[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bionicle G1 ONLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0062.jpg (69KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
69KB, 640x420px
>getting bionicle collection back in few days
>Post your fav set from G1
>I hate you G2
>>
Bumping this because G1
>>
>>6352107
Geewun bonkles were such a piecey mess back then.
>>
>>6352271
G2 seemed almost "childish" in appearance. Big blocky peices and printed on graphics. Shoulda left that in HereHo Factree
>>
Bump because G1 wasn't a hero factory rebrand
>>
>>6352334
Yeah, it was a Slizer rebrand.
>>
>>6352339
>it wasn't a hero factory rebrand
>Yeah, it was a slizer rebrand
At least when slizer's short life came to an end there wasn't already the bionicle story out to capatilize on with a rebrand. I myself, a G1 fan only grabbed a couple G2 because of the name and quickly realized what it was...
>>
>>6352339
Slizer was pathetic
>>
Lhikan was my personal fav but I had all the waves from the beginning to like the fifth. I didn't even know there was a g2 lol
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (56KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
56KB, 640x417px
>>6352387
Agreed Lihkan was an awesome set
>>
>>6352387
G2 was released 2015-16. Discontinued again in 2017. Alright sets but Lego should have left Bionicle just rest peacefuly after the first discontinuation in 2010 IMO
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (130KB, 640x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
130KB, 640x788px
Makuta Teridax will always have special place in my heart. 1st titan set but i was so young i couldn't even built it the 1st time
>>
>>6352431
Seeing this brings back memories haha
>>
-------------> /biog/

Also, G2 sets are nowhere as bad as you people claim. G1's high points beat G2 but most G1 sets after 2003 were severly mediocre.
>>
I asked Delta Customs about a new CCBS theme...there is no new theme,only SW :(
>>
Reminder that CCBS is objectively superior to the old style parts
>>
>>6360327
true
>>
>>6360327

It is, but people are too drenched in nostalgia to realize it.
>>
>>6360327
is it really? I don't have any CCBS, just a shit ton of the G1 bonkles. How is it better?
>>
>>6360621
>way more sturdy
>can be used to build things that aren't robots since pistons, gears and all that stuff are added later on and aren't integrated into the basic parts themselves
>blends in much better with System bricks
>is an actual system like the standard Lego bricks compared to the "let's just design a part for the hell of it" approach of the previous constraction themes
>>
>>6360649
>way more sturdy
probably, since it's newer, and they learn from past mistakes
>can be used to build things that aren't robots since pistons, gears and all that stuff are added later on and aren't integrated into the basic parts themselves
kinda, yeah, but I mean, CCBS still does kinda have that look, just with less greebling and more gigantic flat pieces.
>blends in much better with System bricks
how? it doesn't really look like it attaches in anyway. I mean, I guess it has a lot more flat smooth pieces

>is an actual system like the standard Lego bricks compared to the "let's just design a part for the hell of it" approach of the previous constraction themes
G1 is still a system, just a lot more open ended one, though that does seem to vary a bit.

It looks to me like the CCBS is more limited in that it doesn't look like it interfaces with technic parts very well.
At any rate, are there any cheap sets to pick up to check it out?
>>
>>6360658
No more Bonkle sets,only expenisve SW ones. Try Mixels or Nexo Battle suits
>>
File: nexo.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nexo.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>6360668
>Nexo Battle suits
oh my god, they make me puke a little in my mouth....

So basically it just adds tiny ball joints or something? Like Exo-Force had awhile back?
>>
>>6360658
>It looks to me like the CCBS is more limited in that it doesn't look like it interfaces with technic parts very well.

It interfaces just as well with technic, if not better, it just does it a little differently. It's also much easier to effectively integrate system parts into builds now IMO. You should check out some CCBS focused groups on Flickr. People like Djokson prove just how versatile the system is.
>>
>>6360327
THANK YOU
G1 may have better aesthetics but as a whole CCBS is a much more well thought system. If only we got BIONICLE 2017, we would be swimming in the best year ever for CCBS.

(I admit I hated CCBS until BIONICLE's return, but G2 finally brought justice to the system showing its true potential)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.