[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

display suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1334637774303.gif (2MB, 232x174px) Image search: [Google]
1334637774303.gif
2MB, 232x174px
My girlfriend is a librarian. I've been collecting toys thanks to this board about 2 years now. She had a request, honestly...completely random, to display "comic and toy" related things from a coworker to set up a display for some artist coming through.

I've got a semi-decent collection and I'm willing to volunteer p much everything except my Berserk junk since it doesn't really relate.

Everything I've collected has mostly been hoarding, though. I don't have a proper display case and I want to use it as a chance to learn...but I don't want to embarrass myself.

I've posed a few of my things for fun but most are still in box. Just need help with a few things:

- any risers you recommend
- what do you call those explosion effects you use and where
- small tips for posing that don't overwhelm me

I've got some LEGO, TF MP, figma, revoltech, figuarts that I'm going to be putting out. This will be a nice chance to get shit on by normies and possibly have a grand or two of plastic stolen from me. But it's a good breaking point to get these faggots out of their cages.
>>
>>6343975
You can print out actual comicbook explosions and just glue them to poster board, cut them out, and make a stand also out of posterboard
>>
>>6343975
Wire coat hangers make simple, elegant figure stands for flying/leaping poses.
>>
>>6343987
I sort of like the explosion idea. I don't think people can stand on posterboard, tho.
>>
>>6343975
bandai makes most of the effects. theyre a bit pricey and shipping times are a bit of a wait.
>>
>>6344019
>bandai
that helped a lot. thanks.
>>
>>6344018
I meant use the posterboard to make stands for the explosions. Like with paper dolls.
>>
>>6343975
>My girlfriend is a librarian.
Ever done it in the library?
>>
>>6344124
i don't trust the official gov sex tapes
>>
>>6344016
Fucking kek

But in all honesty, if you're going to do this, file off the ends and place them in a good spot or else the paint may chip off the figure.
>>
File: Spidey and Daredevil.png (724KB, 876x503px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey and Daredevil.png
724KB, 876x503px
>>6343987
I'll second this. Paper works great for effects, and you can use things like cotton balls for smoke. You can also use glue sticks to make effect pieces and add a couple drops of paint into it for fire or whatever you're making for the scene.
>>
The best advice is learn to pose. Look at comics, action pix, anything to help give you an idea of how figures in motion look. Look at where the arms are in relationship to the legs, where the center of gravity is. Do people look like that when they throw a punch? Character is jumping, why does it look like he's lying down? Stiff, lifeless, static vs Motion, Life, Dynamic.

There are dozens of reference books, sites, etc out there that can help.
Too many displays could have been 1000 times better if it weren't for the fact the owner couldn't pose to save their ass.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.