[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good bootlegs, bad bootlegs thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 78

File: maxresdefault.jpg (264KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
264KB, 1280x720px
Is there any ""good""/acceptable bootleg connoisseur here at /toy/?

/g/ has similar chinese shit general where people would buy crazy phone & electronic products from aliexpress/taobao just to check if there's any hidden gems

Have you ever knowingly buy a bootleg because the original is too expensive?

Pic related is the bootleg Figma MGS2 soldier. While obviously not up to par, it is good enough at $15 each on ebay if you want to army build generic masked military men. Share your experience
>>
Transformers MP collectors dip into buying KO's all the time because fuck Takara
>>
OH! I've always wanted a thread like this! On ebay I bought a bootleg Shinon from SAO and Insane black rock shooter (both bootleg figma) gotta say theyre not that bad at all!

Shinon had amazing face paint but poor joint quailty. Hair was also a bitch to stick onto the head but id rate her a 7.5/10 for being a good bootleg.

IBRS bootleg was iffy, she was 30 dollars and actually came in a box with all promised accessories. The figure itself was really good! ... but the face paint job was pretty horrible... joints were alot better than Shinon for some reason. Hair for IBRS wasnt soft plastic, it was hard and pointy (uncomfortable to touch and made me suspicious to move the gair around in fear of breaking her) For her I'd rate her seperatly based on figure and paint. 8/10 for a quite nice bootleg figure. Paintwise 2/10. Body paint was decent but the face paint was horrid, made black rock look really ugly.

I plan on buying more someday soon from ebay. Thinking of a bootleg miku figma
>>
I'm planning on buying some bootlegs of the NECA mirage turtles off ebay for a friend for his birthday, so I'm curious if anyone has seller recommendations for them.

Also this is only tangentially related, but I've always wondered why bootlegers never had a way to openly contact them for figure production outside of the presumed language barrier, moreover for making custom stuff like that one self made MCU Vision bootleg that's really good. Personally I'd love to whip up a 3D model and send it off to some down on their luck production plant for some good old fashioned psudo slave labor and led paint in exchange for figures that otherwise would be never ever. Or, higher quality paint for more of a fee preferably. Get on that good old Chinese bandwagon of breaking international copyright law and all.
>>
I've bought bootlegs of Archetype She and He old versions and they were decent figures minus and occasional hiccup in sockets for joints. I bought them for custom fodder, really, but they were considerably solid.

Archetype She Next I've bough one of each coloration and had mixed results. Neck barely stays on the shoulders (shitty design even on the real-deal though), and the first wave of She Next had articulated toes that were horrible. Current run of She Next and He Next have solid feet with no toe articulation. One She Next had loose shoulder sockets with joints falling apart (not breaking), one was solid in every way save the neck-base, and one was good but has tight joints that had me scared they would snap.

Own a bootleg Body-chan and biggest complaint about it being a bootleg is the wrists are too tight at the pegs, making it easy for them to snap when trying to remove the hands (I had to boil mine off and then sand the pegs to be looser). Body-chan's engineering isn't to my liking compared to Figmas but was otherwise okay other than the wrists.

Bootleg Bikini Sonico had squeaky-tight joints that still worry me, shoddily glued together at the bikini bottom and hips (used too much glue and it shows), and the body parts are gummy-soft practically. Paint was horrendous.

Bootleg Figma Snake came upsidedown in the box rig off the bat, so I knew I was in for a fun ride at the start. Paint was even sloppier than the real figma, face was even worse in paint-apps, body engineering was a jerry-rigged half-assed attempt to keep the torso together and still fell apart out of the package, AND the joints broke too easily.

Bootleg Bride Saber was my first bootleg. Paint was sloppy, joints broke with little force, fastening glue on hips was copious, and looked gimpy no matter how your tried to pose it.

So far the Archetypes are the only ones the Chinese seem to get right that I've ordered, older versions in particular.
>>
you know ALL these toys are made in china right?
>>
>>6343590
.... your point?
>>
Cool thread, I would personally like to know how the bootleg Figuarts are, I'm thinking about buying an Iron Man.
>>
>>6343036
It's Sinon... Didn't you watch the show?

I go the original MMPR Megazord KO as a kid and it practically snapped in half in under a week.
>>
>>6343036
> fuckton of issues
> rated 7.5/10, 8/10

anon, you have problems...
>>
Is the bootleg play arts kai Gray Fox good?
>>
>>6342590
lol, I warned someone about bootlegs on ebay and his argument was 'official figmas are manufactured in China too'. He got that bootleg and told me it 'crumbled in his hands' (as in you could tell how brittle the plastic was and how shit the joints were by holding it) and he had to throw it away because only the accessories were salvageable.

But I'm interested in those archetype bootlegs for customs.
>>
>>6343290
>Also this is only tangentially related, but I've always wondered why bootlegers never had a way to openly contact them for figure production outside of the presumed language barrier, moreover for making custom stuff like that one self made MCU Vision bootleg that's really good. Personally I'd love to whip up a 3D model and send it off to some down on their luck production plant for some good old fashioned psudo slave labor and led paint in exchange for figures that otherwise would be never ever. Or, higher quality paint for more of a fee preferably. Get on that good old Chinese bandwagon of breaking international copyright law and all.
This is what third party Transformers is
>>
>>6343290
I don't think you understand how bootlegs work. They are made with stolen molds or produced in the actual factories after the legit work is done. This is basically free for them aside from materials. What you are describing would still be hugely expensive--the most expensive part of injection molded toy production is cutting the steel mold itself, which can costs tens of thousands of dollars. Sometimes even hundreds of thousands. And that money needs to come out of your pocket to get this process started even before you get to the "psudo slave labor and led paint."
>>
File: 0518171857-1.jpg (2MB, 1344x1966px) Image search: [Google]
0518171857-1.jpg
2MB, 1344x1966px
not exactly a bootleg, but giant saver space deleter has FUCKING AWESOME robots, I highly recommend getting them if you like giant zord-y toys.
>>
File: 0518172359a-1.jpg (2MB, 2560x1196px) Image search: [Google]
0518172359a-1.jpg
2MB, 2560x1196px
>>6344555
>vehicles
>>
>>6343581
Awesome post. You've convinced me that a $19 Archetype:Next M/F set might not be a horrible way to blow the cash.

Anyone have any experience with Body-Kun? That's the one that I'm most interested in because it's got the most generic sculpt and proportions, and I want to just cover it in soft goods anyway.
>>
there any worthwhile Grimlock knock offs out there?
>>
>>6344434

Actually Alibaba is full of toy factories you can contact to manufacture shit. Tons of companies use them to make trinkets, souvenirs, corporate gifts etc. You can get say, a happy meal or a figurine like Pokemon or Smurfs done for as low as $1 at a minimum quantity of around 50k pieces. Some will even provide sculptors to transform your 2D artwork into objects.

For low production runs, you can switch to aluminum plates instead of steel, which is a lot cheaper but the thing is completely obliterated after a few thousand pieces.
>>
>>6345048
Gonna interject here that without some sort of in-person QC that actually gives a damn, the cheaper you go, the worse the product. I worked for a company that had some custom figurines produced in China at a very "reasonable" rate--we provided the designs and they sculpted and produced the finished figures. The prototypes were beautifully painted and the sculpts were good. The finished products had parts that didn't line up, mold flashing, misaligned paint apps, misspellings (they rushed and painted the few words by hand), and smudges everywhere--and a fair amount came in broken.
>>
>>6345048
I don't know why you're coming at me with "actually..." when you yourself admit that you can get a run as "small" as 50k. That's still $50,000 out of pocket expense. I dunno about you, but I don't have that just lying around for shits and giggles. And that also assumes a very simple $1 item, when the original poster was clearly talking about producing complex action figures with joints and numerous parts, which is gonna cost a lot more per item and require a larger and more expensive mold (even in aluminum).
>>
File: 1476056735167.png (452KB, 710x828px) Image search: [Google]
1476056735167.png
452KB, 710x828px
has anyone bought the sonic nendo bootleg?
>>
>>6345471
Yes me
why do you ask ?
>>
>>6344434
Yes there are plenty of cases of molds being stolen but a lot of times it's just quality control rejects being pilfered off factory lines or factory workers running secret shifts producing more figures than is needed.

