
>>6382322
If they are not in a movie, the casuals wont know them. Japan just got Netflix this year or something and not many are into watching foreign drama either, compared to movies.

Daredevil has the old movie, but still is B list tier. If not Spider-Man and X-Men, then someone who is or will be in MCU, if not then a regular of the MvC franchise, is how I think the selection would go. Basically characters everyone at lease heard of or seen before, knows the powers, team, origin, etc.

I hope we get a villain next.
>>
File: pls.jpg (3KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
3KB, 236x333px
>>6382712
Why not a villain who became a hero?
>>
File: HailHydra2.jpg (113KB, 680x830px) Image search: [Google]
HailHydra2.jpg
113KB, 680x830px
>>6382712
>I hope we get a villain next.

I know a prime villain thats ready for release. Pic related.
>>
>>6382722
I could see him being made, and visually more interesting and simple to tell what kind of character he is. Compared to a guy just wearing red spandex that is. Then again why bring a dude with guns into a line of people with super powers. If they want to do a soldier type character I rather have Cable or Domino.
>>
>>6382269
>Same as Captain Marvel, only difference here is Marvel can't stop trying to force Carol's crazy ass into popularity,
And yet they keep making her look more and more like a manly dyke. Good job Marvel. Clearly what the people want is a woman who barely even has a single feminine thing about her these days. Even her tits are so flattened down that in that one new comic done by the gay dude she literally looks like a man in half the panels.

>Personally, I'd love to see a Ghost Rider, 90's Gambit, 90's Psylocke, and FF's Thing. Unfortunately, they seem to be using "Whatever the fuck they want as long as it's not their most iconic outfits" for the character outfits in this, so chances are we'd probably get that Bleach looking motherfucker GR, and post-90's Gambit and Psylocke only, which would be a waste of everyones fucking time and resources.
Yeah Marvel isn't going to let them use the designs we actually want. It's a shame. Modern Psylocke wouldn't be awful though. Don't get me wrong, she is an AWFUL Psylocke and I would hate them for not giving me the most iconic look but as a generic girl in a skin tight suit I could enjoy the figure.

Personally I would like a X-23 or She-Hulk since those are characters Marvel would allow and they don't look like shit right now unless they decided to redesign them since I last read any Marvel comics which was back in like 2016.
>>
File: SheHulk.jpg (250KB, 630x969px) Image search: [Google]
SheHulk.jpg
250KB, 630x969px
>>6382734
>She-Hulk since those are characters Marvel would allow and they don't look like shit right now unless they decided to redesign them since I last read any Marvel comics which was back in like 2016.

Last year She-Hulk took a missile to the tit that was meant for Thanos, died, and now came back as pic related.
>>
File: 18343087._SY540_.jpg (59KB, 419x540px) Image search: [Google]
18343087._SY540_.jpg
59KB, 419x540px
>>6382753
>Last year She-Hulk took a missile to the tit that was meant for Thanos, died, and now came back as pic related.
Are they intent on ruining every single character or something?
>>
>>6382734
I don't think there are characters that are off-limits, but just Kaiyodo being safe and avoiding conflict / exploring uncharted waters while making sure it would sell.

Costume wise, I agree there is some level of restriction to modern designs, otherwise we see 90's Wolverine all the time in toys and games.

So looking at characters who do not deviate too much from the classic look can narrow down future selections, maybe.

And characters in future movies are new territory. I wish we do see more Hulk side characters make it to the big screen but I guess that's difficult just being a guest appearance character.
>>
>>6382757
>Are they intent on ruining every single character or something?

Actually, yes. Marvel's been flat out character assassinating a lot of their properties to try and garner sales for their newer crop of heroes no one gives a shit about for a while now, or in the case of the X-Men, just trying to flat out replace them wholesale to try and devalue them as a brand in a vain attempt to get the properties back from Fox.

