[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird experience with Mandarake; beware eBay sellers from Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: mandarake_5477825_l.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mandarake_5477825_l.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
About a year ago, I noticed that I seemed to be blacklisted from Mandarake, despite spending hundreds there regularly with no issue. every order I had would just get an Order Error page. I tried contacting them, but would just get no reply. Eventually I just gave up and moved on though periodically I'd window shop and lament my circumstances. I decided to give it a shot again and to my surprise, someone actually replied.
Apparently a purchase made in my name two years ago and address had a credit card issue. But I hadn't filed an issue, and the userID wasn't my own. I looked over the order and found that it was one I made, but on eBay, through another seller, bihenJapan. I sent them screencaps of everything and told them they were a known scammer, using your info on eBay to middleman Mandarake purchases, then claiming fraud. They unblocked my info, but warned me that if it happened again I'd be permanently banned(which is a bit unnerving, because how am I supposed to know a seller is fraudulent, let alone one with almost unanimous positive feedback?). I had made a few other purchases from them after the eBay thing, o my banning wasn't immediate, ti took months for them to blacklist me.

Anyway, the point is, if you plan on buying from Mandarake, you might want to avoid buying from eBay or certain other sites. Even if the discounts with coupons or eBay bucks seem tempting, you might screw yourself over unknowingly.
>>
>>6351217
Man, that's really fucked up. Thanks for the warning.
>>
>>6351217
So basically an Ebay seller used your info to hassle Mandarake and you got banned, though you were able to fix it?
>>
>>6351217
So let me get this straight. You bought from a guy claiming to be middle-manning for Mandarake on eBay, and they scammed Mandarake? But on top of this, you knew the guy was a scammer?
Why the fuck would you need a middleman for buying from Mandarake?
Why the fuck would you trust anyone on eBay with your CC info?
You knew the guy was a scammer to start with?

Sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
>>6351437
Basically yes.
>>6351439
No. I bought something off a guy on eBay, and had no idea the guy was a scammer. Manda showed me that a fraudulent order was made with my name and address, and I looked up my records and saw I bought the same item on eBay, not knowing that they'd just buy it off Mandarake.

I paid on eBay using paypal; it seems they then paid Mandarake with a credit card of their own, they never got my CC info and the mandarake order wasn't made with my CC info. Had I know they'd just order it off Mandarake, I'd have bought it myself.
>>
>>6351469
Oh, and in addition, the guy from Mandarake also told me the seller was a known scammer, though I can't find any info on it. Looking at the shop again, it looks like they haven't sold anything in a while.

And I stand corrected, they don't seem to be from Japan, they're in Vietnam, or rather one of those dubious sellers that claim to be located in an Asian country and also the US on different pages. Which just makes me more apprehensive about ordering from Asian sellers in general. I've had great experiences and deals, but man Mandarake is just too good to risk it.
>>
>>6351217
how convoluted

it aint easy bein a weeb
>>
>>6351502
Word
>>
From what I hear, people who know how to abuse Mandarake and Japanese eBay/ Yahoo Auctions Japan can fuck you good.

IIRC, in the US if you file a complaint on an auction, customer service is more inclined to side with the buyer at first because theyre the ones spending money, while in Japan they tend to back the seller. Burden of proof lies with the buyer to prove they were sold a shitty product and even then its iffy.

Also they aint too keen on foreigners buying stuff altogether, and will usually back the native Japanese over a US buyer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.