[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 1 Preorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3659.jpg (156KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3659.jpg
156KB, 1024x683px
Day 1 Preorder
>>
Looks really good, hoping for East Blue Luffy and Usopp soon.
>>
>>6346459
I don't understand how Perona is more popular than say East Blue Luffy (the main character) or Nami (the first girl nakama).

Anyway, waiting for the invetiable Croc who's gonna be awesome
>>
Also are they (VAH) ditching post-timeskip Brook and Franky to cash in on pre-timeskip figures?

Fuck it, what's even the point of collecting if they're not making the figures necessary to complete a goddamn team
>>
>>6346459
They really do look good, i'd get a pre timeskip brook
>>
>>6347022
Because the others have got a figure in some form already and she hasn't gotten anything at all.

The real question you should ask is why did characters like Zoro get preskip versions so fast when they haven't even finished the main nakama line up yet.
>>
File: BadWolfVindici1493118114.jpg (74KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
BadWolfVindici1493118114.jpg
74KB, 600x477px
>>6346459
>that face
>>
>>6347071
because Zoro's preskip outfit is god-tier, and hist post-timeskip outfit is mediocre.
>>
>>6347081
they change outfits every damn arc, i'd just call it fishman island outfit now.
>>
>>6347026
>>6347071
Don't be an autist bitch. You're sure sounding like one. Who cares what order they're coming out in? So long as each figure they make looks good, I can wait till the other characters get made. If they make 4 great Zoro's before a single Brook, we're still getting 4 great Zoro's.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495853611555.jpg (73KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495853611555.jpg
73KB, 675x1200px
I need more info on this beautiful bastard
>>
File: 91QOEaYuDeL.jpg (526KB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
91QOEaYuDeL.jpg
526KB, 1400x2100px
If we get far enough in this line my dream figure would be Zoro vs Mr. 1 style Zoro (and the rest of the crew in their Alubasta outfits). It's cool that we're at least getting Thriller Bark era pre-timeskip guys, can't wait for Franky especially, but I hope we at least get some kind of Vivi.
>>
>>6347072
Holy shit, including that face. If I wasn't pre-ordering Perona instantly because she's cute or because of the negative hollow that face would seal it.

"Why does a side character have the best accessories of the line so far?" is my only nitpick.
>>
File: ala21ddin211495852971.jpg (71KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
ala21ddin211495852971.jpg
71KB, 540x960px
>>6347114
speaking of multiple characters...

Don't really get what this is about though
>>
>>6347248
Is it a 2.0 already or is it just extra effects/option parts?
>>
>>6347072
>That Zoro.
Welp I have been putting this line off for years but that just broke me.
I fucking need it.
>>
>>6347253
Something about portrait of pirates. Not sure how it makes this a "DX" figure. I thought the whole point of this line was to make articulated P.O.P figures.
>>
>>6347248
It's a POP-sized VAH. Honestly I find the idea baffling.
>>
>>6347279
Right, and if they are now going to start rereleasing everything but better, already I'm gonna kind of be upset about that.

>>6347305
Wait, so, even bigger then?
>>
>>6347248
How big are pops? I might need this.
>>
File: IMG_4406.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Where the fuck is Brook and Franky?
>>
>>6347328
>>6347429

1/8 instead of 1/10 i suppose
>>
>>6347554
>It's even bigger.
>>
>>6347537
I'm hoping they are delaying Franky and Brook so they can nail their weird body shapes.
>>
>>6347681
Seriously.
The weird scale is all that has been holding me back from this line (Although the sexy pre-skip figures are making me rethink that.)
Making the scale even weirder isn't going to help matters.
>>
>>6347735
yeah I guess im pretty autistic when it comes to scale, i've been buying 1/12 my whole life so anything else just doesnt feel right.

I guess i should be glad though, if these were 1/12 i would have no doubt got the whole line. Zoro looks so good but i just can't do it.
>>
>>6347554
fucking assholes, go the other way!
>>
They'll probably show the crocodile prototype at wonfes. Whitebeard didnt turn out so good so im curious how they'll handle crocodiles jacket.
>>
>>6347072
My husband
>>
File: autismbanner.jpg (136KB, 719x416px) Image search: [Google]
autismbanner.jpg
136KB, 719x416px
It's just so bewildering how you scale autists purposefully prevent yourselves from enjoying figures on their own merits simply because one item doesn't line up shoulder to shoulder with another perfectly.
>>
>>6348085
Scale is only one factor, the quality and price is the main turn-off for me. Most of the figures have poor articulation and some bad sculpts/paintwork.
and then there's luffy with no accessories and posing his legs damages his crotch piece.