Nearly every recent NECA figure has made it onto eBay either before release or very shortly after.
>>
>>6349040
I dunno if I really count stolen qc rejects as bootlegs in the same sense, since they are nearly identical in quality to the real toy except for a small flaw or two. It's essentially just buying a discounted "damaged" legit figure. To me, a true bootleg has some signature traits, and one of those is noticeably poorer overall quality than the original due to being produced quickly, sloppily, and without qc restrictions.

And as for your second case, I already covered that in my post
>or produced in the actual factories after the legit work is done
>>
>>6348944
how is it?
>>
>>6349113
/toy/ has a general aversion for all figures sold out of China, I think its odd because if you know what you are looking for you can get the same thing for less and it's not even a bootleg
>>
>>6344555
Neat. Reminds me of Omega Supreme.

>>6345009
There's this KO version of Warbotron's legends scale grimlock that's upsized to voyager scale. I've heard decent things about it and it runs for like 30ish on eBay?

Look up "v class grimlock" or something. The keywords for a lot of the listings are weird and engrishy so you may need to poke around a bit.
>>
File: HTB1UqzRNVXXXXa2apXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg (146KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1UqzRNVXXXXa2apXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg
146KB, 750x750px
Thoughts on these Hellboy figures? Mezco stopped selling them long ago, what could they possibly be? Bootlegs? Overstock? Forgotten shipment resurfaced in a warehouse?

They even have the Previews Exclusive variant.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MEZCO-Hellboy-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-2Styles-7-18cm/32764141529.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mezco-Hellboy-Doll-with-Weapons-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-8-20cm-KT3643/32803552906.html
>>
File: DSCN3406.jpg (1015KB, 1704x2272px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3406.jpg
1015KB, 1704x2272px
>>6342590
Widowmaker was pretty fantastic for what it was.
>>
There are some companies that make knockoff Myth Cloths that are about as good as Bandai's- and then some of them go the extra mile and actually make entirely new figures that Bandai never bothered to make for whatever retarded reason. You just have to know which makers to get from, for the Myth Cloths- some have plastic armor as opposed to metal, which kind of sucks.
>>
Heads up to anyone interested:

There's an ebay seller (with no history of sales/purchases yet) from China selling a possibly a bootleg Castor and another selling a bootleg GITS Arise Motoko.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122519931974?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263006603221?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>6349858
does Widowmaker count as a bootleg? it isn't copying any figure
>>
>>6349957
It's an unlicensed figure as I understand it. So...kinda counts?
>>
File: IMG_20170530_095732.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_095732.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>6349154
look by yourself
>>
File: IMG_20170530_094523.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_094523.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>6350040
personally I am ok with it if you don't think too much
>>
File: IMG_20170530_095655.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_095655.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>6350041
>>
>>6350040
looks good, thanks anon
>>
>>6349957
Remember:

Bootleg=/= Knockoff
>>
>>6350040
>>6350041
I had him, 12 dollars off ebay. i tried to look past the fucking huge flaws like the spines and his head having an obvious seam and the terrible joins, eventually tossed him and considered it 12 bucks down the drain
>>
>>6349957
>>6349965
Technically if you look up the word "bootleg," it lists "unlicensed" as a synonym. But that's not the way the majority of people use the word in real life situations. So....

Unlicensed is just...unlicensed. It means someone made a toy but was unable or unwilling to obtain a license, and these are usually quite good and well made, because the people behind it actually care about it.

Bootlegs are entirely different. These are (usually poor quality) copies of existing figures.
>>
>>6350040
>>6350041
Looks pretty decent actually
>>6350215
For 12 bucks? Sounds like a good deal, you tossing the figure away is 12 bucks down the drain, could have at least sold it on to someone else.
>>
In an impulse i bought a bootleg iron man figma ex018 in 11us bucks, does anyone know if the figure is decent? Or it will fall apart in my hands? If it is too bad i'll sell it
>>
File: jaeger venom.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jaeger venom.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
This Venom seems to be an original sculpt. Aside from the wonky feet, it's not that bad looking. Tongue is detachable and it comes in Neca Pacific Rim packaging. Not too shabby. Double jointed knees, but the articulation isn't amazing.

Plus he comes with an extra long pussy-eating tongue.
>>
File: slurp.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>6355394
C U N N I L I N G U S
>>
>>6355389
You may want to just buy a real figma that's cheap for better joints. Otherwise, it should only be small problems. Paint aps, I'm sure the Tony head is terrible because it'll be super bootleg-y
>>
>>6355389
At that price it's worth a shot.
>>6355402
>Why not just buy a real figma
>He said in a thread about bootlegs
>>
Just won a bootleg of figma Caster. Only caveats are that the seller account has zero transactions on EBay (account made this year) and this is the first bootleg Caster I've seen on EBay so far, so it's a gamble. If nothing comes to my door in 40days (or no communication after attempts were made) I'll have EBay refund the purchase and leave negative feedback.

If it's real I'll post info in this thread or on whatever bootleg thread is up whenever it is I may get it.
>>
Are Drossel bootlegs still a thing, I can't seem to find them anymore.
>>
File: Venom-c-u.jpg (22KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
Venom-c-u.jpg
22KB, 398x307px
>>6355394
This headsculpt is is interesting. It kind of reminds me of Venom from the 90s Spidey cartoon. I really hate the feet though.
>>
>>6356404
Why would you even want one? I bought one and it was horrible in almost every way. It broke after a little bit of very careful handling too. It wasn't even a good display piece, the paint apps were sloppy, tampos were blurry, and the finish sucked. Eyes were dull because they didn't put the shiny backing on them. It just looked cheap.
>>
>>6356280
the seller from this >>6355389 also was a recently made account, i won and paid the auction on tuesday and he seller shipped on friday, he/they send a message later with a tracking number so it seems to be legitimate

i also saw a Motoko Arise figma but i've never seen a bootleg from that figure, and i have the original (and i had already bought the iron man) so i didn't gamble on that one
>>
>>6356422
That bad huh? I recall there being two bootlegs made of the regular and winter one.
>>
File: tracking.png (40KB, 1180x418px) Image search: [Google]
tracking.png
40KB, 1180x418px
for free shipping, the tracking is really impressive
>>
Caster-anon here.

The seller removed the listing for the auction yesterday, which in my past experience means it'll never come and I'll have to file a dispute should nothing show up by mid-July. This may suck because I'd really like a bootleg of Caster made for custom fodder.

I'll keep you guys posted.
>>
>>6359083
Should it not arrive in time, eBay/paypal has your back and if it does after that you have a free figure.
>>
I have several figures that I'm sure are bootlegs, but the quality is surprisingly good so I don't mind it at all. I know that supporting the original authors is good, but when an actual figure is $250+ and the bootleg is $20 but looks almost exactly the same and is stable/won't warp, I can't justify the high cost.

With that said, NEVER buy bootlegs of figures that only stand on one foot, they always inevitably bend.

I've also been buying some of the bootleg Lego sets lately, and I have to say, they are getting surprisingly good in quality, very close to Lego. And some of the original designs that aren't based off an existing set are rather fun, it leaves me scratching my head as to why Lego never did some of these even when they had the licenses.
>>
>>6359083
Before buying, always, ALWAYS, check the seller rating. You can almost always spot the bullshit sellers because they are new accounts with 0% ratings, they list shit with stock images and then run with the money.
>>
>>6359139
Yeah, I gave him the benefit of the doubt with a 0% rating from only having the account this year. I'll either get reimbursed or receive a cool-looking bootleg. Or even both. Win-win.
>>
>>6359595
You can get reimbursed and not have to wait the long time if you call eBay's help hotline. I've dealt with it many times, they know exactly what it is because so many chinese sellers do it to stick eBay with the bill.
>>
>>6359083
Well, you made a big gamble if there's no record of a bootleg caster figma, how much did you pay?
>>
>>6349040
Very true. It was how I used to get parts for He-man customs
>>
>>6355394
Those knee joints look fantastic. almost figuarts-esque.
>>
>>6359714
About $9 when the auction ended (sniped). I realize I'm being a Jew over less than $9 but that's how I am.
>>
>>6355394
Where did you get this suave handsome motherfucker?
>>
>>6355394
I really like when the Chinese make new figures from scratch cause you get some cool doofy details like this venom with aku arms and Dino feet.
>>
>>6359138
I've notice bootlego'ers have a tendency of repurposing popular builds. I've always found it somewhat charming.
>>
>>6360303
that's positively cool actually, i mean one day i will build my burger millennium falcon but i;ll just wait for the bootleg
>>
>>6342590
all of my nendos are bootlegs. older type of nendos like BRS series and basic Vocaloids are not actually that bad and almost identical.
the newer one like Kancolle or attack on titans are fucking atrocious.
>>
>>6360303
Damn, that looks pretty cool indeed. The other day i saw an orange Hulkbuster which i liked too, the color made me think of a repurposed working robot.
Just googled it and it seems like there are more of these, pic related.
>>
>>6359900
I found images on Google, and learned his name is just Jaeger Venom. You can pick him up on Ali Express and eBay for pretty cheap. They're everywhere apparently.
As for the anon saying they're on SH Figuarts levels? Err.. Not exactly.
>>
File: NECATMNT.jpg (718KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NECATMNT.jpg
718KB, 1500x1000px
>>6343290
Mine are shit.
>>
>>6360303
If you want good Bootlego's go with Lepin, while their minifigs included with the sets can be a bit so-so the builds and feel of the bricks are on par with the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVs9WtbvrO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rANJ6Mxc8

