[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meanwhile in /toy/'s bizarro world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 21

File: bizzaro_world.jpg (111KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
bizzaro_world.jpg
111KB, 650x365px
>figma prices have dropped again
>Who collects Frame Arms Girls? That's a dead line, Busou Shinkis are the new shit.
>Nendos & cu-poches are articulated shit, Funko Pops are vinyl master race
>>
> TFfags handle criticism.
> No BBTS shills.
>>
>>6342734
>Subjectanon discovers that all toylines have their merits
>>
File: review_bizarro_large.jpg (97KB, 600x896px) Image search: [Google]
review_bizarro_large.jpg
97KB, 600x896px
I collect XYZ figures and don't care about ABC figures. They're just not something I'm into.
But if you like them, that's ok. As long as you're enjoying them, that's all that matters.
>>
I have no need to worry about trolls, or other bogeymen. I can just ignore them and concentrate on what makes this hobby enjoyable, instead of shitflinging with strangers over some minor, insignificant issue.
We're anonymous. Nobody knows who we are. I have no "face" to lose, no image to uphold.
>>
File: bizarro finally released.jpg (63KB, 284x457px) Image search: [Google]
bizarro finally released.jpg
63KB, 284x457px
Mattel sucks no matter what world we're in.
>>
>>6342757
> Bizarro World WB execs actually grow a brain or die off leaving the rings to nontards.
> Mattel better ship up or ship out.
> Hasbro gets the license.
> D.C. Legends figs.
>>
When will Lego stop releasing such under-priced, non-licensed sets??
>>
Where's Planelegs? I miss his sweet and heartwarming comics of pampering his Shinkis.
>>
File: IMG_3874.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3874.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
>>6342804
I know right? but at lest the few license they have are great!
I especially love the Star Wars ships. It's incredible how many non-rectangular shapes and colors they have!

Too bad we LEGO fans are so few we can barely sustain a general.

I'm not saying we should have more than one (that would be crazy!) but it would be awesome to have one tha wasn't as slow as a slug.
>>
>another thread deleted for jointedshit.
>/toy/ only discusses the highest quality statue collectibles

Man, guys, I wish Bandai would slow down with their Figuarts releases, hell, maybe even cancel one or two. I can hardly keep up with each release.
>another preorder is announced, this one for S.H. Figuarts Lord Slug.
>Had to know this was coming. They've already released half of the other movie villains
> Just KNOW he will go in stock before his schedule date

...fuck. Oh well, at least they're fairly affordable and don't become crazy expensive once they go aftermarket
>>
File: chadthunder.jpg (56KB, 560x602px) Image search: [Google]
chadthunder.jpg
56KB, 560x602px
Hey guys! I just got home from practice and saw that my S.H. Figuarts Blue Beetleborg arrived!!
>>
>>6342846
Yeah, but did you get the Tamashii Nations Exclusive Flabber?
>>
>>6342834
Only the non-z line gets rapid releases like that usually though. It's nice that they throw z fans a bone here and thhere though.
>>
I wish Bandai would step their game up and adopt printing tech for their faces like Hasbro does. Honestly I have no idea how they expect to compete with the Black Series when Hasbro's offerings have the well painted faces.

Speaking of Hasbro, I can't believe how good Combiner Wars was. Awesome engineering, no mold reuse at all, great paint, superb QC, and the combined modes are amazing. I really like how they made the hands and feet work really well for the combiners but still do stuff when they're separated. And Devastator was easily the best combiner we've ever gotten.
>>
I just dropped my entire PAK collection off the top of a ten story building. They all landed on a van below and blew a hole in its roof, and STILL they didn't break.

How do they make these things so sturdy? I'm going to rent a steamroller next to see if it works, look out for that thread.
>>
Jesus is bandai going to release EVERY version of Bulma?
>>
Whos looking forward to Gobots: age of extinction?
>>
Why can't I hold all these Big Duo figures? They've made so many of them it's rediculous.
>>
>>6342907
I'm personally more excited for Street Sharks 3: Back to Fission City
>>
>>6342896
Dude don't bother, I already tried a tactical airstrike (don't ask how I pulled it off) and not even a paint smudge. Seriously, what black magic are they using?