>>6382761

There is definitely a restriction in place, otherwise we'd be seeing the Revo's in their most popular costumes for sure, because everyone loves to make money, except for whichever fucknugget is forcing some of these costume choices for the Revo line.
>>
>>6382732
Because it's still Marvelshit, and Frank would bring a little variety. Plus he could come with a shitload of guns.

That said, AY isn't going to exclusively be American comics. Sooner or later we're bound to get some anime figures again. I'd say vidya, but I think they'll probably let the other line focus on that for now.
>>
File: GreatWritingThereMarvel.jpg (83KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
GreatWritingThereMarvel.jpg
83KB, 600x404px
>>6382757

Oh, and the missile to the tit thing was quite literal.
>>
>>6382770
Lol I don't even know why people fixate on She-Hulk's involvement in this scene, War Machine got so cucked with this TERRIBLE death scene
>>
File: Jasper_Finish.png (111KB, 1863x3092px) Image search: [Google]
Jasper_Finish.png
111KB, 1863x3092px
>>6382753
I knew Marvel was trying to appeal to the Tumblr crowd but I am still surprised they made She-Hulk into fucking Jasper from Steven Universe.
Also they removed the She.
Is it too much to ask that they leave some core characters unTumblred?
I guess it isn't the worst design to come out of the nu Marvel clusterfuck but it reeks of SJW pandering.
Are any of the major characters still themselves?
>>
File: DC0L0dJVoAAEGot.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC0L0dJVoAAEGot.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
god this face is fucking trash. really dropped the ball hard
>>
>>6382781
holy autism, Batman

that's a fucking reach if i've ever seen one
>>
>>6382766
The plan seems to be to do Marvel for a while to gain popularity, then DC, then Japanese IPs.

But who knows the exact quantities they are looking at, we might start to see DC this Wonfes. I'm not sure why but I currently have an itch for Revo Harley Quinn. Maybe because of the gymnast thing, more so because of Injustice 2...but I don't want hotpants Harley. Biker looking Harley I'm okay with. It's a very subtle line. Yamaguchi sculpted Batman Joker and Harley could turnout really great. I don't know why people want Yamaguchi Superman, but I'm guessing they just want Superman in general.
>>
>>6382779

Because it was a ridiculous way to die, and capped off by the fact that She-Hulk could easily survive missiles and when questioned the shithead writer answered "Oh, they were special anti-Thanos missiles". The entire fight was basically a comedy of shit writing, everyone fought and died like morons.
>>
>>6382788

Have they ever said anything about doing anything other than Marvel? I'm seeing a lot of wishlisting here, but no hard facts.
>>
>>6382770
>look up actual comic
>bunch of fucking nobodies taking on Thanos
>Captain Marvel knocks him out with punch
Aaand I am glad I quit reading now. Holy shit.

>>6382781
I thought they were going to quit doing this shit when I heard sales were plummeting but guess they are dedicated to the cause of making shit designs and ruining everything.
>>
>>6382794
>Aaand I am glad I quit reading now. Holy shit.

Go ask /co/ for a storytime of America if you really want to see how bad things can get.
>>
File: DC0L1QtUMAAM85K.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC0L1QtUMAAM85K.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>6382792
I saw it on the Japanese Revo General, guy asked at WF. Yeah yeah I know but folks don't bullshit as much there and it made sense compared to what was written in the Deadpool promo material when the line started.

There is nothing binding Kaiyodo to Marvel they've done Batman figures a few times already.
>>
>>6382786
It makes me real curious what an actual Yamaguchi sculpted face would've been like.
>>
File: review_doa_1.jpg (48KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
review_doa_1.jpg
48KB, 600x568px
>>6382819
he sculpted kaiyodo's trading figures prior to revoltech if I'm not wrong, so these.
>>
>>6382819
Ugly as sin.
Yamaguchi has never sculpted a non-deformed human.
>>
>>6382841
Those are really tiny. Revy and Reycal were his sculpts, but those are old too.