Apparently the Lepin Wall-E is also great.
>>
>>6360387
>Mk37-327-pcs-o-imbecil-hu(...).jpgMk37-327-pcs-o-imbecil-hulk-smash-conjunto-vingadores-homem-de-ferro-2-maravilha-bricks-building.jpg
>imbecil

Qué
>>
>>6360925
>chinese spanish traslation
que gracioso
>>
>>6360925
lol, i was confused too, but it's probably just shitty translation.
>>
does anybody here know about "crazy toys"? are they good or bad? from what i see, the chinese went a step forward and made a brand of bootlegs
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (194KB, 1209x907px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
194KB, 1209x907px
>>6363336
There's a lot of neat China exclusive collectibles, brands like King Arts and Dragon Models barely make it over to the west due to licensing being more expensive for those markets than it is to get the license for the Chinese market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dSRATBOAZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRKyuLSjcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TID6WcMbXcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv3UxiG5leQ
>>
File: vitruvianman.jpg (118KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
vitruvianman.jpg
118KB, 650x750px
Anyone happen to see a bootleg Figma Vitruvian Man around the internet? I've skimmed through a few of the usual sites, but none have it at a 'it seems too good to be true' price.
>>
>>6342590
any one bought a boot leg ss link?
>>
File: bigbootlegboss.jpg (67KB, 850x811px) Image search: [Google]
bigbootlegboss.jpg
67KB, 850x811px
Was going to buy a bootleg Venom Snake Nendo but jesus fucking christ the quality is atrocious. Ended up getting a Sinon instead.
>>
>>6366251
How is sinon? I was thinking on buy one for the weapons (and spare joints)
>>
>>6365839
The bootleg figma thinker came out alright looking, so it might be worth a shot.
>>
>>6366266
No idea, just barely ordered it a day ago. Ended up getting a legit Venom Snake off Amazon which should come in next week. I'll post pics when Sinon comes in though- have a timeframe of June 26-July 8 so who knows how soon it'll be
>>
>>6365857
No, but I've gotten a bootleg WW nendroid Link and I think it was good for the money but wish I had spent twice as much for a real one, especially after owning real Figma.
>>
Is the Big Beast God worth 30 bucks? Also I'd love some recommendations for KO Megazord and Voltron.
>>
>>6367036
Now I'm kind of curious too, were there ever bootlegs of the Megazord/individual zord toys from the sentai series?
>>
File: IMG_20170610_223950.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170610_223950.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>6342590
Got my bootleg Gurlokovitch soldiers as per OP recommendations.

Overall pretty decent bootlegs. Surprisingly decent paint, despite being lighter color than the original. As expected the joints quality weren't as good, but unlike other bootlegs they're surprisingly tight (and brittle). Both guys come with most of their joints frozen, and I had to free these brittle joints with hairdryer, feels like I'm defusing a bomb. I broke the wrist joint in one, and shear off the shoulder joint in other despite my best effort. Fortunately even the bootleg comes with extra wrist joint, and I had a spare figma shoulder joint lying around so all is well. The hole in the bootleg backs are ridiculously undersized for the figma stand peg to peg in, so you have to drill a bigger hole yourselves.

Overall I think they're worth $15, but just know that they come with troubles that you have to mitigate.
>>
>>6368726
>>6342590
Could i have a seller link?
>>
>>6368726
Buy some The Army Painter Anti-Shine Matt Varnish and spray it on, the cheap plastic makes them look too shiny compared to the original.
>>
>>6368726
$15? How much are they regularly? If it's over $45 for me personally then that's a steal even with that bit of work
>>
File: ballistic face.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic face.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>6368726
they look like they're wearing face armor plates, not ski masks.
>>
>>6349838
I'd also like to know about these, need a decent Hellboy for the collection. Would greatly appreciate any info
>>
>>6368726
Remember to wash your hands every time you finish fiddling with them. Lead paint and all.
>>
>>6368912
Left over stock from Mezco? Also reviews are very positive from the feedback page as well as plenty of pictures being posted. Looks to be the real deal.

>>6369016
>hurr lead paint myth
>>
>>6350040
>>6350041
I wonder if you could buy this, toss the parts on the EZ Nendoroid and if it'd look okay..
>>
File: UT8KDBcXVNXXXagOFbXu.jpg (85KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
UT8KDBcXVNXXXagOFbXu.jpg
85KB, 750x1000px
>>6365839
>>6366397
Forgot to include pic related.
>>
>>6349838
>>6368912
>>6369433

Got all of these new, they look dead-on, definitely look like overstock to me, if not then it's likely the same factory that made them originally.

Too bad they don't have all of the 3.75" figures, I still have Hellboy and Liz, mislaid the rest.
>>
>>6366251
Real figure was worth the extra 10-15$
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-13-13-30-17.png (301KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-13-13-30-17.png
301KB, 720x1280px
These guys seem to be showing up on AliExpress and on eBay.
It's pretty much a repainted Venom to look like Toxin named "Phage."
Super weird but it looks good. I have one on order right now from China. Seems like it's taken from the clear version of the early Hasbro Venom as the pegs are all clear. I kinda dig it.
>>
File: 890897089.jpg (48KB, 493x612px) Image search: [Google]
890897089.jpg
48KB, 493x612px
>>6373556
Weird. The name "Phage" has been used for at least two Spiderman characters, neither of which really looked like that. One was this strange abomination from an old Toy-Biz Venom line, and the other was a bright yellow symbiote.
>>
Anybody have a bootleg LBW Link?
>>
>>6372867
Link? I'd be down to grab one
>>
File: weijiang.png (2MB, 1338x582px) Image search: [Google]
weijiang.png
2MB, 1338x582px
If you want to see just how good bootlegs can get, grab yourself some WeiJiang stuff. I shit you not they improve these figures over the originals.
>>
>>6343590
They still aren't identical. Figma Snakes paint on Bootleg versions is utterly fucked. Vulcanlog Venoms Revoltech joints are absolute shit and fall apart or break v.s. real revoltech joints and on both figures the movable eyeball feature does not exist despite including the tool for it.

>>6342590
I wanted to bite the bullet of cheap bootlegs all the time but everytime I bought one on Ebay it never showed up and I refunded the money through Paypal. 10€ Revoltech Vader, 25€ Play Arts Kai figures etc. Anybody fancy a link to a Figma MGS soldier that will actually arrive?

I saw such figures also on Aliexpress but I did too many bootlego refunds so they killed my account before I could order an actionfigure.
>>
how about danboard, anyone have any experience with danbo bootlegs?
>>
>>6373813
Literally just buy the real figure, it's pretty cheap on amazon.
>>
>>6374168
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Figma-SP-056-The-Thinker-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-15cm-KT1773/32570209122.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Figma-SP-056-The-Thinker-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-15cm-Doll-Table-Figure-for/32716888848.html
>>
Are the bootlegs version of the Synthetic Human by TOA Industry any good?
>>
>>6374596
Ta anon
>>
>>6375189
There ARE bootlegs of it? I'm interested in seeing photos/opinions of them if so.
>>
>>6375331
There's a few listings on Aliexpress for 1/6 version for around 60€. Given how cheap for how fucking rare that kit is, I can only assume they're bootlegs. Also it's aliexpress.
>>
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5177/figma+archetype+she+flesh+color+ver.html

Any of you lads know which one is the cheapest and best bootleg of them all? Theres tons of these on ebay but I want one that's below 15 dollars in the best quality possible.

