[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rubik Cubes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does anyone in here likes RubikĀ“s cubes?
>>
yeah
>>
>>6349413
Yeah but i am too retarded to finish one
>>
>>6349470
Solving them is easy; all you have to do is follow algorithms.

The difficulty comes in with doing it as fast as possible and efficiently using algorithms.
>>
>>6349413

I do. I remember I made a post about it here like two years ago and was told no one on /toy/ likes them. I found it weird.

I have a small collection of around 10 cubes. It's difficult to add to my collection because I have the rule of only getting stickerless cubes. From memory I have: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, megaminx, pyraminx, square-1, a mirror and two cubes whose names I can't remember.

>>6349494

To me it's not about speed, it's about solving the challenge by yourself. Anyone can go on youtube or the thousands of websites detailing the algorythms. "Turn this face this way, now this way. Congratulations you have solved the cube", that doesn't do much for me. Of course that's how I started out with the 3x3, memorized a bunch of steps to solve it in decent time. But then when I got a 4x4 I wanted to see if I could solve it without any help and I was able to. Felt pretty good, that's why I got more cubes.
>>
>>6349413
I have one, bought it 15 years ago or so.

I can finish it but only by patterns that a friend of mine taught me. I did figure out one or two patterns to modify the bottom (which he did not have a pattern for), but that's it.

But this is enough to solve it in under 1 minute if I'm lucky, and I can set the cube up so all the middle cubes on the sides (ie. the ones with 2 faces only) have their faces in the correct location, but with inverted colours.
>>
Yeah, my 3x3 solves hover around 30 seconds. I just ordered a yuxin 7x7.
>>
>>6349494
That's true. I bought a cube 3 days ago and already could solve it by the next day. Can't do it faster than 2 minutes, though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.