People likes his recent human face sculpts so wouldn't mind seeing what he can do now.
>>
File: DC0LznSUAAEV2J6.jpg (113KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC0LznSUAAEV2J6.jpg
113KB, 1200x675px
>>6382786
>>6382797
>"who you callin pinhead?"
>>
I'm so glad I ordered all the Marvel ones(DP and Vemom on rerelease), quick question tho: are the Iron Man good as well?
>>
>>6382955
>>6382797
>>6382786
They dun fucked up but she comes with enough other cool stuff that her price is still pretty fair. My biggest gripe is no fist hands. What is it with companies not wanting to give us proper fist hands anymore? Bandai is doing it with RD A.N.I.M.E., the Vulcanlog Kirin isn't getting any fists, Spidey and Gwen have no fists. Yeah you can "technically" use the web holding closed fists as fists but they have a hole in them. I feel like imports SHOULD have true proper fist hands at all times, especially characters who punch shit.
>>
File: C9mvitbVwAEbv6c.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9mvitbVwAEbv6c.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
>>6382850
Fucking wrong
>>
>>6382968

Might just be me, but I'm fine as long as the "holding stuff" hands are closed and fist-like if they don't give straight up closed fists.
>>
>>6382971
Why do these new MH revoltechs look so good? What happened?
>>
File: Siona1489719450.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1489719450.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>6383092
Armor choice maybe? The Rathalos Hunter is still a favorite of mine since the sculptwork on stuff like the GS really suprised me. I'm really excited to see how the Teostra Hunter comes out.
>>
>>6383095
I'm on the verge of buying it myself, though, a large part of it is my fondness for great/multi-function shields. Reminds me of Rider Alexander too, much as I wouldn't use it as a stand-in.
>>
>>6381979

Echidna
>>
>>6383092
I thought they all looked good day one...?
>>
>>6382968
>autism
>>
File: IMG_7449.jpg (82KB, 640x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7449.jpg
82KB, 640x776px
>>6382955
I'm not as bothered by the tiny head as a should be. I fucked a girl with proportions just like before. Just makes her look thiccc af..
>>
>>6383403
It's not the head size really, there are people who are 8 head units proportioned. It's the face, the parts of the face, are too small or squished to the center and that makes it look much worse. If they went more anime and made the eyes bigger it might have been better, ironically(?).

In Japan just about everyone young has a complex about small faces, buying those face rollers for the "Kogao" effect. Maybe the sculptor has some subconscious issues haha
>>
It's really not that bad she just looks like she was built for sex. Too high test for most around these parts
>>
>>6383617
You are retarded.
>>
Gwen kind of looks like shit honestly.
The proportions are fucked and I hate her weird knees.
>>6382971
THAT is a Yamaguchi sculpt?
What the fuck has he been been doing all these years?
>>
>>6383729
No it's not. He only placed the joints for the upcoming three.
>>
I have a strong feeling that Captain America might be the next Revo after Wolverine. I'd totally get him but I hope a Hulk, Black Panther, or Daredevil get made eventually
>>
>>6383265
Maybe he's one of those dudes who browses the threads and hasn't bought a revoltech in like 10 years and is shocked they've improved a ton.
>>
>>6384033

I'd buy a Cap Revo, if only because it'll probably be the best non-Movie Cap we'll ever get.
>>
>>6384238
He'll also be big and bulky and fit in with MLs better than the figuarts.
>>
>>6384273

Still, whats the best way for them to Monkey Paw's this thing up? Like how Deadpool and Wolverine don't quite have their right costumes, or how Venom is missing his white hand patches?

Whats gonna go wrong here, whats gonna be "off" that prevents it from being perfect? Remember, Marvel is actively interested in making sure nothing released here is exactly what people want, so something is gonna be all fucky.

My personal guess is, it'll be Falcon America, and not Cap.
>>
>>6384286
It'd not have his wings on the sides of his head and it'd have arbitrary stripes instead of his scale armor style costume. Basically not the classic costume.