Want a bootleg for customizing.
>>
>>6375419
Two figures for $21.27 shipped

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-set-Figma-Archetype-Transparent-Ver-She-He-Doll-PVC-ACGN-Action-Figure-Toys-Brinquedos-Body/32791686126.html
>>
File: 20170616_175052.jpg (772KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_175052.jpg
772KB, 2560x1440px
Mold is nice, joints are a little on the easy side
VERY BEIGE
Sword doesn't fit into the scabbard, some dents in edges, matchlock missing its hammer.
Wrists tend to fall off.
I like it though
>>
How is the bootleg version of the Venom Snake revoltech?
>>
Any good bootleg of Gray Fox? That guy is stupid hard to find.
>>
>>6374242
I hear they have a leader scale DotM Megatron coming.

I'm so fucking hard up for that figure, I can't even tell you.
>>
>>6376405
When changing through the hands the wrist joints broke easily. The little peg on one hand wants to visibly rip off the joint so it's basically one with that hand now. The wrists are two parts and you can easily open them up and mix and match parts of other wrists if something breaks but the best would be wrist parts out of something much harder so I won't be touching the hands much until I get my 3D printer here.
Rest of the body is pretty ok. They didn't carry over the function to clip the rifle to the hip.

In general I would say Revo bootlegs are pretty good paintwise, not perfect copies but I find it acceptable for the lower price. The joints are the worst part because they don't copy the innards and thus lose most of their stability. Normal joints are not too fragile but you notice they aren't as good. They come with replacements but that doesn't really help because the tiniest joints will break very easily.
If Revoltech would still sell their joints separately Bootlegs could be an interesting source of body parts to mix and match.

>>6376441
They seem to have started up the Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja again. Now if they could do the same for Solid Snake I would love to get that one.

Play Arts Kai figures are mostly made in the same factory in extra-shifts as described above so prctically identical to the original (though I heard about bootleg Vaders with shitty neck joints so maybe not identical, I own no PAK at all).

It's pretty easy to look up whats available. Just search on Aliexpress for the character name and maybe a company that made him like Play Arts or Revoltech.
>>
>>6360397
>Are shit

Whats shitty about them exactly?
>>
>>6377938
Well having all Ralph heads looks like a good place to start.
>>
>>6377963
You're a fucking idiot, you do realize that right?

In the original release comics, they all had the same color masks and no separate personalities. Literally the only thing that differentiated them was the weapons.

It was so early that Splinter didn't exist, and Shredder was killed off (as in actually dead) in the first issue.
>>
>>6377963
Ahh, okay.
How about the quality of the joints.
>>6377984
No, what he means is that is they have the same head sculpt. The original NECA turtles had different facial expressions.
>>
How are the PAK Final Fantasy bootlegs? The Sephiroth one is way cheaper!
>>
>>6378002
Dunno how the joints are I wasn't the one who bought the bootlegs. I was just pointing out the head thing.
>>6377984
>>6378002 already answered you, but I'm still going to call you an idiot in turn. Even if immediately assuming it was someone being retarded over the original comics does seem rather fair, even if I said "well they all have Ralph's head/headsculpt" you still probably would've done the same thing.
>>
>>6377938
I'm not the guy who posted that pic, but as someone who owns legit NECA Turtles, I can tell you about some things i noticed in his photo compared to mine.

>Bad paint rub on their plastron (aka chest plates)
>Weird shades of green in some places, like the arms
>Something whitish caked in some of the joints, like Raph's shoulder/knee/wrists and Leo's shoulder
>Sloppy paint apps and more paint rub (see: mikey's chucks, Leo's knee, Donnie's belt)
>All have the same head, they should have different expressions

I've also heard that the belt, knee, and elbow pads are usually hard plastic (the real ones are soft flexible PVC). And sometimes the colors are way more off too, I've seen some Turtles that are more of a bluish shade. Basically the quality of the bootlegs seems to vary greatly, and unlike the early days when there were only one or two bootleg "versions" floating around, there are quite a few now and you don't know which one you're getting.
>>
File: IMG_20131120_115932_963.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131120_115932_963.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6378002
The joints are floppy messes of shit. I've heard that the colored head band bootlegs are better quality but you have to decide if you want to gamble.
>>
The bootleg I want is both on Aliexpress and Ebay. Which is better to deal with if there's a problem on the order?
>>
>>6377984
>and no separate personalities
Not true. They DID have identities.
>>
>>6378595
Ebay. Even if there is no problem, just tell Ebay it's a Bootleg. You get the money back and keep the item.

Aliexpress is a shithouse to be quite honest.
Complain about too many items beng broken or not arriving and they ban you.
It's better to manually confirm that the item arrived than to wait the 60 days so it automatically says it arrived. If you never confirm anything that's grounds for a ban as well if you are lucky.
>>
Has there ever been a case where the bootleg surpassed the original?

Only one I can think of is maybe MP Sideswipe, but that's debatable.
>>
>>6378609
I doubt I can do the Ebay 'trick' since the listing expressively say "replica".
I'll be wary of Aliexpress in the future, though, thank you.
>>
>>6378637
I doubt calling something a replica makes Bootlegs legal.
>>
>>6378609
Does that trick really work?
>>
>>6378609
>tell Ebay it's a Bootleg. You get the money back and keep the item.
That doesn't work anymore. eBay has gotten wise to this scheme and requires you to break the bootleg item on camera to get your refund.
>>
>>6384359
I've never had them ask this. They now insist you return the item, and if you leave negative feedback indicating it was bootleg they might remove the feedback and punish you for it.
>>
To anyone interested, I finally got my bootleg Figma Cupid/Angel two-pack minus the box (china put them in bags inside of a small styrofoam two-piece box and then taped it up completely).

Pros:
-Joints are tight enough though not uniformly.
-Parts stay attached decently
-Few mold imperfections

Cons:
-A few joints (4mm wing joint on one) come apart if not properly posed.
-Hip ball-socket joint on one pops off sometimes.

I'd give them a 8/10. They're custom fodder anyways.
>>
>>6388070
Got any pics?
>>
Has anyone tried the figuarts black panther? I'm interested in the quality.
>>
>>6375915
Can you swap the head on these to make actual samurai?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (323KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
323KB, 1200x1600px
You know what else has a good bootleg? Hot Toys Groot, you can snap him up for $60 to $75.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy8aZwruI1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sguAx44Tg
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (282KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
282KB, 1200x1600px
>>6391898
>>
File: DSCN0896.jpg (657KB, 1012x1121px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0896.jpg
657KB, 1012x1121px
>>6345009
this guy is awesome!
>>
File: fdgdtrg.jpg (125KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fdgdtrg.jpg
125KB, 720x1280px
>>6374369
So my Soldier arrived and I noticed that the right elbow and left shoulder joint aren't fully closed. The elbow seems to work just fine but the shoulder popped out when I moved the arm forward. It stays in now after I turned the joint so faces the other direction.
I wanted to turn the head but that peg went straight off. I think I will try turning what remains in the head with some better grip and then try glueing the head on there. There is enough of a joint below the neck so one can change the heads position.
Only one foot has movable toes.
The tiny wrist joints seem to work perfectly, hands can also easily be exchanged with no casualities right now.
One thing I find strange is the hip articulation. Instead of going straight forward, backward or to the sides it just kind of turns around itself and the knees can't be positioned differently.