And how do they keep them so cheap!? I already bought every single one (including ones I didn't even want) and it still hasn't dented my wallet!
>>
I started my period today :(
>>
Why can't Square get more licenses? I just love when a franchise I love only gets PAKs
>>
File: vulcan6.png (741KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan6.png
741KB, 800x600px
>>6342846
Nice, can't wait to get all the remaining Jetmen and Dairangers myself!
>>
>>6342981
Omigosh me too, we must have synced.
>>6343000
You won't have to wait long, the sentai line is going so strong after the third reissue for the Beet-Buster and Stag-Buster pack.
>>
File: 1495534168371.png (52KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
1495534168371.png
52KB, 335x378px
While I am glad we are getting a lot of well designed cartoon figures I kind of wish we could get some Asian stuff every now and then.
I know everybody is excited for Hasbro's SWAT Kats Classics line and Mattel's Cartoon Network shit but I just wish we could get some figures from classic anime like Love Live or Attack on Titan or something.
>>
>>6342798
would it not go to hasbro in bizzaro world? Hasbro would be shit hypothetically, right?
>>
>>6342993
I am the same way but with Nendoroids.
I hate that Ushio to Tora, Nichijou, and Non Non Biyori only got Figma.
Terraformars at least had a roach Nendo but he looks weird next to the Akari and Michelle Figma.
>>
>>6342734
>brand wars don't happen
>>
>>6343178
If we're lucky, all we'll get from Bad Frown Company will be the bulky, muscular men from anime series to pander to the husbando-shit female otaku that dominate the market demand.
>>
>>6343183
Err yeah I didn't really think it all the way through I guess.
>>
>>6342882
Right?
Bandai stuff feels so cheap and hollow, while Hasbro keeps making 100% top-quality toys.
>>
Man, those Transformers Third Party figures are so cheap.

How did they get them cheaper than retail?
>>
hey guys! how are you coping with Bandai restocking ALL of their items every two months! sure it helped me to collect all the 12 gold EX myth cloths and the DX Valks!
>>
>>6343562
Its the movie aesthetic, the franchise was stuck in borring cartoon accuracy until Bay saved it, the first movie was bad, but every sequel gets better!
>>
>>6343000
>SHF Gatezone and Bosgan should be delivered next week
Hype as fuck
>>
Hey guys remember Beast Machine? Holy shit man, those show-accurate toys. We will never have a line that top Beast Machine's toyline. Except maybe Energon.
>>
Wow, those customs made by John "Blood Caleb" Mallamas are so high quality, and he's such a nice person too!
>>
>>6342882
>I wish Bandai would step their game up and adopt printing tech for their faces like Hasbro does
No thank you.
Hasbro's printed faces look like crap and Bandai has such great sculptors they dont need to rely on such a cheap method, because the faces already look like the actors.

>>6343535
Hasbro does everything right but the sculpts. Their preposed statues are painted by the best slavelabor in America, but westerns just don't know how sculpt real people. Thats why their heads always look off and need to use high resolution photoprints on the faces.
>>
>>6342942
You sure you're not confusing that with Big Fau? Insane how many there is of him and yet only one figure of Big O.

Ahh well, maybe the recently announced Season 3 revival will help give us some more stuff. I already own all of the cast in Figma form.
>>
Goddammit I can't believe we're getting our FOURTH iteration of the 2003 Ninja Turtles in collectible form. This is getting overwhelming, guys.

When will the '80s series get this much love?
>>
These MOTUC figs are shelfwarming fucking EVERYWHERE at like $3 a pop and I swear to god Marvel figures are way too abundant. It's like they stock shit instantly.
>>
The current wave of Xevoz is pretty inspired but only feels underwhelming when compared to the delirious heights reached last year with the Octoborg. It's at the top of every Xevoz collector's "Best Of" list for a reason.
>>
>>6342734
Hey, anybody else check out the Kay-Bee store that just opened nearby? As I snapped the pic, an employee said they'd be getting the summer wave of G.I. Joes in soon. He said they're really popular and they have to keep re-ordering stock.
>>
>>6343937
No one cares about the 80s series.
It was horrid.
So who fucking cares.
Fuck you for even reminding me that it exists.

The 2003 series was by the far the best and most memorial
>>
>>6342882
>the combined modes are amazing. I really like how they made the hands and feet work really well for the combiners but still do stuff when they're separated. And Devastator was easily the best combiner we've ever gotten.

