[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone collect Minimates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: DMC11063.jpg (52KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
DMC11063.jpg
52KB, 752x564px
I used to be really into them for about a decade or so, but I haven't bought a set in a year or so. I mean, the Marvel license especially has really been shitty the last few years. Little to no box-sets, too many MCU Waves, way too many updates of the same characters, no cool SDCC stuff. Sure, the Wolverine Wave is nice and all, but look at all the rest.

Anyone remember the days of the Dark Avengers sets? Or the TTA Box-Sets? Or the Character Waves? Nowadays it's all MCU, MCU, MCU with some obscure characters thrown in the comic waves, alongside updates of the same A/B-Listers.
>>
>>6348732
I totally feel you brother, I'm in the same boat.

I fell in love with Minimates because of their deep character line up and their small scale. They scratch my itch of collecting while not overtaking my shelves with 6inch hunks of plastic.

But yeah, since the MCU has become their main thrust (Marvel wise at least) I've been buying less and less and generally losing the desire to keep buying. I loved that Avengers wave late last year (or early this year) because it reminded me how awesome all those big classic costumes look on these little guys. And I loved this new Wolverine Wave way more than I expected, but honestly that's probably because of the audacity of that Mojo figure.

It's so shitty because I want an MCU line to tank so they'll make more comic lines, but I fear that if a line bombs hard, the whole line will just get cancelled.

Sucks man... Really sucks.
>>
The comic waves still prove to be good. The MCU ones are always kind of disappointing, but, it's just proof that DST just wants to push safe bets that they think will sell. Too bad that I constantly see MCU stuff clearanced, and can never find the new comic stuff.
>>
Even the comic waves I'd say aren't up to snuff the last few years. They refuse to make a Moon Knight, but they give us two Blizzards and Shanna? They're not even using the Halloween 4-Pack to put out some supernatural characters. As if the Zombie sets that get clearanced in a month sell much better. Add the MCU overload and the weird comic choices, and this line has really gone downhill.
>>
>>6348990
They've already made Moon Knight, though? They haven't made his most recent costume, but he came with armored Daredevil years ago.
>>
>>6348995
Yeah, they made the 2006 look back in 2009 or so. But when his book is one of thew Marvel titles who're doing good without "muh headlinez", it's insane to refuse to make the new costume, for about 4 years, when you're pumping out the original fucking Blizzard and Tigra.

Even that's not the whole problem. Chuck's not making more TTA sets 'cause he wants the A-Listers to anchor waves... Motherfucker, you haven't given us a Spider-Man wave since 24! Unless you count "MCU Civvies" as a "Spidey" wave... Same goes for Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, etc, etc.

Not to mention all the blind bags. The line is really going downhill.
>>
I picked up a few of my favorite characters when the line was new just to check them out. haven't really cared much since.
>>
>>6349001
>Motherfucker, you haven't given us a Spider-Man wave since 24!

Huh? I thought Wave 30 was a Spider-Man wave.
>>
>>6349434
Eh, potato-potahto. We're in Wave 82 now. We need a new themed wave. 54 was perfect.
>>
>>6348732
lol minimates are almost as bad as Funko
>>
I had an eye on them in case they did anything I really wanted' but nothing that really caught my eye. I did end up buying most of the marvel vs capcom set though.
>>
>>6349649
Even if you don't like Minimates, there's no reason to make shit up. Funko are literal cancer, Minimates are at least super poseable and are way less hipster shit.
>>
>>6349710
Calling them 'super poseable' is a bit of a stretch. I do like my Minimates, but I think Mega Bloks/Construx actually does small-scale articulation even better.
>>
File: Guy and Kilowog.jpg (688KB, 1552x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Guy and Kilowog.jpg
688KB, 1552x1256px
I've bought some, but I wouldn't say I collect them. I haven't seen many that I would consider buying. These two are my favorite.
>>
>>6348732
I wish they didn't fall apart so easily. Some of them would make cool pocket/travel figures, but I would lose tiny pieces too easily, I think.
>>
The last comic themed marvel ave is the wolverine one right? I can't even remember the last time I ordered any of these. I still want my Spirits of Vengeance wave.
>>
>>6350986
I used to glue the feet back in the day. The worst thing is, the paint chips off way too easily, and I've had tons of them just break. Especially at the knees. Crappy plastic, really.
>>6351024
That just got released, and it's the only good wave in a long time. The number of annual waves has been reduced, box-sets are not coming out, TRU takes less characters and they're putting out more MCU than comic figures.

I'd love a supernatural wave, but the assholes refuse to make anything non-MCU related. They've been releasing Zombie sets for 4 years now, instead of just doing a Marvel Horror 4-Pack. It's as if they're legitimately brain damaged.
>>
I have a lot of the early waves of the Marvel stuff but I don't collect them anymore. They were great though.

Every so often I see a set that I think looks nice but I haven't bought any in a long long time.

Stuff on such a small scale doesn't interest me so much nowadays.
>>
>>6348732
I remember those TTA sets could have been awesome, but ended up being victim to shitty selection.

Like where it should have been a place to really dive deep into the different costume variations of a character, they ended up just being... boring. Why not have a Patch and Fang costume for the Wolverine TTA? Or a Nomad and Man without a Country (from the Waid run) for the Cap TTA? Or a Tailed version of Venom for his TTA?

FRUSTRATING!
>>
>>6348826
Perhaps the marvel line is a bit deluded with mcu designs but I feel like Minimates has only branched out further as a toyline. Now you can have spiderman team up with the ninja turtles and the Ghostbusters to fight aliens and spongebob.
>>
>>6360313
All the while helping Nathan Drake hunt for treasure, and eluding Walkers.
>>
>>6360368
That's barely even scraping the barrel. They have everything from nightmare before christmas,to battle beasts, predator,pirates of the carribean,watchmen,and the muppets. When the marvel line is drying up you should just turn your head to find something else. There's a hole wall of opportunity.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.