For the 17,68€ I paid I feel it is ok and for what I will use and pose it, it is completely suitable.
>>
>>6391898
that is good, price is decent af too
>>
>>6350041
>if you don't think too much
I guess anything can look better if you stop thinking
>>
>>6393418
Giving it a warm water bath would have loosened those joints up.
>>
>>6393886
Maybe the neck but I doubt it with how how easy the pegs broke.
The shoulder and elbow just don't want to pop together because of mould flash but even after removing it they go barely better together.
>>
>>6393953
Do you plan on fixing the head?
>>
>>6398200
Maybe when I sit down to learn how to do it and get the hang of it. Right now I put some putty on there, the head sits a bit lower but the stuff isn't visible and stays flexible so I am content.
>>
>>6393431
$50 if you're lucky with some ebay auctions
>>
>>6349838
>>6368912
I got one of these, standard stubby horns look. Fuck, he's a good toy. I rarely agree with this sentiment, but he really does have all the articulation he needs. His joints are nice and tight, nothing's rickety or poorly painted, he's just a top notch figure.

I also got the MAFEX Bank Robbery Joker from the same site and jesus, this is the best 20 dollar figure I've ever purchased. Kudos and Buyas to the KO wizards who made this guy. Go get one, even if you don't collect DC figures, he's just a great little goon to have on your desk.
>>
File: IMG_20170705_122720.jpg (3MB, 2311x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_122720.jpg
3MB, 2311x4160px
This keychain baby Groot is great, it comes in different styles I went for the waving one. I got it for $4 shipped but you can get lucky with eBay auctions and get one for a buck or two.

I'm surprised with how detailed the sculpt and paint job is, unscrewed the keychain portion and will display on my desk.
>>
File: IMG_20170705_131809.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_131809.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>6405403
Wasn't sure where to post it in since it's not exactly a bootleg but GotG2 merch exclusive to Asia.
>>
File: d-arts.png (1MB, 1088x850px) Image search: [Google]
d-arts.png
1MB, 1088x850px
just got my bootie-arts Charizard. I like the weight on it, and the flare blitz effects are just great. but i still hate the sculpt, the segmented tail, and the fire fang part just doesnt stay on. still, it's a good placeholder when a better figure comes out on the next blue moon
>>
File: 100_3745.jpg (568KB, 1572x1179px) Image search: [Google]
100_3745.jpg
568KB, 1572x1179px
My Ross's finally stocked these guys. theyre great like you guys said they were
>>
File: frieza hates monkeys.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
frieza hates monkeys.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
if they were still around, Datong's SH Figuarts. They did some great stuff. Their early stuff was a bit off with a few loose limbs, but their latest (and last, I think) figure was amazingly done. Was tight, well painted and surprisingly accurate for a bootleg.
>>
Just got a pair of Body Kun and Chan DX sets in "pale orange" from China today. $50 and only minor issues. The accessory set that came with Chan is totally not going to fit in her hands. One of her ankle rivets is loose, and they both have minor should problems but they're all fixable. And the stink! They stink so badly of chemicals. Overall pretty happy.
>>
>>6408776
The plastic stink fades quickly
>>
>>6408144
How big are those and what's their articulation like?
>>
File: IMG_6490.png (397KB, 370x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6490.png
397KB, 370x365px
Anyone willing to take a gamble, look up 'butterfly dream choko' on EBay. China bootleggers have now made Rapedog sets at a fraction of the price (which is kinda decent a price for just the articulated dog figure). As always check feedback scores and histories of sellers, avoid new sellers with no history, and expect long delivery times. Next paycheck I might try it.
>>
>>6350045

Pretty....right up till you look at that glue seam.

All in all though, not a bad display piece.
>>
>>6365839

"Notice how all the perspective lines draw the eye right to his dong."
>>
>>6375915

Nice Samurai gear...but why the fuck does he have Bat-nipples?
>>
>>6410765
Because some actual historical samurai armor had sculpted nipples
>>
>>6410809

Huh. Well I'll be damned.
>>
>>6408776
>>6408792
So much flashing to trim. Chan's shoulders are flimsy as fuck, and Kun's right ankle is fused with paint. The gun hands on both sets are pretty fucked up from the molds, probably to the point they're unusable without drastic cutting and resculpting. The stands are spectacular. At this point, I don't know if I want to mess with the Archetype Next sets in bootleg form, even if I can get them for $18/pair. Also didn't expect Chan to be as small as she is. Holy shit, she's basically a young teen.
>>
>>6410605
I find this both disturbing and hilarious. Aren't you concerned it gets picked out in customs?
>>
>>6411165
If you bought this in the US, would you have to worry about customs?
>>
>>6411173
If it's coming in from out of the country, then there's a chance customs will pull it. They pull randomly for inspection as I understand it and it's one of the reasons why it takes forever for some packages to get delivered. Some days, I'd get packages in a couple of weeks. Other days, it takes a couple of months.
>>
anyone know how the bootleg Yamaguchi Venoms on ebay are? at this point i'm saving for the legit one but if anyone knows how the rep compares it could save me $50
>>
Hey guys, built gunpla and scale for a while but never looked into figures.

Anyone mind giving me a headstart on where to find a Gray Fox figure that doesn't look like ass? (I found one at a flea market like 7 years ago labeled as something random like power ranger)
>>
File: greay.jpg (356KB, 1450x840px) Image search: [Google]
greay.jpg
356KB, 1450x840px
>>6411225
Weird thread to ask it in, but anyway...you basically have three choices.

- McFarlane Toys 6" one. This one is old and is not very poseable. It does match the look of the Grey Fox in MGS1 pretty well though, with dull matte colors. It's also pretty cheap.

- Play Arts Kai. This one is big, like 10" tall IIRC. It poses reasonably well, and is painted up in bright shiny metallic colors like his appearance in MG Rising. This one is very expensive on the aftermarket cause it's out of production. It also got a red repaint to represent his unlockable skin in MGS1, and it comes with an open-masked head for the original version.

- RevolMini 4" one. This one is small, but it's also my favorite. It has slightly more action-y proportions, poses the best out of the three, and has metallic paint like the PAK. This one is unfortunately also pretty pricey because it's out of production.

I would recommend the McFarlane if you're cheaping out, the Revolmini if you're willing to spend a bit. The PAK is not horrible, but I wouldn't really recommend it, especially at current asking prices.
>>
>>6411294
Yeah, I wasn't sure where to ask it but hoping that someone who was skilled enough to surf bootlegs had some experience with normal brands.

Thanks a lot for the input, I think I'll get the mcFarlane one and price a revolmini. I've not got a ton of money (two jobs and college) but gray fox means a lot to me, one of the few fictional characters I really like.
>>
>>6411294
Oh, and that's McFarlane on the left, PAK in the middle, and Revolmini on the right in that pic.
>>
>>6375915
The hands fall off of the expensive ones too.
>>
>>6411165
In all fairness, what is customs going to do? Open it, stare at it in disgust and shake their heads, then re-box it and send it on it's way to you, with you never interacting with or seeing them anyways?
>>
>>6411667
I'm pretty sure bestiality falls into this category. If the material is found, Customs has the authority to seize the material (and probably put it into their personal stash):

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/pagedetails.action?collectionCode=USCODE&browsePath=Title+19%2FChapter+4%2FSubtitle+II%2FPart+I%2FSec.+1305&granuleId=USCODE-2015-title19-chap4-subtitleII-partI-sec1305&packageId=USCODE-2015-title19&collapse=true&fromBrowse=true
>>
>>6355394
Anybody tried the bootleg Revoltech Venom?
>>
>>6412011
>Importing obscene things is illegal.
>Buying it in the good ol' YooEssAy is perfectly fine.

Buy American, Fap American.
>>
>>6411223
I've been looking at the Spidey and Deadpool ones too and would like to know if they're any good
>>
>>6368874
Like $60 or so based on a quick amazon search, too lazy to check mandarake or jungle but can't imagine it'd be much different
>>
File: IMG_6190.jpg (268KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6190.jpg
268KB, 1000x1000px
Imierested in getting the Fran Play arts Kai fig, but not for 120$, on eBay there are obvious bootlegs, anyone have any experience with one? I can't find anything no matter where I look.
>>
>>6414728
I've seen nothing but praise for the ko Deadpool in various threads. Seems safe.
>>
File: broken spider.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
broken spider.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
>>6414728

I bought a bootleg spiderman on ebay.

This is what he looked like right after I took him out of the box, the left arm joint broke as soon as I moved the arm, despite me being careful.
>>
File: fixed spider.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
fixed spider.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
>>6418452

Here he is "fixed"

I had to take the joint out of his neck to fix the left arm, though it lacks range of motion due to the single joint, and replaced the neck joint with a figma joint I had laying around.