Pssst, you're supposed to say things the opposite of how they really are in a thread like this
>>
Jesus christ aren't there enough dinosaur toys?
>>
>>6344344
I know right? And all the joints break up the sculpts so much. I daresay they really have too much articulation sometimes.
>>
>>6344243
>le butthurt Hasbrony
>>
I don't have to viciously defend the ill-conceived headmaster gimmick because my collector identity doesn't depend on unconditionally loving everything ever!
>>
File: TransTechCheetor.jpg (23KB, 270x394px) Image search: [Google]
TransTechCheetor.jpg
23KB, 270x394px
>>6343619
Beast Machines was good but I don't think they will ever top the Transtech line
>>
So glad HasTak finally just spurred the non-ending release of Animated figures into their own line. I love them but time to let some of their other treasures shine for a change.
>>
File: 1392602354092.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392602354092.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
Why can't GSC/MF make more Miku nendos or figmas, we have only got 2 so far, meanwhile they have released a shitton of Lukas, Meikos and Kaitos, Rin & Len needs some love too, they en least have got a version 2.0 this past wonfes, the mikus released so far are from the old mold
I'm not an ungreteful fuck, I have all the Snow Lukas and Racing Meikos, but I need more Mikus in my vocaloid collection
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-17-16h52m57s293.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-17-16h52m57s293.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>6343000
>tfw the rider line died with Kiva
God damnit BoA just give me my power riders reeeeeeee the original masked rider line sold as well as saint seiya in america, where's my dragon knight or original power riders rreeeeeeeee
>>
I have to credit the casting of Bianca Beauchamp for how successful the Jem movie was. Her big, glorious tits probably made half a bil alone. Hasbro was also smart to let Phicen make the dolls, those tits needed the nipples or the dolls would have just been junk.

I'm also glad they let the Misfits have a small role on the movie, Jerry Only's cameo was just a welcome addition.
>>
>tfw the Zodiac P.I. anime is a huge success
>tfw Sirius figma is a truth
>>
File: saber-fateunlimited-artwork.png (1MB, 800x1523px) Image search: [Google]
saber-fateunlimited-artwork.png
1MB, 800x1523px
you knoe?
>>
>>6342897
What is up with Bandai? They won't stop making all the Godzilla Show and Millenium era monsters. It's like they forgot all about Heisei.
>>
>planelegs never revealed himself to be a doll clothes buying faggot and still makes threads
>>
>>6347057
kek
>>
File: That makes you think.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
That makes you think.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>6347106
I keep wondering about the repercussion of that scenario
>>
Sweet my AliExpress order arrived today, I only ordered it yesterday. Almost makes up for the ridiculously high prices they charge for their imitation Lego but when they hold their products to a higher standard in all areas I guess you just gotta bite the bullet for quality.
>>
File: IMG_6157.jpg (119KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6157.jpg
119KB, 900x1200px
THICKEN YOUR PAINTS
>>
Me think Funko pops are god tier.
Why they have no licenses at all to work with?!
>>
>>6353756
Well, c'mon, it's a side-project for Funko, like those awesome Re:Action figures. Their high-quality collector figures is their bread and butter. They can only spend so much on the really niche stuff like Pops.
>>
Any of you guys seen a Cassian or Jyn at retail? All that's at my haunts are the usual batch of Revans and Sabines that have been pegwarming all year!
>>
>>6343000
Why do you collect these? They've literally been giving out Green Rangers with every purchase on BBTS. They're just cheap common figures
>>
>>6355707
No. STILL trying to find the best character in E7.

#whereszuvio?
>>
Why is the never a transformers general on /toy/?
>>
>>6358615
Probably because the toys just got too complex after ROTF and drove the fanbase away.
>>
>>6342820
it's not like LEGO did anything these past years. I think the last set was like Rock Raider wave 8. I really wish they would drop these and actually get some licenced stuff.
>>
I love you guys.
>>
File: eatmyentireassbandai.jpg (45KB, 584x391px) Image search: [Google]
eatmyentireassbandai.jpg
45KB, 584x391px
God dammit, is anyone else tired of what's being released in Super Robot Chogokin these days? I mean just these last 2 years we've had:

>Fighbird
>King Exkaiser
>Da Garn X
>Godmars
>Gravion
>Godannar
>Dangaioh
>Combattler V
>Voltes V
>Daitarn 3
>Iczer Robo
>Gakusaver

I mean, how long is this going to go on? What happened to that Jeeg-colored Mazinger they showed, or the Hello Kitty Mazinger? Why are they wasting our time like this?
>>
Cant wait for the next wave of BIONICLE
>>
Wow, these LEGO Superheroes sets just keep getting better! The minifigures suck but the actual builds are amazing!!!
>>
>>6342734
WTF, transformers released another NEW model with a completely different mold, colors and details. I am starting to think that this is a scam!
>>
>>6344391
Too soon...
>>
Man!
I just got my Figuarts Clover King, and now my JAKQ team is complete! I LOVE the fact that they decided to produce this toku flashback line. The Akumaizer 3 guys, and the Inazuman are fantastic as well!
>>
Guys did you see they're finally announcing a full IP line of CuPoches? Don't get me wrong I love the CuPoche Friends (We have what, 25 Friends now?) and their plethora of accessories, but wouldn't it be cool to finally have all the same amount of IP figures as Monster High?
>>
I wish figma would make more cute anime school girls.

All we get are new Berserk figures and western properties.
At least their realistic face technology is good, beats the hell outa Bandai.
>>
Man, why do Reddit fags Love Nendroids so much? Funko Pop's are the real deal!
>>
>>6342734
Figma did an entire Metal Gear Solid line. What the fuck, who wanted that?
>>
i love all the productive toy discussions we have on this webzone
>>
Everyone her is so nice. Thanks for encouraging me to enjoy my hobby. I love you all
>>
>>6363984
Worst post ever

(OOC: as in Bizarro 'worst')
>>
File: 1326243887197.jpg (270KB, 854x770px) Image search: [Google]
1326243887197.jpg
270KB, 854x770px
Anon from the BST delivered my toy! no problems at all! im happy to give him a fair price for this toy
>>
Goddammit Neca! We don't need so many re-releases of Deacon, give us a goddamned Predator or Xeno for a change!
>>
File: 1458603823936.jpg (153KB, 464x816px) Image search: [Google]
1458603823936.jpg
153KB, 464x816px
I wish that Original Effect could release a few repaints of their figures, so far all we have got are unique molds, every one different form the previous one
Don't get me wrong, I love my Mantisia and Kragon and Daisy, but I really want some repaints for Daisy or a Nazi ver for Chocolatte or some Black/White version for Hi-Rirdine, you knoe! some variants would be nice
>>
I can't keep up with the pace of these fast threads on /toy/, the average life span of these threads are like a couple of hours, I wish that /toy/ could be as slow as /b/ where the threads last about a week
>>
I'm glad this is such an affordable hobby. It would really suck if we there were figures that were so expensive, we would actually have to deliberate buying something we love because of some ridiculous price tag!
>>
I'm so glad the O.S. Kirito looks good, can't wait to add him to the rest of my Kiritos. Surprised he comes with the big end sword, seeing as its barely in the movie.
>>
BOIL YOUR FIGMAS
>>
>>6373107
>BOIL YOUR FIGMAS
>Not sudmerged them in Acetone
Step up senpai
>>
File: 1448064368228.jpg (52KB, 592x754px) Image search: [Google]
1448064368228.jpg
52KB, 592x754px
>3 zodiac masters
>>
I wish Neca would give us some Godzilla figures already. Muto, Zilla, Anguirus, Ghidora, MechaG, and all the other kaiju are just shelfwarming everytime they release them.
>>
File: ethanfmsu.jpg (14KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
ethanfmsu.jpg
14KB, 469x469px
>>6345116
So many damn Gumis, too. Who cares?
>>
I can't believe we are on wave 25 of Xevos.
>>
>>6379090
I'm surprised Zilla is such a shelf warmer given how beloved her movies are. Especially after Toho made her Godzilla's wife!
>>
File: PHcSGaTq8oBnfk_1_l.jpg (85KB, 950x753px) Image search: [Google]
PHcSGaTq8oBnfk_1_l.jpg
85KB, 950x753px
Man, we're into the 5th wave and I still haven't been able to find any of these in store they get bought up so fast. Those little girls love the crap out of them.
>>
>>6379617

The ones styles after the new The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon were the best.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.