It's hard to jump in on this line because it's a gamble on what you're gonna get. Ace was good, while whitebeard was trash.
Who knows if zoro will have a similar problem to luffy or not.
>>
>>6348085
The only problem I have with scale on these is that it makes the figures more cumbersome to store, and that the scale is inconsistent within the line.

Price is the other issue. I'd rather these had been smaller and cheaper rather than larger, and more expensive, with less accessories.
>>
>>6348169
>makes the figures more cumbersome to store
The VAH boxes are roughly the same size as the SAS boxes.
>>
>>6348200
Which I don't collect, so....
>>
>>6348085
Scale could be better though. I would love to take photos of them alongside my SHFs, but they tower over them, limiting the photo potential.
>>
>>6348211
So your point is still invalid because they use the same general box dimensions as many 1/12 import figures.
>>
>>6348234
>SAS is 1/12
Mate, SAS is another line that's out of the 1/12 scale and even out of scale with itself, that's the worst example you could use. And Figuarts have much smaller boxes than either SAS or VAH.
>>
>>6348085
It's silly to make the scale as large as it is for a series where many characters are like 7+ feet tall with super long legs. Now they have painted themselves into a corner with their wonky scale. They better give me my tall characters.
>>
File: IMG_20170528_1704562_rewind.jpg (531KB, 1560x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_1704562_rewind.jpg
531KB, 1560x2080px
>>6347072
I got the bootleg of his first VAH, can't wait to get this new one. It's not bad for a bootleg, I'm glad I'll have both his new and his old swords.
>>
>>6348169
Difficult to store has to be one of the dumbest nits I've seen here. This is low effort complaining.
>>
>>6348577
Worse, they make the scale too large, then when they go to make characters that ARE huge, like whitebeard, they downsize them way out of scale.
>>
>>6348664
The reality is that when you have a product line, as in several products, you have to keep the price relatively consistent if your intent is to target the same consumers.
>>
>>6348670
POP, the one piece merch they branched VAH off of, can and DO have high price variation.

Again, this would have been less of an issue even if they targeted a smaller more common scale.
>>
>>6348093
>whitebeard was trash
What was wrong with him? He seems generally okay from a few reviews I've seen on him.
>>
>>6348677
Get off it, scale autist. Go boohoo elsewhere.
>>
>>6348093
>Scale is only one factor, the quality and price is the main turn-off for me.
Legitimate complaint about price, quality can also be spotty in terms of stuff breaking or not fitting right.
>Most of the figures have poor articulation and some bad sculpts/paintwork.
Highly disagree about sculpt and paint. There is a few with some crap choices but generally speaking sculpts are spot on and paint is very good. The issue is they tend to value sculpt OVER articulation which leads to some shit engineering choices.
>and then there's luffy with no accessories and posing his legs damages his crotch piece.
Hasn't been a problem since. Luffy was their first release and they designed the legs in a way where you got no range unless you bent the rubber pants which were white plastic underneath blue paint. When it cracked the white plastic became super visible and ugly. No other figure has had this problem.

That said you're correct about the line being a gamble. They are expensive, in a bigger scale than all other lines and you never know if it's going to be an amazing release or a sub-par disappointing one. Because when you pay $80-100+ for a figure you don't just want something that looks good in terms of sculpt/paint but sucks in every other way.
>>
>>6348858
How much does it pay to be an apologist? I've always wondered.
>>
>>6348946
The guy that can't stand owning a Zoro because he's too tall to hang out with Batman or Kamen Rider is the guy in the wrong.
>>
>>6348946
>baaaaaawwww a toy line doesn't fit perfectly with my other toys
>clearly they're wrong in doing that, why can't they understand the error of their ways?
Jesus, you must be a hit at parties.
>>
ITT:

>These would be cheaper and better if they weren't such a large scale
>BAWWWW SCALE AUTISTS!
>>
>>6349606
>cheaper and better
cheaper sure, but better is subjective.
I don't mind the size. I like having some larger figures on display. having all your same-scale figures lined up like little soldiers is visually monotonous.
>>
>>6349606
>this much assblastedness
I see that the autism goes past scale issues and consumes your entire being.
>>
>>6350236
gotem
>>
>>6349606
>BAWW THEY'RE TOO HIGH END INSTEAD OF BEING PLAYABLE AND SMALL AND CLICKY AND BOUNCY FOR ME IM MOMMYS BABY BOY
>>
>>6350267
>VAH
>High end
lol they are mid tier figures rife with QC issues at a premium price.
>>
>>6349626
>having all your same-scale figures lined up like little soldiers is visually monotonous
>he thinks everyone poses figures in boring ass standing poses
Not everyone is a retarded Marvel Legends collector
>>6350283
It's like people forgot that shit like Gintoki and Devilman happened
>>
>>6350288
There's literally zero difference in the autism spectrum between walmart shopping ML collectors and general scale autsists. They are cut from the same retard cloth.
>>
>>6350288
I mean, I like my VAH figures, but about half of them have QC issues, and one of them had REALLY bad QC issues that required me to modify, reglue, and repaint parts of it.