He works pretty ok now, though the midriff joint keeping him together likes to fall apart.

Also it may not be very visible on these photos due to flash but the red colors on the figure are pretty dark and the web lines smudgy in places.

Stil not bad for £13 I think.
>>
>>6418452
>>6418461
I dunno. If you're pleased with it that's cool I guess, but it seems to me like you're going about this bootleg thing all wrong. You're ideally supposed to buy decent-looking bootlegs and display them/not handle them too often. For a hyper-dynamic figure like Revo Spidey that begs for constant reposing, I wouldn't want something fragile that will fall apart/break on me, y'know? I would just pay the extra bux and get a real one from Kaiyodo, a hearty one that would probably survive being crushed underfoot.
>>
Is it safe to buy from Aliexpress?
I've been meaning to buy the Perfect Effect hands and feet KOs and some Body figuarts for a while but I always chicken out before even registering.
>>
Are the bootleg or china tamashii stages any good?
>>
>>6349870
The real Myth Clothes have metal armor?
That explains the price lol
>>
Is the mini-revoltech Russian soldier actually 10 dollars or is that for sure a bootleg
>>
>>6419351
for sure a bootleg but honestly the authentic version is worth as much. complete garbage
>>
>>6419296
Yes. Things will just take forever to get to you, and you need to be wary of bootlegs.

But its safe.
>>
>>6410809
>old man nipples
Infinitely scarier than Bat nipples.
>>
File: 34450852858.jpg (115KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
34450852858.jpg
115KB, 750x562px
>>6419388
I don't mind waiting.
Can you combine orders from them? Do they use Paypal?
>>
>>6420368
Oh fuck, I forgot I had that pic.
Don't mind it, I just can't fucking find that set on Aliexpress and it's been bothering me that I will have to pay full price when I only want the guns.
>>
>>6342590
On my hunt for Classics Seekers I came across two bootlegs. From a distance they look ok, but once you have them in hand you really start to notice the bad plastic, the stress marks, the chips and the shitty paint apps.

I own this Sunstorm. It came with a bunch of real ones and you can really tell the difference in quality. Also have a Thrust some guy sold me thinking it was a real one. He gave me a refund so I keep it as a novelty piece.

The most sure sign you have a KO Seeker in hand is the CHMS1 embossed on the inside of the legs. Of course, you can't see that inside a box.
>>
File: OrangeSunstorm28.jpg (47KB, 700x451px) Image search: [Google]
OrangeSunstorm28.jpg
47KB, 700x451px
>>6420601
Forgot the pic.
This one is easy to notice since it's also the wrong color. But other ones are harder to spot.
>>
>>6391898
Does this have an Aliexpress page, or is it just an eBay thing?
>>
File: IMG_4621.png (163KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4621.png
163KB, 750x1334px
Been five weeks, safe to say I'm never getting my Sinon. I'll just cut my losses and ask for a refund.
>>
>>6421506
I don't know, free chinese shipping can take more than 2 months for me. But this is chinks we're talking about so there's no guarantees.
>>
>>6421633
It wasn't free, figure was $14, shipping was $6 :/
>>
File: 2017-07-15 17.56.04.jpg (354KB, 538x1016px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15 17.56.04.jpg
354KB, 538x1016px
>>6389376
I just got one in, and he's actually pretty nice. I don't have the real deal to compare, but the usual problem areas of loose joints and sketchy paint seem fine here. Even the swappable hands go on and off with no problems, which is something I can't say for the real deal half the time.

A couple weird things, though. Every review I've seen makes it look like his elbows go a little more than 90 degrees, while the bootleg doesn't even get 90. Then, there's a hole in the side of his mask which seems to even be in the product shots? Finally, it feels like his wrist pegs stick out farther than they should so they look off, but it gives them a ton of range so I'm ok with it?

I don't think he was a particularly amazing figure in the first place, but the ko is a good way to spend 30 bucks if you missed the real one.
>>
File: DSCN7758.jpg (315KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7758.jpg
315KB, 1200x900px
>>6422157
No mask hole on my Bandai Panther. That's interesting though, I guess it means the bootleggers got their hands on a pre-production mold?

Still, I gotta say the KO Panther looks pretty sharp!
>>
>>6422186
>I guess it means the bootleggers got their hands on a pre-production mold?
Yeah, it's a weird detail, but maybe they decided it'd be better to go with that than recast the final thing? I don't know how they do this stuff.

But yeah, I wasn't expecting him to look as clean as he does, the last figuarts bootleg I bought was an iron man that was sticky and looked like it was painted by a 5 year old.
>>
>>6420653
Both.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Toys-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Groot-1-6-Scale-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy/32612941796.html

www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Groot-1-6-Scale-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-15-New-/272672292023

You could try getting a lower offer on the one on eBay though.

>>6421847
That's how Wish gets their profit, they let Chinese sellers on while charging customers for shipping as if they're a middle-man service. Shipping out of a China is free because its government sponsored. Don't buy stuff off Wish, they're a scam hopefully you'll get your refund asap.
>>
>>6420368
Only if its from the same seller. Can't use paypal on AliExpress, if you want to use paypal you need to do it through eBay
>>
>>6422157
Won't be long until a Spider-Gwen pops up I'm sure.
>>
>>6423974
I got a full refund within an hour. It's the first time it's happened so I'll let it slide, I'll just be wiser about how and where I get bootlegs now
>>
>>6424191
That why you buy from AliExpress instead.

$14 shipped without box, $16.79 shipped with original box
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Anime-Sword-Art-Online-Nendoroid-452-Sinon-Asada-Sao-Juguetes-PVC-Action-Figure-Collection-Model-Kids/32805053814.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Sword-Art-Online-Kirito-Sinon-Kirigaya-Kazuto-Yuuki-Asuna-Asada-Shino-Figma-248-241/32800559443.html
>>
>>6424631
Ta anon!
>>
>>6417338
I can tell you beware scammers. Some we will never ship but only take your money.
Happened with other PlayArts figures.
>>
File: feedback.jpg (137KB, 933x903px) Image search: [Google]
feedback.jpg
137KB, 933x903px
>>6425390
You can sort products on AliExpress by amount of orders or feedback.Then it's always a matter of checking the feedback for how the actual bootleg figure looks because often times the chinks just use product shots for those Kai figures.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Play-Arts-KAI-FINAL-FANTASY-XII-Fran-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-30cm-KT3410/32783450633.html
>>
File: UTB8E3b7XnzIXKJkSafVq6yWgXXa2.jpg (80KB, 459x816px) Image search: [Google]
UTB8E3b7XnzIXKJkSafVq6yWgXXa2.jpg
80KB, 459x816px
>>6425408
>>6417338
>>
File: $_57.jpg (76KB, 719x960px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
76KB, 719x960px
So all the neca robocop figures listed on ebay coming from China and Hong Kong are knockoffs? They all cost between $25-$40 shipped whereas all the ones from America cost ~$100 shipped. I've never bought anything off ebay.
>>
>>6422157
How's the plastic feel? Brittle at all? I'm a little paranoid cause the last KO I bought broke.
>>
>>6426087
Nearly every recent NECA figure has had the factory workers run secret shifts to produce more figures than is necessary to then later sell them on eBay or AliExpress. No harm in getting a chink Robocop.
>>
>>6426314
Nope, everything feels good. I've noticed a rattle in his pelvis that seems to be from two halves not meeting all the way, but I think I'm just gonna superglue it together.
>>
File: 1308036731156.jpg (137KB, 960x987px) Image search: [Google]
1308036731156.jpg
137KB, 960x987px
I just got this baby from an ebay shop in china. Fully expected it to never arrive, but for ten bucks including shipping I was willing to gamble.

It's less solid than it looks on the pictures, being made from the kind of squeezable soft plastic they use for the cheapest of army men and bath toys. It stands up alright, but I imagine it falls apart pretty fast when played with.
Paint varies from meh, to "what did you expect for that price?"
Stands about 7 inch tall in voltron mode.
The trains are passable, but you wont ever have him in train mode, will you?

If you ever want one, get this version. The train heads are actually molded from plastic, instead of other versions where they are shitty stickers.

