[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awful waves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: tsunami.jpg (346KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
tsunami.jpg
346KB, 1200x807px
So in either personal opinion and/or general consensus-- what are some of the worst waves ever released by any property, and company, etc?

Eternal pegwarmers? All lame characters? All shitty QC? etc...
>>
>>6357260
every neca goji fig, exept 54, the only good one. the rest have shitty qc and paint. not to mention the terrible sculpts. the 2 worst ones are gmk and shin
>>
>>6357290
The 2014 Godzilla is great too though. They scanned the model straight in from the movie. Yeah GMK and Shin let me down. I wish they would make a Millenium one.
>>
>>6357297
the 2014 looks nice, but the strange paint and the soft sculpt ruins it for me
>>
>>6357290

Those aren't really waves, though, they're just single-release figures.

Honestly, it seems like when a new Marvel Legends wave comes out, only one or two of the figures are really sought after. The rest just kind of end up hanging out on the shelves for a very long time.
>>
The second wave of Rogue One Black Series was pretty awful. The first wave was clogging the shelves already, preventing the Revan wave from coming, so the second wave doubled down on all the figures people didn't want or the store had 20 in stock of.
>>
>>6357327

Think that boils down to the sub universe the wave is based in. Spidey and Mutants seem to do ok. It's the cosmic and Avengers stuff that pegwarms forever. MCU sells then all those horrible Z tier characters in fugly 80's outfits rot forever. Seriously, before the MCU, Avengers had some of the lamest looking characters. I'm sure *someone* wants them, but they make terrible looking toys.

I think Hasbro actually needs to take a page from Mattel's Wonder Woman. Ship a baf assortment, but also ship solid cases of the hot figure / new movie lead(s). So you don't end up with 6/8 pegwarmers for every case.
>>
>>6357439
>Seriously, before the MCU, Avengers had some of the lamest looking characters. I'm sure *someone* wants them, but they make terrible looking toys.

As a kid, I always thought Marvel had really bootleg looking superheroes outside the main ones like Spidey and the X-men. That said, I do appreciate all the C-listers Hasbro does, because they're almost what makes Marvel, marvel. The really loud costume aesthetics. The problem is, they really shouldn't be selling them for $20; it makes it much harder to impulse buy. If these guys where released as two packs with no BAF pieces for $25-30, it'd make people much more satisfied; casual collectors wouldn't have to buy characters they don't want to make a BAF, and hardcore fans can get the Z-listers they need to complete a line-up.
>>
>>6357415

Is that the Hovertank Pilot wave? It was almost unreal to see, without exaggeration, 15 filled pegs with that same figure.
>>
>>6357455

You're never going to see 2 packs under $40 bud. All the recent ones which sport at least 1 repaint have $39.99 srps.

Sorry to say, but using them as con exclusives or bbts box sets make the most sense.

Eg, for the gotg stuff, throw Ex Ni-who-now?, Vance and Deaths head into a boxed exclusive whatever, then a 8 pc baf Mantis wave of

Darkhawk
Nova
Angela
Adam Warlock
Nebula
Yondu
Gamora
Drax

+
Non BAF cases 2x
Starlord
Starlord 2
Groot
Rocket
>>
File: X-Force Series I.jpg (33KB, 600x181px) Image search: [Google]
X-Force Series I.jpg
33KB, 600x181px
The old Toy Biz X-Force figures have to be up there for consistently worst. The 6th wave was fine, but the others were just jam packed with shit and never ever sold. If I think back to Walgreens in the 1990's I immediately imagine Gideon, GW Bridge, Kane, and Grizzly sitting on the pegs every time I went to look for new stuff for at least 3 solid years. They might still be there if I look hard enough.
>>
>>6357524
I definitely remember seeing forearm and warpath for ages at the stores, unsure about the others.
>>
File: 0.jpg (41KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
41KB, 500x300px
>>6357524
Okay, so the ones you named are a bit boring, sure, but the rest of the wave was pretty solid. I remember being excited as a kid getting the likes of Deadpool, Stryfe, Sjatterstar, Warpath, and Cable. Hell, that Cable was my favorite toy for a long time even though his right arm was crippled by a dumb karate chop gimmick.

I even thought Forearm was pretty cool even though I had no idea who he was, simply because he had four arms and I was into four armed toys. Anyway, my point is, it had some stinkers, but it wasn't a bad wave.
>>
File: storm toy biz.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
storm toy biz.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>6359339
>>6357524
You guys dont know what pegwarming is when this stupid bitch stayed up for literally years in TRUs and KayBees.

The XForce wave disappeared faster than Deadpool does today compared to the dozens of Storms that prevented new stock from coming in.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.