Characters like Deadpool don't suffer as much since his original costume is a bunch of pockets and straps already. Wolverine and Cap type costumes will suffer most.
>>
>>6384286
>Deadpool and Wolverine don't quite have their right costumes
I mean, I understand a lot of people don't especially care for Astonishing for some reason, but I've never seen any complaints about Deadpool. And his modern outfit is his best one IMO

But it'll probably be something dumb where instead of being the wrong costume it just looks like garbage the way Spidey does
>>
>>6384286
>Falcon America,
I don't mind that because there is no good Falcon figure out there. An action figure that can pose the wings in various ways, both attached and detached from the arms. Actually there is no satisfactory winged hero figure so I do wish we see someone come out in the AY line, be it Angel or Hawkman/girl. Wings simply using 4 revo joints are more than enough to get a fun toy to pose around. It worked for Zetman and Nanael
>>
>>6384286
Lol black guy toy in japan?
>>
>>6384471
Japan has no issues with Black people, just other Asians in the neighborhood. Not sure what's China's problem though.
>>
>>6384471
Isn't like Japan hate black people or something. Also I hope Blade will be the next.
>>
File: IMG_6891.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6891.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
More pics of Wolvie.
>>
File: IMG_6892.jpg (221KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6892.jpg
221KB, 1080x1920px
>>6385016
>>
File: IMG_6893.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6893.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>6385018
>>
>>6384845
No. You can't really hate on a group if you have like zero history with such group. For Japan, it's the same, equal level of interest for the rarity and lack of understanding of any foreigners.

Seeing a black character drawn with big lips and shouting racism is an overblown western thinking imo. Anime as a style is all about over exaggeration in the first place.

China on the other hand has some twisted opinions, but they are pretty messed up in terms of social standards in general, plus they don't give a shit. Different life style different standards.

Not to be off topic, if they do go DC, Cyborg will be so great if they made him like an Assemble Borg.
>>
>>6384286
Maybe an Ultimates take on Cap? Don't know if you'd count that as monkey pawing, but I'd love it.
>>
>>6385016
>>6385018
>>6385020

I really want a casual clothes Logan Revo
>>
>>6384286
Captain America doesn't have that much of a variation in designs as far as I know. For Steve Rogers that is. Basic design elements and color scheme are the same. Relative to other characters.

Still hard to say if they will go for Avengers heroes. I think being comic book based there is no conflict with SHF but they might think people prefer movie ver over comics ver.

I think we will see one or two more X-Men first, then maybe an Iron Man.
>>
>>6384286
There's literally a 0% chance of it not being Steve Rogers, and you know it.
>>
Lol, I picked up the MGSV soviet soldier revol mini because he was cheap and I somehow missed the part where he's all swivel joints.

He's kind of cool actually. Maybe I should pick up some of that Toy Box line that Kaiyodo's been doing.
>>
>>6385223
>Captain America doesn't have that much of a variation in designs as far as I know
He does. They're all a pretty recent thing, but he does. They could easily give us the Marvel Now or All-New, All-Different Caps instead of the classic one anyone wants
>>
what about deadpools buddy cabal for the next figure
>>
>>6383095
I just might buy this today.
>>
>>6385708
That's what I mean, the most deviation is with the ANAD version but the rest is pretty similar. I am speaking in a loose way, like seen with a blurred filter. It depends on how the rest of the line will look, but classic costume can look really stupid if not done in a certain texture, tone and build.At this point there will be some unity for a modern look.
>>
File: bud.png (272KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bud.png
272KB, 500x375px
>>6385214
mah nigga!
>>
Well fuck my ass, I forgot to cancel my spider-gwen!
>>
File: dat spider ass.jpg (196KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dat spider ass.jpg
196KB, 1200x1600px
Spider-Gwen on 2ch, I can't wait for mine!

http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3678403.htm
>>
>>6386084
Got my payment request like half an hour ago. Kind of want to ship my stuff out but I still have like 3 small thing left that haven't been released yet. Can't wait for her though.
>>
I wonder how many of you who got some or all of the previous Amazing Yamaguchis skipped on Spider-Gwen.