I would NEVER call them high end figures.
>>
>>6350283
>>6350288
>>6350298
They are high end in price but middle end at best in actual execution. When you get a good one it's a great one but those are few and far between. Most of them have major engineering issues and QC issues are too common to call them high end. It's definitely a step up from SHF in terms of overall representation but the price, scale and QC issues leave much to be desired.
>>
File: 1473166842197.jpg (51KB, 515x482px) Image search: [Google]
1473166842197.jpg
51KB, 515x482px
>>6348085
It's bewildering how autists like you can't understand why someone wouldn't want figures in this scale.
>>
File: Autismroutines.jpg (18KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
Autismroutines.jpg
18KB, 300x192px
>>6350422
You're the one that does pic related, autismo. Normal collectors don't care about their figures lining up to such extents, because we buy stuff without any sort of mental disease hangups.

I would say "try it" but I know how important routines are to your kind.
>>
>>6347081
If you were a real One Piece fan, you'd know there is no "pre timeskip" or "post timeskip" outfit.

This isn't Naruto, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>6348085
>people who have different views than me are autistic
From DSM-IV:
>An autistic person may also lack ability to understand things from another's perspective, making them unable to comprehend or predict other people's responses to their own actions.
hue
>>
>>6346459
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT COLOR ARE HER PANTIES!!!!!!!!
>>
Scalefags ruin everything. Who cares how tall they are? No one would even want to see your autistic photos of Luffy fighting Darth Vader or whatever.
>>
>>6351391
The main problem here is that they're not even in scale between themselves.
>>
>>6351391
Who the flying fuck gives a shit about other people or pictures?

>Want to play with my toys. You know, what toys are supposed to be for.
>Normal sized character ends up as a huge giant among the others because it is only available in a shitty ass scale.
>>
>>6351064
>unable to comprehend or predict other people's responses
Funny, it was perfectly predictable that a scale autist like you would reeeee out and deflect away any criticism. Face it, your life is governed by an autistic inability to let 2 things that aren't perfectly compatible be next to each other. It's sad. Us normal people want you to be happy, not frustrated by your Corkyisms.
>>
>>6351419
>The main problem here is that they're not even in scale between themselves.
This. It's Play Arts Kai all over again where even within the same damn line stuff is out of scale. Except at least with Play Arts Kai they were IN SCALE with other characters from the same game. The scale changed from property to property though ranging from 8 inches tall to 10 inches tall.

It's one thing to have a literal giant mech have a smaller figure because you can't make some 30 inch tall monstrosity but an in scale White Beard was perfectly possible. Even if he was just 12 inches tall it would have been "close enough" and it wouldn't have cost that much more. To be accurate 14 inches would have been the right height, also an achievable size.
>>
>>6351447
>trust me, I'm an arm chair business expert!
How about we just call the release disappointing and not have you embarrass yourself by pretending to know these things?
>>
>>6351492
It doesn't take a business expert to realize that having characters from the same property scale well with one another is generally a good idea when it's possible. If someone is willing to spend 14,000 yen they'd certainly be willing to spend 20,000 yen to get the same figure in proper scale. It's not like this line is aimed at children and mass retail.

It's the same reason the figma God Hand figures will do well despite being expensive as shit. They aren't aimed at everyone, they are aimed at a very specific crowd willing to pay more for premium figures with premium paint jobs and proper scale.
>>
didnt know subjectanon was a one piece fan
>>
>>6351434
>getting upset and arguing on /toy/ because someone doesn't collect the same way you do
hue
>>
>>6351500
Also doesn't take a business expert to know that One Piece merch sells regardless of quality. They sold a figure at a high price, at a smaller size than it should have been. The people that were going to buy it bought it. At that price point, you're not going to have many "maybe" people anyway, they were either set for the purchase or they'd just balk one way or another.

Keep putting in the effort, champ. That imaginary business degree might come in handy eventually. But not with this line.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.