I love it because I have a thing for ridiculous transforming robots. Otherwise it's typical cheapo crap.
>>
>>6360322
>all of my nendos are bootlegs.
>are not actually that bad and almost identical.

Seems obvious why you would think they are almost identical.

I only bought one fake nendoroid, and it sucks compared to the legits. Never bought another fake again.
>>
File: DSC_5318 copy.jpg (453KB, 1521x1014px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5318 copy.jpg
453KB, 1521x1014px
Spot the bootleg.
>>
>>6432414
is this a trick question and they're all bootlegs
>>
File: HTB1hVTbSpXXXXX7XpXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg (232KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1hVTbSpXXXXX7XpXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg
232KB, 800x800px
Well that was quick.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POGO-Single-Sale-Super-Heroes-2017-SDCC-Howard-Duck-Deadpool-Duck-Bricks-Building-Blocks-Best-Children/32824731211.html?
>>
>>6418452
>>6418461

I love the figures of Figma and Revoltech but they have the terrible problem that they have very fragile pieces, with the incorrect use of force or by carelessness enough to turn a figure of $ 60 in garbage, if you buy bootlegs you risk double or triple to go through the same thing Just for wanting to save money
>>
>>6373556
This brings up a good topic,which is that bootleggers have begun reproducing toybiz molds. So far they've reproduced spiderhulk,this venom, the original legends Deadpool plus all his accessories, and the Hasbro ML Ares,Fing fang foom,and I've heard rumors of annihilus. They also sell massive lots of hasbro ML spiderman hands.
>>
So I'm curious about the SHF Charizard bootlegs, it'd be nice to have just in general for my small pokemon display.
Has there been any reports of them being horrible at all? I know it'll depend but I want general opinions.
>>
File: unnamed.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
54KB, 300x300px
So, how much of the stuff on AliExpress is fake? Cause some of the stuff there is pretty pricey, almost as much as legit stuff.

For example, went looking for a ML Jubilee KO, and found a Jubes going for $40.
>>
>>6434729
All of it, if you want a chance of real items check taobao, because China Chinese want legit toys too.
>>
>>6434729
It's not very hard, dude.

1. If there's nothing at that price in the legit sites, then it's 100% fake.
2. If it's at a similar price, but they have many in stock, then it's 100% fake.
3. Even if it is one in stock at a similar price as everywhere else, why the fuck would you risk buying from a site made by fucking chinks instead of just getting it from a good store?
4. Even if you want to gamble it in the off-chance it's the real thing, are you really going to spend $40 on fucking nothing instead of just saving them for the real thing?
5. It's run by chinks.
>>
File: 234.jpg (60KB, 741x741px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
60KB, 741x741px
I honestly can't tell the difference between the real/fake.. just that the box didn't have the official sticker.
Got it for £10 (haggled down from £25) at comic-con as it was the last day plus the box was a little dented.
>>
File: jubootlee.jpg (108KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
jubootlee.jpg
108KB, 756x1008px
>>6434729
I bought that Jubilee through eBay since the seller had it on both Ali and eBay, and I'm happier having paid through Paypal.
It's essentially what was described to me as an "overrun" where it was made with the same molds, plastic, and paint as the original, but produced after-hours or something. In-hand, it's great. The only place where you can tell it's a bootleg is the inside of the head, where there is gray primer--which leads me to believe that it's actually a prototype or proof of concept or something. For $40 I couldn't be happier.
>>
File: cxdgh.jpg (184KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cxdgh.jpg
184KB, 960x1280px
>>6378615
Weijiang crushed it with the AoE hound aka detective. Same basic figure as the Hasbro version but upscaled, tweaked and a bunch of shit added.
>>
>>6440775
I wish I had got this before it was $100 online.
>>
>>6342590
there's dragon momoko for bootleg gundam model kits that's been doing a pretty good job at making model kits for gundam that still don't have any official kits from bandai i.e. Testament gundam and Tallgeese III (came first before the P-Bandai), as well as made some bootleg kits with improvements from the original i.e. the gundam AGE models (were more articulate and had more accessories for each kit compared to the original)

then there's daban that makes good bootleg kits but mostly consists of gundam Unicorn mechs

TT Hongli from what I know stopped producing bootlegs since last year, they had the widest range of kits since they made bootlegs of both 00 and SEED kits but had the shittiest quality

Ironbear makes bootleg Bearguys and that once weird Acguy then suddenly jumped into making a FUCKING 1/100 KSHATRIYA
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-091227.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-091227.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>6440799
It's right around 50 bucks on aliexpress if you don't mind waiting a month to get it.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
>>6433643
New bootlegs on the scene,they seem to be stylized off the new spidey cartoon coming out. They even have the same character line up. Makes me wonder if they out right stole the molds from an upcoming hasbro line or something.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322589620081?_mwBanner=1
>>
>>6443304
They're all sort of out-of-scale with each other and Hasbro wouldn't put an ab crunch like that on the ladies--they'd be ball and socket joints. Not to mention the double-elbows on the female figures. It's also the same backdrop used in these shots http://r.ebay.com/JigN1t so I think this is all original molds.
>>
>>6443304
>>Double-jointed elbows on female figures

It's fun to see when bootleggers manage to one-up engineering of the legit figures in some ways.
>>
>>6443304
Most of them look kind of odd, but that 2099 and Gwen are looking pretty appealing. Gwen's feet are unpainted though! That's such an iconic part of her outfit too.
>>
>>6443304

Grabbed a Spidergwen. Will grab more if they're decent. Love that they're doing their own waves. They need to give us a new Beast, Professor X and Gambit.
>>
>>6430420
sounds like a funny display toy.
>>
File: IMG_9635.jpg (480KB, 1419x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9635.jpg
480KB, 1419x2048px
>>6425410
Thanks, got mine today.
>>
>>6447716
Looks good
>>
So I'm coming from the BJD hobby and am a bit confused about recasts of garage kits? They're not exactly legal/just reproductions are they?
There's a GK i want but it came out like 10 yrs ago before i got into the hobby, but i don't wanna be a hypocrite and buy something that's an "illegal" knockoff.
>>
>>6449276
No, they're not legal for the most part. Outside of the BJD world, nobody gives much of a fuck. I know you guys have a ton of drama over that kind of thing, but here in the rest of toyland, it's do or die, you get what you want no matter what the moral ramifications.
>>
>>6449288
Yeah there's a hell of a lot of drama in the bjd hobby because of bootlegs.
Iunno I can't get past that comparison even though this one particular GK is the only figure I want from one of my top nine anime/mangas of all time. I am pathetic and stuck.
>>
>>6455198
Treat it as a different thing like you do with downloading music. If neither the japanese, who actually made the thing, nor your contemporaries care, I don't see why you should. Other than crippling autism, that is.
>>
>>6412197
the knockoff joints are a little too weak for the body (he's very chunky compared to normal revos), so you might want swap them out for real revoltech joints. The sculpt's nice and it's a quarter of the price, so I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>6422157
Can you turn his forearms independently? I know with the legit one you could, but I'm wondering if it's the same with the bootleg.
>>
>>6456589
You mean rotation, like he's wearing bracelets? Yeah, that's intact, good tightness too.
>>
>>6456607
>You mean rotation, like he's wearing bracelets?
Yeah that's what I mean.

>Yeah, that's intact, good tightness too.
Nice, sounds like it's everything I need for my custom project.
>>
>>6443304
that homecoming one looks really good, I'm digging the style on these
>>
>>6447716
How's the articulation on it?
>>
Has anyone bought bootleg SHF stands?