Personally I never thought Gwen would be a must-buy. It's a nice looking figure, but my interest is more due to the toyetic nature than any real appreciation of her origins. And even then I was only really hyped about the curled spider webs to use with Spidey.
I canceled her because I'm tight right now, though.
>>
>>6386242
I really like the design, the comics are no good imo but innocuous enough for me to have a positive opinion of the character still based purely off the design and surface level personality. Plus i've actually been in the market for a really dynamic female figure and this fits perfectly in with the lines i already collect.
>>
>>6386242
The only Amazing Revo I've skipped so far is Spidey, because as fun as he looks I just don't like him aesthetically. The ugly knees, the entirely unnecessary boot cuts, the headsculpt... I just couldn't look past those things.

Gwen overall looks pretty great, though, and despite her comics being pretty bad I do really like her design and the basic idea of "AU where Gwen became a hero instead of Peter"
>>
>>6386242
Gwen is honestly a shit character so I was always going to skip her. I've missed out on all the Ameri-Comi line so far so assuming I can't make the re-releases for myself (i'm buying Spidey for a friend) I'm just going to start with Logan.
A cool design can't carry a shit character, even if it's a popular one.
>>
>>6386128
I have Spidey and Gwen in the same order. No request for me.
>>
>>6386570
same here
>>
>>6386570
Thats odd. Still though HLJ can be slow sometimes so I wouldn't worry. You might just end up getting it a bit later.

>>6386242
I always found Gwen's suit design pretty nice so when the figure was announced I was pretty glad I'd own a hyper posable figure of her or any spider woman. I ended up reading the comics as well and I found them pretty enjoyable, though I haven't really read that many comics. Also started reading All New Wolverine and the old X-23 comics. And I'm all for them hopefully making Laura Wolvie or X-23 though that might not happen.
>>
>>6386608
I'd rather a normal X-23 than ANAD Wolverine, but realistically I'd still buy either. Don't know if there's any real chance of an X-23 fig, though. They might not want to waste another slot on a literal Wolverine clone.

Hopefully she gets something new though in some line. Even if it's just a Marvel Legend it'd be a massive improvement over the old one.
>>
>>6386608
I have it ordered on AmiAmi.
>>
>>6386872
Same anon. Got my request, went to Paypal to pay, but my bank stopped the transaction. So I went into the bank's mobile app and approved it. It then charged me, but Paypal, nor amiami have said I payed for it. What do?
>>
>>6386872
Oh yeah, just noticed you didn't write what shop you ordered at. Don't know why I thought HLJ. My bad.
>>
>Revo Spidey in stock
>it's late-o-fuck o'clock in the US right now

Guess I'm not ordering until I wake up.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>6388150
I'm waiting to see if some end of the month PO or news pops up. Hate to have an incorrect schedule up for weeks.

But probably will get nothing till WF so I might if I see a cool Gwen picture. Maybe post her face, call it tiny head edition and fuel some haters and get messy. Although there is really no defending it. But hey other OPs new OPs feel free to make new one.
>>
File: 1498163917692.jpg (73KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498163917692.jpg
73KB, 800x900px
>>6388235
here use this
fuel some haters and get messy
and maybe get a life while you're at it lol
>>
>>6388256
It's oddly comforting that 2ch has to deal with a subjectanon too.
>>
>>6388265
Nobody is actually saying anything stupid or extreme there. Just hey too bad she got a small face. At least with this one I don't go there often.
>>
Next >>6389145
>>
>>6378695
>>6378379
Thanks for helping me out guys! I checked out the new Revoltech and the neck is a bit too long for my taste. Thanks for helping me narrow down to a couple decisions. I think I might go for the newer Pizza Spidey figure.
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.