Are they decent? stands seem like a difficult thing to fuck up.
>>
>>6445011
>>
>>6458272
>>6445011

A different listing for the same figures seems to show her with painted feet. Hoping the one I ordered comes that way.
>>
File: DSCN0997.jpg (593KB, 609x1115px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0997.jpg
593KB, 609x1115px
Weijiang, Kubianbao and Mech Fans Toys are improving from the OG molds when they do a KO, RENDSORA blows TLK megatron out of the water.

there is also this guy.
>>
>>6458221
there is a video on youtube but not actually comparing it to a legit release.
>>
Is there a decent 1:12 Hulkbuster bootleg?
>>
File: 20170802_130431.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_130431.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
My cousin has this toy is it a bootleg, if yes it is a good one
>>
>>6459510
No.
>>
>>6459510
It's a burger king toy for the early 2000's.
>>
>>6393418
>17,68€
Link please?
>>
>>6410605
Ohboyohboy bought
>>
Anyone have any experience with the DBZ figures from ali/ebay?
>>
>>6460559
Let us know how bootleg Rapedog turned out.
>>
>>6458221
Would be hard for the chinks to fuck one of those up
>>
File: IMG_20170803_214035.jpg (2MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_214035.jpg
2MB, 2400x3200px
>>6349744
I just got the upscaled warbotron grimlock the other day. Pretty awesome and i highly recommend it if you want a cheap grimlock. Only 28 bucks on aliexpress. Issues were the tabs on the shoulders sticking really bad in their holes so i had to shave a tiny bit off with a knife and now it's perfect. Had to do the same thing to the tab that goes into the chrome dino neck and the tab that holds the dino chest together. The plastic is more model quality than toy quality but it doesn't feel fragile at all.
>>
File: 1486618770193.jpg (242KB, 1315x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1486618770193.jpg
242KB, 1315x2160px
>>6447716
>tfw bought a bootleg PlayArtsKai Quiet
>ended up receiving Fran instead

She really looks good considering she is not legit, even more when I got it for free, the seller sent me Quiet later since he made the mistake.
>>
File: photo_2017-08-08_15-52-31.jpg (69KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-08_15-52-31.jpg
69KB, 960x1280px
>>6443304
>>6444269
>>6444599
>>6445011

I got my Gwen in the mail today. Pretty decent quality. The ankles don't have a true pivot. The feet just turn left and right. The ab crunch is so tight that I thought it wasn't actually a real joint at first. Shoulder joints seem really weak and the plastic smell is probably giving me cancer. The feet are painted though.
>>
>>6470280
The way they did the hood is pretty impressive in its simplicity. And way more effective as a hood than what Hasbro did.
>>
>>6470280
I think they're legit, probably made during one of those secret shifts when Hasbro wasn't looking.
>>
>>6470966

The hood actually seems really fragile. It's hard plastic, so you can really take it off. The two halves are glued together and I expect it'll come apart and need a repair at some point.
>>
>>6409130
3", ball joints where it matters. not xevoz-articulate, but it was like 5 bucks a pack
>>
>>6472420
Ah, that sucks. If it were a flexible material that would have been amazing.
>>
I'm 100% sure that bootlegs from China have no regulation and are invitations for cancer into your body from those fumes. Has anyone here ACTUALLY opened up a bootleg before? It's fucking gnarly.

Why take the risk?
>>
>>6474255

If a $10 Marvel figure is enough to get cancer, I probably already have cancer 100 times over.
>>
>>6474255
Even breathing gives you cancer anon, a bootleg won't make any difference
>>
>>6474255
You're supposed to display your figures not eat them.
>>
How do I remove the smell from my Datong Freiza? The guy gives me a legit headache everytime I open the box.

Can I wash him in boiling water?
>>
>>6474566
kek
>>
>>6474831
Just let it air out on its own, the plastic smell is gone pretty quickly.
>>
>>6460559
Has your raped of arived yet? How is it?
>>
>>6475403
>*Rape Dog

Fucking auto correct.
>>
File: IMG_20170810_190637.jpg (2MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_190637.jpg
2MB, 2400x3200px
>>6365857
I just got SS Link in the mail today. I think he looks great for 15 bucks. Limbs stay on well enough for posting but fall off if you try to play with it much. Only downside was the pegs for the shield didn't hold very well. Put some clear nail polish on it and now it holds decent. I have no real Figmas to compare it to so i don't really know what the standard is.
>>
Anybody got the super cheap figma archetypes on aliexpress? Are they any good?
>>
>>6475530
That looks awful, dude.

Hell, there's some figures that come to mind that are around $15 and are much better.
>>
>>6343590
You know bootleg doesn't just mean made in china, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Toyhousefactory "Shadowwave" AKA KO MP Soundblaster arrived today. He's a really well built figure. Sturdy plastic, an addition that covers up a flaw in Hastaks mold, and a solid price tag at $55. He also came with Ratbat, a Megatron pistol, a scanner, an energon cube, and 2 more little accessories.

Will be buying KO MP Soundwave from THF instead of paying Takara prices. 10/10 figure.
>>
Ugh this again.

If you buy bootlegs, you are literally buying and displaying an actual pile of feces.

If you don't wantto support the actual conpany because you "don't have that kind of money" then gtfo you poorfag, you are in the wrong hobby.

Shit, I hate people who buy trash and try to reason that it's "good enough". Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>6476396
Is this a copy pasta that I'm unaware of? Or is this just some fag voicing his shit opinion?
>>
>>6476396
theres no point in supporting a line that will eventually be/has been dropped. D-arts Charizard was a piece of shit for $50, and i saved 30 buy buying the bootleg which also came with the flame parts. also it doesnt matter in the long run whether we do or do not support an official toyline, because a company can easily decide to drop it for reasons of their own and we can do very little to turn it around.
>>
>>6476396
Boy are you in for a surprise when you hop over to /g/ >>>/g/61840811
>>
>>6476123
>awful

That seems a little extreme anon. Awful would be a totally derped face, wrong colors or paint just smudged all over the place. What significant issues do you see here? Not talking about nitpicky stuff since that wouldn't be enough to qualify the figure as "awful".
>>
>>6476391
Don't make me go spending money I don't need to be spending.
>>
>>6410809
>samurai has saggy tits
The fuck
>>
>>6477051
Sign me up for a christmas cake samurai girl
>>
>>6426087
What the? Is Neca doing box set rereleases for all their shit now?
>>
>>6404338
>also got the MAFEX Bank Robbery Joker from the same site and jesus, this is the best 20 dollar figure I've ever purchased.
saw it on AliExpress and immediately bought it. head sculpt looks horrid (probably bad paint app) but I don't care... I'm definitely displaying the figure with the mask head... huge fan of Nolan's TDKT and always wanted a good Bank Robber Joker figure (Mattel one is nice though)
>>
>>6375915
I'm tempted to get the Samurai Boba Fett...
>>
>>6477629
Do it
>>
>>6474255
Are you burning the things and huffing the fumes?
>>
Anyone knows about bootleg dissidia gabranth play art kai quality? Somebody offer me for 50 bucks but im still not sure
>>
File: unwillingnesshound.jpg (513KB, 1722x999px) Image search: [Google]
unwillingnesshound.jpg
513KB, 1722x999px
Rapedog is really good. His joints are just ok although his head is a little wobbly and slips off easily.
Mine had a misaligned pin holding the >>storage handle
but some hot water and prising open his crotch to set it into its peg hole fixed it up. It appears to be a firm PVC
Oddly he has no butthole.
The statue is surprisingly decent although it comes with two socks that serve no purpose as well as two >>meat buns
and some >>light sabers
>>
>>6487861
Wasn't expecting bootlegs of this thing
>>
>>6487861
so the dick broke off?

where you get?
>>
>>6489411
It has a pin that doubles as a hinge. Self castrated in the box but pops back on.
Ebay has pulled all the bootlegs, but you can get it on aliexpress for $30.
>>
File: $_12.png (451KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.png
451KB, 460x500px
Alright my dudes. I recently bought a Nendoroid-related thing from China that turned out to be legit. So I'm taking the plunge again.

I bought this dude from China for $30, so I'll report back if it arrives or turns out to be a fake. As as far I know, there aren't any TMNT Figuarts bootlegs.
>>
>>6487861
Can you show him next to a figma?

Also, do the larger dicks attach well?

How's the quality?
>>
>>6476391

Where'd you get those purple boxes?
>>
>>6489695
Nearly every Asian market Turtle figure to date (Figuarts, Revos) have gotten bootlegs.
>>
>>6474398
How can I catch that kind of cancer?
>>
I own a fake Toon Link and Kirby Nendo I bought on Aliexpress for 9€ each, and they're pretty good imo. Toon Link is nice overall, but Kirby magnets sometimes aren't strong enough and the "hands" fell off. It's easy to fix tho.

I'm going to buy fake Prompto's PAK on Ali too, I've seen that some have good reviews with photos and at a good price (since the original is ultra expensive and PAKs aren't worth the money).
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.